Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1254775 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Keralis: 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2021
lawali:

If you are referring to day 2 test, she used Expert Medical (£28). Their delivery after ordering is fast (btw 2-4 working days) but the result took about 4 days.

I will advise you book early, get it waiting at your address b4 your arrival, take the test immediately you get to the destination and drop at post office (you are allowed to take day 2 test anytime b4 2nd day of arrival). With that you can get your result around your 4th day of arrival.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by goldendollars(f): 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
bali233:

3000pounds deposit and POF before CAS. then 50% of the remaining money at enrollment, then the rest to be paid in 3 months. Cost of living is relatively cheap.

What about jobs availability?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richystar4: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
Activate VPN , it helps me access it easily.

stanleylux:
Recently got admitted to teesside University and I have paid my tuition fee but currently I can't access the school portal with my username ID and password..
Pls is there any one that got admitted to teesside University having same issue because I'm worried
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by EmeeNaka: 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
Chidinmuba7:

All these schools are September intake. Please I want January
check Swansea University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by EmeeNaka: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
Chidinmuba7:

Ok let me cut off the pre-interview.
A school that is fast because of the time frame and first deposit between £2000 to £3000
check Swansea University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by stanleylux: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Richystar4:
Activate VPN , it helps me access it easily.

I still have same problem even with the VPN

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by stanleylux: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
Recently got admitted to teesside University and I have paid my tuition fee but currently I can't access the school portal with my username ID and password..
Pls is there any one that got admitted to teesside University having same issue because I'm worried

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by phadriz(m): 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
ocpaschal:
so banks actually freeze people's account if a large sum of money is transferred into it... It sounds weird though, this makes things difficult for the self-sponsored. I really hope this solution (ID, Utility bill etc) is applicable to all banks.
Valid ID and utility is applicable to all banks, most account that witness this are opened with invalid ID like student's ID card. Fidelity bank usually do this to all their savings accounts even when opened with valid ID card.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
phadriz:

Valid ID and utility is applicable to all banks, most account that witness this are opened with invalid ID like student's ID card. Fidelity bank usually do this to all their savings accounts even when opened with valid ID card.
OK, it's true. I remember trying to open a Gtbank acct last month, only to discover that I once registered with them during my undergraduate years with a student ID. So I was simply told to Update my Account and ID because it later got restricted while trying to get Atm card.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
goldendollars:

Please do u know if Chester does Pre CAS interview before issuing CAS?
I don't think so... My bro never did any pre-CAS interview.. He only sent POF to Chester Uni, and they later sent his CAS (took time though because it was very close to resumption date and they were occupied with many applicants)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
baerz:

Yes they accept 3rd class on some courses
pls can u give examples of those courses that Huddersfield offer for 3rd class
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kaydk:
Hull Uni, Teeside, Bradford, uni of Gloucestershire, Newcastle University, uni of Wolverhampto, Nottingham trent, Aston, Birmingham City University, University of Essex t
thanks bro, which of the UK universities doesn't offer pre-CAS interview ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
ocpaschal:
thanks bro, which of the UK universities doesn't offer pre-CAS interview ?
university of Bradford always do pre-cas interview before issuing CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rollitout: 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
stanleylux:

Clear cache from your browser
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lawali: 9:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
ocpaschal:
how long does it take for anyone that newly arrived in UK to get this Biometric Resident Permit (BRP) ? Is it true that it is only after 10 working days? My brother arrived at Manchester by 19th October and still hasn't gotten his BRP? What could be the cause of the delay pls?

There was a general delay recently due to numbers of BRP to be attended to. A mail was sent that individual do not need to bother to check for next 4 weeks. So, previous mentioned 10 days after arrival no longer matter. The mail was clear enough and addressed all what you need BRP for (work, house, etc) can be done presenting the mail.

He can check back again anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by goldendollars(f): 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
Chidinmuba7:
Please as anyone heard from University of Northampton?
It's been a month I made my application yet nothing from them.
Also University of Northampton and University of West England which is better via jobs

I applied there since last month too and I haven’t heard anything from them. I have someone who is currently there at University of Northampton.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tsignatures: 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
lawali:

There was a general delay recently due to numbers of BRP to be attended to. A mail was sent that individual do not need to bother to check for next 4 weeks. So, previous mentioned 10 days after arrival no longer matter. The mail was clear enough and addressed all what you need BRP for (work, house, etc) can be done presenting the mail.

He can check back again anytime.
Tsignatures:
Good day everyone,i am presently awaiting admission from 2 schools,please i have a deep concern,in 2007,myself,my sister and mum were all denied UK study visa,bt as a child then i didn't know the reason for denial,we don't have the refusal letter, the man that processed the Visa for us is no more,and i don't have any information on that refusal,please how do i go about it in my next visa application,
PS:IM APPLYING WITH 2 DEPENDANTS
i also want to know if we will pay just ONE Visa fee or we will Pay individually

PLEASE HELP A SOUL���
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by goldendollars(f): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
ocpaschal:
I don't think so... My bro never did any pre-CAS interview.. He only sent POF to Chester Uni, and they later sent his CAS (took time though because it was very close to resumption date and they were occupied with many applicants)

Ok thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by goldendollars(f): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
Smartgirl22:

Send the school an email stating that you want to defer giving a reason. Also state when you want it deferred to. You can’t defer more than a year though.

Ok noted. Thanks so much�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lawali: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dramadiddy:
calling the UK goes through on Skype, you should try that

Thanks. I did but the answering machine keeps terminating the call after selecting some options. I was lucky to get a staff b4 5pm but who couldn’t solve the problem. I will call back again tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by agbajekitson: 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
I am facing the same problem also. It worries me because I am going to pay my tuition tomorrow. You said you've paid your tuition and you also got this result, must be a general problem I guess. I hope it goes back to normal latest tomorrow morning
stanleylux:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zube01(m): 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
When paying for my visa application and ihs. Can I pay on the 15 or 10th day of my pof day? When is the best time to pay for Visa application ihs and priority pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
I got admission too at University of Huddesrfield but i'm yet to pay my initial tuition deposit. As for CAS, i think it takes about 3 weeks to be issued going by the information i got from people

xclusive0994:
Hello Everyone , Is there any Huddersfield University International Student in the house? If Yes how long does the school takes to issue its CAS?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Hadassahdia: 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
Hadassahdia:
I recently applied to Portsmouth university but waiting for a reply for them but I noticed nobody has mentioned anything about the school here , please who has any information about the school, how long does it take for them to get back to an application
pls who has an idea
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by shola0505: 11:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
cdieli:
Coming to Scotland (Glasgow or Paisley), to be exact. I arrived with my family 23rd of September. It was not easy settling down, thanks to a beautiful Nigerian family I met here on Nairaland. They have never met me. However, they took the risk to stand as a guarantor for a three-bedroom flat. It's been God all the way. Please feel free to ask me a question of gratitude to this forum in my own little way.

Pls how much can one rent an accomodation of a room and parlor apartment in Glasgow?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Lindakam: 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2021
Pay when it matures.

zube01:
When paying for my visa application and ihs. Can I pay on the 15 or 10th day of my pof day? When is the best time to pay for Visa application ihs and priority pls.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AOI2016: 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
I will advice you try again tomorrow,I try to access my portal too after I saw your post,I can't access it too.
stanleylux:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Funky88: 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
cdieli:
I have replied your mail

Thank you so much.God bless you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Keralis: 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
lawali:

If you are referring to day 2 test, she used Expert Medical (£28). Their delivery after ordering is fast (btw 2-4 working days) but the result took about 4 days.

I will advise you book early, get it waiting at your address b4 your arrival, take the test immediately you get to the destination and drop at post office (you are allowed to take day 2 test anytime b4 2nd day of arrival). With that you can get your result around your 4th day of arrival.

Thank you.
Please can you reconfirm if a 17 year old needs a pre departure test and day 2 & 8 pcr arrival tests or just day 2 test alone .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dramadiddy(m): 11:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
lawali:

Thanks. I did but the answering machine keeps terminating the call after selecting some options. I was lucky to get a staff b4 5pm but who couldn’t solve the problem. I will call back again tomorrow.
they’re available 24hrs from Monday to Friday so try tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dat1989girl(f): 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2021
Good evening house,i just stumble on this thread.please pardon my question cos i ought to read as far back as i should to be properly grounded on this. I intend to started my application as soon as now. Is there any remote chance that i can meet up with January calendar. If yes what school(s)would be my best option giving the short frame.

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.