Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1251188 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Please who have been able to pay for IHS and visa fee today using GTB dollar card. I have been stalked since morning. OTP not dropping.
I have tried and tried and tried.

Indeed this journey is not for the weak.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Clarine: 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
daddynasa:

Big lie. Read and understand the policy. I applied 10 days before maturity and I have my Visa, I know about 5 person with same. Demonstrate that you have held the funds for 28 consecutive days. The closing balance should not be 31 days old as at when u apply. The 28 days is usually counted backwards from ur closing date, and more importantly ur date of application becomes important because it is the oanda exchange rate for that date that will be used. I almost cancelled my application because of ur kind of advise. But I downloaded the policy note and was very sure I understood it. Pls note: do not submit your documents until you have printed your complete statement. In my case I uploaded my statement and submitted a day to my biometrics.[color=#990000][/color]

Ok sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Futureukstudent: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
justwise:

justwise!! Read the conversation again and see why I said the school will reject her straight up. The lady said "Nigerian rep" not agent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babatee025: 8:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
Good day everyone
Today makes it 32 working days and am yet to receive my ATAS certificate, please what can I do cos am seriously confused
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DoubleN(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
VISA Alert* VISA Alert*VISA Alert*VISA Alert

Grateful to the almighty God who knows the end of a thing before it even begins. The all-knowing and all-sufficient God!

Family of 5.
CAS Issued: 6th of August 2021
Visa Application: 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th of August 2021 (Applied till about 3 am in the morning)
Biometrics: 9th of August 2021 (Walk-in at TLS Ikeja). Got there with my Family by 4 am and left by about 11:30 am.
Main Applicant: Priority
Dependants: Standard.
Main Applicants Passport Collection email 2:23 pm 17th of August 2021, Passport collected 17th of August 2:50 pm.
Dependants Collection email 3:56 pm 1st of September 2021, Passport collected 10 am 2nd of September 2021pm.

Many of those who applied as a family with the main applicant as priority and dependants as standard all got their passports on the same date as the main applicant. However, this was not our case and it was a very long 17 working days. Made several phone calls to UKVI and One Paid email during this period. I suspect the TLS guy in Ikeja didn't do something right as during the biometric he mentioned something about linking our application together. O Well, that's all in the past now.

Also noticed that the main applicant's decision was in Pretoria while the dependants were done in Abu Dhabi.

No Non-Straight Forward email.
No Interview.

Advice
A small tip for those who will be making calls to UKVI based on my own experience. Use Skype for this and load about $10. Calls from Skype to UK numbers is about $0.075. While I noted that using this process, my Debit Card was never charged for any call.

Except your middle name is patience, please do PRIORITY!!!.

We thank God for helping us through this journey and thanks to all the positive contributors on this platform. For those awaiting a decision, your expectation will not be cut short in Jesus Name. Amen!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
DoubleN:
VISA Alert* VISA Alert*VISA Alert*VISA Alert

Grateful to the almighty God who knows the end of a thing before it even begins. The all-knowing and all-sufficient God!

Family of 5.
CAS Issued: 6th of August 2021
Visa Application: 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th of August 2021 (Applied till about 3 am in the morning)
Biometrics: 9th of August 2021 (Walk-in at TLS Ikeja). Got there with my Family by 4 am and left by about 11:30 am.
Main Applicant: Priority
Dependants: Standard.
Main Applicants Passport Collection email 2:23 pm 17th of August 2021, Passport collected 17th of August 2:50 pm.
Dependants Collection email 3:56 pm 1st of September 2021, Passport collected 10 am 2nd of September 2021pm.

Many of those who applied as a family with the main applicant as priority and dependants as standard all got their passports on the same date as the main applicant. However, this was not our case and it was a very long 17 working days. Made several phone calls to UKVI and One Paid email during this period. I suspect the TLS guy in Ikeja didn't do something right as during the biometric he mentioned something about linking our application together. O Well, that's all in the past now.

Also noticed that the main applicant's decision was in Pretoria while the dependants were done in Abu Dhabi.

No Non-Straight Forward email.
No Interview.

Advice
A small tip for those who will be making calls to UKVI based on my own experience. Use Skype for this and load about $10. Calls from Skype to UK numbers is about $0.075. While I noted that using this process, my Debit Card was never charged for any call.

Except your middle name is patience, please do PRIORITY!!!.

We thank God for helping us through this journey and thanks to all the positive contributors on this platform. For those awaiting a decision, your expectation will not be cut short in Jesus Name. Amen!

Congratulations to you and ur family.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
Hello guys

I just printed my POF and I printed from 3 of august till date . And I plan on doing my biometrics tomorrow. I hope my statement is good to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Cokesboy: 9:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
Visa alert Visa alert
Application submitted on .......23 August 2021
Biometric (Walk-in, Priority) ...24 August 2021
Decision ....................................27 August 2021
Collection mail .........................01 September 2021
Australian Visa refusal declared
No non-straight forward mail
University of Hull

Thank you all

28 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zimzee: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
Thanks boss
Babababy:

Yes, but more like he is just going to sign and not write it . Part 1 and also Part 3 on their behalf . The other consent he has to write would have to signed by both of you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ogheneakpors: 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
Verifiedlu:
Good afternoon house....Please I have questions......is black and white copy of statement acceptable for visa? Or can I use electronic copy of the statement download through app? Also I would need assistance with filling the visa application .....please a Scobyyyy and other gurus here.....Can Someone please guide me through this

I use GTBank. I generated the signed and stamped copy from the app and uploaded it. No issues.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lekan1000: 9:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
naijatisumi:

Sorry , what was the reason for rejection ?

they were not convinced she is married to me, we didn't upload enough documents
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
LOOOLLLLL

How are you? Thanks for checking in.

This process is 'consuming' and this 10 day lockdown does not help especially when you travel with teens you need to keep engaged coupled with still working remotely.

Good thing classes do not start until the 27th. Hoping to be fully settled by then.

Thanks again!

fetomowo:
@fificole @dumebi @ariyike and @tosinkate I don miss una for here o...

E be like the other side dey sweet? .

Blessings

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Redditor: 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Futureukstudent:
before you argue further, this is a mail to someone from BCU. Yes BCU before CAS could be issued to the person. This isnt from an agent or what have you, it was straight from the admission team. This is a school rule before CAS can be released. School issues CAS, UKvi issues visa....two different things bro

My good man, the only one among those three requirements that UKVI is concerned with is the 28 day rule.

The second and third rules are not necessary. UKVI stated on their website that a downloaded bank statement without stamp is okay nor did they specify that the account must show multiple transactions as proof of "activity"

I quite understand that those rules must be met before those schools issue CAS but seriously, the overreach of the compliance teams of those schools is getting quite much.

They're probably trying to be on the safer side and ensure that all their students get visa sha.

NB: My school has a CAS shield too so I know what their issues can be like.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by oluwa234: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2021
Good evening everyone.
I got the following email on the 30th August hoped to have received a collection email by now which is yet to drop. Does anyone know how soon to expect a status update?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 9:34pm On Sep 02, 2021
Kenny4smart:
Please who have been able to pay for IHS and visa fee today using GTB dollar card. I have been stalked since morning. OTP not dropping.
I have tried and tried and tried.

Indeed this journey is not for the weak.

Anybody please. I'm tired.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ogheneakpors: 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Boofrenzy:
So guys i feel you can avoid paying for walk in by starting your application early.

This is what I mean. Starting the visa application say 2 weeks before your POF matures .
Pay for IHS and Visa fee then select biometrics appointment date which will be 2weeks ahead.

In 2 weeks time when your statement matures. Print the statement and upload all documents

Then go for your normal appointment.

I'm not so sure how long the application is valid after creating the account but I think you will have about 2 weeks to complete that. So it should work.

By the way, You are free to criticize this. Let me hear what you think

You are absolutely correct. No visa application is complete until it has been transferred to UKVI.
No transfer until you have done biometrics.
To do your Biometrics, you need to have uploaded your documents.
Completing the questionnaire on the gov.uk website is just a part of the process.....

I had to reprint my POF a day before my biometrics and I have my VISA....the date I got for standard after completing my application was more than 31days after paying my VISA fees thus rendering my intial statement useless.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Marytee2: 9:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
Does it mean that the day of application is actually the day of biometrics and not the day of online form submission?
Ogheneakpors:

You are absolutely correct. No visa application is complete until it has been transferred to UKVI.
No transfer until you have done biometrics.
To do your Biometrics, you need to have uploaded your documents.
Completing the questionnaire on the gov.uk website is just a part of the process.....

I had to reprint my POF a day before my biometrics and I have my VISA....the date I got for standard after completing my application was more than 31days after paying my VISA fees thus rendering my intial statement useless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gbomzie: 9:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
That's quite interesting.
Maybe it's your browser?
I honestly don't know why that is. Is it the same thing for Assisted Service?

annamaria333:
Many thanks for your response! And for the luck smiley

But even weekdays in October, November and December are blank and don't allow me to click on them. (screenshot attached)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bolagabriella: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
pimpc007:
keep calling those numbers in the email, sometime during the day they put it on, once you get it speak with the person to schedule u.. beg if u can for early date, and why.. u know the rest. best of luck

Thanks. I've been able to get an appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bolagabriella: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Autophys1:

Call them with the numbers on their website depending on your location, Lagos or Abuja.
They will book you with a date and a time.
On the date you are given, don't wait for the time, be at he gate by 8a.m. so you can finish on time.
Thanks. I've been able to get an appointment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babatee025: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2021
Good day everyone
Today makes it 32 working days and am yet to receive my ATAS certificate, please what can I do cos am seriously confused....please I need answers to this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
can't you get a token? somethings on GTB require token only, I cannot remember the process with dollar card transactions
they will give u a token within a short while in the bank. doesn't cost much

Kenny4smart:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
Awesome how you put a lid on this by giving clarity.

Vecharry:
I guess this settles issues around day 2 and 8 tests.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by koloyewo: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
vivvica:
Hello guys

I just printed my POF and I printed from 3 of august till date . And I plan on doing my biometrics tomorrow. I hope my statement is good to go
I sent you a mail, please have you gotten an appointment date or you want to do walk in, cos I learnt walk in is being ruled out at ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2021
when you start filling the form for the UK Visa, can you save and continue later? can you also edit what was previously saved?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
koloyewo:
I sent you a mail, please have you gotten an appointment date or you want to do walk in, cos I learnt walk in is being ruled out at ikeja.

Hi
Yes I have a date, but I plan to walk in tomorrow morning . Where did you get this info of ruled out please . I replied your email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2021
pimpc007:
when you start filling the form for the UK Visa, can you save and continue later? can you also edit what was previously saved?

Yes you can save and continue later you can edit . You can even download what you’ve filled so far you’ve not paid your ihs and visa fee..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Futureukstudent: 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
Redditor:

My good man, the only one among those three requirements that UKVI is concerned with is the 28 day rule.

The second and third rules are not necessary. UKVI stated on their website that a downloaded bank statement without stamp is okay nor did they specify that the account must show multiple transactions as proof of "activity"

I quite understand that those rules must be met before those schools issue CAS but seriously, the overreach of the compliance teams of those schools is getting quite much.

They're probably trying to be on the safer side and ensure that all their students get visa sha.

NB: My school has a CAS shield too so I know what their issues can be like.
you get!! Tho over reached, but you have no choice than to fulfill all rightousness

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Infograwads: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Silent reader

Applied for a family of (3) Main applicant (Mother) & two dependents (Children) Priority - Abuja

Applied 13th August
Biometrics and document upload 24th August
TLC Passport Pickup mail 1st September
DHL Delivery 2nd September

No mails from UKVI
Visa application successful. We all got our visas.

The one week seemed like one year.

Attending UOM? hola back

22 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by segunotiti(m): 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vecharry:
I used GTB app to pay for the qatar airways flight, how long does it take for it to be processed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by maxi505: 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
Kenny4smart:

Have you tried transferring the money in your dorm account to your ATM card account? If no, do it now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by maxi505: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vecharry:
I used GTB app to pay for the qatar airways flight, how long does it take for it to be processed

I am also traveling with Qatar Airways. I paid naira equivalent of $604.10 = #250,822 and I received the confirmation of payment and the e-ticket within 1 hour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.