Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,796 members, 7,827,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (1000) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1270591 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by rexericx(m): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
ShalewaT:
I want to change my visa application from standard to priority. I have read it takes 5 days to get visa approval, my worry now is my centre is in lagos. I don't like what I've been reading about their standard application process times, they seem slower than Abuja.

Is it safe to apply for priority with the hope that I'll be attended to within the time frame of 5 days?

If you have not done biometric, you can get priority, j just did for a classmate

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
I had to do some research for you. The issue is that after two months, they dont expect your wife to have spent all the money so the remainder ought to be in a bank in her name most likely in the uk. I could be wrong pls, ive just trying to figure what went wrong
ELIZABET:

You know my wife has spent about two months in the UK at the time we applied. Would they expect her to still have the money in a Nigerian bank account?

The point is I am allowed to use my own money as POF for the dependant application according to their website.

"If your partner or child is applying at a different time to you (they’re applying separately) they only need to prove they have money to support themselves"

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ShalewaT: 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2022
rexericx:

If you have not done biometric, you can get priority, j just did for a classmate
Is there assurance that visa will be out by 5 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
ShalewaT:

No assurance but most likely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Damatik: 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
It is well. I think they are concerned about duplication of funds that is, yout sponsor didn't transfer her money to you to support your application. That's is why they said "in addition" to her own fund, you must also have. They also claimed that none of the statement submitted has overlapping dates, which would have proved that money were in both statement at the same time. And that's why they asked for statement ending on November for your sponsor.

If you can prove that the money is in her pounds account, then you can reapply.
ELIZABET:

You know my wife has spent about two months in the UK at the time we applied. Would they expect her to still have the money in a Nigerian bank account?

The point is I am allowed to use my own money as POF for the dependant application according to their website.

"If your partner or child is applying at a different time to you (they’re applying separately) they only need to prove they have money to support themselves"

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
Better than using standard oh!
ShalewaT:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by yusufabayomio(m): 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2022
I can help. If it can be delivered to my address this week.

Gbemi58:
Please who’s coming into the UK anytime soon.(Manchester to be precise). My wife forgot her wig in Lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AnaCheks(m): 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
Page 1000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
ELIZABET:
I used my account for the POF.
Do they expect my wife to have are fund in her account from September to January? Won't she pay school fee and accomodation?

Besides, they are still quoting the full amount she needs as If she is still in Nigeria.

In the application, it was pointed out that she is in the UK with her BRP card as proof.

Some people that have applied and gotten their visas used the spouse's account who is still in Nigeria for POF.

I 1

I have read all your responses to ppls concerned response. Well the issue here is that they feel that you guys are duplicating funds as there is no funds available in your wife’s account. For your AR you will need to show funds in any account with your wife’s name between the period she has been in the uk, this will make the process easy.

Thanks for sharing once again

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DuBooVay(f): 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
People way de japa fit get good offer for am
kennykale:

Is there lekki in the uk now?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cyrusmillz: 10:39pm On Jan 23, 2022
Sholly021:
plssss can you send me your email address so we can exchange contacts..I also got conditional offer from university of Wolverhampton, yet to get unconditional offer

I don't think I'm going with them. I can't meet their conditions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Edunrybaba: 10:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
What is happening to Lagos TLS Ikeja o. We have not heard or seen any update on Jan application o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by congressman101: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
Helloo for people flying Virgin Atlantic
Please what’s the price for overweight bag in MM airport and mode of payment ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Holarr1: 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
I will collect my second covid vaccine jab tomorrow (Monday) and my flight is on the following Monday. Do I fill the Passengers locator form as fully vaccinated? Or I have to wait 14 days after second jab before I can consider myself as fully vaccinated? I’m going with Qatar Airways. Please help!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by yusufabayomio(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2022
You're considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your 2nd jab

Holarr1:
I will collect my second covid vaccine jab tomorrow (Monday) and my flight is on the following Monday. Do I fill the Passengers locator form as fully vaccinated? Or I have to wait 14 days after second jab before I can consider myself as fully vaccinated? I’m going with Qatar Airways. Please help!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Funke894: 11:48pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hello house

I got 2 mails from TLS that my travel documents re ready from collection.

I am anxious. How do I know if visa was approved
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 12:04am On Jan 24, 2022
Funke894:
Hello house

Until you open your passport

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ademiju262: 12:10am On Jan 24, 2022
Amen
I am also waiting to hear from them this week
I didn't my biometric on the 7th of jan TL Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by divine128: 12:34am On Jan 24, 2022
kennykale:

I really appreciate thanks

Football age. You can use the print out that doesn’t show your age. What they need is your English language grade
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by NemB: 12:37am On Jan 24, 2022
Apply for a review. They made mistakes

ELIZABET:
Hello good people.

I just received a refusal mail this hot Sunday afternoon from Sheffield, UK.

I used my Bank statement to apply for dependant Visas for myself and two children under 16 years. My wife is already 4 months into her studies.

Account statement was 28 days (2nd of October to 30th). fund was more than the required amount in my account for me and two children.

NSF mail 11th and 14th of January

Asked for my wife's account (I don't know why but I thought it was to check for fund duplication and it was clear there wasn't) 14th of Jan.

Paid mail sent on the 20th (Reply said decision made)

Decision letter today 23th of January.

Please see attached screenshot for reason(s)

I have asked people who got there dependant visas approved, I believe I followed the rules.
The ECO quoted an amount that included the the maintenance fee + tuition for my wife and only on dependant (as if she is still in Nigeria and only traveling with one dependant) whereas on the uk.gov website it says " If your partner or child is applying at a different time to you (they’re applying separately) they only need to prove they have money to support themselves".

Errors in the letter: The underlined account number is neither mine nor that of my wife, her application date was 10th of September not 13th.
[/color]

Anyone with related experience or insight? way forward please.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by rexericx(m): 12:37am On Jan 24, 2022
Funke894:
Hello house

When was your biometric?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SaYinks: 12:40am On Jan 24, 2022
justwise:
More update will appear here.........

https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

please kindly help with universities with low tution fee and with work permit. I'm a science student, Bsc. Zoology. I'll like to proceed with my masters in UK. Please endeavour to guide me through. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by NemB: 12:41am On Jan 24, 2022
About 150 pounds. Can't remember exactly. Check their site

congressman101:
Helloo for people flying Virgin Atlantic
Please what’s the price for overweight bag in MM airport and mode of payment ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 12:44am On Jan 24, 2022
ELIZABET:

Errors in the letter: The underlined account number is neither mine nor that of my wife, her application date was 10th of September not 13th.
[/color]

Anyone with related experience or insight? way forward please.

I actually just noticed this part. Apply for your AR fast but make sure you can present the funds for your wife’s application when asked to. It will not be the complete funds as she has been in the uk but a reasonable amount should be in her account that can be shown as evidence that it is not a duplicated fund

Goodluck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Godbless55: 1:10am On Jan 24, 2022
Can you check ur email, lets talk I applied to the same school and d same course

Urrch:
Please any review on the University of Lincoln? I was admitted there. Agri-food Technology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sunnepa50: 1:38am On Jan 24, 2022
kennykale:

Is there lekki in the uk now?
Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dulux07(m): 2:22am On Jan 24, 2022
Urrch:
Please any review on the University of Lincoln? I was admitted there. Agri-food Technology
Did you undergo any interview before you were given admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Igbamatigbi: 4:15am On Jan 24, 2022
NemB:
Apply for a review. They made mistakes

Sorry about the refusal. Your wife's application was 10th September and your application was in October that's about one month plus in between application. From what date to what date did they ask for her statement again?

Apply for administrative review God will help you. It is well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.