Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

[URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED (2220 Views)

Full Time Content Writer Needed For Long-term Project. / [URGENT] A Full-time Content Writer Needed At N70,000 Monthly (100% Remote) / Part-time Lovers By Maurice Udom - A Book Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2021
We need a good part-time Content Writer to join our expanding agency. The successful candidates will be working with us in a supporting role, meaning they working at their own pace.

Job Title: Support Content Executive

Type: Remote

Compensation: #2 per word (We process payments monthly)

Workload: at least 10,000 words per month (that's about one article) (Contract is LONG TERM)

Requirement: Writers that can use super-short, but punchy sentences to engage and inspire audiences.

The onboarding process involves familiarizing the selected candidates with our writing style and processes, and we might terminate the engagement if it turns out unsatisfactorily.

How to Apply:

Apply via this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ep21EsnXKNX0vLL20q6_4iDaof3pobiE9zwnisUOhfA/edit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by louwheez: 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hey there!

I sell all kinds of novels for as low as #800 –no matter the author. E.g Harry potter novels, the fault in our stars, the hunger games, you name it!
Whatsapp me please: 08148074689
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by emitheo(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2021
That idea of monthly payment is a No No

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by wany(f): 2:28am On Aug 27, 2021
emitheo:
It will certainly end in premium tears undecided
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2021
wany:

It will certainly end in premium tears undecided
Making a sweeping claim with such arrogance.

Don't use the word "certainly," if you can't defend a claim.

But on a side note, we deliver close to 150,000 words of article monthly for clients and we can't possibly process payments weekly or per work delivered. We currently have a huge team of Content Executives, excluding Reviewers, now imagine processing their payments weekly.

Even if I hire you as a VA today, you'll run out of steam handling that.

grin
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2021
emitheo:
From my experience, only bad writers are scared of monthly payments.

Even Fiverr takes two weeks to clear payment.
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by Dvea(f): 2:33am On Aug 28, 2021
DashingRush:

No offence but I just had to point out something. I've been both client and employer so from experience even good writers don't want monthly pay especially since this is a writing, remote, freelance job.

You Should take into consideration their fear of being duped, or treated poorly.

Beside most freelancers and really most writers here on Nairaland are looking to survive daily, monthly pay is a no no for them.

I will never be comfortable with monthly pay I've had at least 3 bad experiences with that. So I could subjectively say that only bad clients pay monthly, and could again subjectively say that only good clients pay instantly, that's my experience.

Nd ur point with Fiverr and upwork nd such, at least u know ur money is with u, its just to cash out.

One final point and possibly the reason I took time to write this at nearly 2:30am is, big agencies like yours should take into consideration freelancers. If you have that much clientel and workload u should have a lot of saved up profit, use that to give bi weekly payment to ur workers. At least pay for job's already approved rather than keeping them till month end. Remember that ever man is hustling here and they all have needs and family expectations.

Again just my opinion and of course one man's meat is another man's poison. Anyway good luck with finding workers. Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 11:33am On Aug 30, 2021
Dvea:

No offence but I just had to point out something. I've been both client and employer so from experience even good writers don't want monthly pay especially since this is a writing, remote, freelance job.

All the good writers I know are comfortable with monthly payments. I once worked with a writer that demanded part payment but I ended up rewriting everything.

Dvea:

You Should take into consideration their fear of being duped, or treated poorly.

Beside most freelancers and really most writers here on Nairaland are looking to survive daily, monthly pay is a no no for them.
We are not looking for that kind of profile. Most of those writers turn out crappy works.

Dvea:

I will never be comfortable with monthly pay I've had at least 3 bad experiences with that. So I could subjectively say that only bad clients pay monthly, and could again subjectively say that only good clients pay instantly, that's my experience.

It all depends on the volume of work you do. I pay in advance and in full for single projects, even if I don't know you.

Dvea:

Nd ur point with Fiverr and upwork nd such, at least u know ur money is with u, its just to cash out.
The client can request a cancellation. So, it's the same thing.

Dvea:

One final point and possibly the reason I took time to write this at nearly 2:30am is, big agencies like yours should take into consideration freelancers. If you have that much clientel and workload u should have a lot of saved up profit, use that to give bi weekly payment to ur workers. At least pay for job's already approved rather than keeping them till month end. Remember that ever man is hustling here and they all have needs and family expectations.
We don't churn out 500-1,500 words articles. Most of the time our team members work on tasks that span weeks, making it near impossible to process payments weekly.

Because of the volume of work we handle for clients, it often takes weeks to get client approval, so we don't base payments on clients' approvals but on their payment cycle (monthly).

Typically, three persons work on a single task. I know you'll not believe this but it's true, we do that maintain quality.

The Content Executive writes the content, the editors re-works the content and forward it to the reviewer who ensures it aligns with our guideline and client's specifications and sends feedback to the writer.

But, if a Support CE writes the content, four people get involved - writer > Senior CE > Editor > Reviewer.

So, it's not possible to process payments weekly.

Dvea:

Again just my opinion and of course one man's meat is another man's poison. Anyway good luck with finding workers. Cheers.
We know the profile we are looking for and we have already gotten 37 applications.
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by WhiteRuler: 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2021
I'm interested. Onboard me.
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by ThothHermes: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2021
DashingRush:

Fiverr runs an escrow system. Payment is guaranteed as long as you deliver.
Two naira per word you still wan do am monthly.

4 Likes

Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by emitheo(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2021
ThothHermes:
As in ehnn...very crazy
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 9:56am On Sep 22, 2021
ThothHermes:
You might not even finish one article in one month.

So how do we pay weekly when we except an article to run for weeks, excluding reviews and quality assurance?
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2021
emitheo:

As in when...very crazy
We know the profile, we are looking for and we already have them.

Very good ones.

Like I said, only lazy writers complain about our payment schedule.

Again, I have not seen any writing service with huge work volume that pays weekly.
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by MrOreo2012: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
Is this position still available?
DashingRush:
We need a good part-time Content Writer to join our expanding agency. The successful candidates will be working with us in a supporting role, meaning they working at their own pace.

Job Title: Support Content Executive

Type: Remote

Compensation: #2 per word (We process payments monthly)

Workload: at least 10,000 words per month (that's about one article) (Contract is LONG TERM)

Requirement: Writers that can use super-short, but punchy sentences to engage and inspire audiences.

The onboarding process involves familiarizing the selected candidates with our writing style and processes, and we might terminate the engagement if it turns out unsatisfactorily.

How to Apply:

Apply via this form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ep21EsnXKNX0vLL20q6_4iDaof3pobiE9zwnisUOhfA/edit
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
MrOreo2012:
Is this position still available?
It's closed.

But if you're exceptional, we could get you onboard for a special project.
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by Udoboss(m): 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
Am interested...
floraogiogio123@gmail.com
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by emitheo(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2021
DashingRush:

We know the profile, we are looking for and we already have them.

Very good ones.

Like I said, only lazy writers complain about our payment schedule.

Again, I have not seen any writing service with huge work volume that pays weekly.

I fail to see how laziness relates to payment schedule... Me that can write 4-5 contents in a week will have to wait for a month?
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 11:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
emitheo:

I fail to see how laziness relates to payment schedule... Me that can write 4-5 contents in a week will have to wait for a month?
Sorry, I have never seen good writers complain about monthly payments.

Only the average ones are always complaining.

Again, I see writers that insist on weekly payment as unambitious. How will they save of they collect, let say 25k every week?

Anyway, that's not my business.

It's not our policy to process payment weekly.

First, we don't have that time.

Secondly, it distracts the writers. Writers on monthly payment are more likely to meet their target than their weekly counterparts.
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by Ammishaddai: 7:56am On Oct 19, 2021
White folks will pay you per hour and never withhold wages once the agreed terms of work are met , but trust 9ja bastards to turn round with an exploitative excuse .
Re: [URGENT] Part-time Content Writer NEEDED by DashingRush(m): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2021
Ammishaddai:
White folks will pay you per hour and never withhold wages once the agreed terms of work are met , but trust 9ja bastards to turn round with an exploitative excuse .
You need help.

If you need hourly jobs, then apply for one. The terms here are explicit.

If it doesn't suit your expectations, then jump to make way for those that need it.

Wailing will not solve anything.

grin

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria I Never Knew / See This Beautiful Poem Titled "Arike "... So Sweet. / Chimamanda Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.