Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Who Is A Communist? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Communist? (3642 Views)

I Hope Apc Is Not A Communist-like Movement! / Oswald, Communist Agent Murdered Kennedy, US President In Texas…secret Plot / How Tribes Will Contribute If Nigeria Turns Into A Communist State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Communist? by LoveKing(m): 8:32pm On May 19, 2011
I've been looking for radical ways of change then i found communism. But i really dont understand it. Can someone tell me?
What is communism?
Why do people hate communism?
Who are known communists in nigeria?
Will communism change nigeria for worse or good?
Re: Who Is A Communist? by ektbear: 8:45pm On May 19, 2011
about 30 or 40 years late, bro
Re: Who Is A Communist? by Ikengawo: 1:00am On May 20, 2011
communism in theory is the dictatorship of the poor.

in a communist government, the government controls everything, all businesses, all trades, all education, all people, and most importantly all land, all money, and all means of production (mines and factories)

it then distributes the wealth evenly so that everyone gets a fair share. There's not market competition, and there's no such a thing as rich and poor, everyone is equal, can't go up or down.

in true communism the 'state' doesn't exist, therefore nigeria would be abolished. 'culture' is also abolished as well because communists believe its a set of primitive means the rich use to control the poor

religion would be silenced or ended
tribal cultures and practices would be ended

such a thing would NEVER come close to even seeming like a good idea in nigeria because nigerians value money, religion and their culure more then anything in the world and those are the only 3 things you can get a migerian to die for. also, no communist government has been successful. the lack of growth causes economies to collapse and instead of everyone being equal, everyone is extremely poor except memebrs of the communist party who are extremely rich and powerful and there's no challenging them.
Re: Who Is A Communist? by EzeUche2(m): 1:10am On May 20, 2011
Dictatorship of the poor doesn't sound too good for me. It actually sounds like Hell.

I rather have a Meritocracy.

(1) (Reply)

Shell Accepts Responsibility For Oil Spills In Ogoniland / CHANNELSTV: Statistics Prove Buhari's Winning Chance / Pic:Buhari's Act Of Humility At Nigerian Airport B4 Travelling To Uk(A MUST SEE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.