Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1262978 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dagorobeto: 4:45am On Nov 14, 2021
Please everyone, my passport expires on the first week of July 2023, while my course ends last week of July, same year. Should I get a new passport before applying for visa? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Djalexadr12: 4:48am On Nov 14, 2021
Please gurus in the house. Pls I need urgent answers to this. My younger sister who’s 14years just gained offer into a uk college. But what we need to know is if the maintenance and tuition fees which has to be in my mom’s account (sponsor) for 28 days can she still be withdrawing from the account during this period. Or she has to leave the account untouched until after 28 days? Or what’s the right way to do this. Or is it better to transfer it to a different account and leave it untouched for the 28 days.? We are just confused pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Djalexadr12: 4:51am On Nov 14, 2021
Dagorobeto:
Please everyone, my passport expires on the first week of July 2023, while my course ends last week of July, same year. Should I get a new passport before applying for visa? Thanks.

From my best of knowledge you only need to have at least 6 months left on your passport to travel. So you can still get a new passport when you get to the uk.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kels4real: 4:59am On Nov 14, 2021
Let the money be in her mom's account and you can be doing daily transaction on the account so far the exact amount needed for her tuition fee and maintenance didnt reduce ( I mean if the total fund she need is 10m, don't let the 10m decrease with 1naira)
Djalexadr12:
Please gurus in the house. Pls I need urgent answers to this. My younger sister who’s 14years just gained offer into a uk college. But what we need to know is if the maintenance and tuition fees which has to be in my mom’s account (sponsor) for 28 days can she still be withdrawing from the account during this period. Or she has to leave the account untouched until after 28 days? Or what’s the right way to do this. Or is it better to transfer it to a different account and leave it untouched for the 28 days.? We are just confused pls

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DEMMSSHERIFAT(f): 5:34am On Nov 14, 2021
yes that is correct , but it delay
Djalexadr12:

From my best of knowledge you only need to have at least 6 months left on your passport to travel. So you can still get a new passport when you get to the uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DEMMSSHERIFAT(f): 5:40am On Nov 14, 2021
na so now
goryorhal:

Baba u sef dey go middlesex ?

Abeg u go drop ur number make we talk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DEMMSSHERIFAT(f): 5:42am On Nov 14, 2021
the funniest part is some people don't know how to communicate to schools with emails
justwise:

Only the school you want to apply to can answer this question, send email to them about requirements for the course of your interest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Btm1: 5:55am On Nov 14, 2021
I just got this informative link here. I have an offer already outside London & would be paying my fee this coming week. I have a few qtns to be answered PLEASE:
1. What exchange rate do I use to calculate the naira equivalent of POF (CBN rate or aboki rate)
2. I wish to apply with my pregnant wife and she will be due for delivery in less than 3months to the start of my program.
2(a)Will the pregnancy not affect her visa?
2(b)How much do I need as POF for her being pregnant?
2(c) how much will I pay for her IHS.
2(d) will I pay IHS for my child on arrival?
2(e) Will we be allowed to stay in a single room shared apartment till she gives birth?
2(f)Can both of us use PRIORITY visa application?
Thank you guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 6:07am On Nov 14, 2021
Btm1:
I just got this informative link here. I have an offer already outside London & would be paying my fee this coming week. I have a few qtns to be answered PLEASE:
1. What exchange rate do I use to calculate the naira equivalent of POF (CBN rate or aboki rate)
2. I wish to apply with my pregnant wife and she will be due for delivery in less than 3months to the start of my program.
2(a)Will the pregnancy not affect her visa?
2(b)How much do I need as POF for her being pregnant?
2(c) how much will I pay for her IHS.
2(d) will I pay IHS for my child on arrival?
2(e) Will we be allowed to stay in a single room shared apartment till she gives birth?
2(f)Can both of us use PRIORITY visa application?
Thank you guys.

All the answers to your questions are in page one of this thread, so endeavor to read page one of the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Djalexadr12: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2021
DEMMSSHERIFAT:
yes that is correct , but it delay

If it’s in the uk it doesn’t delay because I recently did mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Star19: 6:32am On Nov 14, 2021
Kels4real:
Let the money be in her mom's account and you can be doing daily transaction on the account so far the exact amount needed for her tuition fee and maintenance didnt reduce ( I mean if the total fund she need is 10m, don't let the 10m decrease with 1naira)

I also have a question on POF.
My sister who is my sponsor has transferred the required money into my domiciliary account and I’ve already started counting my 28 days. My concern now is that no other transaction has been done on the account since it was opened apart from the transfer she made into the account.
I read where someone was talking about carrying out transactions on an account before printing your statement. if I should go with this advice and carry out any transaction, the required funds might reduce. Please I need clarification on this as there has been conflicting opinions. Some are of the opinion that money cannot just be transferred into your account without any further activity in that account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Djalexadr12: 6:34am On Nov 14, 2021
Kels4real:

Thank you for the information.

Secondly you know any info on what’s involved for guardianship in the uk as she’s under 18?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by joideviv(m): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2021
cutelekush01:

@CBN rate or Bank rate? Please I will be glad to hear from you ASAP.

It's a domiciliary account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Trendy0090: 6:45am On Nov 14, 2021
Good morning please my friend needs a concrete advise here. He did his masters at lasu and bsc at uni jos. Now he intends to enrol for his masters degree but he doesnot want to include in his application or CV that he has done masters before, now the question is can he use his lecturers at lasu where he did his masters as his academic reference
Hope they won't ask him that why didn't the letterhead of his academic reference carry the bsc where he finished
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Welcomme: 7:09am On Nov 14, 2021
Bnaira7:
Lovely I have been getting sleepless night, worries and anxiety about this stuff. Thanks guys opinions are welcomed.

The best
Don't recreate anything. Tell the school you want to apply for local transcript, get a lecturer in another university close to you, give them the name of the school, beg the lecturer to intercept it for you when it get to the university/department, then you collect it. It is better that way. Recreating it might be termed forgery and seriously, you would be surprised the way these guys would find out... Just to be safe, I am doing mine that way. Try it out, too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by goryorhal(m): 7:13am On Nov 14, 2021
DEMMSSHERIFAT:
na so now

Hmmm ..

U sef dey roll go that side
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 7:23am On Nov 14, 2021
joideviv:

It's a domiciliary account

Okay, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by solarenergy: 7:38am On Nov 14, 2021
Farida93:
Good evening,
Is it true that UBA asks for an invoice from the school before processing Form A for payment of deposit?

Yes they do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ProfBinary: 7:47am On Nov 14, 2021
Pls which uk address did you fill for iom test. Is it the school address or personal address.
I hoping to come to ENU too

Ugool:
Congratulations

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ojexin(m): 8:05am On Nov 14, 2021
Good morning house,

A quick one please

Can I apply for admission without my international passport.... it's not out yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by adex05: 8:15am On Nov 14, 2021
Experience peps in the house please kindly assist to confirm if 20m is enough for POF I have three dependants.
I did calculation from info gathered in page one and got 17m.
I just need to know if I'm correct and on the right track as I want to start POF tomorrow.

Thanks.(my self and 3 dependants total 4)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugool: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2021
The school address

ProfBinary:
Pls which uk address did you fill for iom test. Is it the school address or personal address.
I hoping to come to ENU too

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Welcomme: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2021
BAMADE2021:
You are free to go. Your result is exceptionally good. In order to avoid questions such as why are you going for a second master's. Don't declare your MSC in your application. I also have an MBA, but I didn't declare it during my application. Prepare a comprehensive Personal statement, CV (Finetune smileyyour CV to match the course specification outcome), and apply to the school you wish, although some schools will still not take HND for the master. But many schools will take u considering your grade and experience (provided you have wide experience in the field of your course). CGU, middle sex, RGU, UWE Bristol, Sheffield Allam, Westminster, Kingston, will accept you without much stress. Also, if schools state 2-1 as their requirement, that is a general requirement, don't worry yourself, they might still consider your application. Just check other clues like RPL - recognition of prior learning. So far the only school that advised me to go for premaster or top-up as an HND holder is ARU. Note: Applications are treated on an individual basis.
Bro, concerning this fine tuning, in my own case, I work with a communication company that partner with the MTN,Glo and Etisalat. I am a CCR there. I intend to apply for an Msc in Logistics and supply chain management, do you advise I change my position on the CV as something like "procurement officer" or "Logistics officer"? Because I also have a study gap. I graduated 2015.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 8:28am On Nov 14, 2021
1. Your tuition fee or balance of it if you've paid deposit, plus

2. Your living maintenance, plus

3. The living maintenance of your dependents (in this case 3)

Add all of these together and you have your POF.

adex05:
Experience peps in the house please kindly assist to confirm if 20m is enough for POF I have three dependants.
I just need to know if I'm correct and on the right track as I want to start POF tomorrow.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by amzienoni: 8:36am On Nov 14, 2021
Ugool:
Please don't try it. You should have funds for yourself and dependants. You don't want to be in a situation where their visas are denied and yours cancelled. Have funds complete for everyone wether you apply together or at different times.

Thank you for your response, but what I want to confirm is, when applying for the dependents to come and join me, what is the minimum required POF that must be shown on the uploaded statement of account, is it just the maintenance for the dependents or it must include my own maintenance and the balance of my tuition, which is the amount it would have been if I had applied for all of us to go together. @justwise and other gurus in the house, please I will appreciate your responses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ifunanya84: 8:39am On Nov 14, 2021
Depends on your school fees and the amount you have deposited.

adex05:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by adex05: 8:41am On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=centuryman post=107602320]1. Your tuition fee or balance of it if you've paid deposit, plus

2. Your living maintenance, plus

3. The living maintenance of your dependents (in this case 3)

Add all of these together and you have your POF.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ifunanya84: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2021
ifunanya84:
Depends on your school fees and the amount you have deposited.
Say your fees is 10k n you have paid 3k,
What you calculate is 7k+9207(ur maintenance)+
6120*3=18360(ur dependents) so total is 34567.
Exchange rate now is 549.67 . Say u make it 560*34567 = 19.4 approximately. So calculate using this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by toms55(m): 8:52am On Nov 14, 2021
Anyone attending university of suffolk, ipswich? Who knows about the tow of Ipswich is it a good school ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 14, 2021
em7even:

Send the person your UKVI profile link and the login details, and instruct him/her on what to do to get to the payment window.
Finish.
God bless. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by adex05: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2021
ifunanya84:
6120*3=18360(ur dependents) so total is 34567.
Exchange rate now is 549.67 . Say u make it 560*34567 = 19.4 approximately. So calculate using this.
This explains everything God bless you....

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Igweokolo: 9:13am On Nov 14, 2021
Hi good morning house,
please somebody should help me with the best approach to this movement.
I am already in UK doing my masters in one of the art courses in my school here but I am a science student and I want to apply for admission into nursing science by next admission in take.
should I be applying as international student?
Do I need to come back to Nigeria to apply for visa? (as I have not stayed up to 3 months here)

(1) (2) (3) ... (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.