Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave (5911 Views)

COVID-19 Third Wave, Delta Variant: States Run Out Of Vaccine / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion / COVID-19: Sanwo-olu Commissions Eti-osa Isolation Centre (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by TheRedpillguy: 8:37am On Aug 24, 2021
The government couldn't give people palliative they hoarded it and now they are giving people drugs that are experimental. Nope. No sir you don't care about the people, you never did!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
I know of 3 people personally who have died of covid in Nigeria in just the last 2 weeks.
Covid is real, get vaccinated and stay safe.
I know people who died after being vaccinated.
Again why are we so eager to take an experimental vaccine which we don't know it's side effects.
It takes years of testing to approve a drug like this. The covid vaccines where approved within weeks.
My advice, build your immunity, and you have a better chance at overcoming covid.
We now know that the vaccine does not stop the spread

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2021
Ijaya123:
People just seem not to care anymore. Living life like nothing is happening.

But can you blame them? The government too have been completely irresponsible in their attitudes towards the wave. Partying and other functions without observing any of the protocols being observed. The people have been bounded to the Philistine.

People now need to imbibe personal discipline. Better to be safe than to be sorry.
First, it is not proven that nose mask prevent covid particles from spreading. Secondly, social distancing is nearly impossible in poor neighborhoods.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by Yankee101: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2021
It's getting crazier

Protect yourself
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by NotoriousBiggyS: 8:51am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
I know of 3 people personally who have died of covid in Nigeria in just the last 2 weeks.

Get out MF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by caandi: 8:51am On Aug 24, 2021
Oga Sanwo I just hope it’s not what I’m thinking that you want to impose another lockdown
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by purpinkx(m): 8:51am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

How nice of you to have registered 2 weeks ago and suddenly know 3 people that died.

So far in my whole street no one has died.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by pezeji(m): 9:00am On Aug 24, 2021
Hunger and lack of medical equipmens killed them. Stop tagging the innocent covid to your failure
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by sonymax16(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
You urself,are u vaccinated?
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by sonymax16(m): 9:08am On Aug 24, 2021
breathelove:

Again why are we so eager to take an experimental vaccine which we don't know it's side effects.
It takes years of testing to approve a drug like this. The covid vaccines where approved within weeks.
My advice, build your immunity, and you have a better chance at overcoming covid.
Many people still think that the vaccine will protect them.....lol.Anybody that take that vaccine especially the moderna vaccine is condemned to die.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2021
sonymax16:

You urself,are u vaccinated?

Oh yes, with Moderna since April.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by Ijaya123: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2021
breathelove:

First, it is not proven that nose mask prevent covid particles from spreading. Secondly, social distancing is nearly impossible in poor neighborhoods.

The recommended face mask do work. Not those home made variants. What has poor neighbourhood got to do with following simple guidelines?
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2021
sonymax16:

Many people still think that the vaccine will protect them.....lol.Anybody that take that vaccine especially the moderna vaccine is condemned to die.
It takes more than 10 years to get a vaccine approved. But this covid vaccines where approved in no time.
No one can tell the effect it would have with time.
And they are forcing it on the people

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 9:21am On Aug 24, 2021
Ijaya123:

The recommended face mask do work. Not those home made variants. What has poor neighbourhood got to do with following simple guidelines?
let me begin with you second point..
Imagine a neighborhood where bathrooms are shared, poor hygiene, and very little ventilation. That defines most of Africa.
Now to your first point. Let's look at raw data. We could use the USA as our case study.
Let take 2 states Florida with no mask mandate and Michigan with very strict mandates. Still Michigan has a higher death rate. Sweden had no mask mandate still their death rate is similar or better than most of Europe.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2021
purpinkx:

How nice of you to have registered 2 weeks ago and suddenly know 3 people that died.

You kids always amazes me with your illogical thinking. What has when I registered got to do with knowing people who passed away from Covid?
This is how you guys keep wailing about the govt as if those in your govt were imported from Mars. You have bad govt simply because you have mostly greedy selfish people in Nigeria. It's very logical. Should the whole govt be replaced with you guys on NL today.....It will even be worse than the ones you are complaining about. You can't have mostly terrible citizens and then expect to have nice selfless people in govt.
Can't plant oranges and expect apples.

Yes, I know of 3 people who have died in Nigeria within the last 2 weeks. I was actually hanging out with one (very close friend) about a month ago partying in Lagos and was in good shape until I got a call that he passed away. 2 other people are brothers to my friends and they both also died of covid. One is already buried while the other will be buried this week.
I beg look for conspiracy theories to play with, NOT COID.
It's killing in Nigeria and even more here in the US.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by greencard: 9:35am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
people with vaccine also dies
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by greencard: 9:37am On Aug 24, 2021
Muzikluva:

I know of people who were vaccinated and still got the virus. One even died. What then is the use of the vaccine?? Just stay safe and keep to the safety rules jare
no mind them , vaccine kor codein ni
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 9:42am On Aug 24, 2021
breathelove:

You are simply giving out half of the story.

1,no scientist/vaccine manufacturer has ever said that the vaccines are 100 PERCENT guarantee not to get Covid. The best is Moderna and it's about 90% effective.
2, yes, it's possible to get infected even with the vaccine.
3, here in the US 99percent of those that have died are those without Vaccine.
4, People who got infected after getting the vaccine have very little symptoms and are almost never sick
5, few people did get the vaccine, still got covid and died but most are of those are either obsse or have other health issues.
6, All the 3 people that I know that passed away have not gotten vaccinated.

These are the facts, I don't own any vaccine, I'm not in charge of any vaccine distribution, I don't own any stock in ay Vaccine manufacturing company hence I have no incentive to give out false information.

My friend that passed away from covid was with me last month, I'm pretty sure that the vaccine probably saved me. 4 of the other people that were with us also got sick, 2 were sick enough to be admitted but are ok now. The 2 were told that they caught covid.

Keep playing if you want but I know that covid is real and vaccine saves lives.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by jaxxy(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2021
Take necessary measures already.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 9:51am On Aug 24, 2021
greencard:
people with vaccine also dies

True, but what is the percentage? You guys are always bragging about how educated you are but don't tend to apply that education when you start arguing.
What is the percentage, what are the statistics?

If you wear helmet while on a bike , you can still die from an accident on the bike but you sure have much better chance of survival if you wear one.
People wear seat belt in cars and still die in accidents but statistics have shown over many years that you have a much better chance of survival if you had your seat belt on before an accident.
Are you now going to say you will not wear seat belt cos someone died even with their seat belt on?
IN the US for example, as of today - 99percent of those that have died recently died without a vaccine. Few have died wit vaccines but each case is unique. 99 percent of those with vaccine who got infected are still here and most are not even sick.
I'll rather belong in this group than the previous.

At the end of the day, it's YOUR CHOICE.

Bye.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by DanielAlhassan(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2021
E no better for you
Which covid 19
Which country
Which death
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by sonymax16(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Oh yes, with Moderna since April.
Two shots or just one shot?
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by seyz91(m): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2021
cheesy
Felabrity:
In china, over 1 billion vaccines has been distributed, more than 70 percent of their population

Nigeria don't even have 1 million of those, and there are 200 million nigerians

Buhari is somewhere in the north wasting Nigerian resources on some stupd wedding

Next week he will borrow another 10billon dollar loan
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by anigold(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
Me I personally know more than 200 people who have died from hunger and bad governance.
Hunger is real..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by Frankiss44(m): 10:36am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Too bad that vaccine doesn't stop you from contacting the shit again.. A colleague just tested positive despite already having the 2 dose of the vaccine
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by Frankiss44(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2021
purpinkx:

The thing is real my brother.. Just 3 weeks ago my wife was sent back home from work after testing positive, it was one of the most difficult situation I have faced since we got married.. But I still it is not an african disease because despite the exposure I had to face to take care of her, I didn't fall sick.. 9 out of 10 Nigerians have tested positive, and treated the virus without knowing.. Because from the look of things, you have a high chance of survival ig you don't have any terminal disease, especially respiratory disease.. Two of my colleagues that died were both asthmatic patient
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 11:04am On Aug 24, 2021
sonymax16:

Two shots or just one shot?

Going for booster shot next month.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by GEEBITE: 11:15am On Aug 24, 2021
Sanwoolu give Covid 19 camera and klieg lights a break. Learn from Andy Cuomo the Emmy award winning Covid 19 show star. There are many issues begging for attention in the state. Soaring crime rate, bad roads and horrendous traffic. These have killed more people than Covid 19
naptu2:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4467018269986071&id=492378324116772
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by Kendrick88(m): 11:41am On Aug 24, 2021
Coronavirus84:
Sir, you are talking rubbish and jargons

Please let’s be careful out there .. this third wave is true .. one of my client has it , we had to cancel the event we were planning for her because of this .. please stay safe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

1,no scientist/vaccine manufacturer has ever said that the vaccines are 100 PERCENT guarantee not to get Covid. The best is Moderna and it's about 90% effective.
4, People who got infected after getting the vaccine have very little symptoms and are almost never sick
5, few people did get the vaccine, still got covid and died but most are of those are either obsse or have other health issues.

These are the facts, I don't own any vaccine, I'm not in charge of any vaccine distribution, I don't own any stock in ay Vaccine manufacturing company hence I have no incentive to give out false information.

My friend that passed away from covid was with me last month, I'm pretty sure that the vaccine probably saved me. 4 of the other people that were with us also got sick, 2 were sick enough to be admitted but are ok now. The 2 were told that they caught covid.

I know vaccines saves lives. I understand polio and yellow fever vaccines but this covid stuff is a global experiment.
Before drugs are approved, we need to fully understand the long term and short term effects. We can't save life's today only to lose them tomorrow.
And it wouldn't be the first time a drug was wrongful approve.
In less then 8 months, the information about the vaccines keep changing. Now they are taking about taking a booster shot.
My advice to those in Africa, covid is not a major killer here so it is wise not to rush into taking the vaccine until we have better info.
Finally which of the vaccines do we go for? The American, European, Russian or Chinese?
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Be careful of what you put into your body.

How come no one is taking about a covid treatment?

We know that there are therapeutic for covid but the government and big pharma preferry to go the way a vaccine.

I remember when Trump caught Covid, in just 2 day he was back campaigning. He is 74 and overwieght.

Are these treatments not open to the general public?

How do you expect everyone to trust the vaccines when our health experts can't be trusted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solving Premature Ejaculation / Anti-hiv Medication That Keeps HIV Negative People From Becoming Infected / This What Italy Meant By Total Lock Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.