Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (921) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257245 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
0-hour contract admin support in central/North West London:
https://www.healthjobsuk.com/job/v3791341?ref=JobsByEmail&locale=en-gb

18.75 hours per week Senior Safeguarding Coordinator in Basildon, Essex:
https://www.healthjobsuk.com/job/v3809835?ref=JobsByEmail&locale=en-gb

0-hour contract ICT Service Desk Analyst in Uxbridge:
https://www.healthjobsuk.com/job/v3813560?ref=JobsByEmail&locale=en-gb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
johnsonpal:
Hey guys, my last post was 2months ago. it's now 4 months of being here in the UK. And I have made it a point of duty to unlearn, learn, relearn, adapt as fast as possible. of course, I'm still a JJC

Disclaimer: This post is strictly my opinion, thought, and experience so far, which of course will be different from others.

This might be a little long so I apologize in advance

so let get to it.

In my last post I talked about finance, let me buttress my point a little more. I was able to work full time during the Christmas holiday which is different from the 20hrs/weekly you can work during school term. I had a 3 weeks Christmas break and I worked 9hrs daily for 14 days. I Would have worked daily for the entire week but unfortunately, I couldn't get more shifts.

Pay was 11/hr
11 * 9hrs = 99
99 * 14 = 1367 (Not that bad yeah?)

So working full time during holidays you can average say 2,000(if you can get and pull crazy hours)

If your school has a flexible payment plan, that stretches in between holidays, then maybe you can save up to pay 50% of your tuition. I still think there is no way you can pay 100% of the school fees even with unlimited holiday hours.
Don't forget you have other bills (rent, transport, feeding, etc ).

It's no news that the UK is practically dashing out visas to EVERYONE, ok, maybe not everyone let's say 90% of the people applying for the tier 4 student visa, and remember it's not just Nigeria, Indian, Vietnam, all over! so don't for one moment think that the UK government being benevolent with its student visa is 'grace', it's simply business for them.
After Brexit, the government is trying to bring money into their country, and they have succeeded greatly with the international students' tuition fees amounting to billions of pounds being pumped into the economy. The 2 years post-graduate is just an incentive to achieve this.

Now understand that the requirement to stay on in the UK after your 2 years post-graduate for most of us lies solely on landing a job, not just any type of job, a job that will be willing and ready to apply for you to stay.

Let's talk facts.

The competition for Jobs is going to be very fierce and this is even saying it lightly. We also need to consider Covid.
To understand how many people are coming into the UK for "study" right now, check these BBC links.

Student Accommodation Scarcity in the UK

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+student+accomodation+scarcity&rlz=1C1JZAP_enGB983GB983&oq=uk+student+accomodation+scarcity+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.7052j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There is massive accommodation scarcity in almost all Universities cities. So what is plan B, C?? how do we stand a better chance of landing these Jobs?

1 . Research, Research: There is a job shortage list that is regularly updated, Go to jobs websites(indeed, totaljobs, Linkedin), look at what is trending for the past year, look at the skills employers are looking for and somehow align your course with it.

Don't just study anything all because you want to leave Nigeria, What are the prospect of your course in landing a job in a fiercely competitive job market?

btw, for people studying MSc law, what is exactly the plan? I genuinely mean no offense, I'm just really curious

2. Develop yourself, even studying a relevant course is not assurance. Get practical skills. The major things employers look for here are Skills and experience. Apply for that internship, build that portfolio, Volunteer. Just Do everything possible to gain that experience.

3. Please don't be mediocre, if it only excels you know thoroughly, it's better than knowing bits of everything. btw, I think everyone should learn Excel, Coursera and Udemy are offering free courses.

4. Network as much as possible, join Linkedin. attend conferences, seminars if you can, register for school job fare Register on meetup.com, there are free events around your city, attend. Don't be too busy working your temp jobs and forget to plan for what is coming.

======================

Now, Plan B, C, so after doing all these say no job is forthcoming a year after your study. *God forbid* We all know that going back to Nigeria is almost not on the table for a lot of people.

- IF you are single, then, Good for you, Find real love, legally o!!

- Startup/investor Visa, I don't know much about this, but it is worth looking into.

- Continue with your Canada Pr process, your Msc should increase your score at least. (Most of dumped this when it was taking forever)

- Look into other countries, Australia, New Zealand

Lastly, Please try to do everything in your power not to break the term of your visa, like not attending lecturers, Examination misconduct/ plagiarism( I still don't understand why some people are paying people in Nigeria to do their assignments and projects for them. How can you be paying this much tuition fee and you wouldn't want to at least learn something. The lecturers here are always ready and available to help. I understand some of us are stressed from work, and not interested in school, but abeg try to edit those assignments you get from them" Machinery".
Plagiarism/Examination Misconduct is a big deal here o.

Again, Don't work more than 20hrs during school sessions. These guys will be looking at everything with microscopic eyes when it's time because of the population.

I know I'm not experienced enough to be dishing out advice, so let's just say this is me thinking out loud and in no way am I discouraging anyone from coming.

Your Dear brother reporting live from the frontline grin.

Before leaving Nigeria try and gain experience in your field that can be your saving grace.

With Experience you can easily sell yourself to a company. Na dem go
dey do the talking about their company lols.

Experience on a job could give you an edge over someone who just studied a course.secondly, Instead of feeling sad or down after been turned down by a company. Review the interview questions that you were asked especially those ones you could not answer. Sometimes these company ask similar interview questions.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dramaqueen12345(f): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hi everyone. I don’t know if this has been addressed or mentioned here but i will like to get in touch with anyone who has completed their masters already and has successfully converted their student visa to graduate visa? Please reply here or send me a mail. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bola01234: 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
Pls guys
I want my wife to apply for a uk University
She has a lower credit in banking and finance and has worked some places..
Can she apply direct for master or pre masters.
Any where I can check for this
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by loptee: 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
10th December
meeday07:

When was your biometric ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mimilyrics: 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ask away, I might be able to help.
I know someone who applied in December and got it.

I also know of someone else who applied for it but withdrew her application before biometrics because she got her skilled worker visa COS from one of the jobs she applied to.
Dramaqueen12345:
Hi everyone. I don’t know if this has been addressed or mentioned here but i will like to get in touch with anyone who has completed their masters already and has successfully converted their student visa to graduate visa? Please reply here or send me a mail. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DavidTheGeek: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
What is the best way to send money to a UK bank account for payment of school fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sweetoma: 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
This one ppl who did biometrics on 17th are still waiting for collection mail. What hope do those who did biometrics in January have. We 31st Jan course start dates. @justwise is it possible to get visa and not be allowed entry because of missed course start date? What would you advise a person in this situation to do ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olutop(m): 1:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
DavidTheGeek:
What is the best way to send money to a UK bank account for payment of school fees?
The use of FORM A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ck123(m): 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
Please generally, is transcript evaluation required for admission in Uk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DavidTheGeek: 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
olutop:

The use of FORM A

Thanks. What bank is advisable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
sweetoma:
This one ppl who did biometrics on 17th are still waiting for collection mail. What hope do those who did biometrics in January have. We 31st Jan course start dates. @justwise is it possible to get visa and not be allowed entry because of missed course start date? What would you advise a person in this situation to do ?

Has anyone received collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MrsDanex: 1:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
What’s going on, No visa alert!!!! Or the joy has not allowed them to type. Please let’s know where we are
#29th December 2021

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pete3000: 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2022
ck123:
Please generally, is transcript evaluation required for admission in Uk?

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Star19: 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
MrsDanex:
What’s going on, No visa alert!!!! Or the joy has not allowed them to type. Please let’s know where we are
#29th December 2021

Which tls did you do your biometrics?
Did mine in Abuja on the 29th, the wait is tiring

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by olutop(m): 1:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
DavidTheGeek:

Thanks. What bank is advisable?
I heard Provindus and some other New Generation Banks are faster, I used Union bank for mine though and it took a week b4 they debited me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OluAjo: 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
Sigh,
It has been 7 weeks.

There's a possibility I'll miss my enrolment and resumption date.
The University is telling me to defer till September if I don't resume on time.
I'm just wondering if I can travel to the UK even though I've deferred till September.
Will I be allowed to stay in the UK for 6 months without studying?

mimilyrics:
Depends. Can take anything from 1 to 8 weeks or more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AnaCheks(m): 1:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
mimilyrics:
Ask away, I might be able to help.
I know someone who applied in December and got it.

I also know of someone else who applied for it but withdrew her application before biometrics because she got her skilled worker visa COS from one of the jobs she applied to.
Please i sent you an email

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikool101: 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
mimilyrics:
No one can tell you how long it will take. Just keep your fingers crossed and wait.
I will try.
Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by yourfavourite: 2:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
Which tls? I am also 29th December
MrsDanex:
#29th December 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MrsDanex: 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
Star19:

Same o. Abuja
Which tls did you do your biometrics?
Did mine in Abuja on the 29th, the wait is tiring
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by meeday07(m): 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
loptee:
10th December

I really don't think you should send mail, you can call them either.

Is it that decision hasn't been made or what ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MrsDanex: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
Abuja

post=109307599]Which tls? I am also 29th December [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nalai: 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
meeday07:

I really don't think you should send mail, you can call them either.

Is it that decision hasn't been made or what ?

Please do you have their number Biometrics on the 16th ���
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 2:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
kennykale:

Has anyone received collection mail?

I have. I'm waiting for DHL delivery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by meeday07(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nalai:

Please do you have their number Biometrics on the 16th ���

+443007906268.. Don't call them with MTN oo. It won't go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pete3000: 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
em7even:

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MrsDanex: 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
When did you do your biometrics?
em7even:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
pete3000:

Congratulations
Omo this your congratulations, I don't have my passport yet to know if I have a visa o! However, thank you! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
MrsDanex:
When did you do your biometrics?
17th December - Abuja TLS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ibk5891(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2022
What is the time they close at ikeja TLS?

Collection mail just entered now!

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by reeaal1: 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
what was your biometrics date?
ibk5891:
What is the time they close at ikeja TLS?

Collection mail just entered now!

(1) (2) (3) ... (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.