Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" (32206 Views)

French Troops Begin Withdrawal From Niger Republic / US Completes Evacuation Of Embassy In Afghanistan As Flag Went Down / 9/11 Attack: Biden Announces The Withdrawal Of U.S Troops From Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by YellowbaMoslem: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Shimran:

Clearly there is no compulsion in religion (not by me nor my Malam, but Qur'an, Q2, V256) forcing to follows a certain is nowhere to be found in Islam. (That is why we urge people to go back the original source)

For hisbah and co, it is body in Muslim Majority Areas ( democracy) to do anything I favour of Muslim there
Pretty sure they can't work in the south even though there is little % of Muslim

Abubakar Al-Bagdhaddi, The Founder of the most deadliest Terrorist organization (ISIS) was an Islamic scholar. He had a PHd in Islamic studies
Does it mean you know Islam better than him?

What about Pantami that supports Al-Qaeda.

Abubakar Shekau was an imam.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by goldman777: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Laurene:
grin grin grin grin... Cussing from now to eternity won't uplift the current woeful poverty-ridden state of your generation to come. Trump is living fine and better than your entire dynasty can ever think of. grin grin tongue tongue tongue
It's obvious you are a fool he can buy your entire generation and stupidity not mine I don't relate with hopeless kids like you with a phone because even your father will be afraid to talk to me it's unfortunate he gave birth to foolishness with no future insight as a son
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by messenger4891: 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
Sincerely imbecilic !
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by Kingpin1000: 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
YellowbaMoslem:
American soldiers can't be risking their lives to keep Afghanistan a circular state.

The way Taliban overtook kabul shows that Afghan Forces are covertly In support of Talibans, it was so easy.

Let them keep killing women and raping underage girls that have not even started seeing their menstruation in the name of Islam.

Can anything good ever come out of Islam?

MumuHamed (Chaos be upon his name) wherever you are (you are in hell fire anyway) may Demons continue to punish you for bringing this Ebola of a religion to mankind.
Seun and his bias MODs done ban you be that
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by Biglittlelois(f): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2021
efficiencie:

You can read right? In 18 months they have not lost a single soldier and whilst most agree that a withdrawal from Afghanistan is inevitable but withdrawing the way Biden did is the height of stupidity or outright madness...who pulls out their military before pulling out civilians? Who does that? Only a monumental idiot does that. Biden was so idiotic he was informed by his generals about the possible fall of the Afghan army but he refused to heed their Intel. Now the Taliban has access to the latest weaponry of the US. If in less than 300 days in office Biden can cause this much damage to the US and the world, then we can expect the US to go up in flames by the end of Joe Biden's presidency! Countries like Taiwan and Japan are likely already considering options other than depending on their ally US, why, because an Idiot-in-Chief is in the oval office.

You are in pains, get well soon

So because they've not had any loss in the last 18 months means we should overlook those that died

The U.S was 100% right to evacuate their military first since the afghan civilians were aiding and abetting the Talibans, why didn't they think twice before letting them take over easily? They want 100% Islamic rule, now they got it, if they can't pity themselves, no one should pity them, they should fight their own war.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by humilitypays(m): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2021
IMAliyu:

So, what would you suggest?
go and research what Chinese government are doing to their Muslims.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by Biglittlelois(f): 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
KingOdart:

American forces only lost 2400 soldiers

Even if it's just 5, they lost lives, that's the point.

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by Biglittlelois(f): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

Shut up

Illiterate. They didn't loose any hundred sof thousands of soldiers. All these uneducated peeps on this forum sef

You are the worse illiterate here, even if they lost just one person, they lost lives, that's the point.

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by Biglittlelois(f): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
deebrownneymar:

Was this your position when Trump was president or it’s because Sleepy Joe is receiving heat?

Who cares if it was Bush, Trump started the process, Biden completed it, what makes you think this is about party affiliation when it is about lives lost and trillions spent on a senseless war

2 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by dopedealer(m): 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
YellowbaMoslem:

How do you justify Following a religion that asks you to kill your neighbor that doesn't want to be a Muslim?

I hate Terrorists like you.

I am less concerned about the activities of Taliban
How would you feel if I spelt JESUS wrongly and also laid curses on him. Mind you , I also believe in Jesus who is also a prophet so my thinking and reasoning is still rational and logical not as shallow and dump as urs who does not understand that individual believe as a religious sect is different from the true religion . Learn Islam not about Taliban . Condemn Taliban not the religion or the prophet . I know you will still argue blindly , but I won't reply you again. . Pig !
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by Unbreakable007: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
If Bokoharam, Fulani herdsmen or Bandits take over Nigeria u guys will also blame US or any of our African nieghbouring countries.... Dumb people all over nairaland.

U.S president should reply the frustrated failure he defeated and removed from power Donald trump and the Mumu Tony bla bla bla in 3 words

"Send your Soldiers"

2 Likes

Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by EgunMogaji2: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
lexy2014:

How's that d fault of d US? What was d job of d president that ran away and his military? Did they do their jobs?

I look for solutions, not blames.

Have a nice day.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by LordReed(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
WaffenSS:

It's the threat of American military might that has led to its influence, and America has had to fight micro wars and proxy battles to keep that influence, including Vietnam, Korea, the Gulf Wars, Somalia, the Bay of Pigs, Afghanistan and the contra wars.

China may not be fighting any kinetic wars now but that's because it is creeping into places where American influence is receding because of isolationism.

The war between America and China may now not be thermal, but a showdown is inevitable because when one empire winds down, another rises to replace it and it's never always peaceful.

There is an inevitable military showdown between US and China even because of Taiwan, but also because the Chinese and Americans are complete polar opposites in everything, and just like the US flexed its military might to become dominant (including nuclear-bombing Japan simply to show off its new weapons of mass destruction) so also China must wield its big guns.

Why do you think Xi and Putin are spending so much on new weaponry?

I agree that American military interventions cemented their global dominance but that tactic is no longer effective. Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and now Afghanistan, a parade of failure. Why should they continue to expend resources, willpower and effort in a strategy that is producing failure after failure when proven strategies exist that will net the same results.

As for military showdown between China and the US being inevitable, I won't claim to be clairvoyant but I don't see it happening. I think the chances of that happening are at about 45%. China took over Hong Kong without firing a single shot. The Chinese are learning and putting to use strategies that don't require the use of overt military force and it is working. I think that if the Chinese want to take over Taiwan they won't use military force. They might employ the THREAT of military force to bring the Taiwanese government to a negotiating table.

China and Russia need to arm up because of the perceived threat of Western dominance and a mutual suspicion of each other not just of the US. I don't think it really factors into the Chinese drive towards increasing their global influence. If it was the strategy they were employing they would have began to acquire bases around the world but aren't doing that.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by deebrownneymar: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Who cares if it was Bush, Trump started the process, Biden completed it, what makes you think this is about party affiliation when it is about lives lost and trillions spent on a senseless war

Hypocrite
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by paddock: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
Future American presidents will be thanking Biden for this bold move, no matter how botched it seems. [color=#770077][/color]. How please?
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by lexy2014: 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I look for solutions, not blames.

Have a nice day.

theses were your exact words earlier:

I just don’t understand the urgency of the withdrawal leading to this clusterfuck with civilians falling off of USA military jets in midair

pls wheres the solution in those words? hows that different from blame?

meanwhile, u havent answered my questions:

How's that d fault of d US? What was d job of d president that ran away and his military? Did they do their jobs?
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by WaffenSS(m): 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
LordReed:

I agree that American military interventions cemented their global dominance but that tactic is no longer effective. Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and now Afghanistan, a parade of failure. Why should they continue to expend resources, willpower and effort in a strategy that is producing failure after failure when proven strategies exist that will net the same results.

As for military showdown between China and the US being inevitable, I won't claim to be clairvoyant but I don't see it happening. I think the chances of that happening are at about 45%. China took over Hong Kong without firing a single shot. The Chinese are learning and putting to use strategies that don't require the use of overt military force and it is working. I think that if the Chinese want to take over Taiwan they won't use military force. They might employ the THREAT of military force to bring the Taiwanese government to a negotiating table.

China and Russia need to arm up because of the perceived threat of Western dominance and a mutual suspicion of each other not just of the US. I don't think it really factors into the Chinese drive towards increasing their global influence. If it was the strategy they were employing they would have began to acquire bases around the world but aren't doing that.

Hong Kong was slated to be returned to Chinese rule and it was.

Taiwan is different because of the protectionist treaty with the US and being a democracy.

China is building its military juggernaut first before they acquire bases. They're giving us loans not just for economic gains. A time would come when we'll pay in kind. Something to counter Africom.

Their cozying up with US enemies lays bare their plans. They're even making friends with the Taliban.

The cyber warfare against the US is a prelude to conflict.

And as long as NATO exists, Russia and China will always oppose the western forces, which are nothing without the US.

However you cut it and slice it, military confrontation is near certain. Even if not direct warfare but certainly skirmishes and proxy wars.

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by ibuildstuff(m): 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
100% in agreement with a withdrawal but 100% in disagreement with the mode of withdrawal.
Which mode would have been better?
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by GardenOfGod(m): 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
Your thought is as good as mine cheesy
Popesuccess:
Is he not the one that made the agreement and set the timeline for withdrawer? This war is milking the US dry both in blood and cash. If they don't want the Taliban, they should rise and fight. You should wait for somebody to fight for you. And is a lesson to other other nations like Nigeria, we should protesting and running to the so called world power to help us, especially against this fulani bandits and terrorist, we should fight for ourselves. The US starts withdrawing and everybody just fold their hands and let the Taliban take over.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by GardenOfGod(m): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
Your thought is as good as mine grin
WaffenSS:

Trump has been an embarrassment since he was an embryo.

Besides, this debacle is as much his as Biden's.

Trump parleyed with the Taliban and committed the US to the withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by AK481(m): 1:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
YellowbaMoslem:
American soldiers can't be risking their lives to keep Afghanistan a circular state.

Now here lies the lie.
Since 2014 the US haven't lost any combatant in any significant portion,I am not certain they have.

Those present in Afghanistan were military engineers for jets and aircraft, drone engineers ,and trainers .

These are not combative role ,Afghans faced the taliban on the ground.

That pull out was a messy,who were they expecting to fly the drone and fix the humvees,control the sky?
Who exactly, the Afghans?
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by ibuildstuff(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
dopedealer:

How would you feel if I spelt JESUS wrongly and also laid curses on him. Mind you , I also believe in Jesus who is also a prophet so my thinking and reasoning is still rational and logical not as shallow and dump as urs who does not understand that individual believe as a religious sect is different from the true religion . Learn Islam not about Taliban . Condemn Taliban not the religion or the prophet . I know you will still argue blindly , but I won't reply you again. . Pig !
So does that give u the right to kill any one?
Because they insulted Mohamed.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by GardenOfGod(m): 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
Diverting from the issue at hand... Your thought is not as good as mine grin
obonujoker:

Another new monicker bro.... grin
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by ibuildstuff(m): 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
AK481:

Now here lies the lie.
Since 2014 the US haven't lost any combatant in any significant portion,I am not certain they have.

Those present in Afghanistan were military engineers for jets and aircraft, drone engineers ,and trainers .

These are not combative role ,Afghans faced the taliban on the ground.

That pull out was a messy,who were they expecting to fly the drone and fix the humvees,control the sky?
Who exactly, the Afghans?
Another reason for the pull out is that Biden need those Cash for minimum wage increase. He has been advocating for minimum wage increase so the money spent on the war will be diverted to something useful in America.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by laiperi: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
Tony Blair eh? He followed Bush into wars on false pretense.

He has respect for American bullies that shot from the hips.

So if Biden implementation is imbecilic, what was Trump's that committed to withdrawal in May without taking out US citizens, interpreters and aids.

Actually, Trump and his aid Miller frustrated their visa process to US to make sure they never leave and become dead meat for Taliban in exchange for no attack on US soldiers.

Tony Blair what do you or did you dare call Trump?
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by LordReed(m): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
WaffenSS:

Hong Kong was slated to be returned to Chinese rule and it was.

Taiwan is different because of the protectionist treaty with the US and being a democracy.

China is building its military juggernaut first before they acquire bases. They're giving us loans not just for economic gains. A time would come when we'll pay in kind. Something to counter Africom.

Their cozying up with US enemies lays bare their plans. They're even making friends with the Taliban.

The cyber warfare against the US is a prelude to conflict.

And as long as NATO exists, Russia and China will always oppose the western forces, which are nothing without the US.

However you cut it and slice it, military confrontation is near certain. Even if not direct warfare but certainly skirmishes and proxy wars.

Hong Kong was returned because the Chinese stood their ground without going into warfare for it.

I agree that there might be some proxy wars between China and the US but all out warfare I don't see. If the US is playing chess, China is playing checkers.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by EgunMogaji2: 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
ibuildstuff:

Which mode would have been better?

I take your question.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by EgunMogaji2: 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
lexy2014:

theses were your exact words earlier:

pls wheres the solution in those words? hows that different from blame?

meanwhile, u havent answered my questions:

I take your question.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by efficiencie(m): 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
Biglittlelois:

You are in pains, get well soon

So because they've not had any loss in the last 18 months means we should overlook those that died

The U.S was 100% right to evacuate their military first since the afghan civilians were aiding and abetting the Talibans, why didn't they think twice before letting them take over easily? They want 100% Islamic rule, now they got it, if they can't pity themselves, no one should pity them, they should fight their own war.

Wow. I didn't know you contracted Bidumb's illness... so it was 100% right for Bidumb to evacuate its military first before evacuating the civilians? So Afghans were aiding and abetting the terrorists and with this happening your personal lord and savior, Bidumb, could not see the need to evacuate the American civilians and alerting his western allies of his move first before evacuating the American military!?

It is so sad that there is no vaccine for stupidity!
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by YellowbaMoslem: 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
dopedealer:

Terrorism is to Muslims what BIAFRA is to Igbos.

Argue with your Terroristic ancestors.
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by YellowbaMoslem: 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kingpin1000:

Seun and his bias MODs done ban you be that

I didn't mention anybody's name ooh grin
Re: Tony Blair Describes The US Withdrawal From Afghanistan As "Imbecilic" by YellowbaMoslem: 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Shimran:

Why wouldn't you have the contradiction/confusion

Qur'an, despite been revealed in Arabic, the Arab can just read it and understand.

It was revealed in the duration of over 20 years. Battles, treaties and many occasions occurred.
Many of these verse you quoted regarding to killings were related to those occasions.

They were quoted out of context why not the confusion.

Provided that if I go to Kano State and say that mohakmed was a paedophile, and they would want to behade me for blasphemy... Then Islam remains a religion of Terrorists.

There was a day I was at a Motor park and about to travel.. a pastor was preaching about Jesus, and two Northern guys were vexing, and saying the pastor should stop calling Jesus, that he's not the son of God.

Everybody started laughing.... But if it was to happen in the North.. hmmmmm!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs / Speaker Lindsay Hoyle And Kemi Badenoch Clash In The House Of Common (Video) / 11 US Republican Senators To Challenge Biden’s Presidential Election Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.