Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1279368 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by shola0505: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2021
Has anyone received CAS for Glasgow Caledonian University for January intakes ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chikadibia21: 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
Very well said Hustla

Even if your major aim is to "japa", japa with purpose na...The truth remains that getting good grades can even help one settle faster as recruitment fairs hold often

How them wan recruit you if you no serious with your book?

Na Distinction I dey aim for sef, and NO, them no use book swear for me� for those who think being serious in one's studies equates laziness or lack of purpose

hustla:

How don't Nigerians like seeing other Nigerians in the UK? How will seeing you affect their personal lives?

The truth is, that anyhowness, una wan carry am enter UK without minding that it will spoil the road map for other Nigerians behind you.

Is it until they introduce block accounts like Germany? Is it until they scrape Pgwp for Nigerians?

I hope you know that you're in deep shit if you fail any of your courses? I m not in the UK yet but I know it is hard to give both optimum attention at the same time, like serving 2 masters at the same time, one has to give

Nigeria's anyhowness no follow for UK

If you want to choose hustle or ori olori hustling over your schooling, by all means do it.. But when they ask you to leave the country like one guy was told some pages back, no ask Justwise what to help you

If you study, finish with good grades, your settling will be softer and you will end up making more

Delayed gratification

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Aikayval: 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2021
[quote author=shola0505 post=106374356]Has anyone received CAS for Glasgow Caledonian University for January intakes ?
Not yet, it starts on Monday the 4th.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2021
Adebowaleo25:
Please @Just wise and others, I will be traveling to UK Scotland precisely on Monday.
with the new changes taking effect on Monday 4th of Oct. Please do I still need to book day 2 and day 8 test ?
NB: I am fully vaccinated.

Scotland and England have different guidelines regarding this, so the best place to get info tailored to your need is from your school website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chikadibia21: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
Nice one!

Chreze:
With regards to the work and school discussion. When people who are here tell you it’s a challenging combination. Take it as the truth. When someone tells you it’s impossible, take that too cos he/she may be speaking from experience.

I don’t think combining any two activities at the same time can ever be easy and I think working and schooling is difficult in any part of the world. I know guys who work and study and I will tell you it’s not easy. Believe me. It’s very challenging.

Is it possible? Yes very possible and you can still get a good result.

Will I advice anyone? ….hmmmmm….

Here’s what I will advice:

Try to get something (enough money) to cover your first semester, during the first semester, use it to understand how your Univeristy function and it’s difficulty level. Trust me, the difficult level for University’s varies. Some Univeristy are more difficult (especially those at the top), while some are not so difficult. (I purposely did not use “are not difficult” and that because difficulty is self defined)

After the first semester, you will be able to decide for yourself how you intend to merge the work and school. And possibly you would have made friend(s) that will give you some school update and assist you too.

The reason why Mr(s) A was able to work and school could be because his/her Univeristy was not as difficult as Mr(s) B. Hence why Mr(s) B would tell you it’s difficult or impossible to work and still get good grades.

Above all, don’t ignore advice from people because it’s not in line with what you want to hear or believe. Take every advice you get, Use only the ones you believe and trust. Everything no be argument and curse. Person wey tell you say make you no work and school no go de when you begin face panel for plagiarism because you could not properly translate what you have read into writing.

Trust me my brothers and sisters, e easy for this UK to just change for person eyes like magic oooo. All those plans and imagination wey you don dream of go just turn tears and regret.

In the voice of my people: God no go shame us…

Blessings

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Obidede12: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
Please anyone for uwe January let's connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by EmeeNaka: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
Can I possibly change my place of Medical appointment? Like change to Abuja? I booked for Lagos but it seems the date is far 21st Dec for intake that will start on Jan 7?
Or are there other options I can use to do the test in Lagos at earlier date?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Adebowaleo25: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
Thanks boss

Scotland and England have different guidelines regarding this, so the best place to get info tailored to your need is from your school website[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by emirtea(m): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2021
Send an email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Subject: Urgent Request for UK Medicals

EmeeNaka:
Can I possibly change my place of Medical appointment? Like change to Abuja? I booked for Lagos but it seems the date is far 21st Dec for intake that will start on Jan 7?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
Chikadibia21:
Very well said Hustla

Even if your major aim is to "japa", japa with purpose na...The truth remains that getting good grades can even help one settle faster as recruitment fairs hold often

How them wan recruit you if you no serious with your book?

Na Distinction I dey aim for sef, and NO, them no use book swear for me� for those who think being serious in one's studies equates laziness or lack of purpose

cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by EmeeNaka: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2021
emirtea:
Send an email to iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Subject: Urgent Request for UK Medicals

Okay, thanks much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kollinburg:
Good morning Active minds

I want to congratulate everyone expecting their decisions on their visa submission

Pls I have been following not quite long enough buh I would like to ask

Can I apply for Bsc at age 25 again ?

Although I graduated with Hnd and i see the top up and the premasters are so expensive for me to pay first payment at the moment

So I’m thinking going for a fresh bsc is it very possible?

Have a lovely day

BSC is more expensive. You pay your school fees for 3 years each. I advise u to go for MSC.

Many UK universities accept MSc admission directly with 3rd class and HND.

Check my post and that of Howoheye here: https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4/372#102024310

You need to check those universities and courses if it fits your budget.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by NewsDistributor: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
iiiyyyk:
choose Teeside university.

Please I’ve been trying to submit my application on Teeside’s portal but it keeps logging me out. It then asks me to login but I wasn’t even given an opportunity to create an account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by danex(m): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2021
Take note I did not say it was gonna be easy I only said it is possible. Trust me I have juggled really difficult things in my life while studying I am not afraid of challenges anymore. "Where there is will there is a way". Let's stay positive guys.

Plus studying in the UK is same whether online or offline. It's just a series of papers, workshops, presentations and seminars. You must be prepared to do a lot of research and writing. If you manage your time properly you can succeed.

Additionally choosing a course of study where you have strength can give you a head start. But choosing a course you know nothing about sets u at a disadvantage already.

Just my 2cents.

justwise:

Dude you don't compare day and night, you got no idea what it means to study and work here, online study at your own time, no work or business restriction is not the same as the system here.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MizTyna(f): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2021
Jules03:
Hello everyone
Please help me out this is urgent.
Must the money you need to show in your bank statement reach 28 days before you submit your visa application
In the event that you have submitted the visa application already and paid all the compulsory fees including priority fee but haven’t picked a date for biometrics yet because you want to begin the count again due to a miscalculation

What can you do to rectify this please

Should the application be cancelled or just do a letter to explain that the funds were not complete as as at when you submitted because of a miscalculation on your part but by the time you went for biometrics it was complete (I intend to pick a biometrics date for October 15th when the money is complete 28 days)
Would the priority fee be returned if I cancel and apply when the money is complete

Please help.

Cancel the application to be on the safe side. Just don't expect your refund immediately
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tolvin: 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hello Guys,
Please I'd like to change my passport number on my TB certificate. Reason because I renewed my passport. How much do I have to pay and what's the process please? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sugaDaddy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2021
Good day, forgive me if this seems to be a silly question. Last year, I was given admission for September intake which I decided to push up for January 2021. Due to financial issues, I couldn't go ahead with the January intake. But (thank God) I finally have the full tuition fee for my Msc course that I intend to be applying for January 2022.

My question is, do I have to go through applying for (the same) course again or I just send them an email stating my interest to study the said course in January?

Btw, the school still has my details. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2021
danex:
Take note I did not say it was gonna be easy I only said it is possible. Trust me I have juggled really difficult things in my life while studying I am not afraid of challenges anymore. "Where there is will there is a way". Let's stay positive guys.

Plus studying in the UK is same whether online or offline. It's just a series of papers, workshops, presentations and seminars. You must be prepared to do a lot of research and writing. If you manage your time properly you can succeed.

Additionally choosing a course of study where you have strength can give you a head start. But choosing a course you know nothing about sets u at a disadvantage already.

Just my 2cents.

Really? Is that a mistake or you are being serious?

Tell me what restriction by Nigerian govt do you face studying online from Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2021
sugaDaddy:
Good day, forgive me if this seems to be a silly question. Last year, I was given admission for September intake which I decided to push up for January 2021. Due to financial issues, I couldn't go ahead with the January intake. But (thank God) I finally have the full tuition fee for my Msc course that I intend to be applying for January 2022.

My question is, do I have to go through applying for (the same) course again or I just send them an email stating my interest to study the said course in January?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by phadriz(m): 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2021
Tolvin:
Hello Guys,
Please I'd like to change my passport number on my TB certificate. Reason because I renewed my passport. How much do I have to pay and what's the process please? Thanks

You don't really need to get new certificate, your new passport has the old passport number stated on it. But if you feel like getting new certificate it's N8,500 just visit IOM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ritzzybaron: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
Genius! This is a brilliant idea, will do as advised.... Thanks Obi cheesy
obisdupsy:

For fast booking with IOM, attach your passport data page with any of your admission letter from school, send to their email. Call their number within 8:30-9:00 am easiest time For them to pick, they will reschedule you fir the next day. I did that and it worked for me. Try it.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ritzzybaron: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2021
Yes, got it. Thank you for the information.
Patnuel2015:
Everybody pays that standard amount 348 pounds. Then on the tls site, if you want your application to be processed in 5 days you will have to pay priority which is 220 pounds.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ritzzybaron: 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2021
It depends on the course too.
Try York St John University or University of Cumbria.
Oyesquare10:

Can you share the names of the schools here please.
I will really appreciate it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Baysbabe: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2021
No update yet for September 22 TLS Ikeja o. If impatience were a person!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Baysbabe: 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
misskenny2284:
22nd Sept ikeja Priority, any update yet?

No update yet. Family of 5. Priority. Hoping it’ll come out early this week of Oct 4.

I learnt that someone who did on the 15th collected 2-3 days ago, but then it may not follow o...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2021
Bros Haha. Abuja ke. Just send them mail. Tell them the possible date you desire to come. They will give you a date around that day. Ii sent them mail that I won't make it last week that I will be in Lagos by 4th October and that the should book me any from that 4th. Two days later, I received a mail and was booked for 5th October. Tell them when you need and they will book you.
EmeeNaka:
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2021
About #8,000
Tolvin:
Hello Guys,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2021
If you had difer the admission when they made you and offer, you can go ahead to fulfill other requirements and request for your CAS. However, if you did not respond to their offer then, you will have to apply for January intake .

sugaDaddy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.