Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1253487 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by gali111: 2:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Horpemih:
Just seeing this,the school sent the account details and I used that at the bank

Pls the pof how s it done? do u upload it online with other documents while filling the form before booking an appointment? or you take a physical copy? pls someone help me answer this. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alabi31(m): 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
barons68:
Please is there anyone going to university of west England, Bristol for January intake ?

Yea we dey together
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ijeshaprincess: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2021
badlands:

any idea of the process for obtaining this international drivers license??

You will not be allowed to drive in the UK with your Nigerian Driver's License at all. Hence the need for the International Driver's License. The International Driver's License allows you to drive in the UK for one year but at a higher Insurance rate(e.g if normal rate is 40 pounds, you will pay around 100 pounds).
You will need 2 passport photograph, your personal details, name of country where its to be used and 17k Naira. It may not cost that much in Lagos as I was given this information at the Licensing office of where I am domiciled and was informed that it will be sent to Lagos. And will be ready for collection in 1 week.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by gali111: 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
ls the pof how s it done? do u upload it online with other documents while filling the form before booking an appointment? or you take a physical copy? pls someone help me answer this. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Folabifreeman(m): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Glauben:

Please clarify the bolded. Tuition fee is 12,450 with a 1,000 scholarship. How much will be paid to receive CAS? When is the balance due? Installment plans for balance? Is POF a requirement for CAS?

Just trying to get the correct info to make a decision on applying or not.

Thanks.

12450-1000= 11,450 will be paid

just got my eligibility to study in UK form. More like pre-CAS questionnaire
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 3:28pm On Oct 18, 2021
Any person with a valid driving licence issued in their country of origin is permitted to drive in the United Kingdom for at least 12 months.

You actually don't need to process International driver's licence to drive in the UK. Just the Naija driving licence is enough.

ijeshaprincess:

You will not be allowed to drive in the UK with your Nigerian Driver's License at all. Hence the need for the International Driver's License. The International Driver's License allows you to drive in the UK for one year but at a higher Insurance rate(e.g if normal rate is 40 pounds, you will pay around 100 pounds).
You will need 2 passport photograph, your personal details, name of country where its to be used and 17k Naira. It may not cost that much in Lagos as I was given this information at the Licensing office of where I am domiciled and was informed that it will be sent to Lagos. And will be ready for collection in 1 week.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bashycute: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
amazingtee:

good day,please i will also like to have the email too so as to request for the account number to pay into.

Yes.
I sent a mail to the Nigerian office and they sent the details to me. I can send it to you via email if you don't mind. I am finding it difficult attaching it here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Omishor2020(m): 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
Anyone knows how long it takes to receive admission into the University of Chester. I submitted application just now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 3:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Exoticmm:

I see your point but this would only make the thread too hard to read and unnecessarily long.
No matter how much people state their payment plans, people would still ask. Very counterproductive.

The thread is mainly for Visa application issues not for making a school choice. What you are requesting for will derail the objectives of the thread.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chidinwa(m): 3:44pm On Oct 18, 2021
Good day everyone!
Please is it advisable to use my microfinance bank statement as POF for my student visa process?
Someone please help so I don’t make any mistake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pipe(m): 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
badlands:

any idea of the process for obtaining this international drivers license??

Your Nigerian license is an international license and can be used for one year. But i also advice you to enroll with a tutor so you can also pass their driving test to enable get their license.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bourne007:
You are being 'specific' on University for May intake yet you can't just 'research' by going straight to https://www.hull.ac.uk/ undecided

Thank you sha �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Glauben: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
Folabifreeman:

12450-1000= 11,450 will be paid

just got my eligibility to study in UK form. More like pre-CAS questionnaire

Thank you. Cheaper tuition but the downside is having to pay upfront. What course did you apply for and how long before you were given admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Coolcube: 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jyde81:
Visa Alert! Visa Alert!! Visa Alert!!!

UK Tier 4 Visa Application - 18th September 2021(Priority). I am the main applicant and my wife is the dependent.

Course of study- M.Sc in Information Technology and Network Management at Robert Gordon University at Aberdeen, Scotland

Biometrics - Wednesday 22nd September 2021 at Ikeja TLS for myself and my wife. My wife had appointment but I did walk-in as I can’t wait till 24th September because school has resumed since 13th September and my own biometrics was meant to be 24th September.

Monday 27th September 2021 - Received first NSF Mail

Monday 4th October 2021 - Received 2nd NSF mail. Shortly after I received a call and an email from UKVI for a video interview slated for the following day 5th October for 9:30am. ( At this stage we have disposed of most of our things at home and we’re practically sleeping on the floor. Imagine the tensions that were already creeping into our mind and lives?)

Tuesday 5th October 2021 - Video interview commenced as scheduled and lasted for about 1 hour. Questions asked ranges from reasons for my previous three visa refusals from 2003(two refusals) and 2016(one). The also asked reasons for the 13 year educational gap between B. Sc (2008) and intending M.Sc(2021) and what I have been doing in-between those years. They asked other others ranging from why I wanted to study IT, why I chose Robert Gordon Uni, what myself and wife were doing for a living amongst other sundry questions then the interview ended.

Monday 11th October 2021 - Wife’s profile moved to VAC and later that day a pickup mail was delivered .

Tuesday 12th October 2021- My profile moved to VAC and a pickup mail was sent later that day.

We both travelled to Lagos on Friday to pick up our passport with our visa inside.

It was a torrid journey which started in May 2021 and had a lot of delays from my university(Olabisi Onabanjo University) failing to process my transcripts on time to RGU first offering me a pre-masters which I rejected to the real masters admission coming out late on the 1st of September 2021. What about having to go to the Ikoyi registry to correct numerous errors on our wedding certificate which they made three times? The numerous near accidents on the Lagos/Ibadan expressway amongst others.

In all these we thank the good lord that the whole project was successful at the end.

Congratulations bro. I have got RGU January Offer for a similar course. Hopefully, we go hook up next year. Processing my CAS.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olarichards: 3:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Good day , Please i really help in finding a shared flat here in bristol .... Help a brother anyone.. thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
Amazoner01:
I paid deposit to Hertfordshire using form A (uba).. money had been deducted since Thursday however the school hasn’t send a receipt until now.
Pls house, Does it take lot of days for the money to reflect? Thanks

I doubt it will take day

Obtain a telex copy from your bank and email it to your school

Speeds up the confirmation process

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
Babababy:
From 24 October fully vaccinated passengers and most under 18s arriving in England from countries not on the red list can take a cheaper lateral flow test, instead of a PCR test, on or before Day 2 of their arrival into the UK. These can be booked from 22 October
Change will come into effect for those returning from half term breaks with lateral flow tests available to book through private providers listed on gov.uk
Passengers must upload a photo of their test to verify results as soon as possible, with free confirmatory NHS PCRs for any positive cases
Eligible fully vaccinated passengers arriving in England from countries not on the red list can take a lateral flow test on or before day 2 of their arrival from October 24, rather than PCR tests – cutting the cost of tests in time for travellers returning from half term breaks. These can be booked from 22 October.

Eligible travellers will be able to order cheaper lateral flow tests from private testing providers as an alternative to a PCR, offering faster results. The list of approved private providers will go live on GOV.UK on the 22nd October.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/lateral-flow-tests-to-be-introduced-for-vaccinated-international-arrivals?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=bb311050-383a-47b8-a663-4932dca49f42&utm_content=immediately
I am traveling tomorrow do I need to book day 2 test for my 3 kids aged under 18?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ijeshaprincess: 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bourne007:
Any person with a valid driving licence issued in their country of origin is permitted to drive in the United Kingdom for at least 12 months.

You actually don't need to process International driver's licence to drive in the UK. Just the Naija driving licence is enough.

I just checked and you are right! Thank God i have'nt paid yet! Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Okchuks: 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
Glauben:

Thank you. Cheaper tuition but the downside is having to pay upfront. What course did you apply for and how long before you were given admission?

Where did you get the information about having to pay the whole fees upfront?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by gali111: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2021
Somebody help me out pleaseeeeee....
Pls the pof how s it done? do u upload it online with other documents while filling the form before booking an appointment? or you take a physical copy? pls someone help me answer this. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
hustla:

I doubt it will take day

Obtain a telex copy from your bank and email it to your school

Speeds up the confirmation process
Okay I will do that tomorrow. Thanks
Is telex copy same as the duplicate I was given at the bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
Amazoner01:

Okay I will do that tomorrow. Thanks
Is telex copy same as the duplicate I was given at the bank?

I don't know which you were given at the bank

It mainly contains some info like sorting code, account to which it went, branch etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
You are welcome sha wink

Yemi2017:

Thank you sha �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
hustla:

I don't know which you were given at the bank

It mainly contains some info like sorting code, account to which it went, branch etc

What I have is the form A duplicate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
Amazoner01:

What I have is the form A duplicate

No

Email them and ask for telex copy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Folabifreeman(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2021
Glauben:

It took less or about a week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by JenKendall: 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
Anyone going to the University of Hertfordshire in January 2022? Masters of Business Administration (MBA) to be precise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Thanks bro
hustla:

No

Email them and ask for telex copy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
JenKendall:
Anyone going to the University of Hertfordshire in January 2022? Masters of Business Administration (MBA) to be precise.
My wife Hertfordshire but not same course as yours
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by VickayThrills: 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2021
ijeshaprincess:

This is not true.
If you have a Nigeria driver's license, you can use it to drive for a year before getting one in UK.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by joyonyiyechi123(f): 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2021
I am going for a health course and I work in a hospital, the hospital is ready to offer me sponsorship letter do you think Teesside will accept?

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.