Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257180 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
bemagnify:

Marriage pictures, videos, evidence of cohabitation, chats, bank statement showing you sent or received money from your spouse.. documents showing both of you own property together... If you have children then provide evidence to that effect....the list is non exhaustive...
i didn't know that couple dependent procedure is this complex
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by elenengine(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
CALL THIS, BUT YOU NEED TO KEEP TRYING, THEY WILL BE HELP YOU WITH THE BOOKING ON PHONE. 08022264059

djsmacker01:
Good afternoon my people.
I'm unable to book appointments for TB test. No available date in lagos. Have tried reaching them through their lines but all abortive. My ogas in the house. Any info?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cyrusmillz: 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
AKALAMAGBO:
Quote whatever to the best of your knowledge, no crime in that. 3K to naira is not too big to transfer, you are good.

Hello, I saw your post about wolverhampton, Please are you required to pay 50% of the tuition fee left after deposit has been made upon arrival
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zangovinchy: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
This post just made my day. Em7even keep reiterating READ READ READ!!!!. And someone will see that as bad advise. Please take your time to read about your choice of school, information about the school, about UKVI rules. If you don't read, these "fake agents" that have flooded this Noble will deceive you.
Who has noticed that for a while now, Scooby, Bourn07, etc have stopped posting or responding. Why? Because of endless repetitive questions.

babyfaze1900:
So I joined the hunt to get uk study visa around September and I realize there are tonnes of information one needs to get things done. I was very lucky to stumble upon this page as I have read from the very first page to the current one and I keep up as many times as possible everyday.

I have gone through the process of finding a school for myself, applying (Mada a mistake _gist later), getting admission, get my CAS, filled my VISA application. All done without asking a single question here. And all information I needed was somehow provided here. Of course with a little bit of Google.

I learnt early on, anything that has to do with a particular school, one should direct the question to the school. You will be surprised the kind of questions people ask their respective schools and the schools are willing to provide answers.

So firstly, people should desist from ask what school to pick. Your best answer can be obtained using Google. Instead of asking about school fees here, check the school's course page. All info of a course and whatnot are on the website. Unless you're lazy, stop asking questions about what school to pick. It's your decision to make.

Secondly, I realize UKVI website has tones of info especially with regards to VISA and your status as an immigrant. And these info are pretty straightforward. Let us learn to read by ourselves.

Now my contribution to this thread will be that when filling your visa application, fill it and check and recheck and recheck and recheck then go to bed, wake up and check again. Just to ensure you have filled the right details. Do these right before you go to IHS page.. Again, learn to read everything you're presented.. I can't stress that enough.. READ!. One wrong detail can be the reason you're denied. Also all the documents you need should be uploaded.

This thread has been a blessing to me and I hope to share updates on my progress subsequently. God bless

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ocpaschal: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Aprokodaughter:

During my time I went through ukeas. I had issues paying for visa and Ihs as well. Someone helped me to pay then and the person did not need to change or add anything to my application. Wonder why your relative tampered with your application.

As for other issues discussed here you can't blame anyone. People keep repeating same questions over and over when people don't respond they become aggressive.

But that shouldn't hold you back when you need to ask important questions.
The person who paid visa on my behalf was based in UK, so I couldn't have known about the BRP collection process, and the third party selected "post office". The person didn't realize that in the CAS letter, there's a BRP collection code that gives the university the permission to collect BRP on your behalf, and i didn't notice this too. Sadly right now, the UK Home Office haven't replied yet by mail despite sending msg to Ukvi through their gov.uk website since last Monday concerning the BRP delay.. 3weeks don pas already..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tundeyolar: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
puranovic:

Please have you finally gotten the CAS from Greenwich after the 61%

Please is there any January 2022 intake here that has gotten cas from university of greenwich recently? Mine is stuck at 61% since last week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tundeyolar: 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please is there any January 2022 intake here that has gotten cas from university of greenwich recently? Mine is stuck at 61% since last week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ifunanya84: 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Personal Travel Allowance.

ocpaschal:
what is PTA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ifunanya84: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
It is Personal Travel Allowance
Raalsalghul:

Private Travel Allowance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zimzee: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hello everyone,
My hubby and kids arrived in the UK over the weekend. And I was just going through their passports visa page, I discovered they wrote "No work, no engaging in business , Register with police 7 days of entry in the UK "in one of my child's visa. The rest has normal work permit on their visa. I no she is a minor and not going to work. But would this be an issue during renewal and the register with police part is what I don't understand.
Please what should I do as she is already in the UK.
Please I need your inputs as a matter of urgency.
Just wise, fficole, babababy, scobyy2007 and all the experienced gurus abeg help.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Munamoqel: 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please plan your tution fees well .know the payment policy of the university. Warning u cannot hustle the tution fees within 3 months on a 20 hours per week work .3 guys that used borrowed fund as POF are currently in a mess. May be they might be their sponsorship withdrawn and deported. If u are low on cash go for university with long installment payment 8 months. Just don't think that after deposit of 3k and a uk visa you can survive. The UK is very expensive country u need around 500 pound monthly to manage as a student with limited resources and permit .THIS A WARNING .if it continues the UK embassy will now force student to pay the entire fees and even open a block accounts like Germany .

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lobinche101(m): 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Personal Travel allowance
Raalsalghul:

Private Travel Allowance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dramadiddy(m): 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
Amazoner01:

What’s up bro?
My second escalation expires tomorrow so I am calling tomorrow, but no info on my application, still stuck at DMC

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rollitout: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2021
Munamoqel:
I just received my CAS from university of aberdeen .They only requested POF and was issued with both conditional offer letter and my CAS .They didn't request I pay any deposit can I proceed with visa application .any body with such expirence. Am.only to pay 8000 pounds at enrolment

But I think your offer letter must be unconditioner before you can be issued CAS. I would suggest that you check again to ascertain its CAS.
I have unconditioner offer from Aberdeen too but have not been issued CAS yet.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lobinche101(m): 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mail them. They will provide u with the required details
dreroyals:
Hello, please how do pay tuition fee using form A to RGU? cos no account number, sort code or anything on my document.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Raalsalghul: 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
lobinche101:
Personal Travel allowance

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by babyfaze1900: 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
I observed too. People stopped answer questions. A lot of these questions can be answered with google. Like someone asking what PTA is. I needed to google all the acronyms used in this thread to get familiar with them. Asking these type of questions just flooded the entire thread unnecessarily. Read and ask google first.

Zangovinchy:
This post just made my day. Em7even keep reiterating READ READ READ!!!!. And someone will see that as bad advise. Please take your time to read about your choice of school, information about the school, about UKVI rules. If you don't read, these "fake agents" that have flooded this Noble will deceive you.
Who has noticed that for a while now, Scooby, Bourn07, etc have stopped posting or responding. Why? Because of endless repetitive questions.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by babyfaze1900: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2021
This was something I realised early too. The amount you are paying as deposit has little meaning when at enrolment, you're to pay 50%. A lot of question on schools with low deposits. Makes no sense to me. It's just like deferring the inevitable. The school I went for asked for 50% tuition as deposit. The more reason why I loved it because at enrolment, I don't need to start looking for that. A lot of people have borrowed funds to get visa in the hope that when they get to UK they can pay back the loan at home and also complete their tuition. I've not traveled to UK but a simple calculation on expected income and expenses will tell you that it's almost impossible to save enough to cater for all these.

I hope people can learn. If you can cover a larger part of your tuition and get yourself to UK without having to borrow, it's a lot easier. All these people asking for schools with low deposits will soon learn.

Munamoqel:
Please plan your tution fees well .know the payment policy of the university. Warning u cannot hustle the tution fees within 3 months on a 20 hours per week work .3 guys that used borrowed fund as POF are currently in a mess. May be they might be their sponsorship withdrawn and deported. If u are low on cash go for university with long installment payment 8 months. Just don't think that after deposit of 3k and a uk visa you can survive. The UK is very expensive country u need around 500 pound monthly to manage as a student with limited resources and permit .THIS A WARNING .if it continues the UK embassy will now force student to pay the entire fees and even open a block accounts like Germany .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lobinche101(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
I u understand funds might be an issue or other reasons best known to you but it's a risk for u to wait till this week before issuing instructions for form A debit. But it will end in praise. Cheers
beamboh:
I filled form A in UBA around noon today. They're saying they've not uploaded till now because of network issues. School deadline for payment is this Friday. Hope this bank is not allowing the devil to use them like this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ThaSlimKidd: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
dreroyals:
Hello, please how do pay tuition fee using form A to RGU? cos no account number, sort code or anything on my document.

Reach out to the Nigerian representative Kunle Afolabi. He'd get you the details

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by liliberth: 5:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please if you got to upload your cas can you do self service at the centre?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Munamoqel: 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Rollitout:

But I think your offer letter must be unconditioner before you can be issued CAS. I would suggest that you check again to ascertain its CAS.
I have unconditioner offer from Aberdeen too but have not been issued CAS yet.

opps mistake it unconditional.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vosquare: 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2021
Good evening,
1. can one travel immediately the visa gets approved irrespective of the day you can resume school?
2. Can one get a job before starting school?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Munamoqel: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
babyfaze1900:
This was something I realised early too. The amount you are paying as deposit has little meaning when at enrolment, you're to pay 50%. A lot of question on schools with low deposits. Makes no sense to me. It's just like deferring the inevitable. The school I went for asked for 50% tuition as deposit. The more reason why I loved it because at enrolment, I don't need to start looking for that. A lot of people have borrowed funds to get visa in the hope that when they get to UK they can pay back the loan at home and also complete their tuition. I've not traveled to UK but a simple calculation on expected income and expenses will tell you that it's almost impossible to save enough to cater for all these.

I hope people can learn. If you can cover a larger part of your tuition and get yourself to UK without having to borrow, it's a lot easier. All these people asking for schools with low deposits will soon learn.

abeg loud .2 student I know currently in serious mess I hope in will not end in disaster .many choose to lick their wound and not forwarn others.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by babyfaze1900: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
If you forget to upload any document on TLS website and you have submitted online but yet to do biometrics, they have a package you can pay for (it's called Complete your Application or something) at the center where you can upload any other documents you forgot to. It's 11k I think. So take that document along with you for your biometrics. At the first contact (not the gate) where your passport and appointment confirmation will be asked for (it looks like banking hall space but smaller), ask the person attending to you.

Note - I didn't go through all these but I think I met a lady who did.

liliberth:
Please if you got to upload your cas can you do self service at the centre?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Harbioula: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
vosquare:
Good evening,
1. can one travel immediately the visa gets approved irrespective of the day you can resume school?

You can travel depending on the date given as the traveling date. Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vosquare: 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
Harbioula:

You can travel depending on the date given as the traveling date. Yes
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chidinwa(m): 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
vosquare:
Good evening,

You can only travel one month from your course start date, if it’s long term study. If it’s short term, 2weeks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by liliberth: 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thank you so much.
babyfaze1900:
If you forget to upload any document on TLS website and you have submitted online but yet to do biometrics, they have a package you can pay for (it's called Complete your Application or something) at the center where you can upload any other documents you forgot to. It's 11k I think. So take that document along with you for your biometrics. At the first contact (not the gate) where your passport and appointment confirmation will be asked for (it looks like banking hall space but smaller), ask the person attending to you.

Note - I didn't go through all these but I think I met a lady who did.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chidinwa(m): 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hello everyone!
My questionnaire from my school before I can be issued a CAS questioned, if, I have ever been ‘refused a UK visa’.
Yes I have, twice, for *Visit* 3 years ago.
Do I need to disclose this to my school? Or should I leave it for the visa application.

Any advice would help, thanks I’m asvance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by RetiredAdult: 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Just to add to this, when i started this journey, (exactly 16th of october and now, I’m already waiting for CAS and for my POF to mature), i applied to 9 schools and so far I’ve gotten offers from all of them. Some conditional, others unconditional. All the schools I applied to, i found them from reading this thread. When I finally settled for ULaw, I’m the one who knows what aided my final decision. Whenever someone said something about why they didn’t choose ULaw, i went to email the school and ask them by myself and hear the information from the horses mouth. Some of the questions posted here are so, so unnecessary and tiring to read and it opens you up to be scammed. The bulk of your research should be done by yourself.

babyfaze1900:
So I joined the hunt to get uk study visa around September and I realize there are tonnes of information one needs to get things done. I was very lucky to stumble upon this page as I have read from the very first page to the current one and I keep up as many times as possible everyday.

I have gone through the process of finding a school for myself, applying (Mada a mistake _gist later), getting admission, get my CAS, filled my VISA application. All done without asking a single question here. And all information I needed was somehow provided here. Of course with a little bit of Google.

I learnt early on, anything that has to do with a particular school, one should direct the question to the school. You will be surprised the kind of questions people ask their respective schools and the schools are willing to provide answers.

So firstly, people should desist from ask what school to pick. Your best answer can be obtained using Google. Instead of asking about school fees here, check the school's course page. All info of a course and whatnot are on the website. Unless you're lazy, stop asking questions about what school to pick. It's your decision to make.

Secondly, I realize UKVI website has tones of info especially with regards to VISA and your status as an immigrant. And these info are pretty straightforward. Let us learn to read by ourselves.

Now my contribution to this thread will be that when filling your visa application, fill it and check and recheck and recheck and recheck then go to bed, wake up and check again. Just to ensure you have filled the right details. Do these right before you go to IHS page.. Again, learn to read everything you're presented.. I can't stress that enough.. READ!. One wrong detail can be the reason you're denied. Also all the documents you need should be uploaded.

This thread has been a blessing to me and I hope to share updates on my progress subsequently. God bless

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vosquare: 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Chidinwa:

You can only travel one month from your course start date, if it’s long term study. If it’s short term, 2weeks
Postgraduate studies

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.