Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother (861 Views)

Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho By Crack Squad Fails / Gofundme Page Opened For Sunday Igboho By Yorubas Abroad / BBC Interview With Sunday Igboho About Fulani Excesses In South West. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Islie: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
Governor Seyi Makinde’s elder brother, Barr. Muyiwa Makinde has offered insights into his brother’s strained relationship with embattled Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho,

Muyiwa, who is the Jagun Olubadan, stated Governor Makinde is making efforts to ensure Igboho regains freedom in Cotonou.

The Nation reports Igboho had once disclosed that the Governor commissioned his house in Soka area of Ibadan, which was razed in the early hours of Tuesday, in 2013.

He said: “Governor Seyi Makinde and I have been together for a long time. He commissioned my house that was razed by hoodlums in 2013 and also provided a 500kva transformer for my street.

“I supported him and campaigned for him during the 2019 governorship election in Oyo, I met him through former governor of Oyo State, Rasheed Ladoja.’’

In a teaser with Yoruba-based platform, Yoruba Tooto, obtained by The Nation, Muyiwa said: “If not that God saved Sunday Igboho, they wanted to kill him. They killed two persons in his house.

“If not that he escaped, if they had met him inside, they will kill him. They will frame it up that he engaged them in a gun duel, and put a gun in his hands.

“The love he (Seyi Makinde) had for Sunday Igboho did not diminish, and they are working underground to ensure that where he is in Cotonou, he is freed. We won’t lose focus, we will continue doing the best.”

Speaking on rumours about Makinde joining the APC, he said “Seyi Makinde can never join the APC, never. It is a rejected party.

“Ladoja is our father, he is a national hero, his politics is beyond Oyo state. He has instituted a good history, and he knows what the citizens are also saying about APC.

“The opposition in Oyo state are still pained, they are yet to get over shock of 2019.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/gov-makindes-relationship-with-sunday-igboho-by-elder-brother/

Lalasticlala
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by money121(m): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2021
Seen
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Ademola47(m): 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lip service.

Seyi Makinde and Ladoja are at loggerheads before the agitation for the balkanisation of Nigeria heightened.

Igboho, being a loyal 'boy' of Ladoja is by extension, maintaining a strained relationship with Makinde. The 7-day warranty he (Igboho) issued to the Fulani in January made it worse. Makinde saw the Fulanis as loyalists come 2023.

So how come Makinde is pushing for his freedom?
Theoretically and practically, Makinde is happy with Igboho's absence.

Igboho was also quoted as saying that Makinde commissioned his house in 2013. That was when he was lobbying for more supporters (he saw Igboho as 'instrument') and was stylishly being nice to him to displace the tough Ajimobi in the 2015 election.

When Gov. Makinde wanted to pick his 'political thug', he picked AUXILIARY and subsequently made him Motor Park System (equivalence of NURTW in Oyo) chairman. Reason being that he knew he would be very loyal since he had no living godfather.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Buckeyemedia1: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ademola47:
Ok
He will suffer in Republic du Benin, Mumu Secessionist, who didn’t know he was a pdp member? I guess they were wondering how long President Buhari will tolerate their sabotage of the system.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Asgard73: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2021
IGBOHO ... that one never see anything...

Simple disappear he no fit.. all mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by joyandfaith: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ademola47:
Lip service.

Seyi Makinde and Ladoja are at loggerheads before the agitation for the balkanisation of Nigeria heightened.

Igboho, being a loyal 'boy' of Ladoja is by extension, maintaining a strained relationship with Makinde. The 7-day warranty he (Igboho) issued to the Fulani in January made it worse. Makinde saw the Fulanis as loyalists come 2023.

Igboho was also quoted as saying that Makinde commissioned his house in 2013. That was when he was lobbying for more supporters (he saw Igboho as 'instrument') and was stylishly being nice to him to displace the tough Ajimobi in the 2015 election.

When Gov. Makinde wanted to pick his 'political thug', he picked AUXILIARY and subsequently made him Motor Park System (equivalence of NURTW in Oyo) chairman. Reason being that he knew he would be very loyal since he had no living godfather.

O see.
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Praxis758: 1:44am On Aug 23, 2021
That must be a stealth support that shouldn't/wouldn't be open to the outside so that the powe that be and opposition won't use it as a stain on GSM.

I'm not saying GSM shouldn't associate with Igboho openly, but widom demands that he does that with wisdom at a sensitive time like this
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Aufbauh(m): 4:33am On Aug 23, 2021
It beat my imagination for some people to think or insinuate that one powerful individual or group can negotiate the release of Sunday Igboho with Benin republic.
It is only their law that can free him, otherwise the negotiation for his release lay squarely with the Nigeria Government.

Country deals with country,and not with individuals or group nor region of a country.
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Monogamy: 4:35am On Aug 23, 2021
Na wash.

Igboho and Makinde are not on the same page..

Auxillary won't let that happen

Imagine, Igboho is already spending months behind bar in Benin republic, something he should have allowed the FG to take him in and add few months to that in Nigeria before gaining freedom.

Igboho, Ologbon do ri eja mu

1 Like

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Difrent: 5:48am On Aug 23, 2021
Where is igboho sef? E still dey for Benin republic?
Haba

Buhari really knows how to speak the Language they understand.
Because baba was forming democrat they thought it was weakness.....see how everybody couple the moment he started speaking their Language
Didnt know Buhari could speak yoruba and ibo.....see how he spoke to Lamidi and Dagboru in their languages
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by houseontherock: 5:59am On Aug 23, 2021
Ademola47:
Lip service.

There's more than meets the eye in politricks...never say never!
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:27am On Aug 23, 2021
Difrent:
Where is igboho sef? E still dey for Benin republic?
Haba

Buhari really knows how to speak the Language they understand.
Because baba was forming democrat they thought it was weakness.....see how everybody couple the moment he started speaking their Language
Didnt know Buhari could speak yoruba and ibo.....see how he spoke to Lamidi and Dagboru in their languages

This is why politicians allow you die like fowls,
While they party and merry,
They already know anybody that rises up to ask questions would be attacked by the oppressed masses!
That is why the only thing they fear is visa ban abroad, they know they have the brain of their fellow blacks in a bottle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by NumberGAS: 6:49am On Aug 23, 2021
Ok. Seen
Next thread
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by adefitim(m): 6:51am On Aug 23, 2021
Okay and so?
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Mayng01(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2021
Okay
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Difrent: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

This is why politicians allow you die like fowls,
While they party and merry,
They already know anybody that rises up to ask questions would be attacked by the oppressed masses!
That is why the only thing they fear is visa ban abroad, they know they have the brain of their fellow blacks in a bottle

So
Your emitional blackmail wont work with me....
How can you move from being a mercenary to being a smuggler to being a PDP thug to giving fulani herdsmen ultimatum then one day you woke up and say you want to take yoruba people out of Nigeria ....with which mandate?...

You are here defending a PDP thug pretending to be a freedom fighter....igboho is doing PDP bidding and not fighting for any yoruba nation...

1 Like

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by AroleOduduwa2: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2021
Some comment here are mind boggling. Igboho might be a thug or whatever you want to term him, but that doesn’t change the fact that his fight is genuine, asking a killer to leave your house is just. The level of inequality in this country has reached an all time high, yet people are shamelessly acting like everything is OK, like Herders doesn’t go above killing people and destroying properties with little to no repercussions.

All Yoruba’s should rise above party and religious affiliations, we should defend ourselves or else we will become a minority in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:19am On Aug 23, 2021
Hey Benue people said worse about Gana and handed him over to the govt to kill, now they wish they hadn't,
Igboho was doing awareness, going to YORUBA towns and villages to talk to people,
Not once has he been accused of killing anyone, or even harassing anyone, Infact he discouraged his followers insulting anyone,
You can try and justify the invasion of his house and the killings but know that we will all pay the price of being Nigerians!
That's a given,

PS: I'm always weary hating who the govt hates, since the govt already told us their plan from the beginning which is taking land by force

Difrent:

So
Your emitional blackmail wont work with me....
How can you move from being a mercenary to being a smuggler to being a PDP thug to giving fulani herdsmen ultimatum then one day you woke up and say you want to take yoruba people out of Nigeria ....with which mandate?...

You are here defending a PDP thug pretending to be a freedom fighter....igboho is doing PDP bidding and not fighting for any yoruba nation...
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Difrent: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
Hey Benue people said worse about Gana and handed him over to the govt to kill, now they wish they hadn't,
Igboho was doing awareness, going to YORUBA towns and villages to talk to people,
Not once has he been accused of killing anyone, or even harassing anyone, Infact he discouraged his followers insulting anyone,
You can try and justify the invasion of his house and the killings but know that we will all pay the price of being Nigerians!
That's a given,

PS: I'm always weary hating who the govt hates, since the govt already told us their plan from the beginning which is taking land by force

With which mandate i ask again?
He just woke up one day and decided to take yorubas out of Nigeria ? How ?
You sound just like igboho, doing PDP bidding and nothing else

1 Like

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2021
Difrent:

With which mandate i ask again?
He just woke up one day and decided to take yorubas out of Nigeria ? How ?
You sound just like igboho, doing PDP bidding and nothing else

Self determination is a fundamental human right of every citizen!
What silly mandate are you asking for?
Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by Difrent: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Self determination is a fundamental human right of every citizen!
What silly mandate are you asking for?
Should i be forced to accept your idea just because its a fundamental human right ? What happened to my own fundamental human right to say no to your idea.. so when did the yoarubas sat and gave igboho the mandate to take us out of Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Makinde’s Relationship With Sunday Igboho, By Elder Brother by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
Difrent:

Should i be forced to accept your idea just because its a fundamental human right ? What happened to my own fundamental human right to say no to your idea.. so when did the yoarubas sat and gave igboho the mandate to take us out of Nigeria?

Who forced anyone except the government here? I hope you can see how this Injustice is drowning the country!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Bandits Break Into Nigerian Defence Academy, Kill Officer, Kidnap / I Know It, I Know The Sponsors Of Fulani Herdsmen: Bishop David Oyedepo / Sowore Explains Why He Will Not Attend Brother's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.