Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,581 members, 7,958,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:05 AM

Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene (6476 Views)

Report Any Filling Station Selling Petrol Above N87 To DPR Here / Nigeria’s Gas Reserves To Last 79 Years – DPR / IPMAN Inaugurates Sale Of Kerosene At N50 Per Litre Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by MMM2(m): 1:21pm On May 20, 2011
hope so
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by edicolove: 1:31pm On May 20, 2011
GEJ is really an action man. I no regret to vote am at alllllllll!!!!!!!!

^^^ Word! He will shame every critic and send all these exiled Nairalanders back to their holes.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Rhino5dm: 1:50pm On May 20, 2011
No gain saying here that our president is tolotolo.
Thesame ediot that says he can't trim his cabinets and intentionally allow chopulation to continue is here confusing dundee's with a mere political statement.
Laughing will never end in nairaland.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Schrodinga(m): 2:15pm On May 20, 2011
Journalism 101: Don't read just the headlines.

Take time to read the whole artilce before making comments on a subject. GEJ is not ordering that prizes be crashed below economically possible levels. He is only making a move to curb the excesses of irresponsible stakeholders in the value chain (marketers, transporters, NNPC etc) who have been profiteering from the artificial prize increase. He has succeeded in passing the batton to those who are responsible for regulating product prizes. Some have made comments to suggest that he is making a dumb move. Read again and check who is really dumb

U make sense pal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Bensonite: 2:38pm On May 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

No gain saying here that our president is tolotolo.
Thesame ediot that says he can't trim his cabinets and intentionally allow chopulation to continue is here confusing dundee's with a mere political statement.
Laughing will never end in nairaland.

I think you are the greatest idiot for calling the President idiot. How are the two issues connected-one is constitutional and the other the common man on the street. You come to appear good here on NL when your siblings are suffering with scarcity of kerosine in the village. Your hate for GEJ can not let you reason for once. I never knew Nigerians can be unpatriotic calling a seating President unprintable names. I guess you are more intellingent than the rest of Nigerians.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Bensonite: 2:41pm On May 20, 2011
Bensonite:

I think you are the greatest IDIOT for calling the President IDIOT . How are the two issues connected-one is constitutional and the other the common man on the street. You come to appear good here on NL when your siblings are suffering with scarcity of kerosine in the village. Your hate for GEJ can not let you reason for once. I never knew Nigerians can be unpatriotic calling a seating President unprintable names. I guess you are more intellingent than the rest of Nigerians.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by DisGuy: 3:39pm On May 20, 2011
johnie:

If only most of us could get as much information about a subject as we can before we comment. Some comment after reading just the title of a thread or news report (some of which are very wild).

-------------------------------------

Cement price may drop as NNPC increases diesel supply to producers

UDEME AKPAN 20/05/2011 03:24:00

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has boosted the supply of diesel to support commercial production and distribution of cement in the country. The effort is directed at achieving the price reduction target handed down to cement manufacturers by President Goodluck Jonathan.

The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, who made this known yesterday at an interactive session with journalists in Lagos said the Kaduna, Warri and Port Harcourt refineries are presently processing commercial quantity of diesel. Cement producers had blamed increased production and transportation cost on the high price of cement which had reached N2,500 per 50 kilogramme bag, up from N1,600 a year ago, citing rising diesel price which had climbed from N120 per litre to N175 per litre. Alison-Madueke, who confirmed the availability of commercial stocks in the country, said: “Today, all the refineries are producing diesel as we are only importing a little.

We have a 22-day storage capacity, which is good.” She, however, said the inability of the government to control the entire process was a major constraint. According to her, “The problem is the retail end of it. We need to be able to control it. What we can control is the bulk outputs as we give it out at N40 per a litre for kerosene, but they are selling at more than N100 per litre.

AGO is fully deregulated. You have the right to make profit but you do not need to profiteer”. The minister, however, said that necessary directive had been issued to the NNPC and the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) to sanitise the situation as soon as possible. [b]She noted that though the country operates a free market economy, the Federal Government could not watch and fold its arms while innocent Nigerians go through hardship in accessing the vital cooking fuel due to the profiteering activities of some “middlemen”.

Allison-Madueke pointed out that: “Checks at the NNPC and its subsidiary, the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC), indicate that we have enough in terms of product sufficiency. Our investigation shows that kerosene has however, become scarce and selling at high price due to distribution problems caused by middlemen who have made it their vocation to profiteer from the product.” As a way out, the minister charged the managements of the NNPC and the DPR to bring to an end the ugly situation within the next few days.

Under the arrangement, the NNPC through its subsidiary PPMC will ensure that products are loaded out from the three refineries and the coastal jetties to all the nooks and crannies of the country while DPR has the mandate to activate compliance measures and all necessary control strategies to squelch the incidents of arbitrary pricing and sharp practices. Already, the NNPC has swung into action by increasing the volume of kerosene allocation from 10 million litres to record 12 million litres per day to guarantee that the country has enough kerosene. The 12 million is in excess of the estimated national consumption level of about 10 million litres per day.[/b]

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/12444.html

where were they when the price was climbing up? they were busy making their own on the side!

So the government didn't know to increase the amount of diesel in the market before ordering cement manufacturers to slash their prices
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On May 20, 2011
Could someone at least record the price of these commodites now . . . . so when they eventually do fall, we will know and maybe rejoice then. All I see is a making saying so much but we ought to learn to wait to see outcomes at least. grin
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by DisGuy: 3:48pm On May 20, 2011
no need o, we have nairaland we can always pull it up lol

What im guessing is the price of cement will go down for some months 2-3 months then everyone hail the phd holder, prices then creep up again as the real issues obviously hasn't be addressed.

We have a department responsible for regulation who needed to be told to do their job, i mean you wonder how the licenses of these so called marketers have never been suspended or withdrawn always blaming some invincible cabals. na only Jonathan dey see cabals?
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On May 20, 2011
That is why we need to track it, so we can show when 'furo adie' has been revealed. Add Graph put for effects
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by namdo(m): 5:03pm On May 20, 2011
all these noise makers abusing my presido are crazy idiots.

bottom line: let's see if the price of kero will not go down. The man knows naija better than you folks making cyber noise on NL from exile. come home and see if that is not the way to go. Theories don't work in dis society as it is today, , u hear?
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by DisGuy: 5:32pm On May 20, 2011
and all these bootlickers are fishermen!

why is abusing obj yaradua and the rest fun but criticising anything jonnie makes you sad?
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Could someone at least record the price of these commodites now . . . . so when they eventually do fall, we will know and maybe rejoice then. All I see is a making saying so much but we ought to learn to wait to see outcomes at least.  grin
A litre of kerosene officially is N50 but it is currently being sold at about 150 per litre.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Bensonite: 6:34pm On May 20, 2011
J12:

A litre of kerosene officially is N50 but it is currently being sold at about 150 per litre.

Why do you have to educate the Diasporas on the current price of kerosene. They are not in touch with their siblings in the village here in Nigeria. All they do is run to NL and theorise what will not work in Nigeria. @Kobo, why should we record the current price of kerosene when we know it in our hear?. That is why science and technology is based on practical.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Bensonite: 6:40pm On May 20, 2011
Dis Guy:

and all these bootlickers are fishermen!

why is abusing obj yaradua and the rest fun but criticising anything jonnie makes you sad?

If all your small/big head can do here is abuse leaders then fork, off. So anybody not agreeing with you are fishermen--- fisherman dont need someone like you sha.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On May 20, 2011
J12:

Add Location please because the price of commodities is not same everywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Add Location please because the price of commodities is not same everywhere in Nigeria.
My bedroom: N 135
My Kitchen: N 140
My Toilet: N 136
My backyard: N 150
_____ are you satisfied?
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by jmaine: 7:36pm On May 20, 2011
J12:

_____ are you satisfied?

Can those prize list be verified using google.com cos you will countered on that in lieu of your source cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On May 20, 2011
J12:

_____ are you satisfied?

None of those locations can be pinned on google maps. Sorry . . . . there is no need to make stuff up really
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by foscoarm(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]those guys insultin GEJ shld watch thier tongue the man is tryin his best, to make tins work, but jobless pple like u shld go hug transformer
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by jmaine: 8:27pm On May 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

None of those locations can be pinned on google maps. Sorry . . . . there is no need to make stuff up really

[size=16pt]So predictable cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by manny4life(m): 11:56pm On May 20, 2011
Another one again? No offense people but our dear president isn't doing something right. How can he order them to crash the prices of kerosene; what will be next? IMO, he is breaking the rules of Economics of demand and supply. How does he address future shortage? Does our president not have Economic and Policy Advisers on his cabinet team? Well I hope he knows what he's doing.

Bensonite:

Why do you have to educate the Diasporas on the current price of kerosene. They are not in touch with their siblings in the village here in Nigeria. All they do is run to NL and theorise what will not work in Nigeria. @Kobo, why should we record the current price of kerosene when we know it in our hear?. That is why science and technology is based on practical.

What and which science and technology is based upon practical? Please speculate on something you know about and something you can indeed prove; both science and technology largely depend on theoretics and applications to explain the practice. In math, when you take Calculus / Algerbra / Geometry / etc or engineering class, you first take a class (theory explaining how it should be) before heading to the Lab for practicals.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Nobody: 1:15am On May 21, 2011
Who ever is concerned with it kerosene they should just work on the reduction is what matters as it is most widely used by individual I suppose that it should be the cheapest and most available but the reverse is the case it is the one of the most expensive and very scarce as well.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On May 21, 2011
z.anthony:

Who ever is concerned with it kerosene they should just work on the reduction is what matters as it is most widely used by individual I suppose that it should be the cheapest and most available but the reverse is the case it is the one of the most expensive and very scarce as well.

Huh?
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Rhino5dm: 2:18am On May 21, 2011
Even after the so called order kerosine price is still climbing up zuma rock.

So, in a not shell the president has no power above the helm of affairs in those places or what?

May be we should PRAY and fast for those responsible to reduce the the price and renew their conscience. lol

let our NL in house moorons keep on justifying this daftness. We shall continue laughing.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by sley4life(m): 1:19pm On May 21, 2011
GEJ is delivering. Now those scu&ms that av been speaking sh!ts will swallow der tongue. Keep up d gud work Mr President
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Thatdave(m): 2:22pm On May 21, 2011
manny4life:

Another one again? No offense people but our dear president isn't doing something right. How can he order them to crash the prices of kerosene; what will be next? IMO, he is breaking the rules of Economics of demand and supply. How does he address future shortage? Does our president not have Economic and Policy Advisers on his cabinet team? Well I hope he knows what he's doing.

What and which science and technology is based upon practical? Please speculate on something you know about and something you can indeed prove; both science and technology largely depend on theoretics and applications to explain the practice. In math, when you take Calculus / Algerbra / Geometry / etc or engineering class, you first take a class (theory explaining how it should be) before heading to the Lab for practicals.

You are an idio.t! please accept it happiness.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by DisGuy: 4:02pm On May 21, 2011
sley4life:

GEJ is delivering. Now those scu&ms that av been speaking sh!ts will swallow der tongue. Keep up d gud work Mr President

na mouth them dey take deliver? wetin be the current capacity June don reach
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by manny4life(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2011
Thatdave:

You are an idio.t! please accept it happiness.

Who is this mofo? Not your fault, Nairaland welcomes all TOM D.I.C.K, and HARRY so use your 71st hour of fame and use it wisely.

Now you either answer the question or be quiet let people with better contributions express their opinions.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by namdo(m): 7:04pm On May 22, 2011
if u guys understood the level of indiscipline and lack of respect for rules and laws in naija, you would not be blaming GEJ for his current order in this issue. call home and be informed. grin
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by Rhino5dm: 8:20pm On May 22, 2011
No improvement yet? Shame on this lame asrs president.
Re: Fg Orders Dpr, Nnpc To Crash Price Of Kerosene by DisGuy: 12:46am On May 23, 2011
namdo:

if u guys understood the level of indiscipline and lack of respect for rules and laws in naija, you would not be blaming GEJ for his current order in this issue. call home and be informed. grin

who told you they are not home, do you have to be physically present in russia to know they are racist in russia? or you have to be in Aba to know how dirty it is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banks Make N124bn From E-transactions / Foreign Investors Withdraw N642bn From Stock Market / What Kind Of Business Can Someone Do With A Plot Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.