Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (843) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257272 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

This is not true.
You must have the money for 28 days BEFORE you apply.
The application date is the date when you fill the form and pay visa and IHS fees, and NOT the date of biometrics at TLS.
Check the official website on Gov.Uk.
Hi.
Please my 28 days matured even before Dec 1, 2021
But I was having issues paying my visa/ihs fee till it was successful in Dec 8. But I have already started filling my visa application before my visa/ihs became successful. So I printed my POF in Dec 9 which covers the duration from Nov 9 - Dec 8 (30 days) because I wanted the visa/ihs fee to reflect in my bank statement. I uploaded my docs including POF in Dec 10. I hope I am safe o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rollitout: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2022
okegolden:
Please those of us that have gone through the PTA process, must your BVN be linked to your email before they will approve your application?
Yes your mail must be liked to the BVN because each time you want to login in, they will send OTP linked with your bvn.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:26am On Jan 02, 2022
Acanubs:

I already did this morning around 8:30. Waiting for the result now

Hopefully it will be negative , you should have waited before checking your ticket
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 11:28am On Jan 02, 2022
If I was applying for a student visa, I'd definitely do it as UKVI says. I'm only advising so you don't end up wishing that you had done it in the manner that UKVI stipulates because I hate to see people denied for mistakes that can be avoided.
kennykale:

Enough said. Do as you wish

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by okegolden: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2022
I think you're okay. Very clever idea to allow the reflection of both payment on your statement of account.

Mikool101:

Hi.
But I was having issues paying my visa/ihs fee till it was successful in Dec 8. But I have already started filling my visa application before my visa/ihs became successful. So I printed my POF in Dec 9 which covers the duration from Nov 9 - Dec 8 (30 days) because I wanted the visa/ihs fee to reflect in my bank statement. I uploaded my docs including POF in Dec 10. I hope I am safe o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugmama(m): 11:32am On Jan 02, 2022
Can one get admission to study MSc nursing pre-registration without ielts? He has waec and proof of English language proficiency from UNN.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 11:32am On Jan 02, 2022
sweetoma:
Gurus please is it possible to fill in the online visa application and pay for IHS and visa fee and then book biometrics date before POF is ready ? If someone wants to do Biometrics on 6th of Jan for example because POF will be ready on the 5th is it advisable for them to start the online application today so as to get biometrics date then pay for walk in. Or do you advise they wait until the 5th to do the online app, get appointment date and then pay for walk in and submit on the 6th?
Instead of this.... you can fill the application form before 6th but don’t pay your ihs and visa fee yet. Pay on the 6th when your pof is ready and you can opt for walk-in service on the 7th. It comes with additional charge tho.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 11:33am On Jan 02, 2022
mimilyrics:
No. You must wait till your POF is mature before submitting your application online and paying your visa/IHS fees.
You can start your online application before then bit don't submit be fore POF maturity.
Hi.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 11:34am On Jan 02, 2022
Ugmama:
Can one get admission to study MSc nursing pre-registration without ielts? He has waec and proof of English language proficiency from UNN.
Depends on institution. You can search for schools that offers nursing and check their entry requirements. You may be lucky to get what you seek.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 11:34am On Jan 02, 2022
justwise:

Hopefully it will be negative , you should have waited before checking your ticket
Hi.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by okegolden: 11:34am On Jan 02, 2022
Rollitout:

Yes your mail must be liked to the BVN because each time you want to login in, they will send OTP linked with your bvn.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 11:35am On Jan 02, 2022
okegolden:
I think you're okay. Very clever idea to allow the reflection of both payment on your statement of account.

My heart wan cut when I saw different views this morning. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 02, 2022
STENON:
I wish I had known this before waiting for a long time to apply for Biometrics lipsrsealed Thank you for this insight. Strathclyde gave CAS the same day my sister's tuition fees was confirmed but I waited 28 days before submitting her visa application. I just like the school because it is more organised and highly ranked in UK.

You too like corner corner lols. Don't allow this corner corner jam you one day.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sweetoma: 11:36am On Jan 02, 2022
mimilyrics:
I'd suggest that you read the visa guidance again, please.
The date of online submission is the date of your application and that is the date the ECO will use in assessing your application and your funds. That is why the exchange rate used is for the day that you submit your application online.
The date of your biometrics isn't the date of your application.
If you've not had your biometrics, please withdraw your application and submit after your POF is 28 days old to avoid wasting your funds.

Thank you, this makes sense and it’s actually better safe than sorry. I will wait. Also while filling the online visa app, when they ask for address I put school address and then they ask will you be staying any where else. Should I say no ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 11:38am On Jan 02, 2022
Mikool101:

Hi.
You’re are safe because it’s 30days POF however, making ihs and visa fee payment reflect on pof is unnecessary and just a waste of your time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugmama(m): 11:40am On Jan 02, 2022
Amazoner01:

Depends on institution. You can search for schools that offers nursing and check their entry requirements. You may be lucky to get what you seek.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by STENON(f): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

You too like corner corner lols. Don't allow this corner corner jam you one day.
lols..Many fake VOs on nairaland but the truth is some things are rather experienced than read on nairaland cheesy
Do you remember when I came here to ask for rules pertaining to working as a Part time Teacher while on Student visa ? many people said no , not allowed and bla bla. If I had waited one month extra without taking action first Lockdown would have finished my life with 8-8 shift as Health Care Assistant cry

Only Doctor, nurses, sportsperson etc was mentioned on UKVI as been banned from working , none mentioned Teaching. I went for it and I am happy. "It takes risk to succeed in UK" is my Motto . Follow what is written in the UKVI law book and if what you want is not there, then it is not applicable to you grin

Justwise won't be happy with that motto tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olutop(m): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2022
mimilyrics:
If I was applying for a student visa, I'd definitely do it as UKVI says. I'm only advising so you don't end up wishing that you had done it in the manner that UKVI stipulates because I hate to see people denied for mistakes that can be avoided.
Most times we misinterpreted UKVI rules, For people applying inside the UK, their application starts the day they submit there Visa form, but for those outside UK it starts from the day you did Biometrics irrespective of when you submit visa application.
An example of this is someone who submits online form and make Ihs and visa payments on Dec 6, the POF matured on Dec 4, if you do your Biometrics on January 10 due to 1 thing or the other, your Visa will Automatically be refused due to not meeting financial requirements because Dec 4 is outside January 10 that you did Biometrics and this is the major reasons people's application are being denied....

So to be safe please your POF should be in relation to your Biometrics, so get Biometrics appointment first before printing POF irrespective of when you submit application online

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by geeyoungmoney(m): 11:51am On Jan 02, 2022
Chreze:

With your first class, go for top schools. Go for Universities in the top 10, 15 or top 20. Forget about their fees ( cos it’s expensive). Apply for scholarship, atleast you should be able to get a £10,000 or 50% off your tuition. When you remove the £10,000, you will end up paying what you would have paid if you got the normal £2000 discount offered to Nigerians in most uk schools. Don’t feel like you won’t get the admission, trust me, first class is a master key, it can open so many locks. You have worked for a first class, enjoy the benefit that it brings. Good luck.

Thanks my boss! Well noted
I’ll keep the loop updated about the process sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by geeyoungmoney(m): 11:52am On Jan 02, 2022
Germany?
segunotiti:

Fresh graduate with 2:1 go to GERMANY ��

Free tuition no POF just blocked funds and veey affordable visa fee.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by geeyoungmoney(m): 11:53am On Jan 02, 2022
Oh thanks
Mariam520:

You don’t need nysc certificate for study visa processing....... Just your academic certificates.....you’re good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 02, 2022
STENON:
lols..Many fake VOs on nairaland but the truth is some things are rather experienced than read on nairaland cheesy
Do you remember when I came here to ask for rules pertaining to working as a Part time Teacher while on Student visa ? many people said no , not allowed and bla bla. If I had waited one month extra without taking action first Lockdown would have finished my life with 8-8 shift as Health Care Assistant cry

Only Doctor, nurses, sportsperson etc was mentioned on UKVI as been banned from working , none mentioned Teaching. I went for it and I am happy. "It takes risk to succeed in UK" is my Motto . Follow what is written in the UKVI law book and if what you want is not there, then it is not applicable to you grin

Justwise won't be happy with that motto tongue

You are right but sometimes we still need to be careful and what we put out here because passerby and new members come here. So we dont damage this forum. This forum has been here for years let's not tarnish it.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by elenengine(m): 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
I don't understand this.
Explain more.

olutop:

Most times we misinterpreted UKVI rules, For people applying inside the UK, their application starts the day they submit there Visa form, but for those outside UK it starts from the day you did Biometrics irrespective of when you submit visa application.
An example of this is someone who submits online form and make Ihs and visa payments on Dec 6, the POF matured on Dec 4, if you do your Biometrics on January 10 due to 1 thing or the other, your Visa will Automatically be refused due to not meeting financial requirements because Dec 4 is outside January 10 that you did Biometrics and this is the major reasons people's application are being denied....

So to be safe please your POF should be in relation to your Biometrics, so get Biometrics appointment first before printing POF irrespective of when you submit application online
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by KosoMo(m): 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
olutop:

Don't understand your narrative above, kindly shed more light
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 12:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
It's okay. You can even submit the next day after your funds hit 28 days.
Mikool101:

Hi.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by STENON(f): 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

You are right but sometimes we still need to be careful and what we put out here because passerby and new members come here. So we dont damage this forum. This forum has been here for years let's not tarnish it.
Yes true. You see why the indians are making it big in UK now than Naija people cheesy They are sharing all these information with all passers-by and new members so no one is left behind doing Cleaning jobs, tedious amazon job lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Km007: 12:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
Well, for me I paid for my ihs and submitted my application before my POF matured and still got my Visa. Just paid for assisted service. But I guess every case is different.
mimilyrics:
I'd suggest that you read the visa guidance again, please.
The date of online submission is the date of your application and that is the date the ECO will use in assessing your application and your funds. That is why the exchange rate used is for the day that you submit your application online.
The date of your biometrics isn't the date of your application.
If you've not had your biometrics, please withdraw your application and submit after your POF is 28 days old to avoid wasting your funds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by STENON(f): 12:05pm On Jan 02, 2022
Km007:
Well, for me I paid for my ihs and submitted my application before my POF matured and still got my Visa. Just paid for assisted service. But I guess every case is different.
another testimony cheesy grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 12:07pm On Jan 02, 2022
Sigh! Whatever rocks your boat.
olutop:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2022
That might have been an ECO error as in the case of a lady whose daughter got denied and son got the visa while based on the ECO explanatioand student visa rules, they both would have been denied.
ECOs sometimes make errors which sometimes favor or don't favor applicants which is why there is AR for those who meet all the requirements but still get refused.
Km007:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Acanubs: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
I haven’t done the check-in yet . I booked on the 30th and flight is for tomorrow morning . I did the first test yesterday which was inconclusive and was asked to do another this morning . I hope it comes out negative too . Thank you
justwise:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olutop(m): 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
KosoMo:

Don't understand your narrative above, kindly shed more light
Okay
If My Visa application reads Nov 10 and I print my POF to end before Nov10 which is probably Nov9, and getting Biometrics appointment from TLS became problematic and you sha get it atlast by Dec 12, submitting a POF that ends in Nov 9 will be outside the 31 days rule for visa application, Nov 9 to Dec 12 is 33 days, The application will be automatically denied for lack of Financial requirements....Reason being that for an applicant applying outside the UK your application day is the day you complete your Biometrics therefore your POF must not be more than 31days of your Biometrics but for someone applying inside the UK, Application starts immediately they submit online because UKVI already have their Biometrics .
So please get Biometrics appointment first before printing out POF to avoid stories that touch.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.