Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US (34428 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Smuggled Exotic Car Stolen From Jaguar Plant: US Govt / 7,200 Joysticks Found In A Ship From Nigeria, Impounded In China - FFK / Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by AntiWailer: 11:37am On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:
This is the most ludicrous story i have read in recent times and if not insanity, why would anyone export a car from Nigeria to the US ?

You gifted a car to someone in the US and shipped it all the way when Jaguar is manufactured in the UK ?

Madness !

Did you read at all. ?
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by AntiWailer: 11:37am On Aug 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
angry this ibe is a stupid man. he didnt know that nigerian emission laws are different from that of usa ? the plonker wasted all that money shiping the car to the usa and then shipping it back to africa. money miss road

is it your money bro. ?

2 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 24, 2021
Charlie2020:
Why would you ship a car from Nigeria to USA instead of purchasing one in USA. Doesn't make economic sense. The story no add up abeg

If someone gifts you a car, then the cost of shipping and duty in America is less than buying the car in America.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Veryfoolishboy: 11:38am On Aug 24, 2021
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by HEAVEN4444: 11:40am On Aug 24, 2021
AntiWailer:

is it your money bro. ?
yes. its nigerias money that he stole when he was in government position. nobody who works for their money wastes it by making dumb decisions and so i know it is our collective wealth that he is wasting
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 24, 2021
AntiWailer:

is it your money bro. ?

Naira landers are majority poor idiots with a poor man’s mindset. The bottom line is there was no illegality. Whether is makes sense to anybody is nobody’s business. A man can do what he wants with his property and money.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by dreamwords: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:
This is the most ludicrous story i have read in recent times and if not insanity, why would anyone export a car from Nigeria to the US ?

You gifted a car to someone in the US and shipped it all the way when Jaguar is manufactured in the UK ?

Madness !
Why wouldn't a rich man export an expensive car to usa
Does that car look like toyota Corolla to u?

2 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
yes. its nigerias money that he stole when he was in government position. nobody who works for their money wastes it by making dumb decisions and so i know it is our collective wealth that he is wasting

Kachikwu was not in Power in 2009’when he bought the car
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by HEAVEN4444: 11:47am On Aug 24, 2021
perambulator:

Kachikwu was not in Power in 2009’when he bought the car
he worked in oil company. was the boss. he stole our collective wealth. thats why he is making dumb decisions. too much money. who sends a car from nigeria to the usa ? they dont have enough cars in the usa ? plonker

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
he worked in oil company. was the boss. he stole our collective wealth. thats why he is making dumb decisions. too much money. who sends a car from nigeria to the usa ? they dont have enough cars in the usa ? plonker

This is why poverty won’t escape you.

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by HEAVEN4444: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2021
perambulator:

This is why poverty won’t escape you.
whats poverty got to do with this discussion ? are you high on drugs ? stop smoking weed
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by starz100: 11:51am On Aug 24, 2021
But the car was bought na and used for some years, how come it was then returned to the dealer and refunds made to the buyer?

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:52am On Aug 24, 2021
Kachukwu Public Relation Management has done well.

But to put the record straight, the said 2007 Jaguar was actually stolen from manufacturer in UK assembly plant but Kachukwu was not privy to this stolen Jaguar car. US government established this theft of Jaguar car from manufacturer in UK assembly plant but Kachukwu was NOT a party to theft saga.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
whats poverty got to do with this discussion ? are you high on drugs ? stop smoking weed

Because You are talking like someone with the mindset of poverty. Is it a crime to work for an oil company?

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
do you believe a person like Oke chukwu will steal a car. Haba the guy is bigger than that na
his concern was y d rigorous process of act of shipping a car again from here to u.s, not that it was stolen. Sure, ibe can't steal it, he's bigger
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by HEAVEN4444: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
perambulator:

Because You are talking like someone with the mindset of poverty. Is it a crime to work for an oil company?
a poverty mindset is you endorsing people making dumb decisions like sending emission incompatible cars to the USA . how do you ship a whole car from nigeria to the usa anyway ? is that not hustling backwards ? you should ship from the usa to nigeria. it takes a man with a wasteful mind to ship a car from nigeria to the usa. to think this guy had a top position in nigeria shudders me

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
fergie001:
PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/6715678/ibe-kachikwu-smuggled-exotic-car#105090723
the US customs discontinued the investigation as there was no proof that the vehicle was stolen but the emission breach would not allow the car to be used in the US.
Prince Harrison E. DFILMMD, FIPMA
PPS to Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu
But it can be used in Nigeria

Nigerian leaders killing Nigerians!
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Enyimbamercedes: 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Madness !

It is not ludicrous ...when you have money then nothing is ludicrous

I know someone who has shipped a G-wagon , A Mercedes SLS and a Ferrari from Abuja to Austria

The point is G-Wagons are made in Austria so why ship one from here, Mercedes are made in Germany next door to Austria..so why ship there...Ferraris are italian in Europe so why ship from Nigeria. When you are rich and can do it...you do it

2 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by obowunmi(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
The car was subsequently returned to the dealer in Nigeria and refunds were made to Dr. Kachikwu.

If the car was not stolen, then why did this happen?

The dealer sold a STOLEN car to Dr. Kachikwu
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by SavageResponse(m): 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Madness !

It is not impossible.

I know someone who shipped an Aston Martin Lagonda from Nigeria to the US several years ago!
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Boni77: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
Good one
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by SavageResponse(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
Charlie2020:
Why would you ship a car from Nigeria to USA instead of purchasing one in USA. Doesn't make economic sense. The story no add up abeg

The car is a limited edition luxury car, you can't just go out and buy a new one!

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Drunkdick85(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
INTEGRITYA1:
Me I never knew people are sending Car to America as gifts to America, I've been thinking it's other way round.

The car was therefore released to Dr. Kachikwu.

The car was subsequently returned to the dealer in Nigeria and refunds were made to Dr. Kachikwu.

Did I understand what refund mean, because the write up says the Car was bought in 2009 and has been used for years before been sent to America initially.

This story get k-leg

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Ltherman(m): 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
The toxicity is so much in the land. A fake news flash can tarnish the reputation of anyone who spent years building same.

Even Jesus Christ would have been vilified in today's Nigeria.
We're quick to dragging "him" down than pulling "him" up.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Funflipper: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2021
PAWG:

Madness how? Don’t your brothers ship Toyota from Canada to Nigeria when Toyota is made in South Africa ?

Oga it’s a luxury car he gifted to a relative, or you think it’s easy to buy cars outright in the US?

You read a story, they responded, rather than question the motives of the bloggers that published the first story, you’re more interested in INDICTING the ex-minister;

normal phd Nigerian mentality

What is difficult in buying a car in the US? And why was the car returned to the dealer with full refund if it wasn't a stolen vehicle afterall? But who in his right senses gifts a nigerian used car to a person leaving in America? Ordinary jaguar not a Lamborghini or a Rolls-Royce.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Madness !
People ship cars especially luxury cars from country to country including the US every time.
I know average ppl sef who ship their cars to the UK and US for just repairs.
Beg God to better your condition so that such things won't be ludicrous to you again.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
signature2012:
Export car to America?
Mi o gbo ri.
Wont the cost involve be enough to buy a better Jaguar in Yankee?

The story no hold water at all!
Not true.
Cheaper sef to ship from her to d US than d opposite cos most of the ships return to America empty.
Customs duties is about same
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
a poverty mindset is you endorsing people making dumb decisions like sending emission incompatible cars to the USA . how do you ship a whole car from nigeria to the usa anyway ? is that not hustling backwards ? you should ship from the usa to nigeria. it takes a man with a wasteful mind to ship a car from nigeria to the usa. to think this guy had a top position in nigeria shudders me

Like I said you have a poverty mentality. If you didn’t you would be asking these questions. You you are still infected with poverty you might as well ask why does a man buy a Jaguar not a Toyota or even a Kia? Poverty is really a disease of the mind 1st.

What a man does with his money is business. It is not for you or I to judge. It is his money. So long as it is legit it is none of your business or mine. But a typical poor man remains poor questioning a rich man instead of working to get your own? If he chooses to bathe in Evian water is it your business?

Poor man will contribute tithe for pastor to buy jet, he won’t ask why pastor needs a jet but a man who worked for his money that didn’t ask or beg you for money, you want to lecture him on how to spend his money?

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by otokx(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
Reminds me of a song with the lyrics ~ I try so hard.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by 2023NaijaVoter: 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
NL FP m-o-d got yahooed by the Peoples Gazette. grin

And the gullible mumus swallowed the bait. wink
Re: Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US by ogbuefi677(m): 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2021
Idiko1:
Nigeria is indeed a basket of fools. How does a person think car manufactured for Nigeria or other places than US will pass the strict inspection for US Specs? It is a boneheaded act to send a car from Nigeria to US. What a bunch dunce.
On the contrary,most of Europe have stricter vehicle inspection routine than America.
That's why a Mercedes car bought from say Germany costs more than same model in the from the US.
The issue might strictly be emission based.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo of Orji Kalu, Shettima And Remi Tinubu at 9th Senate Valedictory Session / Keyamo: Akpabio At Villa After Senate’s Rowdy Session / Photo Of Governor Ganduje At NYSC Camp In Kano Has Got People Asking Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.