Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Popular Nigerian Foods That Are Dangerous To Your Health - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Popular Nigerian Foods That Are Dangerous To Your Health (830 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Popular Nigerian Foods That Are Dangerous To Your Health by Akinblogdotcom: 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2021
Nigerians prepare their meals in a manner that makes them taste nice. There are many popular Nigerian foods that you probably grew up eating and are still prepared by your family today.

One of the advantages of Nigerian cuisine is that you don’t need an expensive ingredient to prepare a very delicious meal.

However, not all Nigerian cuisines are good for your health so here are 7 popular Nigerian foods that can have a negative impact on your body.

1. Fried Plantain
Fried plantain tastes great and is one of the favourites for all ages in Nigeria.

It can be used as a component for dozen of dishes such as rice, beans, indomie, potato, and many others.

However, frying plantain in a great quantity of oil makes it a far less healthy dish than it should be.

This is because Plantain has a large amount of sugar that can result in more serious side effects.

In a healthy way, use plantain in your cooking by boiling it or grilling it with little oil.

2. White Rice
Everybody in Nigeria loves eating rice, in fact, is considered one of the common staples in Nigerian cuisine.

White Rice can be served with all kinds of sauces and it’s the major component of another Nigerian classic, Jollof rice, and fried rice.

Generally, Rice can be good in moderation, but consuming it every day means you are storing your body with refined carbohydrates which are not really good for your health and can lead to unwanted weight gain.

READ MORE ..... https://www.akinblog.com/popular-nigerian-foods-that-are-dangerous-to-your-health/
Re: Popular Nigerian Foods That Are Dangerous To Your Health by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
Teacher no teach me nonsense.

The way you portrayed this article seems misleading, you say these foods are dangerous to one's health yet you go on to give a somewhat forewarning of how it could be dangerous depending on how they are cooked rather than the generally themed display of "Foods that are dangerous", that's quite journalistic grin, my guy chow is chow, if you like chow chow am.
My forefathers have been eating this way, some even lived longer than those who didn't.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Potato Swallow Recipe / Where In ABUJA Can I Have A Mouth-watering Pepper-soup - Tmamat Pepper �️ Soup. / I'm Baking A Cake Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.