Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (842) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1261720 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by seyfou: 9:18am On Jan 02, 2022
Acanubs:
[
Can I go to another lab to do the test without waiting for second sample result I just dropped with Medbury ?

quote author=Acanubs post=109008453]
It’s Medbury �

Go and buy the home test kit, if you test Negative, just go to another lab and take another test or take the negative test strip to Medbury before they give you bad results

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sweetoma: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2022
Gurus please is it possible to fill in the online visa application and pay for IHS and visa fee and then book biometrics date before POF is ready ? If someone wants to do Biometrics on 6th of Jan for example because POF will be ready on the 5th is it advisable for them to start the online application today so as to get biometrics date then pay for walk in. Or do you advise they wait until the 5th to do the online app, get appointment date and then pay for walk in and submit on the 6th?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Acanubs: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2022
I already contacted my agent for that . We are still able to change the flight dates today but I’m waiting till afternoon when the new result comes in. It’s painful sha cos na expensive flight ��. I only booked it on 30th

seyfou:

Omo, just change your flight today, if you wait till the day of your departure, you’re likely going to pay a no-show fee, if by chance it comes out negative you can still work it out for tomorrow, better safe than sorry.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Acanubs: 9:31am On Jan 02, 2022
Thank you ��. Any idea where I can get this ?

seyfou:

Go and buy the home test kit, if you test Negative, just go to another lab and take another test or take the negative test strip to Medbury before they give you bad results
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Emperortom: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2022
You didn't state the travel date, well British airways is cheap if travel date is from 20th January and flight time is about 6hrs 35mins for less than 750 USD

dbty:
Good morning.
Happy first Sunday of the year.

I need quick advice on flight option.
What are my limitations in refere to the Airline, transit, and cost.
These are my research and option at hand;
Emirate. (300plus in Naira 27hrs travel time)
Turkish (1200 USD)
Egypt (570 USD with 31hrs travel time)

Egypt and Emirate would be preferred while my firm choice is Emirate because of the travel time.

Any other flight suggestion will be of great help and appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by seyfou: 10:02am On Jan 02, 2022
Acanubs:

Thank you ��. Any idea where I can get this ?

You can get it at any big pharmacy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 10:19am On Jan 02, 2022
I used KLM on my trip to Nigeria in November and one of the requirements per the checklist that they sent was that for anyone transiting had to get a transit visa. When we contacted them because it was silent on British passport holders, they said that it was not applicable to British passport holders and the likes but applicable to Nigerian passport holders and the likes.

Extract from NL website: If you are a Nigerian national travelling from Nigeria via the Netherlands to the UK, you can apply for an airport transit visa (ATV) at the Belgian embassy in Abuja or the French consulate in Lagos (both Member States representing the NL for Schengen visa in Nigeria). You are required to hold an ATV while transferring through the Netherlands
tshoboy:
Has anyone traveled with Air France or KLM to the UK recently?
Did you need an ATV and what was the process of getting one?
There are contradicting information and wanted first hand info from someone that has used either airlines recently.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 10:26am On Jan 02, 2022
No. You must wait till your POF is mature before submitting your application online and paying your visa/IHS fees.
You can start your online application before then but don't submit be fore POF maturity.
sweetoma:
Gurus please is it possible to fill in the online visa application and pay for IHS and visa fee and then book biometrics date before POF is ready ? If someone wants to do Biometrics on 6th of Jan for example because POF will be ready on the 5th is it advisable for them to start the online application today so as to get biometrics date then pay for walk in. Or do you advise they wait until the 5th to do the online app, get appointment date and then pay for walk in and submit on the 6th?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 10:38am On Jan 02, 2022
mimilyrics:
No. You must wait till your POF is mature before submitting your application online and paying your visa/IHS fees.
You can start your online application before then bit don't submit be fore POF maturity.

This is not true

You can pay you ihs and visa fees and submit your application before your POF is matured. You only need to book a date after your pof maturity when on TLS website.

I submitted my application since Dec 3 while pof mature on dec 16.

If you wait till pof matures, you will just be there struggling to get dates. Make your payments and submit your application for them book a date after your maturity date on TLS site

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by waleshadow: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2022
So yea, after sending a paid mail. I got a response days later for my dependants, and a mail for pickup for mine. I haven't gone for the pickup yet. I will share an update by then.

Riahmah:

Hello. Any luck since then? I’m super tired I don’t even know what to do again. It seems this dec 2 get problem generally
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2022
waleshadow:
Hi everyone,

Happy New year 2022!

I understand this thread is for student VISA, but I will like to seek your advice on a UK visitor VISA. My wife is travelling for a business meeting in the UK (Invitation received from the UK company) using Standard visitor VISA, but will be travelling with our 7months old baby. We will like to know if the baby needs to apply for a standard visitor VISA just like the mother. Though, we had tried this but the questions are not so related to that of a baby (e.g. "How long have you been staying in your address", if we put 6months, it says we MUST put where he had stayed for the last 2 years), there are other sections like how much he planned to spend in the UK. Your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/5233246/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 10:43am On Jan 02, 2022
jay2233:
yes I graduated in 2016
Thanks for your response. Happy New Year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TheGuyFromHR: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2022
kennykale:

This is not true

You can pay you ihs and visa fees and submit your application before your POF is matured. You only need to book a date after your pof maturity when on TLS website.

If you wait till pof matures, you will just be there struggling to get dates. Make your payments and submit your application for them book a date after your maturity date on TLS site

This is not true.
You must have the money for 28 days BEFORE you apply.
The application date is the date when you fill the form and pay visa and IHS fees, and NOT the date of biometrics at TLS.
Check the official website on Gov.Uk.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2022
At your own risk but please don't mislead other applicants.
The visa guidance is there for a reason. Wanting to get earlier dates isn't a reason to flout the rules and is not an excuse with UKVI.
If the money isn't in your account for at least 28-days before you submit your visa application online, the ECO is right to refuse the application according to the Student visa rules.
kennykale:

This is not true

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by STENON(f): 10:48am On Jan 02, 2022
kennykale:

This is not true

I wish I had known this before waiting for a long time to apply for Biometrics lipsrsealed Thank you for this insight. Strathclyde gave CAS the same day my sister's tuition fees was confirmed but I waited 28 days before submitting her visa application. I just like the school because it is more organised and highly ranked in UK.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 10:50am On Jan 02, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

This is not true.
You must have the money for 28 days BEFORE you apply.
The application date is the date when you fill the form and pay visa and IHS fees, and NOT the date of biometrics at TLS.
Check the official website on Gov.Uk.

I won’t say anything. Do as you wish
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2022
mimilyrics:
At your own risk but please don't mislead other applicants.
The visa guidance is there for a reason. Wanting to get earlier dates isn't a reason to flout the rules and is not an excuse with UKVI.
If the money isn't in your account for at least 28-days before you submit your visa application online, the ECO is right to refuse the application according to the Student visa rules.

Read and understand.

Because you submitted your application doesn’t mean you have submitted your documents. It only mean you have applied and booked a date for your biometrics. Your documents can be uploaded anytime you are ready or submitted for upload during your biometrics.

Enough said

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2022
I'd suggest that you read the visa guidance again, please.
The date of online submission is the date of your application and that is the date the ECO will use in assessing your application and your funds. That is why the exchange rate used is for the day that you submit your application online.
The date of your biometrics isn't the date of your application.
If you've not had your biometrics, please withdraw your application and submit after your POF is 28 days old to avoid wasting your funds.
kennykale:

Read and understand.

Because you submitted your application doesn’t mean you have submitted your documents. It only mean you have applied and booked a date for your biometrics. Your documents can be uploaded anytime you are ready or submitted for upload during your biometrics.

Enough said

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2022
mimilyrics:
I'd suggest that you read the visa guidance again, please.
The date of online submission is the date of your application and that is the date the ECO will use in assessing your application and your funds. That is why the exchange rate used is for the day that you submit your application online.
The date of your biometrics isn't the date of your application.
If you've not had your biometrics, please withdraw your application and submit after your POF is 28 days old to avoid wasting your funds.

Enough said. Do as you wish

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by STENON(f): 11:03am On Jan 02, 2022
Although I am still waiting for her visa decision but let me drop this here wink

Due to some health issues, My sister finished her undergraduate with third class and even had an extra year before graduating.
I applied to almost all schools in Scotland( UWS, GCU, RGU, Edinburgh Napier, Edinburgh University, etc ) all rejected her citing she didn't meet the minimum entry requirements, no work experience and bla bla.
Then I contacted the school agents , Edinburgh Napier agent was charging me 250k just to process admission, I laughed like this on the phone Buhahahahaha cheesy
UWS agent did free of charge and she got admitted for MSc in HR management but it was too expensive considering UWS is the least ranked University in the UK and the future prospects of HR is limited.

I have heard alot about University of Glasgow and Strathclyde University as the Almighty ones in UK and most expensive, well I applied there for her and second day she got an offer for MSc Education from both schools. University of Glasgow was too expensive so I ignored it, then Strathclyde University gave her conditional admission asking for minimum deposit of 2k while promising 4k scholarship plus also employing her as the School Ambassador after paying the deposit. cheesy
The total school fees was 14,800, minus £4000 making £10800. Wow grin so cheap for a top 10 University in UK and the number one in UK interms of Educational courses.

Paying such a lower amount of money for a highly ranked school in UK plus offer of employment is such a great opportunity. We accepted the offer, applied for visa but patiently waiting for the decision cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:04am On Jan 02, 2022
Acanubs:
Good morning Gurus in the house. Please what happens to flight ticket if someone tests positive for Covid during the pre departure PCR test. My test came out inconclusive and i need to redo it again this morning. Flight booked with VA for tomorrow morning. @justwise and Gurus, sad

Will you be able to do another test today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alexisHazel: 11:07am On Jan 02, 2022
Good day house

Please I need assistance �
I opted for self service and have uploaded all my documents, problem is Firstly I forgot to upload my CAS letter and proof of funds will expire on the 16th Jan whereas my my biometrics is on the 6th Jan

My question is
1. Is it compulsory to upload my CAS letter
2. Should I print another bank statement, probably till February to prevent it from expiring in their hands

Please your advise will be appreciated!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by waleshadow: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2022
Replay that same email reminding them of the date you applied, the fact that you have not received any mail on your decision and the need for you to resume by 10th January. Also, login to check where the application is DMC, VAC etc. also check your junk/spam folders.

Riahmah:
Hello everyone. My application as been stucked at DMC. Biometrics was on dec 2 and I opted for priority. I’ve called and sent mail they keep saying decision has been made but my passport is t ready. My school resumes on the Jan 10 and I don’t even have my passport yet. Is there anyone that has a solution to this? I’d really appreciate your response. Thank you

I’ve been to British High Commission this week but I was not even allowed to enter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Jan 02, 2022
olutop:

I am not trying to circumvent the rule and will never do that,The person was trying to sort her UK accomodation and some other necessarystuffs about her travel, which made some of the money to leave the account.I understand your point though, this is a public forum and we should be mindful of what we post here, Thanks and Happy new year.

Now I get you clearer and thanks for your understanding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 11:15am On Jan 02, 2022
alexisHazel:
Good day house

Please I need assistance �
I opted for self service and have uploaded all my documents, problem is Firstly I forgot to upload my CAS letter and proof of funds will expire on the 16th Jan whereas my my biometrics is on the 6th Jan

My question is
1. Is it compulsory to upload my CAS letter
2. Should I print another bank statement, probably till February to prevent it from expiring in their hands

Please your advise will be appreciated!!
Upload your cas.. you can do that by paying for assisted service (11700naira) to upload the remaining doc. May not be necessary but don’t take chances.
You don’t need to reprint your statement of account since it is the valid, just make sure the funds are there.
All the best!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by okegolden: 11:16am On Jan 02, 2022
Please for clarity, the day you pay for your visa fee is the date of your application and your POF should have been matured at least a day before that day. So if you have done otherwise, best option is to cancel the application oooooh.
author=STENON post=109010813] I wish I had known this before waiting for a long time to apply for Biometrics lipsrsealed Thank you for this insight. Strathclyde gave CAS the same day my sister's tuition fees was confirmed but I waited 28 days before submitting her visa application. I just like the school because it is more organised and highly ranked in UK. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rollitout: 11:19am On Jan 02, 2022
Bukolammie:
Hello guys,
pls I need an urgent response and it’s concerning the day 2 test .
What happens if someone unknowingly took the test next day after arrival?
Is there a remedy?
Just got to know that day of arrival counts as day 0 don’t know that before
You are still okay if you have arrived and taken the test the next day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by alexisHazel: 11:21am On Jan 02, 2022
Amazoner01:

Upload your cas.. you can do that by paying for assisted service (11700naira) to upload the remaining doc. May not be necessary but don’t take chances.
You don’t need to reprint your statement of account since it is the valid, just make sure the funds are there.
All the best!!!

Thank you �

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Acanubs: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2022
I already did this morning around 8:30. Waiting for the result now

justwise:

Will you be able to do another test today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 11:22am On Jan 02, 2022
STENON:
I wish I had known this before waiting for a long time to apply for Biometrics lipsrsealed Thank you for this insight. Strathclyde gave CAS the same day my sister's tuition fees was confirmed but I waited 28 days before submitting her visa application. I just like the school because it is more organised and highly ranked in UK.
Have your pof ready before you pay for ihs and visa. Don’t let anyone confuse you on this bro. They count date based on application submission not biometrics.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.