Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US (34410 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Smuggled Exotic Car Stolen From Jaguar Plant: US Govt / 7,200 Joysticks Found In A Ship From Nigeria, Impounded In China - FFK / Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
PAWG:

Madness how? Don’t your brothers ship Toyota from Canada to Nigeria when Toyota is made in South Africa ?

Oga it’s a luxury car he gifted to a relative, or you think it’s easy to buy cars outright in the US?

You read a story, they responded, rather than question the motives of the bloggers that published the first story, you’re more interested in INDICTING the ex-minister;

normal phd Nigerian mentality
Poverty has damaged the psyche of the average Nigerian.
So if I buy a 2009 jaguar for £30,000 and I no longer use it,I can't ship same car with average of $1000,pay customs duty like $4000 and dash it to my brother in the US?

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2021
Idiko1:

Poster you responded with the above comment is a typical Nigerian. Most Nigerians have a thinking issue.
Different states in the US have different laws when it comes to virtually almost every thing.
Haba,do you ppl read at all?
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
he didnt research that before shipping a whole car to the usa-california ? this country is full of stupid people shocked
This is probably tribalism in you speaking.
People like you who don't know the simplest of traffic rules in your own country expect som1 else to know virtually every about the US.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Okuda(m): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:
This is the most ludicrous story i have read in recent times and if not insanity, why would anyone export a car from Nigeria to the US ?

You gifted a car to someone in the US and shipped it all the way when Jaguar is manufactured in the UK ?

Madness !

Because you never ship car comot nigeria before no mean say other people living in Nigeria no dey do am.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
Q
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Juicy001: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
So o what will now happen to people who insulted him earlier?

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
ogbuefi677:

On the contrary,most of Europe have stricter vehicle inspection routine than America.
That's why a Mercedes car bought from say Germany costs more than same model in the from the US.
The issue might strictly be emission based.

American cars are traditionally cheaper because America was the largest and most competitive car market in the world , because manufacturers sell a lot of cars there, pricing is very competitive. However the major factor is currency. Nigerians started bringing cars from the us when the dollar was very weak in the ‘90s Now that the dollar is so strong and the Euro is weak, American cars are not as cheap comparatively as they used to be. These days it can be cheaper to buy in Europe especially new Mercedes cars.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
perambulator:

Because you are a poor man who doesn’t understand the ways of the rich does not mean it has to make sense to you. There are people who regularly fly or ship their cars abroad. Some with exotic cars ship their cars abroad to fix/service. Some fly their cars abroad drive service and bring it back.
Average people here sef ship their range rovers to the UK for repairs all the time.
Poverty is like diabetes,it damages virtually almost all the systems in the human body,including the psyche.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by sulaak(m): 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:
This is the most ludicrous story i have read in recent times and if not insanity, why would anyone export a car from Nigeria to the US ?

You gifted a car to someone in the US and shipped it all the way when Jaguar is manufactured in the UK ?

Madness !

Danjikanbauchi:
do you believe a person like Oke chukwu will steal a car. Haba the guy is bigger than that na

Most Nigerians senior government officials are involved in shady business and I will never believe the cook and bull story that Oke Chukwu is now in the car export business.

Maxymilliano:

Madness !
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by HEAVEN4444: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
ogbuefi677:

This is probably tribalism in you speaking.
People like you who don't know the simplest of traffic rules in your own country expect som1 else to know virtually every about the US.
what has tribalism got to do with this matter here ? are you smoking that osogbo weed again ?
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
perambulator:

That’s utter nonsense. American cars are traditionally cheaper because America was the largest and most competitive car market in the world , because manufacturers sell a lot of cars there, pricing is very competitive. However the major factor is currency. Nigerians started bringing cars from the us when the dollar was very weak in the ‘90s Now that the dollar is so strong and the Euro is weak, American cars are not as cheap comparatively as they used to be. These days it can be cheaper to buy in Europe especially new Mercedes cars.
Oga,you don't know anything.
Europe has a stricter vehicle inspection routine=fact.
The American Market is highly competitive hence they tend to find way to lower costs of production,hence they make cheaper cars with less specifications compared to Europe.
Hence the car dealers and the buyers who know about cars know European cars are more 'loaded' compared to American cars.
Eg a Toyota Corolla from Europe costs more than that from America,d one from America costs more than same model produced in South Africa.
I have given you verifiable facts, if you don't know,ASK
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Donedeal1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
The most annoying part is that this was one of the front line cabinet official of Nigeria.If he was so careless with his personal wealth how worst will he be with our collective Common wealth.?.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Madness !

"Do you even realize the nonesense you just typed, you expect a gift parked in Nigeria to be manufactured in UK before shipped to the relative in US or what? What manner of fvckry is this?". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
ariesbull:
Idiots..you send a car from Nigeria to USA

Abi cars no dey USA again .
So I have a Jaguar I bought for equivalent of 30 million naira which I no longer use because I have newer cars.
Now my brother in the US says he likes that Jaguar and the price is about 25 million now in the US.
So to you,it doesn't make sense that I spend 3 million to ship and clear d car to the US, than buy another one for 25 million?
Make una de reason deep sometimes
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
ogbuefi677:

So I have a Jaguar I bought for equivalent of 30 million naira which I no longer use because I have newer cars.
Now my brother in the US says he likes that Jaguar and the price is about 25 million now in the US.
So to you,it doesn't make sense that I spend 3 million to ship and clear d car to the US, than buy another one for 25 million?

Make una de reason deep sometimes

"Are just realizing there's a very large population of dumb people here on nairaland?". - Village People spokesperson
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by wellmax(m): 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Madness !

Yes, it is always madness to the poor on how the rich spend their money.

Imagine someone buying wine for N2M, madness, buy a shirt for N600k madness, rent a house for N6M/annum, madness,
Dude just pray make you hammer, so that you sef go do madness
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
yes. its nigerias money that he stole when he was in government position. nobody who works for their money wastes it by making dumb decisions and so i know it is our collective wealth that he is wasting
See as tribalism just make you de disgrace yourself online.
Car was bought in 2009 and shipped in 2011.
Kachikwu joined govt in 2015 but tribalism no go let you see all those.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by IbileIfe: 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2021
INTEGRITYA1:
Me I never knew people are sending Car to America as gifts to America, I've been thinking it's other way round.

The car was therefore released to Dr. Kachikwu.

The car was subsequently returned to the dealer in Nigeria and refunds were made to Dr. Kachikwu.

Did I understand what refund mean, because the write up says the Car was bought in 2009 and has been used for years before been sent to America initially.

The story does not make sense.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by HEAVEN4444: 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
ogbuefi677:

See as tribalism just make you de disgrace yourself online.
Car was bought in 2009 and shipped in 2011.
Kachikwu joined govt in 2015 but tribalism no go let you see all those.
bros kwacikwu has been in oyel company for long time. or you think people in oyel company are not stealing our collective wealth ? if it is his hard earned money you think he will be wasting it like this ? making dumb decisions like shipping a car from nigeria to the usa ? thts a wasteful man who did not work for his money. why you keep saying tribalism ? lol kachikwu is from south south. my ancestors are from south south grin
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"Are just realizing there's a very large population of dumb people here on nairaland?". - Village People spokesperson
The thing is nauseating.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
bros kwacikwu has been in oyel company for long time. or you think people in oyel company are not stealing our collective wealth ? if it is his hard earned money you think he will be wasting it like this ? making dumb decisions like shipping a car from nigeria to the usa ? thts a wasteful man who did not work for his money
I guess buying a 2 million naira watch will also be a dumb decision to you because a watch of 2 thousand naira also tells same time.
Poverty has rearranged your psyche sir
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by emmykk(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Madness !

What is the difference? All the exotic cars imported into this country don't look insane?
President going outside for medical treatment when the same govt is telling you to patronize made in Nigeria goods don't look insane.
Adam oshiomole import a trinada bad tobego woman as wife doesn't look insane to you.
Everything in Nigeria look insane

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by BelovedofLord: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
fergie001:
PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/6715678/ibe-kachikwu-smuggled-exotic-car#105090723

Prince Harrison E. DFILMMD, FIPMA
PPS to Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu
[
]
Hello peeps!

]Let's reason together, please!

[Something is highly suspicious about this car gift / export............
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by HEAVEN4444: 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
ogbuefi677:

I guess buying a 2 million naira watch will also be a dumb decision to you because a watch of 2 thousand naira also tells same time.
of course thats a dumb decision. a 200 naira watch tells the same time as a 2 million naira watch

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by tnerro1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
You dash a relation living in the USA jaguar from Nigeria grin
The money you will use to ship it and duties to be paid will buy the “relation abi na ship” better one for there grin

Wetin Musa no go see for madam hand grin
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
First time I heard that a car was exported or taken to US from Nigeria. Wehdon sir
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by BeardedMeat(m): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
SultanYoung:
Blogger will never make heaven.

I still find it difficult that someone will choose a profession that spoils other people's image for survival.

That's how that useless Linda Ikeji Ruins so many marriages.
If you read Linda, you would understand kachiukwu was only a victim of buying stolen vehicle.

Except you are saying she should never have done the report because your own thief was involved.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
tnerro1:
You dash a relation living in the USA jaguar from Nigeria grin
The money you will use to ship it and duties to be paid will buy the “relation abi na ship” better one for there grin

Wetin Musa no go see for madam hand grin
The car in question is a Jaguar,a premium luxury British brand not a Toyota Corolla.
Car is a 2007 model,bought in 2009,shipped in 2011.
Shipping is average of $1000 thro and fro.
It's just like saying it will make more sense to buy another 2017 Gwagon in America instead of shipping the one you have here in Nigeria.
Finally, poverty is a bascard
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by BeardedMeat(m): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
ogbuefi677:

You are missing the point
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by tnerro1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
ogbuefi677:

The car in question is a Jaguar,a premium luxury British brand not a Toyota Corolla.
Car is a 2007 model,bought in 2009,shipped in 2011.
Shipping is average of $1000 thro and fro.
It's just like saying it will make more sense to buy another 2017 Gwagon in America instead of shipping the one you have here in Nigeria.
Finally, poverty is a bascard

No worry , you too go make am grin
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by OLULAW: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Madness !

It seemingly doesn’t make sense. However, for the criminals it does. In international crime parlance, this is known as ‘layering’ in money laundering underworld business. You steal from a jurisdiction, convert the cash into goods and legitimately move the goods to another jurisdiction where you can sell it legally and recoup the raw cash. You think an Igbo man would ship a car from Nigeria to the USA if he stands to make a loss, financially? Categorical no. The vigilance of the US customs prevented the plot from succeeding.

Na dem dem. They’re my we we…name checkers go for it. Onye beribe.

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Madness !

Millionaires ship cars every year during their vacation from around the world to US and UK every year.

They run the cars on American and UK roads and also fly with the cars back to their countries after summer.

Just that America has so many do's and dont's doesn't mean you cannot travel with your car into US.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Does The Crate Challenge (Photos) / Obasanjo Commissions 24Km Eket-Etinan Road In Akwa Ibom / Biafra VS Boko Haram. Pix Of Their Arraignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.