Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1255057 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Cabopaul: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
Thanks just tracked both of us now and we are both in same stage ……

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DeeOneBangin: 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2021
Cabopaul:

Well at this stage, it’s best to wait for the outcome of your wife’s application.

Good luck to both of you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Please if one is booking ticket for uk studies, is it one or round ticket.

Book one way, you can’t no longer book round trip tickets for up to 9 months since Covid happened.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by HAminat(f): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Sometimes IHS returns 0 payment. Redo it the amount will come out.

No. This isn't a system glitch. Its deliberate.
If tried with a visa expiration date that exceeds 6 months. It's bringing the normal ihs fee.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by HAminat(f): 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2021
My husband's on a tier 4 visa which expires January 31, 2022.

I'm applying for a dependent visa now. However when i got to the IHS surcharge part, i discovered the fee was 0$.

I was worried, but saw a part that reads:
You usually need to pay the healthcare surcharge if you’re applying for a visa or immigration application:
for more than 6 months, if you’re applying outside the UK

Then i realized, this could be as a result of the fact that the main applicant (my husband) does not have up to 6 months left on his visa.

Has anyone been through this kindly?
Is it normal i dont pay for the IHS surcharge based on this situation?
Kindly shed light.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2021
British airway na wa, 1st September to the end, 1200 dollars above, any tips on getting affordable flights
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OlanikeOba: 8:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
HSpecial:

I just noticed it reduced for my dates instead of 1m plus I was seeing 409

The best time to book a ticket is midnight, cos any bookings not paid for gets canceled at midnight.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BizBloke(m): 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
Vecharry:
British airway na wa, 1st September to the end, 1200 dollars above, any tips on getting affordable flights

Tried Virgin? Or September 24th? Here you go, cheers!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Busique: 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2021
Pls o... How much is student visa fee and also IHS fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by maxi505: 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
Cabopaul:

I hope your wife changed her CAS number after the first refusal? Did she contact her school and changed her CAS?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bukolami22(f): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
Please what could be the cause of this?

I regret to inform you that the University is unable to approve sponsoring you as a Student by issuing you with a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number.

After reviewing your mandatory questionnaire Teesside University are not in a position to proceed with your application. We have a responsibility as a UKVI Sponsor to only issue a CAS number where we believe the outcome of the visa application is likely to be successful and unfortunately in your circumstance we are unable to proceed.

Please refer to the UKVI Sponsored Student Compliance Policy paragraph 6.8 which sets out the non-exhaustive grounds under which the University will not assign a CAS; and, paragraph 6.1 which confirms that the University is under no legal obligation to assign a CAS and exercises caution so as not to risk its status as a Student Visa sponsor.

https://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/international/studentvisacompliance.cfm

If you intend to pursue studying in the UK, and wish to defer to January 2022 intake please contact your regional office.

To request a refund of your fees please contact studentfees@tees.ac.uk.

Kind Regards,
International Compliance Team
Teesside University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Clarine: 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
Bukolami22:

Please what could be the cause of this?

I regret to inform you that the University is unable to approve sponsoring you as a Student by issuing you with a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number.

After reviewing your mandatory questionnaire Teesside University are not in a position to proceed with your application. We have a responsibility as a UKVI Sponsor to only issue a CAS number where we believe the outcome of the visa application is likely to be successful and unfortunately in your circumstance we are unable to proceed.

Please refer to the UKVI Sponsored Student Compliance Policy paragraph 6.8 which sets out the non-exhaustive grounds under which the University will not assign a CAS; and, paragraph 6.1 which confirms that the University is under no legal obligation to assign a CAS and exercises caution so as not to risk its status as a Student Visa sponsor.

https://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/international/studentvisacompliance.cfm

If you intend to pursue studying in the UK, and wish to defer to January 2022 intake please contact your regional office.

To request a refund of your fees please contact studentfees@tees.ac.uk.

Kind Regards,
International Compliance Team
Teesside University

Defer. You didn’t answer their mandatory questions properly. The question sent is different from the portal’s questions. Normally, they will ask you to resend it but because there is no time, that’s why you got this. Defer till January so you will have enough time to sort it out. You can contact me if you need help.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Maxxyfruit: 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2021
Good evening all, pls for those who travelled before getting accomodation, did you have the possibility of going out to search for one during your quarantine? I am asking to know if one can arrive and stay in a hotel in close proximity to potential properties for 2days during which accomodation can be sought for and concluded?
Thank you for your anticipated answers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Eldersege(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2021
Does anyone have idea of cheap hotel I can lodge for the night around TLS Ikeja?

I wish to go there tonight.

I learnt no more name writing. You pick number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olufunto93(f): 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm going to the UK for a 13month program. I got my Visa and noticed that the length of stay written on the accompanying letter is from 3rd September, 2021-4th February, 2024 instead of 3rd September, 2021-4th February, 2023.

I need anyone with similar issues to guide me on what to do.

I hope the issue won't affect my travel schedule as I plan to go soon.

I have sent an email to the complaints section of the UKVI however, I've not received any response.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Josh121(m): 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
Maxxyfruit:
Good evening all, pls for those who travelled before getting accomodation, did you have the possibility of going out to search for one during your quarantine? I am asking to know if one can arrive and stay in a hotel in close proximity to potential properties for 2days during which accomodation can be sought for and concluded?
Thank you for your anticipated answers.

You need to book your accommodation for 10days , that is where the will send your day 2 and 8 kits to , why not you use airbnb and forget hotel

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by angelss813(f): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2021
[quote author=Mmachisco post=105340780]Use the wakanow.com website, I have never heard of a wakanow agent. Maybe I'm mistaken tho

Sure, same here. After payment I received an email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Barad: 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2021
Good evening, pls kindly help wt answers. It's urgent.
I'm going without my spouse. Do I need consent letter from him?
Do I need reference letter from my bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DeeOneBangin: 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
Barad:
Good evening, pls kindly help wt answers. It's urgent.
I'm going without my spouse. Do I need consent letter from him?
Do I need reference letter from my bank?

NO to both questions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ugomnaanny: 9:44pm On Aug 31, 2021
Pls I need school that accepts HND pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2021
Those that booked with qatar airway, how were you able to pay in naira using the currency converter? Please assist, it's urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2021
leggyb:

You can pay in Naira into any of their accounts stated online. Hold your booking before proceeding to pay.

A converter is on their website for you to know the naira equivalent of what you are to pay. Pay the exact amount, don't even approximate.

Quote your PRN and phone number as payment remark and send receipt to losreservation@ng.qatarairways.com also using PNR and phone number as heading this time.

An e-ticket would be sent to you.

All i see is flight summary, I am not seeing any naira accounts, please assist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ijeshaprincess: 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2021
HAminat:

No. This isn't a system glitch. Its deliberate.
If tried with a visa expiration date that exceeds 6 months. It's bringing the normal ihs fee.

Your stay is likely to be less than 6 months so the assumption is that you are going for a visit and visit does not attract IHS surcharge.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by easydrizzle(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2021
Visa alert
Biometric 23rd of August
Visa alert 30th of August
Collected 31st of August
Thank you for your support so far.

Please what airlines are most preferred to Manchester

23 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by VickayThrills: 10:12pm On Aug 31, 2021
Hello Fam!
After an interview with a school, how long does it take to get a response or an offer, please?

I also applied to others that are yet to respond, and they haven't even replied my mail.

I'm really worried right now...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Glass123: 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
easydrizzle:
Visa alert
Biometric 23rd of August
Visa alert 30th of August
Collected 31st of August
Thank you for your support so far.

Please what airlines are most preferred to Manchester

Qatar airways
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2021
Vecharry:

How many days did GTB take to process

24th August= picked up form A and submitted same day
27th August= Got debited the equivalent
31st August= received payment receipt.

Can i say 7 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by HSpecial: 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
All of you booking Qatar directly how are you doing it ? It’s crossing out Lagos or Abuja for me
I am not able to view available flights. Please someone should help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by leggyb(m): 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
Vecharry:

All i see is flight summary, I am not seeing any naira accounts, please assist

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ng/payment-options.html

Look for "at your local bank", select Nigeria and you will list of acct numbers you can pay into. All belonging to qatar airways.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by easydrizzle(m): 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2021
For those that used qatar and had stop over for about 14 hrs , how did you cope
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 10:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
leggyb:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-ng/payment-options.html

Look for "at your local bank", select Nigeria and you will list of acct numbers you can pay into. All belonging to qatar airways.

Thanks, I read on the link, payment can be made with master card in our local currency

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.