Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1250756 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2021
Rollitout:

Please what is the step by step process of applying for uk visa?
I don't want to use an agent.

Read first page of this thread

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 10:38am On Oct 10, 2021
DrKhalifa276:
Hello, good morning

Please can anyone help, is there a provision to change the UK address on the TB Test certificate. A wrong address was filled and it was printed on the certificate?

Please help!
Thank you

You don’t need the address eventually. I would say didn’t waste money

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by opiumpuppy: 10:44am On Oct 10, 2021
Hi guys, please I have a question that needs urgent answers.

How possible is it to get a UK student visa if my application includes my 4yrs old son? I am a single parent who is never married to his mother and I basically have been his sole guardian since he was 7months old.

Or should I go first and work for him to join later?

Kindly assist.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 10:47am On Oct 10, 2021
steadyMoving22:

just give a detail explanation of all u just said, u can attach the previous passport details if u have got it still.Good luck.

I still have the passport,thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2021
cutelekush01:
Hello Everyone,

I was denied UK visiting Visa when I was just 15, it was during the era of old passport before the Ecowas passport . The reason for denial was catchment area(I lived in Ibadan but applied in Abuja with my father). I was told by my dad but he can’t find the refusal letter anymore because it was 18 years ago.
I will be applying for student visa by December.

1) Do I need to state that I was denied despite that I was just 15? I wasn’t even aware then
2) Can they still have the info on the old passport since we now use e passport?
Please I will be glad if the gurus in the house can help with my question. Thank you.

@justwise I need your candid advice on this. Thank You.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by baerz(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2021
justwise:

1. You have two choices here..

a. maintain your previous lies until you get caught OR

b. come out clean and face whichever consequences that comes with it, after that you have nothing else to hide

2. Most likely.

Thank you for your kind response.

Choosing option B, do I have to state everything during the visa interview or while filling, I will state single on the application.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by themsure: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2021
Good morning house, please is anyone going to Cranfield University or already there I will like to get answers to the following questions please:
1. How much is the minimum deposit for Cranfied uni?
2. Can the remaining tuition be paid in installment?
3. Do they give discount or any major scholarship?
Please it’s urgent as I am about to apply? Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alexisHazel: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2021
Gigli:

It can be in Naiin Nigerian bank

Thank you for the information
I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Iamkoolkay: 11:44am On Oct 10, 2021
@justwise
Does adding siblings as dependents affect my student visa chances?
Kindly advise house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 11:50am On Oct 10, 2021
Similar to my situation and therefore interested in the answers that would be given.

cutelekush01:
Hello Everyone,

I was denied UK visiting Visa when I was just 15, it was during the era of old passport before the Ecowas passport . The reason for denial was catchment area(I lived in Ibadan but applied in Abuja with my father). I was told by my dad but he can’t find the refusal letter anymore because it was 18 years ago.

1) Do I need to state that I was denied despite that I was just 15? I wasn’t even aware then
2) Can they still have the info on the old passport since we now use e passport?
Please I will be glad if the gurus in the house can help with my question. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2021
Cc

Justwise
Babababy
Scobby

For someone who sincerely and genuinely cannot remember the true outcome of his visit visa application to the UK for more than 12 years ago, what is the best way to handle this during visa application?

Note that he used an agent to apply and therefore didn't get any refusal letter from the agent.

Please, no insult.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AyoPrudence(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
Emurate6315:
Wow, that was fast. What course did you apply for?

What proof for English is required and which did you submit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by KillBill2: 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=hustla post=106602404]

Nawa o

Why would i want to submit personal chats to someone to prove marriage when court documents and wedding pictures are there

[/

@ Hustla, sometimes it’s best to say nothing if you can’t offer any advice. The OP asked a question that didn’t deserve a snarky comment.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 12:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=KillBill2 post=106610837][/quote]

I believe you ignored the "I" there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
Yes state the refusal.

Say you were denied as a minor 18 years ago and father doesn't have the refusal letter any longer. They will look it up but doesn't affect your application in any way

cutelekush01:
Hello Everyone,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bolagabriella: 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
Star19:

Thank you for your response but my issue is not even with the affidavit.
I was at my bank yesterday & the customer rep I met asked to get an affidavit & newspaper publication of change of name.
This is very strange to me because it is not like I’m changing my name or I want to stop bearing my middle name. I just want the middle name removed so that the name on my bvn can correspond with the rest of my documents. I plan on going to my branch on Monday to see if they will accept just the affidavit.
Oh ok. What bank do you use?
I use gt sha.
I pray it works for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by KillBill2: 12:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
SirWellington:
Good day all,

Are these documents enough evidence as proof of genuine and subsisting relationship (marriage) with regards to tier 4 dependant visa:

1. Marriage certificate (just recently)
2.Wedding pictures (Court wedding) and recent pictures taken alone as a couple and with extended family members.
3. WhatsApp chats from August last year till date.
4. Facebook chats from 2014,2015,2016, 2018and 2019
5. Joint account opened in 2015
6. Chats with father in law with regards to traditional marriage rites done in Absentia (July this year)
7. Several Screen shots of video calls lasting up to 2hours.

Will the above mentioned be enough? Your advise is swiftly needed. Thank you all.

Hi,
Tier 4 dependent visa applications are pretty straight forward if it’s a normal application. However, seeing as you had this wedding in absentia, the onus is on you to prove that your marriage is subsisting. This means that you need more than a marriage certificate to prove your relationship is genuine.

The niggling question is why was your marriage done in absentia? You don’t have to answer if it’s personal but remember if you provide more information, someone who’s been through this route could give you a better advice.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by asadex004: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=phadriz post=106605590][/quote]
Thank you very much, I really appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
Bourne007:
Yes state the refusal.

Say you were denied as a minor 18 years ago and father doesn't have the refusal letter any longer. They will look it up but doesn't affect your application in any way

@Bourne007 thank you for your response.
What do you mean by it doesn’t affect my application anyways? My father just sent me the old passport some minutes ago but he can’t find the letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newwoman: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Congratulations to those who just arrived UK. Please I would like to know if you booked for pre departure covid 19 test for your kids below 14years. And also the day 2 and 8 test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by solalal36(m): 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
Omishor2020:

Please how did you go about the scholarships. I just applied to the school. Please assist
It's automatic. You don't apply

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2021
centuryman:
Cc

Justwise
Babababy
Scobby

For someone who sincerely and genuinely cannot remember the true outcome of his visit visa application to the UK for more than 12 years ago, what is the best way to handle this during visa application?

Note that he used an agent to apply and therefore didn't get any refusal letter from the agent.

Please, no insult.

You can request your immigration history from UKVI, one month is stated as the time frame for getting the information to you but it might come sooner .

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samueltin: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hello Guys! A quick one please, I had my biometric on 30th of September for a dependent visa of a tier 4 (general) student, I called the UKVI on Friday, and I was told decision has been made and should wait for my Passport from TLS. I am kind of Nervous though... Though I have a UK tier4 travelling history as well.

Secondly, A particular question on my visa application asked how long was I in the UK for? I typed in 26 months! From my calculation later on, I realized it was 25 months 28 days!!!

Could that be an issue? Every other documents are 100% genuine and intact.

I look forward to your genuine input @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Samadhii(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
pinkasso:
Use Dante labs....
Hello, did you use Dante? Did you encounter any problem with them? I want to get your review before using their service. Also, which lab did you get tested in Nigeria and the cost.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ijeshaprincess: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
opiumpuppy:
Hi guys, please I have a question that needs urgent answers.

How possible is it to get a UK student visa if my application includes my 4yrs old son? I am a single parent who is never married to his mother and I basically have been his sole guardian since he was 7months old.

Or should I go first and work for him to join later?

Kindly assist.

I would advice that you go alone for now. Child care in the UK is quite expensive and their rules are different from ours. Here you can get a neighbour to help you keep an eye on your child while you go to the market, that's almost impossible over there. And you can't leave your child alone at home not even for 30 minutes! A 4 year old will most likely only be allowed 9am-12noon 0r 12noon-3pm in school, except if their rules have changed which I doubt.
For those going as a couple, its only slightly better because your partner can work night shift, not a 9am - 5pm job. As someone has to be available to take and pick the young kids at 9am and pick at 3pm.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SirWellington(m): 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
KillBill2:

Hi,
Tier 4 dependent visa applications are pretty straight forward if it’s a normal application. However, seeing as you had this wedding in absentia, the onus is on you to prove that your marriage is subsisting. This means that you need more than a marriage certificate to prove your relationship is genuine.

The niggling question is why was your marriage done in absentia? You don’t have to answer if it’s personal but remember if you provide more information, someone who’s been through this route could give you a better advice.

Thanks for your well articulated response, well, only the traditional rites were done in absentia (which isn't abnormal), reason being that we aren't both in Nigeria. As for the court wedding, we will be present. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SirWellington(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=KillBill2 post=106610837][/quote]

That's why I didn't respond to him further, there was really no point.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
Newwoman:
Congratulations to those who just arrived UK. Please I would like to know if you booked for pre departure covid 19 test for your kids below 14years. And also the day 2 and 8 test

The rules have changed a bit, New set of rules would start tomorrow . Your kids below 14 would not be required to take a pre departure test from Tomorrow and would only have to pay for day 2 test, with no quarantine mandate as well. For the Parents, you would need to have been fully vaccinated with your second shot taken at least 14 days before your travel date to be qualify for same .

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newwoman: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jyde81: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
Happy Sunday House. Please I need someone in the house who have been through my situation to explain how it all ended.....

1) Application of myself and spouse was September 18th 2021(Priority)

2) Biometrics was Wednesday 22nd September 2921 at TLS Ikeja Lagos. (I paid N42k for walk-in whilst my wife had appointment for that date)

3) Ist NSF mail received on Monday 27th Sept

4) 2nd NSF mail received on Monday 4th Oct. Also received a call and a mail on this date for Video Interview for the next day Tuesday 5th October 2021

5) Did the Video interview on Tuesday 5th Oct which centered on my previous three refusals in the past of which two of them was in 2003 and the last one was February 2016. They also asked about my 13 year educational gap between B.SC and intending M.Sc, why I want the course of study and the school of study and why U.K. I answered all the questions well and convincingly as I was thoroughly prepped.

Since that Tuesday which was 5 days I have not heard anything from UKVI nor received any mail.

My question is how long from Video interview does it take to make a decision as I am over stressed already considering my priority visa application has been running for about three weeks now. Anybody with similar prior experience will suffice.....Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2021
May Jehovah continue to bless you richly. Thank you for your selfless help.

This has been giving me and my family sleepless nights and make us worry a lot.

Thank you a billion times

Babababy:

You can request your immigration history from UKVI, one month is stated as the time frame for getting the information to you but it might come sooner .

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/requests-for-personal-data-uk-visas-and-immigration/request-personal-information-held-by-uk-visas-and-immigration

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
TundeChris:

Hi, If you can, go to waec office they would issue you another certificate(attestation) in place of the original you no longer have. You will be charged for it though.
Hi, bro. How are you doing? I want to ask for your opinion on something.

I got an unconditional offer from my UNI, I presented a copy of my WAEC (I can't find the original), they confirmed it with the scratch card and all ... However now I got my CAS and on my CAS, under the "Documents used to prove qualifications", Bsc and Waec which they confirmed were ratified.

My fear now is that applying for VISA, would it not be a problem if it is only the copy I would be submitting? I am nervous about this. Should I get a letter from my secondary school and a court affidavit? Would it fly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.