Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,392 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum (1186 Views)

Gloria Okolie: Court Grants Bail To ‘ESN Operative’s Girlfriend’ Detained By IRT / Gloria Okolie Is A Member Of IPOB/ESN, A Spy Girl - Police Speak On Arrest / Glory Okolie Detained By IRT Officers (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mrs Virgina Okolie, the mother of 21-year-old Glory Okolie, arrested and detained by operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team, said her daughter’s detention has cost her means of livelihood.

Virgina, a 65-year-old widow, who sells yam, told City Round that her capital was part of N280,000 policemen allegedly collected from the family so far regarding the case.

IRT operatives in Imo State had reportedly apprehended Glory alongside a motorcyclist, Izuchukwu Okeke, on June 17 to track down a suspected member of the Eastern Security Network said to be her boyfriend.

She was allegedly turned into a ‘maid,’ washing clothes and cooking food at the IRT office in Owerri, before she was later moved to the unit’s headquarters in Abuja.

In the wake of outrage generated by her story which went viral, the IG, Usman Baba, reportedly ordered investigation into the alleged unlawful detention.

A rights activist and Director General, Behind Bars Initiative, Harrison Gwamnishu, who posted Glory’s unlawful detention on Facebook had said the police promised to release her on Friday (yesterday) after a committee set up by the IG had concluded the investigation.

But neither Glory nor Okeke was released on Friday.

Glory’s mother told our correspondent on the phone on Thursday that her daughter’s plight had impacted negatively on her (Virgina’s) health and paralysed her business.

She said, “I have been sick and weak because I can’t see my daughter. I have been going to the hospital to receive treatment. I am a widow and hawk fried yam.

“I have spent all the money I have just to make sure she comes out. Her father died a long time ago and I am the one taking care of her and her siblings. She did not commit any offence yet they are extorting money from us.”

Glory’s uncle, Christian Okolie, said the policemen had collected N280,000 in bribes so far and demanded additional N100,000 to free the young lady.

Christian, whom Glory lives with at Obor community, Umutanze, in the Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State, said she went out that day after receiving a call from one Uzoma.

He said, “Glory was arrested on June 17, four days after she celebrated her birthday. Her phone rang and it showed a call from one Uzoma. She left and promised to return soon but she didn’t. We kept calling her but she said she was coming. The following day, we called her again and she kept saying she was coming; not knowing that the police were holding her captive.”

Christian said the family became more worried and feared she had been kidnapped when her mobile could no longer be reached on the third day.

He stated that they searched for Glory everywhere, including mortuaries, and later approached a senior officer at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Owerri, for help.

He recalled, “I went to the SCIID with a colonel. A senior officer we met there said the only way to find her is to track her phone. They collected N50,000 to track her phone. After a few days, I went back there and was told that her phone had been tracked to Tiger Base – IRT office in Owerri.

“I wanted to go there but the officer cautioned me. He said the place is dangerous. I returned home and told my family what happened. A week later, a resident of our community, Izuchukwu Okeke, who was missing, came back. He said he was arrested alongside Glory. He said he was carrying her on his motorcycle when policemen stopped them at gunpoint and led them into a vehicle.”

Christian said the policemen invited Okeke to their office to retrieve his seized motorcycle but rearrested and detained him for disclosing Glory’s whereabouts to the family.

He stated, “I went to Tiger Base several times to see Glory. Whenever I wanted to ask her what her offence was, the policemen would interrupt me. There was a day they wanted to detain me too. It was the military officer who went with me that stopped them. In one of my visits, I saw her washing clothes.

“The officer later told me that one of the policemen confided in him that Glory is a boyfriend of an ESN member and that they used her to arrest the suspect. Our question is why did they refuse to release her after arresting the suspect?”

Christian said while Glory was in IRT custody in Imo, a policeman called her mother and told her the lady was sick, allegedly demanding some money so she could be released.

He added, “The caller said they would release her to us and use another person to replace her in the cell. In the background, we heard him asking for handcuffs. He sent us an account number where we can send the money to. We first sent N30,000; then N200,000 and another N50,000, making N280,000.

“Afterwards, a woman at the IRT office told me that she would help Glory because she didn’t commit any offence. The woman asked us to pay N100,000 so that they would change Glory’s statement. It was on Monday, August 9, that we learnt she had been transferred to the IRT office in Abuja.”

A police officer, who is privy to the case, confided in our correspondent that Glory had not been released because the police were still gathering facts about the case. The officer was evasive about when the lady would be released, but simply said “the police will speak on the case at the right time.”

The Force Public Relations Officer, CP Frank Mba, promised to find out details of the case and get back to our correspondent with comments. He had yet to do so as of press time.

https://punchng.com/my-proceeds-part-of-n280000-collected-by-irt-to-free-my-daughter-yam-hawking-mum-of-lady-in-detention/

1 Like

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2021
This is not the same Nigerian Police Force(NPF) my grandfather worked for that has now turned to national criminal gang in uniforms.

11 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2021
This country sha

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by NwaNimo1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
southniyikaye:
This country sha
And I thought after the ENDSARS protests against their human rights abuses they will turn a new leaf cry

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Freestainworld(m): 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Please they should release Glory oooo, I didn't say they should release cum inside Gloryoo.
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Bola146(f): 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
shocked Insult me I don't care, all I know is that 90% of these men are already cursed! I pity their innocent wives and children! Heartless souls lipsrsealed

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by ojun50(m): 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2021
And so people go say pray for this country
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2021
ojun50:
And so people go say pray for this country
shocked
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Saao(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
This is not the same Nigerian Police Force(NPF) my grandfather worked for that has now turned to national criminal gang in uniforms.
sorry to inform you that, these present ones learned work from your granddad time, your grandfather maybe different but police was and is a police, the only difference between now and then is ease in getting information.

4 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by FakeUnity: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2021
This girl head strong, her 'chi' is alive that's why Abba kyari is in hot water and his atrocities are emerging. grin

I learnt that Abba kyari raped many girls he kept in his cell for sexual pleasure including this innocent girl... FBI should take note.

7 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
Saao:
sorry to inform you that, these present ones learned work from your granddad time, your grandfather maybe different but police was and is a police, the only difference between now and then is ease in getting information.
A fish head rots from the top and so did Intelligence Response Team (IRT) that used to be headed by the now suspended Abba Kyari that turned the institution to a tailor shop and pay per go for the likes of Hushpuppi.

3 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by gidgiddy: 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Glory Okolie is just one of the many stories of how Abba Kyari and his IRT came to Imo state to commit many crimes against innocent people. Under the guise of looking for ESN, Abba Kyari and IRT extra-judicially killed many people, burnt houses, indiscriminately arrested people, tortured them then shipped them off to Abuja where they were made to pay up to N1 million before they were released

God punish Abba Kyari and Hope Uzodimma

12 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by ObiOfOnistha: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2021
Quite unfortunate and worrisome

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Veqtor: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2021
The poor always suffer unjustly in the hands of ds terrorists in uniforms. If the girl were to be d daughter of a wealthy politician, the reverse would have been the case.

3 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2021
Veqtor:
The poor always suffer unjustly in the hands of ds terrorists in uniforms. If the girl were to be d daughter of a wealthy politician, the reverse would have been the case.
What I hate about the failed state unequal treatment due to status.

5 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 22, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Quite unfortunate and worrisome
100%

2 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by efigreat: 1:24am On Aug 22, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Mrs Virgina Okolie, the mother of 21-year-old Glory Okolie, arrested and detained by operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team, said her daughter’s detention has cost her means of livelihood.

Virgina, a 65-year-old widow, who sells yam, told City Round that her capital was part of N280,000 policemen allegedly collected from the family so far regarding the case.

IRT operatives in Imo State had reportedly apprehended Glory alongside a motorcyclist, Izuchukwu Okeke, on June 17 to track down a suspected member of the Eastern Security Network said to be her boyfriend.

She was allegedly turned into a ‘maid,’ washing clothes and cooking food at the IRT office in Owerri, before she was later moved to the unit’s headquarters in Abuja.

In the wake of outrage generated by her story which went viral, the IG, Usman Baba, reportedly ordered investigation into the alleged unlawful detention.

A rights activist and Director General, Behind Bars Initiative, Harrison Gwamnishu, who posted Glory’s unlawful detention on Facebook had said the police promised to release her on Friday (yesterday) after a committee set up by the IG had concluded the investigation.

But neither Glory nor Okeke was released on Friday.

Glory’s mother told our correspondent on the phone on Thursday that her daughter’s plight had impacted negatively on her (Virgina’s) health and paralysed her business.

She said, “I have been sick and weak because I can’t see my daughter. I have been going to the hospital to receive treatment. I am a widow and hawk fried yam.

“I have spent all the money I have just to make sure she comes out. Her father died a long time ago and I am the one taking care of her and her siblings. She did not commit any offence yet they are extorting money from us.”

Glory’s uncle, Christian Okolie, said the policemen had collected N280,000 in bribes so far and demanded additional N100,000 to free the young lady.

Christian, whom Glory lives with at Obor community, Umutanze, in the Orlu Local Government Area of Imo State, said she went out that day after receiving a call from one Uzoma.

He said, “Glory was arrested on June 17, four days after she celebrated her birthday. Her phone rang and it showed a call from one Uzoma. She left and promised to return soon but she didn’t. We kept calling her but she said she was coming. The following day, we called her again and she kept saying she was coming; not knowing that the police were holding her captive.”

Christian said the family became more worried and feared she had been kidnapped when her mobile could no longer be reached on the third day.

He stated that they searched for Glory everywhere, including mortuaries, and later approached a senior officer at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Owerri, for help.

He recalled, “I went to the SCIID with a colonel. A senior officer we met there said the only way to find her is to track her phone. They collected N50,000 to track her phone. After a few days, I went back there and was told that her phone had been tracked to Tiger Base – IRT office in Owerri.

“I wanted to go there but the officer cautioned me. He said the place is dangerous. I returned home and told my family what happened. A week later, a resident of our community, Izuchukwu Okeke, who was missing, came back. He said he was arrested alongside Glory. He said he was carrying her on his motorcycle when policemen stopped them at gunpoint and led them into a vehicle.”

Christian said the policemen invited Okeke to their office to retrieve his seized motorcycle but rearrested and detained him for disclosing Glory’s whereabouts to the family.

He stated, “I went to Tiger Base several times to see Glory. Whenever I wanted to ask her what her offence was, the policemen would interrupt me. There was a day they wanted to detain me too. It was the military officer who went with me that stopped them. In one of my visits, I saw her washing clothes.

“The officer later told me that one of the policemen confided in him that Glory is a boyfriend of an ESN member and that they used her to arrest the suspect. Our question is why did they refuse to release her after arresting the suspect?”

Christian said while Glory was in IRT custody in Imo, a policeman called her mother and told her the lady was sick, allegedly demanding some money so she could be released.

He added, “The caller said they would release her to us and use another person to replace her in the cell. In the background, we heard him asking for handcuffs. He sent us an account number where we can send the money to. We first sent N30,000; then N200,000 and another N50,000, making N280,000.

“Afterwards, a woman at the IRT office told me that she would help Glory because she didn’t commit any offence. The woman asked us to pay N100,000 so that they would change Glory’s statement. It was on Monday, August 9, that we learnt she had been transferred to the IRT office in Abuja.”

A police officer, who is privy to the case, confided in our correspondent that Glory had not been released because the police were still gathering facts about the case. The officer was evasive about when the lady would be released, but simply said “the police will speak on the case at the right time.”

The Force Public Relations Officer, CP Frank Mba, promised to find out details of the case and get back to our correspondent with comments. He had yet to do so as of press time.

https://punchng.com/my-proceeds-part-of-n280000-collected-by-irt-to-free-my-daughter-yam-hawking-mum-of-lady-in-detention/

if the supercop is as reported to be that corrupt, what will the rest be. then the rest are partners in....

Nigeria police is like another country of its own. It operates own executive , legislative arm, judiciary arm. very powerful gang.
solve this riddle and see a new Nigeria where all can breathe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by FarahAideed: 1:48am On Aug 22, 2021
This case makes you know Nigeria doesn't have a president

1 Like

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 3:18am On Aug 22, 2021
FarahAideed:
This case makes you know Nigeria doesn't have a president
Every institution and fantastically corrupt politician doing as they please.

3 Likes

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by zolajpower: 3:19am On Aug 22, 2021
shocked
Miserable police men

1 Like

Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by headbasher96(m): 5:51am On Aug 22, 2021
Papa in the 90s wey uNa do police if u follow do this kind mumu with this people because I believe say Una time no be like this

But if u follow thunder go fire u o
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by headbasher96(m): 5:51am On Aug 22, 2021
Papa in the 90s wey uNa do police if u follow do this kind mumu with this people because I believe say Una time no be like this

But if u follow thunder go fire uvo
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by abeniagbon(m): 6:10am On Aug 22, 2021
This is also happening in Lagos now... Pho Alaba and Alagbado area Mosholashi side . Asking people to enter Sienna Bus with no Plate number... May God help us
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Racoon(m): 6:12am On Aug 22, 2021
So much injustice being perpetuated by government & many agencies of government across this cursed national.God succour you ma.
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by blackpanda: 6:25am On Aug 22, 2021
Police are the most corrupt institution in nigeria. But u can't blame them alone, the whole Nigerian system functions on corruption. You can be dpo or dig or aig without sorting the cabals. And once u get to that top, of course u have to recoup the money spent somehow!
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by joyandfaith: 6:27am On Aug 22, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

That was then.
Nigeria police force is criminal organization.
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by joyandfaith: 6:30am On Aug 22, 2021
efigreat:

if the supercop is as reported to be that corrupt, what will the rest be. then the rest are partners in....

Nigeria police is like another country of its own. It operates own executive , legislative arm, judiciary arm. very powerful gang.
solve this riddle and see a new Nigeria where all can breathe

If we don't kill police institution, it will kill Nigeria.
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
blackpanda:
Police are the most corrupt institution in nigeria. But u can't blame them alone, the whole Nigerian system functions on corruption. You can be dpo or dig or aig without sorting the cabals. And once u get to that top, of course u have to recoup the money spent somehow!
100%
Re: Gloria Okolie:IRT Collected N280k & Want 100k More To Free Her- Hawking Mum by Dymaco(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
Police keep twisting story. One day, I know everything will be over. One day everyone will go their various ways.

Nobody is talking because the police has already lied. He is girlfriend to an esn member yet you are collecting ransoms from their parents. For three months, she is now a chef for the irt squad. People buy into their lies because they hear esn.

One day, it is coming faster than you think. This country will divide. Seun, no delection of my posts can. if you like keep reporting my post, mark my words; Nigeria will divide one day

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Like For Real,Esn Can Design Rockets ? / Anambra Airport Ziegler Z6 Arrive From Germany. / Tinubu And Igbo Loyalty Towards Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.