Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,290 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (999) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1251798 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dbty(m): 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2022
Gladesh:
Good afternoon people,
- Please ow good is Ethiopian airline?
- For fully Vaccinated, is there still need for day 2 pcr test?
- Anyone with cheap accommodation for 1 person for a month in Sunderland?

You can do lateral flow test.
It is self activated and cheap as low as 9 pounds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by elenengine(m): 6:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
@justwise @kannykale @luchybianca.
When can someone switch from dependant Visa to tier 2.
If it actually successful, is that person still subjected to the main applicant that brought him In into the UK.
How can it be done.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ShalewaT: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
I want to change my visa application from standard to priority. I have read it takes 5 days to get visa approval, my worry now is my centre is in lagos. I don't like what I've been reading about their standard application process times, they seem slower than Abuja.

Is it safe to apply for priority with the hope that I'll be attended to within the time frame of 5 days?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ridwanadedapo(m): 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
Have you submitted your application already? If yes, You can’t change. If No, you can go ahead and use priority.

ShalewaT:
I want to change my visa application from standard to priority. I have read it takes 5 days to get visa approval, my worry now is my centre is in lagos. I don't like what I've been reading about their standard application process times, they seem slower than Abuja.

Is it safe to apply for priority with the hope that I'll be attended to within the time frame of 5 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
Which lagos tls? Vi is better than ikeja. Yes its safe to use priority
ShalewaT:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ELIZABET: 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hello good people.

I just received a refusal mail this hot Sunday afternoon from Sheffield, UK.

I used my Bank statement to apply for dependant Visas for myself and two children under 16 years. My wife is already 4 months into her studies.

Account statement was 28 days (2nd of October to 30th). fund was more than the required amount in my account for me and two children.

NSF mail 11th and 14th of January

Asked for my wife's account (I don't know why but I thought it was to check for fund duplication and it was clear there wasn't) 14th of Jan.

Paid mail sent on the 20th (Reply said decision made)

Decision letter today 23th of January.

Please see attached screenshot for reason(s)

I have asked people who got there dependant visas approved, I believe I followed the rules.
The ECO quoted an amount that included the the maintenance fee + tuition for my wife and only on dependant (as if she is still in Nigeria and only traveling with one dependant) whereas on the uk.gov website it says " If your partner or child is applying at a different time to you (they’re applying separately) they only need to prove they have money to support themselves".
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

Errors in the letter: The underlined account number is neither mine nor that of my wife, her application date was 10th of September not 13th.
[/color]

Anyone with related experience or insight? way forward please.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by weensteen: 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
I'm sorry about this, although I might not have much experience on this but I suggest you apply for an administrative review. They might have made some mistakes.

ELIZABET:
Hello good people.

I used my Bank statement to apply for dependant Visas for myself and two children under 16 years. My wife is already 4 months into her studies.

Account statement was 28 days (2nd of October to 30th). fund was more than the required amount in my account for me and two children.

Asked for my wife's account (I don't know why but I thought it was to check for fund duplication and it was clear there wasn't) 14th of Jan.

I have asked people who got there dependant visas approved, I believe I followed the rules.
The ECO quoted an amount that included the the maintenance fee + tuition for my wife and only on dependant (as if she is still in Nigeria and only traveling with one dependant) whereas on the uk.gov website it says " If your partner or child is applying at a different time to you (they’re applying separately) they only need to prove they have money to support themselves".

Errors in the letter: The underlined account number is neither mine nor that of my wife, her application date was 10th of September not 13th.
[/color]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fabulous147(m): 7:43pm On Jan 23, 2022
Where in huddersfield is it HD1?
sniperaz:
I have a flat to share with anyone interested in Huddersfield. Rent is 250 per month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Damatik: 7:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
So sorry to hear this, please, was the money still in your sponsor ( main applicant) account for the statement period asked for?

ELIZABET:
Hello good people.

[/color]

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ShalewaT: 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
DuBooVay:
Which lagos tls? Vi is better than ikeja. Yes its safe to use priority
Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ShalewaT: 7:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
ridwanadedapo:
Have you submitted your application already? If yes, You can’t change. If No, you can go ahead and use priority.

I have submitted and have a date for Thursday, but he said I can still pay 220 pounds to get priority as long as I haven't done the biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Resurgent2016: 7:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
ShalewaT:

I have submitted and have a date for Thursday, but he said I can still pay 220 pounds to get priority as long as I haven't done the biometrics

Would payment priority be made at the Tls center or is it done online?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by handstayo: 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
ELIZABET:
Hello good people.

[/color]

I think you are the one that makes a big mistake... I learnt this from a friend of mine that took he's wife in last year ending... what he did was to source for fund for his own POF and also for the dependent POF.. because he's not up to a year in UK... what disqualified you was because your sponsor POF is not available... it's compulsory for your sponsor to provide he's or her own POF also...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2022
Resurgent2016:

Would payment priority be made at the Tls center or is it done online?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Correct. But why did he tell you before that it wasnt possible
ShalewaT:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by handstayo: 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
handstayo:

I think you are the one that makes a big mistake... I learnt this from a friend of mine that took he's wife in last year ending... what he did was to source for fund for his own POF and also for the dependent POF.. because he's not up to a year in UK... what disqualified you was because your sponsor POF is not available... it's compulsory for your sponsor to provide he's or her own POF also...

My advice is let your wife source for people over there that can give her money to put in her pounds account now while u can start administrative review during those period u can submit her pounds account for her own POF...
Or u reapply and start the application again.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 8:17pm On Jan 23, 2022
ELIZABET:
Hello good people.

[/color]

Sorry to hear about this. But from the letter it shows that your wife’s balance is below N1k. This is obviously the reason why you were denied. It would be concluded that you guys are using the same funds. You can apply for the AR if you can show that your wife still has the fund she show during her own application. Maybe in her pounds account or otherwise.

Thanks for posting this. It would allow us learn.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ShalewaT: 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2022
DuBooVay:
Correct. But why did he tell you before that it wasnt possible
He didn't say it wasn't possible. He said the priority service wasn't available yet as at yesterday when I asked him. It only just came up very late last night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
kennykale:

Aproko mama. Ppl just like wahala. She Dey on her own.

Asin can you imagine they will just open moniker and start insulting me. I am not even following the thread sef.

A grown adult for that matter. If you ask him what the problem is he won't be able to talk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 8:35pm On Jan 23, 2022
Okay thanks ShalewaT for the feedback. It has been helpful
ShalewaT:

He didn't say it wasn't possible. He said the priority service wasn't available yet as at yesterday when I asked him. It only just came up very late last night

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
elenengine:
@justwise @kannykale @luchybianca.
When can someone switch from dependant Visa to tier 2.
If it actually successful, is that person still subjected to the main applicant that brought him In into the UK.
How can it be done.

You can switch anytime you have a job with sponsorship, you are not subjected to the main applicant the moment you switched to a different visa type

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
efosakelly:

705 for the 2 years or is the 705 monthly?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kimberx: 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
Elynxx08:
Please I'm new here, anyone to put me through on the neccesary documents to have before starting my application, my international passport is delaying and I have every other documents ready.

I went through the same experience without my passport, I just got it last Friday to fulfil offers
I can help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 8:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
Edwosa:

So, correct me if I'm wrong

Does it mean that my IHS fee will be
£705 x 24?

In this regards, IHS fee is will be more than 2 years.
I will advice you to wait for your CAS letter, your course end date will be on your CAS letter with the placement inclusive.
that is what you will use to calculate your IHS fee.
My course is 12 months and 3 months placement. i got a CAS that stated my course end date as JAN 31, 2023 the IHS fee was 705 GBP
few days later i received an updated CAS , Course end date has changed from JAN 31, to MAY 31, as a result IHS fee changed from 705 to 940.
I had to cancel my Visa application and submit a fresh one because i have not done biometric at the time. an still waiting a refund Oh.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ELIZABET: 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
I used my account for the POF.
Do they expect my wife to have are fund in her account from September to January? Won't she pay school fee and accomodation?

Besides, they are still quoting the full amount she needs as If she is still in Nigeria.

In the application, it was pointed out that she is in the UK with her BRP card as proof.

Some people that have applied and gotten their visas used the spouse's account who is still in Nigeria for POF.

I 1
kennykale:

Sorry to hear about this. But from the letter it shows that your wife’s balance is below N1k. This is obviously the reason why you were denied. It would be concluded that you guys are using the same funds. You can apply for the AR if you can show that your wife still has the fund she show during her own application. Maybe in her pounds account or otherwise.

Thanks for posting this. It would allow us learn.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oggg: 9:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
ELIZABET:
I used my account for the POF.
Do they expect my wife to have are fund in her account from September to January? Won't she pay school fee and accomodation?
Besides, they are still quoting the full amount she needs as If she is still in Nigeria.
In the application, it was pointed out that she is in the UK with her BRP card as proof.
Some people that have applied and gotten their visas used the spouse's account who is still in Nigeria for POF.
then reapply and show them another account belonging to your wife with same October to January dates showing that the money was still in another acct. shebi it is kuku simple if you did not duplicate funds. This acct they said tht belongs to yoir wife has only 600 naira in it. At least show them another acct with the going out and in for 4 months she has stayed there.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ELIZABET: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
Damatik:
So sorry to hear this, please, was the money still in your sponsor ( main applicant) account for the statement period asked for?

You know my wife has spent about two months in the UK at the time we applied. Would they expect her to still have the money in a Nigerian bank account?

The point is I am allowed to use my own money as POF for the dependant application according to their website.

"If your partner or child is applying at a different time to you (they’re applying separately) they only need to prove they have money to support themselves"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by soccerpipe(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2022
Vnblock:

Send mail to applyinternational@chester.ac.uk

All my conditions have been met.
Expecting uncondtional this week.

Please what's their initial deposit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ELIZABET: 9:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Oggg:
then reapply and show them another account belonging to your wife with same October to January dates showing that the money was still in another acct. shebi it is kuku simple if you did not duplicate funds. This acct they said tht belongs to yoir wife has only 600 naira in it. At least show them another acct with the going out and in for 4 months she has stayed there.

Sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.