Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife (4125 Views)

From Housemaid To House Wife: Woman Rejoice After She Was Upgraded To Wife / Do You Want A Career Woman Or A House Wife? / Pains Of A House Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Klass99(f): 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
smiley

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UDUJ(m): 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2021
Klass99:

There have been times when I was out of a job and broke. I wanted pineapples so bad but couldn't afford it, you know that cut pineapple for N50 aboki used to sellby the roadside? That's the and I couldn't afford it.

I recall reaching out to a childhood friend to ask for help (money/financial assistance) one time and he asked for my nudes. He even said, the quality of the nudes will determine how much money I will get.

I was going to start a new job and I needed money for transportation and a few work appropriate clothes, I initially asked for 40k and suggested he make it a loan, I'll pay back as soon as I can. Na so the guy change am for me and said Klass I can give you the 40k for free, not as a loan just send your nudes.

When I recall those moments of my life with the pineapple & nudes, I tell myself I never want to be caught up in such a place or situation again.

Lol cheesy grin cheesy, at the boldfaced. Thanks for the laugh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Klass99(f): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
smiley
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by pansophist(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2021
Even if there are disadvantages of being a housewife, the advantage outweighs the disadvantage if a woman marries a good man. The kind a man a woman should marry is one decision that a woman should never take likely, and must get it right.

But it's good for a woman to be able to make her own money, it's what responsible adult do.

6 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Raydans: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job on its own. Do you know what it means to take care of the kids, cook and tend to the home affairs? Do you understand the monotony that accompanies the role of a housewife? Do you know that being a housewife is more monotonous than your regular 9-5 job?

A housewife is a homemaker and as well a home manager. And if she's a competent and energetic one, that's perfect.

Do you understand that a HOUSEWIFE can as well make money from home too? Do you know some housewives live better and more quality lives than you that run the usual rat race of trying to meet up to society's standard of being a career and industrious woman?

In totality, this means that she is likely to have a better home than her counterparts who are always out of the home because she is always present at the home front and for the kids.

For me, there are no DISADVANTAGES.

Side note; you are allowed to have your opinion(s). Don't force yours on me or make me see reasons why your reasons are superior to mine. And if you say that housewives are being maltreated or cheated on, then Ataga's wife should have been adored and been made a monumental piece of worship by her husband. If you marry a man who's conscientious, kind and humane, you will know peace. Working-class or not, you will be disgraced and trampled upon by a man who doesn't understand how to treat a woman right. The advantages and disadvantages depends on the kind of man you married. Please, let people do whatever works for them.

Housewives dey and housewives dey, abek.
I think you should start first with yourself. Are you a full time housewife. And if you're not yet married, Are you aspiring to be one when you eventually settle down? Now be truthful to yourself.

The meaning of full-time houswife as you insinuated is one that is solely dependent on her partner for existence. Nothing more nothing less

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by missidy: 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
It leaves room for abuse and men take advantage of housewives a lot. That is why you have to choose your spouse well, don't go and marry a stingy man. But then no woman sets out to become a housewife, things change when a child is born. I used to bash housewives too until I realized it is not easy raising young kids. How do you leave for work in the morning especially in Lagos when your baby starts running temperature at night. Babies sickness always start at night. How do you trust a nanny with your child when you don't even know what they are doing to that child when you are not there?

Most men bashing housewives can't even stay with a toddler for one full day, they will run away from the house and return in the evening. Everytime my niece who is 1yr plus comes to the house I can't sleep until she is sleeping. If I just leave her to do something and look back, she has either picked a sharp object or is doing something mischievous. I'm always relieved when they come to pick her. You dare not sleep when your toddler is awake or else you will regret it. Or is it my friend that took care of her 2 nephews for the holidays and developed knee pains from stress. Nigeria is even better, you can get help. Look at your female friends abroad that have little kids, they can't work until the kids start school at 6yrs for US and 4yrs for UK. Their career takes the back seat for the first few years.

Finally, girls make sure you marry a generous man. A man that spends well on you while dating cos that is the same habit he will carry into marriage. So that if you have to stay at home and care for your young kids, you will not regret it. God bless my neighbor for spoiling his wife silly and respecting her despite being a housewife. Babe is always dressed on point, as he changed his car he also changed her own too. Everyone respects him for taking good care of his wife. Being a stay at home mom is for a period of time, it isn't forever.
No nairaland guy should quote me, read and pass.

10 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by suffering: 1:50am On Aug 24, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
The fact that a woman is a housewife doesn’t mean she is jobless and/or a liability as you people call it. Being a housewife is a job on its own. Do you know what it means to take care of the kids, cook and tend to the home affairs? Do you understand the monotony that accompanies the role of a housewife? Do you know that being a housewife is more monotonous than your regular 9-5 job?

A housewife is a homemaker and as well a home manager. And if she's a competent and energetic one, that's perfect.

Do you understand that a HOUSEWIFE can as well make money from home too? Do you know some housewives live better and more quality lives than you that run the usual rat race of trying to meet up to society's standard of being a career and industrious woman?

In totality, this means that she is likely to have a better home than her counterparts who are always out of the home because she is always present at the home front and for the kids.

For me, there are no DISADVANTAGES.

Side note; you are allowed to have your opinion(s). Don't force yours on me or make me see reasons why your reasons are superior to mine. And if you say that housewives are being maltreated or cheated on, then Ataga's wife should have been adored and been made a monumental piece of worship by her husband. If you marry a man who's conscientious, kind and humane, you will know peace. Working-class or not, you will be disgraced and trampled upon by a man who doesn't understand how to treat a woman right. The advantages and disadvantages depends on the kind of man you married. Please, let people do whatever works for them.

Housewives dey and housewives dey, abek.
Victoria, did you get my message?
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by ststyreal(f): 2:36am On Aug 24, 2021
greenie77:
A wife should be earning an income whether from home or outside, let her generate money tied to her own name as it provides a level of security.
Housewife get levels shaaa.... My friend a full house wife, bought a plot of land in her spinster name in warri and she has started to build on it without her husband's knowledge(she hope to put tenant there) but me wey dey rush comot for house in the morning no get 50k for account. Abeg, forget that thing, housewife get grade grin

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by greenie77: 3:05am On Aug 24, 2021
ststyreal:

Housewife get levels shaaa.... My friend a full house wife, bought a plot of land in her spinster name in warri and she has started to build on it without her husband's knowledge(she hope to put tenant there) but me wey dey rush comot for house in the morning no get 50k for account. Abeg, forget that thing, housewife get grade grin

Reason I posted "A wife should be earning an income whether from home or outside" because I know some stay-at-home mums who also work online from home as freelancers and 2 of them are transcribers with their clients in North America who they charge $36 per audio hour. Wherever a woman is, she should earn!
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by debbydams(f): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2021
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Layormiii(f): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
This lady in my office resumed from maternity leave after 3months and was dropping her 3months baby at day care.
She would always take excuse to go breastfeed or check on her baby.. later she started coming late, or closing early, the excuse was about her baby.. maybe running temperature of teething etc . And then she started missing days, she would only send text messages to say her baby is sick so she wants to take care of her today.

Everyone started noticing her absence and lack of attention to work.

There was a time her daughter was terribly sick and refuse to eat anything except brssstttmilk or except her mum feed her . Anti was bringing her to work o.. customer service officer o. She brought small baby mattress and would lay her down. We all saw that d baby was truly sick and honestly I pitied her too. When baby is awake she will beg a colleague to help carry her and play with her.

Finally Sha, HR had to call her and tell her to take voluntary leave for some time. She said she would resign.. that she cannot imagine loosing her baby because of a job. And she has not really have time for her baby and give her all the care that she needed. That everyone around her is even insulting her for picking a job over taking care of her baby. She wasn't happy about it but she had to resign that week so she can focus on her child.

Honestly It broke my heart. But it's understandable.
Full House wife oo, working mum o, 9 -5 office mum oo, carear mum o. none is easy.

They all require determination, hard work and sacrifices of course.
Just do you and do that one that works for you. If you leave in Lagos you will know it's not easy atall

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by ststyreal(f): 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
greenie77:

Reason I posted "A wife should be earning an income whether from home or outside" because I know some stay-at-home mums who also work online from home as freelancers and 2 of them are transcribers with their clients in North America who they charge $36 per audio hour. Wherever a woman is, she should earn!
She is not doing any online business... She is a full house wife, she only save part of her monthly feeding allowance... The husband is well to do, hence she was able to save from her feeding money.... That's why I said housewife get levels.... grin

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by RightToReject(m): 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2021
ststyreal:

Perfidy isn't cleverness. I wonder why you and your supposed friend have not seen anything wrong in her not telling her husband, who has been fair and loving towards her as you alleged, that she is building a house from the money she saves from the monthly upkeep; something a scrupulous woman in her position would have done from the inception. Whenever he finds out, he will feel betrayed, and it'll take feeble-mindedness and/or stockholm syndrome for him not to start meting out cruel treatment deserving of a perfidious spouse to her. Of course, when that starts happening, all of you far and near who are now feeling happy and clever will try to change the narrative to make him the villain.

She's a treacherous wife. Anyway, your post has just validated what I have known from the inception and even said somewhere here today that women have always literally been the primary instigators of spousal problems in most homes.

8 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by ststyreal(f): 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2021
RightToReject:

Perfidy isn't cleverness. I wonder why you and your supposed friend have not seen anything wrong in her not telling her husband, who has been fair and loving towards her as you alleged, that she is building a house from the money she saves from the monthly upkeep; something a scrupulous woman in her position would have done from the inception. Whenever he finds out, he will feel betrayed, and it'll take feeble-mindedness and/or stockholm syndrome for him not to start meting out cruel treatment deserving of a perfidious spouse to her. Of course, when that starts happening, all of you far and near who are now feeling happy and clever will try to change the narrative to make him the villain.

She's a treacherous wife. Anyway, your post has just validated what I have known from the inception and even said somewhere here today that women have always literally been the primary instigators of spousal problems in most homes.

I choose to laugh at your ignorance... For every action there is a reason. She alone knows why she choose to keep it a secret... Probably to surprise her husband who knows?? And the house is a chicken change compared to how rich her husband is. The man sef no send. That is her personal project though. Take the case of usifo atanga as a case study... A rich man with a beautiful wife yet went around sleeping with little girls. So you see all these rich men, my brother/ sister, a sensible women got to be wise when dealing with a rich husband ok. You have to protect your self and your future as no one knows tomorrow. Gracias!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by RightToReject(m): 5:44am On Aug 25, 2021
ststyreal:

I choose to laugh at your ignorance... For every action there is a reason. She alone knows why she choose to keep it a secret... Probably to surprise her husband who knows?? And the house is a chicken change compared to how rich her husband is. The man sef no send. That is her personal project though. Take the case of usifo atanga as a case study... A rich man with a beautiful wife yet went around sleeping with little girls. So you see all these rich men, my brother/ sister, a sensible women got to be wise when dealing with a rich husband ok. You have to protect your self and your future as no one knows tomorrow. Gracias!!!!!

It's always amusing seeing people like you who aren't too bright trying hard to appear wise. See you trying hard to justify and rationalize the perfidious act of your friend - truly, birds of a feather flock together.

Anyway, maybe the husband didn't come into equity with clean hands; yet, taking to perfidy as she has done as opposed to taking some drastic action that would have jolted him to the reality of sticking to the fidelity bond of the union would have been the honorable thing to do. Of course, I don't want to believe that they're consciously into an unjust and bondless union, which means it's a dog-eat-dog setting rather than a sacred union, which means you ought not to have termed their union marriage in the first instance.

7 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Ranameer: 7:34am On Aug 25, 2021
Yes, I am a stay at home house wife but I have my own servings. I invested 4m in treasury bill & earn 9.1% for a year recently. The money will drop by next year & I will reinvest it again. Some carrier woman are yet to have any servings. Stay at home is not the problem but not having a naira anywhere to call it yours is

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by descarado: 7:37am On Aug 25, 2021
pansophist:
Even if there are disadvantages of being a housewife, the advantage outweighs the disadvantage if a woman marries a good man. The kind a man a woman should marry is one decision that a woman should never take likely, and must get it right.

But it's good for a woman to be able to make her own money, it's what responsible adult do.
No single advantage in this present Nigeria at all.
It's full time house wife that breeds arrogant and over ego bloated men. Men that see their wives underneath them

It's full time housewife that trained our male kids not to enter kitchen, it's for the girls cos that what she was told when growing up and she abides by it.
It's full time housewife that think that the beginning and end of every woman is marriage and raising kids.
It's full time housewife that made our men love the Bible and the Koran only quoting where it suits them.
It's full time housewife that made women to accept all manner of insane treatments meted on them by hubands and family cos she is fully dependent on their son for survival.
That you are a full time housewife does not make you a good mother.

If the man will stoop low and see marriage and kids upbringing as joint venture, who will talk about full time housewife?

Those boys full time housewife trained will then marry and expect their wives to be like their mum. Always at their beck and call. Do you blame them, no. Rather blame full time house wives.

The reason I strongly blame the rot we have in our society on women.
You allowed yourself to be dehumanised because marriage is all for you, your male kids are watching.
I wonder how you want them to treat their wives.
Indoctrination start from the home.

Tomorrow you start crying your husband is abusive and a cheat when you gave him the power and control. Goodluck to you all.

I stayed at home for a period cos of sensitive pregnancies and I still struck a bargain while doing that. I still have streams of income( make more money than when working) but as soon as the coast was clear, I started work again.
No joy like being your own madam. Making your own money no matter how small.
But due to the rubbish we do and call it dating, we all believe its the man's job to take care of the woman. Who told you that?
Go out there and make your money and quit relying on any man. Lazy lots with the excuse of full time housewives.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by crackhaus: 8:49am On Aug 25, 2021
descarado:

No joy like being your own madam. Making your own money no matter how small.
But due to the rubbish we do and call it dating, we all believe its the man's job to take care of the woman. Who told you that?
Go out there and make your money and quit relying on any man. Lazy lots with the excuse of full time housewives.
PATRIARCHY... The same one you all hate! grin

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by sisisioge: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2021
Hmmmm....there are tons of disadvantages:

1. Your home becomes fully dependent on a single source of income which is dangerous and mostly not sustainable. This is on the assumption that the wife is indeed a FULL time housewife.

2. Life eventually becomes boring for you.

3. You may lose yourself in terms of need for personal development, healthy competition and looking good. Just look for a random 40yrs old full time housewife and a random 40yrs old economical gainful married woman. They usually look a poll apart with the career woman looking more classy.

4. Bro husband may become disrespectful knowing that he is your meal tickets. Just imagine how majority of business owners treat their staff knowing that they are their meal tickets. If you are unlucky to have your marriage hit the rocks, you becoming lesser party when it comes to survival.

5. You will surely lack some vital people and economic experience in life....business management, cross-cultural people management, political management, proper project management, etc. Your experience will be limited to your household affairs, managing kids or at the most,neighbours affairs.

My people, there is this peace that comes with knowing that you have the capability to take care of your needs without having to depend on another human regardless of the relationship between you. There is that self respect that accomplishes the ability to contribute actively to the economy and growth of the nation beyond your home. When you sit with men and women of substance on a round table and have a voice worth hearing, sis, you are on the right path.

On the other hand, being a full time housewife only assures that you are doing extra of what you would have been doing as an economical gainful /career married woman. You would have physically contributed to raising your kids, keeping the home and everything in between despite working, wouldn'tyou? Even some full time housewives still employ the services of maids/siblings/care givers despite being available 24/7. Notice how we tend to have more troublesome/troubled full time housewives compared to their working counterparts? The reason is not far-fetched.

At the end of it all, I wouldnt want to look back and say " I raised my kids and kept my home" I would rather leave a foot print that says I was here. Who says I cant raise kids, keep home and still live a fulfilling economically gainful life grin. I'm not even a superwoman o, just a regular woman who can do it all.

With this few points of mine, I hope I have been able to evoke some right thoughts..... wink

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2021
suffering:

Victoria, did you get my message?

What message?
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2021
Raydans:

I think you should start first with yourself. Are you a full time housewife. And if you're not yet married, Are you aspiring to be one when you eventually settle down? Now be truthful to yourself.

The meaning of full-time houswife as you insinuated is one that is solely dependent on her partner for existence. Nothing more nothing less

Why are you asking me too many questions?
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by ststyreal(f): 10:40am On Aug 25, 2021
RightToReject:

It's always amusing seeing people like you who aren't too bright trying hard to appear wise. See you trying hard to justify and rationalize the perfidious act of your friend - truly, birds of a feather flock together.

Anyway, maybe the husband didn't come into equity with clean hands; yet, taking to perfidy as she has done as opposed to taking some drastic action that would have jolted him to the reality of sticking to the fidelity bond of the union would have been the honorable thing to do. Of course, I don't want to believe that they're consciously into an unjust and bondless union, which means it's a dog-eat-dog setting rather than a sacred union, which means you ought not to have termed their union marriage in the first instance.
I am not here to batter words with you... Every mallam to his own kettle. You don't come here and dish out to people how they should run their home. Mind your business and run your home as you deem fits, habaaa!

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by ikllbrokehoes(m): 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

Uyai mi amorcito!

¿Como estas?
Stop using Google translation
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by ikllbrokehoes(m): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Stop claiming what you aren't Victoria
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Raydans: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Because I'm sure personally yourself, you wouldn't want to be a full-time house wife that depends solely on a partner for existence.

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Klass99(f): 2:14pm On Aug 25, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by descarado: 2:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
crackhaus:

PATRIARCHY... The same one you all hate! grin
Has it paid off well on the long run?

Personally, I think the need to control wih emanated from inferiority complex gave birth to patriarchy.
We have a general problem in this country that we are not aware of and its inferiority complex.
It breeds low self esteem which majority of us have. Nobody, not even the medical profession in this country has ever come out to address this giant.

Be around a man with no self esteem issue or woman and will enjoy them.

During the olden days, I can understand why we have patriarchy. It was worst in the western countries. Read history but people have moved on.
I can also understand that hormone makes a man behave dominantly but in matters he should act otherwise. Hormones also made women to be submissive but in areas she can be. Submissiveness isn't slavery. It's just act of respect. That's my point of view anyway.
I have also seen men who love dominant women. They willingly let the women steer the ship cos they are not modelled to stir it by nature.
Crackhaus, leave me alone.
Wetin we do you?
Haaaa!

1 Like

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by descarado: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2021
missidy:
It leaves room for abuse and men take advantage of housewives a lot. That is why you have to choose your spouse well, don't go and marry a stingy man. But then no woman sets out to become a housewife, things change when a child is born. I used to bash housewives too until I realized it is not easy raising young kids. How do you leave for work in the morning especially in Lagos when your baby starts running temperature at night. Babies sickness always start at night. How do you trust a nanny with your child when you don't even know what they are doing to that child when you are not there?

Most men bashing housewives can't even stay with a toddler for one full day, they will run away from the house and return in the evening. Everytime my niece who is 1yr plus comes to the house I can't sleep until she is sleeping. If I just leave her to do something and look back, she has either picked a sharp object or is doing something mischievous. I'm always relieved when they come to pick her. You dare not sleep when your toddler is awake or else you will regret it. Or is it my friend that took care of her 2 nephews for the holidays and developed knee pains from stress. Nigeria is even better, you can get help. Look at your female friends abroad that have little kids, they can't work until the kids start school at 6yrs for US and 4yrs for UK. Their career takes the back seat for the first few years.

Finally, girls make sure you marry a generous man. A man that spends well on you while dating cos that is the same habit he will carry into marriage. So that if you have to stay at home and care for your young kids, you will not regret it. God bless my neighbor for spoiling his wife silly and respecting her despite being a housewife. Babe is always dressed on point, as he changed his car he also changed her own too. Everyone respects him for taking good care of his wife. Being a stay at home mom is for a period of time, it isn't forever.

No nairaland guy should quote me, read and pass.

Training my dear, from the day they are born, train them. Kids will adjust to timetables you set up for them and use it religiously. They will sleep when you want them to sleep.
Also, if your husband don't help, get him to help out. Cos if you don't, you are promoting the same thing you are against.
We ladies will continue to give excuse forgeting that we are the ones who mould these guys the way they are. We are the number one enabler to having bad fathers and husbands.
We can broaden this if any one is interested cos it time we call a spade a spade.

The Western women fought hard to be where they are today
We want what they fought for without fighting for ours
I laugh in swahili cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by Hathor5(f): 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
Layormiii:
This lady in my office resumed from maternity leave after 3months and was dropping her 3months baby at day care.
She would always take excuse to go breastfeed or check on her baby.. later she started coming late, or closing early, the excuse was about her baby.. maybe running temperature of teething etc . And then she started missing days, she would only send text messages to say her baby is sick so she wants to take care of her today.

Everyone started noticing her absence and lack of attention to work.

There was a time her daughter was terribly sick and refuse to eat anything except brssstttmilk or except her mum feed her . Anti was bringing her to work o.. customer service officer o. She brought small baby mattress and would lay her down. We all saw that d baby was truly sick and honestly I pitied her too. When baby is awake she will beg a colleague to help carry her and play with her.

Finally Sha, HR had to call her and tell her to take voluntary leave for some time. She said she would resign.. that she cannot imagine loosing her baby because of a job. And she has not really have time for her baby and give her all the care that she needed. That everyone around her is even insulting her for picking a job over taking care of her baby. She wasn't happy about it but she had to resign that week so she can focus on her child.

Honestly It broke my heart. But it's understandable.
Full House wife oo, working mum o, 9 -5 office mum oo, carear mum o. none is easy.

They all require determination, hard work and sacrifices of course.
Just do you and do that one that works for you. If you leave in Lagos you will know it's not easy atall

Where is the father in all of this?

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by crackhaus: 9:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
descarado:

Has it paid off well on the long run?

Personally, I think the need to control wih emanated from inferiority complex gave birth to patriarchy.
We have a general problem in this country that we are not aware of and its inferiority complex.
It breeds low self esteem which majority of us have. Nobody, not even the medical profession in this country has ever come out to address this giant.

Be around a man with no self esteem issue or woman and will enjoy them.

During the olden days, I can understand why we have patriarchy. It was worst in the western countries. Read history but people have moved on.
I can also understand that hormone makes a man behave dominantly but in matters he should act otherwise. Hormones also made women to be submissive but in areas she can be. Submissiveness isn't slavery. It's just act of respect. That's my point of view anyway.
I have also seen men who love dominant women. They willingly let the women steer the ship cos they are not modelled to stir it by nature.
Crackhaus, leave me alone.
Wetin we do you?
Haaaa!
I sha just helped answer your question, only to be bamboozled with this lecture... shocked grin
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by descarado: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2021
crackhaus:

I sha just helped answer your question, only to be bamboozled with this lecture... shocked grin
Leave me alone grin

I'm really stressed out these days.
It is well.

This place helps me reduce stress level and forget about loads of shit.
Re: Disadvantage Of Being A Full House Wife by otokx(m): 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2021
Interesting thread.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What On Earth Can Make A Man To Beat His Pregnant Wife..?? / UK Twins Turn Heads: One Is White, The Other Black (Pics) / Foods To Be Given To A 6 Month Old Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.