Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,361 members, 7,829,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave (5917 Views)

COVID-19 Third Wave, Delta Variant: States Run Out Of Vaccine / Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Mortuaries Are Full Due To Lockdown, Need Decongestion / COVID-19: Sanwo-olu Commissions Eti-osa Isolation Centre (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
breathelove:

Be careful of what you put into your body.

How come no one is taking about a covid treatment?

We know that there are therapeutic for covid but the government and big pharma preferry to go the way a vaccine.

I remember when Trump caught Covid, in just 2 day he was back campaigning. He is 74 and overwieght.

Are these treatments not open to the general public?

How do you expect everyone to trust the vaccines when our health experts can't be trusted

Good excellent question.
The trea5that Trump got is still what is called "experimental " and it has not yet been approved for general use.
More importantly, there is a very limited quantity and it costs more than $100, 000 US DOLLARS.
Trump the treatment same with the Governor of Texas because of their positions.
That5rhe honest truth.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
breathelove:

I know vaccines saves lives. I understand polio and yellow fever vaccines but this covid stuff is a global experiment.
Before drugs are approved, we need to fully understand the long term and short term effects. We can't save life's today only to lose them tomorrow.
And it wouldn't be the first time a drug was wrongful approve.
In less then 8 months, the information about the vaccines keep changing. Now they are taking about taking a booster shot.
My advice to those in Africa, covid is not a major killer here so it is wise not to rush into taking the vaccine until we have better info.
Finally which of the vaccines do we go for? The American, European, Russian or Chinese?

Yes I agree that Covid is not a major killer in Africa for reasons unknown to anyone right now.
Pfizer, Moderna, JJ and AstraZeneca are Vaccines that are ok based on my readings. But I'll prefer Moderna and Pfizer.

I'm always laughing when I hear about Nigerians with their suspicions of these vaccines because the same people are willing to buy and drink all the concoctions that are been sold on the side of the street by some herb women with a promise that they work.
If you are drinking these road side concoctions without having any clue as to what's inside but you are scared of vaccines then you need to check your thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by Bluntemperor: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
weyreypey:
cool if only these leaders can bring development the way they're celebrating this epidemic

I wander too!
In all these talk and talk,did you see any Palliatives being granted to the Populace,as if most States and Federal Govt have nothing for her Citizens!
Abroad,even before they talk about it,the succour have come to the people in Palliatives forms. In one of the lockdowns in Canada,each adult got $2,500 dollars for a lockdown.
What a country!
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Yes I agree that Covid is not a major killer in Africa for reasons unknown to anyone right now.
Pfizer, Moderna, JJ and AstraZeneca are Vaccines that are ok based on my readings. But I'll prefer Moderna and Pfizer.

I'm always laughing when I hear about Nigerians with their suspicions of these vaccines because the same people are willing to buy and drink all the concoctions that are been sold on the side of the street by some herb women with a promise that they work.
If you are drinking these road side concoctions without having any clue as to what's inside but you are scared of vaccines then you need to check your thinking.
First I am not a Nigerian. Secondly you seem to be saying that just because someone is comfortable drinking a concoction, he should be OK with anything pumped into his arm. I don't agree with that.
Thidly why don't you feel so comfortable with the Russian and Chinese vaccines.
And finally, you clearly have very bad opinion of Nigerians. You believe that just because someone is Nigerian he should be drinking every street concoction.
Just so you know, not every Nigerian drinks concoction.
And just as you don't trust concoctions, not everyone would trust your vaccines.
Let me tell you a little story, I used to stay with an aunt in Switzerland, her daughter was asthmatic. The attacks where becoming more frequent despite the medications.
Until she came back home to Ghana and was given the so called concoction. She has never had an attack ever since.
I guess it's nonsense to you American but the so called concoction could save lives.
Covid is the only disease that decides the countries it attracts. I find that a bit suspect.
It is killing Americans, indians, Brazilians, Mexican and western Europeans. It's even a major issue in south Africa but theven rest of the world have few covid deaths.
It would be right to say that we don't know enough about the disease to decide who is right and who is wrong
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Good excellent question.
The trea5that Trump got is still what is called "experimental " and it has not yet been approved for general use.
More importantly, there is a very limited quantity and it costs more than $100, 000 US DOLLARS.
Trump the treatment same with the Governor of Texas because of their positions.
That5rhe honest truth.
How come the vaccines are not 100k.
How come the vaccines are not seen as experiment?
Big Pharma are not being honest with us.
Who decides the price of these things. Who decides that a bottle of insulin should cost $100 in US? Remember, the biggest insulin companies are American.
It cost $10 in Europe.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by greencard: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

True, but what is the percentage? You guys are always bragging about how educated you are but don't tend to apply that education when you start arguing.
What is the percentage, what are the statistics?

If you wear helmet while on a bike , you can still die from an accident on the bike but you sure have much better chance of survival if you wear one.
People wear seat belt in cars and still die in accidents but statistics have shown over many years that you have a much better chance of survival if you had your seat belt on before an accident.
Are you now going to say you will not wear seat belt cos someone died even with their seat belt on?
IN the US for example, as of today - 99percent of those that have died recently died without a vaccine. Few have died wit vaccines but each case is unique. 99 percent of those with vaccine who got infected are still here and most are not even sick.
I'll rather belong in this group than the previous.

At the end of the day, it's YOUR CHOICE.

Bye.

enjoy your vaccine , we plenty here without vaccine and we no die

And No deh US jagbajantis deh shakara me

And again, who gets to decides what works? WHO?
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by sonymax16(m): 3:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
Congrats grin
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Going for booster shot next month.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 4:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
breathelove:

First I am not a Nigerian. Secondly you seem to be saying that just because someone is comfortable drinking a concoction, he should be OK with anything pumped into his arm. I don't agree with that.
Thidly why don't you feel so comfortable with the Russian and Chinese vaccines.
And finally, you clearly have very bad opinion of Nigerians. You believe that just because someone is Nigerian he should be drinking every street concoction.
Just so you know, not every Nigerian drinks concoction.
And just as you don't trust concoctions, not everyone would trust your vaccines.
Let me tell you a little story, I used to stay with an aunt in Switzerland, her daughter was asthmatic. The attacks where becoming more frequent despite the medications.
Until she came back home to Ghana and was given the so called concoction. She has never had an attack ever since.
I guess it's nonsense to you American but the so called concoction could save lives.
Covid is the only disease that decides the countries it attracts. I find that a bit suspect.
It is killing Americans, indians, Brazilians, Mexican and western Europeans. It's even a major issue in south Africa but theven rest of the world have few covid deaths.
It would be right to say that we don't know enough about the disease to decide who is right and who is wrong

Well I'm a Nigerian and you made a big assumption by saying that I infer taking concoction means you should be comfortable taking Vaccine.
Nope, far from it, I said some of the same people that are worried about what's in vaccine are not worried about drinking all sorts of rubbish chemicals that they sell at bus stops.
Also, what I referred to as "concoction is not the same as what you are talking about. Anyone from Nigeria can tell you all sorts of rubbish that are sold at motor parks with all sorts of promises to enhance sexual performance with all kinds of dangerous chemicals that are killing people on daily basis. Most have no clue what they are made of.
I grew up on traditional medicine hence I will not condemned what my Grandmother used to give me to treat malaria and other illness.

Hey, at the end of the day, it's you choice. Make one that suits you.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 4:09pm On Aug 24, 2021
greencard:
enjoy your vaccine , we plenty here without vaccine and we no die

And No deh US jagbajantis deh shakara me

And again, who gets to decides what works? WHO?

US jagajanti shakara you? May be back late 80s not now. May be when I was younger and just went to America...not now kid.

It's your choice, just giving my own honest opinion from experiences.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by breathelove(f): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Well I'm a Nigerian and you made a big assumption by saying that I infer taking concoction means you should be comfortable taking Vaccine.
Nope, far from it, I said some of the same people that are worried about what's in vaccine are not worried about drinking all sorts of rubbish chemicals that they sell at bus stops.
Also, what I referred to as "concoction is not the same as what you are talking about. Anyone from Nigeria can tell you all sorts of rubbish that are sold at motor parks with all sorts of promises to enhance sexual performance with all kinds of dangerous chemicals that are killing people on daily basis. Most have no clue what they are made of.
I grew up on traditional medicine hence I will not condemned what my Grandmother used to give me to treat malaria and other illness.

Hey, at the end of the day, it's you choice. Make one that suits you.
OK boss
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by planetx: 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
Third wave kee you there.
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by donbenie(m): 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
lancome73:
Like I cate
Covid-19 neither cares if you are its next victim..
As far as it's concerned..
One human is as good as the other..
Re: COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Has Recorded 135 Deaths In Third Wave by greencard: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

US jagajanti shakara you? May be back late 80s not now. May be when I was younger and just went to America...not now kid.

It's your choice, just giving my own honest opinion from experiences.
lol, why call me kid , do you know me ,

been long someone call me that , thanks for making me smile grin

And I know who recovered from covid takin concoctions , I'm just saying vaccine is not a treatment, and besides it not clinically proven to be effective, also the COY who produced these so called vaccine , have immunity, i.e they are not to be held accountable should it go wrong

Such things shouldn't be forced on people by using indirect means as they are using in the US

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This What Italy Meant By Total Lock Down / What Are The Best Fertility Supplements Around? / Solving Premature Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.