Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet (2597 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Nwaokija(m): 11:03am On Aug 24, 2021
Do you know that both Muslims and Christians believes in the existence of Jesus Christ but the difference is that Christians believes that Christ the son of God and also a God while Muslims believes that Christ is only a prophet just like Muhammed and that is the reason why the two religion hates themselves.
So as a Christian, can you defend the fact that Christ is a God or a prophet as this islam scholar described and show his proof
"IS JESUS CHRIST A GOD OR A PROPHET"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YJnp2gRUBQ
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2021
Muslims KNOW NOTHING about JESUS CHRIST! What they know about JESUS is like a basket full of water. God has made it so interesting that they lack reasoning and common sense when it comes to this (apologies if you like).
CHECK THIS OUT!

Jn 14:8-11
Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and then we shall be satisfied.' Jesus said to him,

'Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? 'Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father, so how can you say, "Show us the Father"?

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? What I say to you I do not speak of my own accord: it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his works.

You must believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe it on the evidence of these works

Observe that what Phillip demanded to know was to see the Father or that the Son should reveal the Father, how come the Son suddenly attribute the Father to be Himself? That is to say Jesus is the absolute and true reflection of the Father or if you like just as the master said and i quote I Am in the Father and the Father is in Me. (I AM).
We cannot use our limited knowledge and human way of reasoning to decipher the absolute attribution of God. God is God in the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:
Muslims KNOW NOTHING about JESUS CHRIST! What they know about JESUS is like a basket full of water. God has made it so interesting that they lack reasoning and common sense when it comes to this (apologies if you like).
CHECK THIS OUT!

Jn 14:8-11
Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and then we shall be satisfied.' Jesus said to him,

'Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? 'Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father, so how can you say, "Show us the Father"?

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? What I say to you I do not speak of my own accord: it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his works.

You must believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe it on the evidence of these works

Observe that what Phillip demanded to know was to see the Father or that the Son should reveal the Father, how come the Son suddenly attribute the Father to be Himself? That is to say Jesus is the absolute and true reflection of the Father or if you like just as the master said and i quote I Am in the Father and the Father is in Me. (I AM).
We cannot use our limited knowledge and human way of reasoning to decipher the absolute attribution of God. God is God in the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Shalom!
stop spewing trash no man has ever seen Allah yet. God is not Jesus, Jesus had been seen but not God himself. Jesus was a messenger/prohet i.e was sent by God and whoever beleive him (Jesus) then Allah will abide with such person. You can't see God (Allah).

1 John 4
12 No man has at any time [yet] seen God. But if we love one another, God abides (lives and remains) in us and His love (that love which is essentially His) is brought to completion (to its full maturity, runs its full course, is perfected) in us!

13 By this we come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we abide (live and remain) in Him and He in us: because He has given (imparted) to us of His [Holy] Spirit.

14 And [besides] we ourselves have seen (have deliberately and steadfastly contemplated) and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son [as the] Savior of the world.

15 Anyone who confesses (acknowledges, owns) that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides (lives, makes His home) in him and he [abides, lives, makes his home] in God.

Allah SWT said:

"They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary. Say, Then who could prevent Allah at all if He had intended to destroy Christ, the son of Mary, or his mother or everyone on the earth? And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them. He creates what He wills, and Allah is over all things competent."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 17)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

If the Father was Jesus why did Jesus say the father forsake him on the cross it was because the Father in him left him at that moment. So Jesus is not the father. If you beleive the father will abide in you just like he abide in Jesus.

Mathew 27
46 And about the ninth hour (three o'clock) Jesus cried with a loud voice, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?--that is, My God, My God, why have You abandoned Me [leaving Me [l]helpless, forsaking and failing Me in My need]?
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
stop spewing trash no man has ever seen Allah yet. God is not Jesus, Jesus had been seen but not God himself. Jesus was a messenger/prohet i.e was sent by God and whoever beleive him (Jesus) then Allah will abide with such person. You can't see God (Allah).

1 John 4
12 No man has at any time [yet] seen God. But if we love one another, God abides (lives and remains) in us and His love (that love which is essentially His) is brought to completion (to its full maturity, runs its full course, is perfected) in us!

13 By this we come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we abide (live and remain) in Him and He in us: because He has given (imparted) to us of His [Holy] Spirit.

14 And [besides] we ourselves have seen (have deliberately and steadfastly contemplated) and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son [as the] Savior of the world.

15 Anyone who confesses (acknowledges, owns) that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides (lives, makes His home) in him and he [abides, lives, makes his home] in God.

Allah SWT said:

"They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary. Say, Then who could prevent Allah at all if He had intended to destroy Christ, the son of Mary, or his mother or everyone on the earth? And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them. He creates what He wills, and Allah is over all things competent."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 17)

If the Father was Jesus why did Jesus say the father forsake him on the cross it was because the Father in him left him at that moment. So Jesus is not the father. If you beleive the father will abide in you just like he abide in Jesus.

Mathew 27
46 And about the ninth hour (three o'clock) Jesus cried with a loud voice, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?--that is, My God, My God, why have You abandoned Me [leaving Me [l]helpless, forsaking and failing Me in My need]?

Reasoning like a basket carrying water! Till the world will end darkness can never comprehend light! You have enough strength to type do it on the muslims running from Afghanistan don't come and waste your mediocrity on me please. Who is allah at the first place?
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

Reasoning like a basket carrying water! Till the world will end darkness can never comprehend light! You have enough strength to type do it on the muslims running from Afghanistan don't come and waste your mediocrity on me please. Who is allah at the first place?
Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob they didn't know God as Yahwe.

Exodus 6
3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My [a]name the Lord [Yahweh] I did not make Myself known to them [in acts and great miracles].

Allah SWT said:

"Say, He is Allah, [who is] One,"
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 1)

"He neither begets nor is born,"
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 3)

"Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 4)
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
Allah is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob they didn't know God as Yahwe.

Exodus 6
3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My [a]name the Lord [Yahweh] I did not make Myself known to them [in acts and great miracles].

Allah SWT said:

"Say, He is Allah, [who is] One,"
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 1)

"He neither begets nor is born,"
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 3)

"Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 4)
Give me quotations from the bible or forever remain silent. You still don't understand the theory of Light and darkness?
Jesus we spoke about was a jew, who equally died as a jew. Never was islam in the picture and the reason i am been careful with you is because i don't want you to go after killing more christians. Whenever the name of Jesus is mention you guys should just SHUT UP. For your information more muslims are converting to christianity than christians are doing. Nobody lights a lamp and put under the table. If i talk about your quoran you will run for safety, don't just push me.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

Give me quotations from the bible or forever remain silent. You still don't understand the theory of Light and darkness?
Jesus we spoke about was a jew, who equally died as a jew. Never was islam in the picture and the reason i am been careful with you is because i don't want you to go after killing more christians. Whenever the name of Jesus is mention you guys should just SHUT UP. For your information more muslims are converting to christianity than christians are doing. Nobody lights a lamp and put under the table. If i talk about your quoran you will run for safety, don't just push me.

Allah, Eloah means GOD right

Mathew 22
31 But as to the resurrection of the dead--have you never read what was said to you by God,

32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living!

Jesus mentioned Eloi (Allah) yeah

Allah SWT said:

"Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 257)

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:

Allah, Eloah means GOD right

Mathew 22
31 But as to the resurrection of the dead--have you never read what was said to you by God,

32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? He is not the God of the dead but of the living!

Jesus mentioned Eloi (Allah) yeah

Allah SWT said:

"Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 257)

Please, don't be so dramatic! If i want to prove a fact to you i can justapose from both the bible and quoran to justify my point. the two names you mentioned there does not convince me to attribute same name to allah. You are a muslim and must do so well to be a good one. You have not been set free from erroneous reasoning and you are going the lane of trying to false allah into the bible (what a level of blashemy). If you believe in Jesus and believe in Him as a true prophet of God according to your religion then you should also believe him when he said He is One with father or else show me another prophet even though in Islam who has made this bold statement. The easiest way to know an antichrist is the one who will not believe in Jesus Christ.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by 22jumpstreet: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
Jesus is just like Nigeria, created by people( in case of Nigeria the British and jesus the romans ) who know nothing about the people who reside in it for financial gains...
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by 22jumpstreet: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nwaokija:
Do you know that both Muslims and Christians believes in the existence of Jesus Christ but the difference is that Christians believes that Christ the son of God and also a God while Muslims believes that Christ is only a prophet just like Muhammed and that is the reason why the two religion hates themselves.
So as a Christian, can you defend the fact that Christ is a God or a prophet as this islam scholar described and show his proof
"IS JESUS CHRIST A GOD OR A PROPHET"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YJnp2gRUBQ

In trying to understand who Jesus is,I think it is important to have some few back story about the foundation of which they claim to stand. That is Judaism. The jewish scriptures which the Christians refer to as old testament does not speak of any son or partner of God. Or God having a son by impregnating a woman. So one wonders where the romans got the idea from. To address this, I think we have to go to the foundation of Christianity. The council of Nicea. This council amongst other things created the character today known as Jesus. When they could not agree on a single religion for the empire. They could either go with Christianity or mithraism. They voted to go with Christianity....
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

Please, don't be so dramatic! If i want to prove a fact to you i can justapose from both the bible and quoran to justify my point. the two names you mentioned there does not convince me to attribute same name to allah. You are a muslim and must do so well to be a good one. You have not been set free from erroneous reasoning and you are going the lane of trying to false allah into the bible (what a level of blashemy). If you believe in Jesus and believe in Him as a true prophet of God according to your religion then you should also believe him when he said He is One with father or else show me another prophet even though in Islam who has made this bold statement. The easiest way to know an antichrist is the one who will not believe in Jesus Christ.
Jesus being one with God does not mean he is God have you forgotten that whosoever beleive in Jesus will also become one with the father. Will you now say God is more than trinity

John 17
11 And [now] I am no more in the world, but these are [still] in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep in Your Name [[a]in the knowledge of Yourself] those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We [are one]

John 17
3 And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
Jesus being one with God does not mean he is God have you forgotten that whosoever beleive in Jesus will also become one with the father. Will you now say God is more than trinity

John 17
11 And [now] I am no more in the world, but these are [still] in the world, and I am coming to You. Holy Father, keep in Your Name [[a]in the knowledge of Yourself] those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We [are one]

John 17
3 And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

Ok, let's open some fact! Do you believe in the bible completely? (Please give a definite answer)
What is the age difference between Islam and Christianity? (Definite too)
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

Ok, let's open some fact! Do you believe in the bible completely? (Please give a definite answer)
I beleive in the Gospel and the Gospel was only revealed to Jesus not Paul, Peter or John of Patmos so I believe only in the words of Jesus. Moreover it is tricky due to the fact that the author of the Gospel books didn't cite the documents they copied from nor eye witness so it hard distinguish a cannonical from non cannonical gospel..

Felimax:

What is the age difference between Islam and Christianity? (Definite too)
500+ years is difference between when Jesus was raised up and birth of muhammad

But as believed the Religion originated from Adam so it had been in existence far back...
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
I beleive in the Gospel and the Gospel was only revealed to Jesus not Paul, Peter or John of Patmos so I believe only in the words of Jesus. Moreover it is tricky due to the fact that the author of the Gospel books didn't cute the documents they copied from nor eye witness so it hard distinguish a cannonical from non cannonical gospel..

500+ years is difference between when Jesus was raised up and birth of muhammad

But as believed the Religion originated from Adam so it had been in existence far back...

Again, you want to derail but i will do my best to guide you to stand still.
if you believe in Jesus but don't believe in other parts or inspired words of the bible then you should not relate with me. Why? The devil does so well to quote portions of the scripture that suit his ideologies. You are indulging in same tactics.

You were clever enough to know that Christianity is 500 years older than Islam but not too smart to quickly introduce your error thinking you know where my next question will come from but all the same, giving your answers above i want to prove to you that the allah of islam and the YAHWEH of Christians or ALLAH of Arabic Christians are not the same, very distinctly different but before i do this you must accept and respond to all of your islamic brothers that non should see my post as blashemy hence must not respond to my post.

Respond and give me your word and i will dish out 5 quality differences between the god of muslims and the God of Christians. (Please, don't read between my lines and feel i have no respect for islam, it's not like i don't, i am an absolute christian.)
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

Again, you want to derail but i will do my best to guide you to stand still.
if you believe in Jesus but don't believe in other parts or inspired words of the bible then you should not relate with me. Why? The devil does so well to quote portions of the scripture that suit his ideologies. You are indulging in same tactics.

You were clever enough to know that Christianity is 500 years older than Islam but not too smart to quickly introduce your error thinking you know where my next question will come from but all the same, giving your answers above i want to prove to you that the allah of islam and the YAHWEH of Christians or ALLAH of Arabic Christians are not the same, very distinctly different but before i do this you must accept and respond to all of your islamic brothers that non should see my post as blashemy hence must not respond to my post.

Respond and give me your word and i will dish out 5 quality differences between the god of muslims and the God of Christians. (Please, don't read between my lines and feel i have no respect for islam, it's not like i don't, i am an absolute christian.)
well while you dish out the difference in Quality of God trinitarians and Muslims put in consideration God of Jews, God of Jehova witnesses and God of Nazarenes.

Now for sure God of Islam is different from God of trinitarians. Mind you God of Islam is ALLAH and God of trinitarians is JESUS. God of Jews is YAHWE, God of Jehovah witnesses is Jehovah.

Since I am a Muslim and you are a trinitarian christians that means we are comparing whether ALLAH or Jesus is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or in short Yahwe.

So don't conclude yet that God of trinitarians is Yahwe you have to prove it. You can ride on
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
well while you dish out the difference in Quality of God trinitarians and Muslims put in consideration God of Jews, God of Jehova witnesses and God of Nazarenes.

Now for sure God of Islam is different from God of trinitarians. Mind you God of Islam is ALLAH and God of trinitarians is JESUS. God of Jews is YAHWE, God of Jehovah witnesses is Jehovah.

Since I am a Muslim and you are a trinitarian christians that means we are comparing whether ALLAH or Jesus is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob or in short Yahwe.

So don't conclude yet that God of trinitarians is Yahwe you have to prove it. You can ride on

This is where you are not always so smart. Why drag in other school of believes into this discuss? You want them to come and bail you out when i have not started with you. Considering the fact that i am a TRINITARIAN agaisnt a muslim why not let it end between the two of us? "you can ride on" does not give me your word that you will not consider my contributions as blasphemous just as i never did when you said Jesus is not God. Respond and tender apologies for mentioning those people into this discuss.
I want to vehemently prove to you that the god of islam and the God of christians are two different deities and will remain so till the world will end. Pen it down for all to see that you people (muslims) will not consider my post as blasphemy. 500 years difference is not a child's play, we are not mate. 5 undiluted facts
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

This is where you are not always so smart. Why drag in other school of believes into this discuss? You want them to come and bail you out when i have not started with you. Considering the fact that i am a TRINITARIAN agaisnt a muslim why not let it end between the two of us? "you can ride on" does not give me your word that you will not consider my contributions as blasphemous just as i never did when you said Jesus is not God. Respond and tender apologies for mentioning those people into this discuss.
I want to vehemently prove to you that the god of islam and the God of christians are two different deities and will remain so till the world will end. Pen it down for all to see that you people (muslims) will not consider my post as blasphemy. 500 years difference is not a child's play, we are not mate. 5 undiluted facts
All right now bring it on I just gave you an hint of where I am going to come from a lot of christians on nairaland has done more than this before and we are still here I just hope it is something new...

At least Moses was 1400+ yrs before Jesus. Shey Judaism and Christianity be mate. When them officially make Jesus God no be council of nicea 325 A.D and Muhammad came 550+ yrs after Jesus shey that one tey.

Let me wait for you to dish yours before I dish mine.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
Jesus is a prophet like Moses! Deuteronomy 18:15-18 compare to Act 3:22

God made Moses both prophet and God in the midst of God's people! Exodus 7:1

But both Jesus and Moses declared that all the mighty miraculous WORKS they performed are not by their own power, rather all the power belongs to the Person who sent both Moses and Jesus!

Listen to what both of them said:

Jehovah your God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me. You must listen to him. This is in response to what you asked of Jehovah your God in Horʹeb on the day of the assembly when you said, ‘Do not let me hear the voice of Jehovah my God or see this great fire anymore, so that I do not die.’ Then Jehovah said to me, ‘What they have said is good. I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name! Deuteronomy 18:15-19
The above are the exact words spoken by Moses. Please note the bolded in red where Moses specifically told the Israelites "YOUR God will raise up for you from among your brothers a PROPHET like me"

Now this is what Jesus said:

Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’” John 20:17

So even though Moses and Jesus both proved to be Gods in the midst of God's people they both directed all worship to the One and only true God who sent both of them! Deuteronomy 6:4; Mark 12:29

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by AntiChristian: 4:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

This statement is faulty.
Look at the context of the statement from John 10: 29-31
My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.
Even the Jews he was preaching to started to stone him...

In John 5:30 Jesus said:
I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will.

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. John 14:28

A father can't be greater that his son and also be one with him!
So what does "I and my Father are one" really mean here?

It is the unity of purpose! God send Jesus as He sent Moses, Abraham, etc.
Jesus was a messenger not God!

Remember Jesus had a God (Theon)
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God (Theon) and your God (Theon).’” John 20:17

Jesus's father was their father
Jesus's God was their God
This logically makes them sons of God too.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
All right now bring it on I just gave you an hint of where I am going to come from a lot of christians on nairaland has done more than this before and we are still here I just hope it is something new...

At least Moses was 1400+ yrs before Jesus. Shey Judaism and Christianity be mate.

Let me wait for you to dish yours before I dish mine.

Since when Judaism and Islam come be mate? Fine and good!
5 UNDISPUTED FACT THAT DIFFERENTIATE Islamic Allah from Arabic Christian ALLAH.
1, Chapter 112 of the Quran says:
Quote:
In the name of God the most gracious, the most merciful.

Verse 1. SAY : HE IS GOD THE ONE AND ONLY:
Verse 2. GOD THE ETERNAL THE ABSOLUTE:
Verse 3. HE BEGETS NOT, NOR HE IS BEGOTTEN:
Verse 4. THERE IS NONE COMPARABLE UNTO HIM.

These verses contradicts totally the definition of the Christian God who boldly declared in Jn 3:16 that Jesus is His Only-Begotten-Son.
So your allah is miles away from the Allah of the Arabic Christains.

2, "They asked him, 'Where is your Father then?' Jesus answered: You do not know me, nor do you know my Father; if you did know me, you would know my Father as well." John, 8:19. Jesus equally rejected the jews who thought they know His Father. So your Allah is clearly different from my ALLAh.
By Jesus words whom you say you believe, He has clearly rejected you because the wisdom to understand who is Jesus in the Father has been completely taken away from you. As at this moment Islam is nowhere in the picture, your prophet still have like 500 years time to come but the King of Kings has already rejected you both in the presence and future.
3, when the Arabic Christians refer to “Allah” in their translation of the Bible, they believe that “Allah” is the Father of Jesus and they believe that “Allah” is Triune. So once again the god of islam is totally different from that of christians.
4, The god of your founding prophet Allah is not the God of Jesus Christ Elohim! Jesus never mentioned your prophet who was a catholic before he founded your religion. He told us He and the Father are One, your prophet never accepted this.
5, The God of the Christians is a God of Love, Mercy and power, but In Allah’s monadic oneness his attributes stem from his powerful Will which, because it provides no basis for relationship, often promotes capriciousness. The muslims till date haven't still understand their god.
The the two Gods are never the same and will never be till the world will end. We can call one item the same way and even refer to the same item but our understanding and definition of that item may defers.

Please, do not read any part of this as derogatory, i am not out to undermine your religion, i just cannot serve two masters at the same time.
I stand for Jesus and will remain so, in life, blood or death.
Shalom!
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
AntiChristian:

This statement is faulty.
Look at the context of the statement from John 10: 29-31
My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.
Even the Jews he was preaching to started to stone him...

In John 5:30 Jesus said:
I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will.

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. John 14:28

A father can't be greater that his son and also be one with him!
So what does "I and my Father are one" really mean here?

It is the unity of purpose! God send Jesus as He sent Moses, Abraham, etc.
Jesus was a messenger not God!

Remember Jesus had a God (Theon)
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God (Theon) and your God (Theon).’” John 20:17

Jesus's father was their father
Jesus's God was their God
This logically makes them sons of God too.

Sit down and think about it very deeply. If you follow the concept of Jesus very carefully you will understand His dual nature. (completely human, completely God) This is the only way you can comprehend Him and His messages, if not some things will not add up.
in some context, He speaks as a complete human, in some as completely God while in some He will speak as both.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by AntiChristian: 4:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

Sit down and think about it very deeply. If you follow the concept of Jesus very carefully you will understand His dual nature. (completely human, completely God)
If Jesus is 100% God and 100% Human then he is greater than God who is just 100% God.

This is the only way you can comprehend Him and His messages, if not some things will not add up.
in some context, He speaks as a complete human, in some as completely God while in some He will speak as both.

Jesus is simply human 100%
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2021
AntiChristian:
If Jesus is 100% God and 100% Human then he is greater than God who is just 100% God.

Jesus is simply human 100%

And you are absolutely still correct!

Then who is this person please in Rev 1:8?
"'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Or can we say Jesus must be out of His m*** when He said in Jn 5:21-23

"Thus, as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so the Son gives life to anyone he chooses;
22. for the Father judges no one; he has entrusted all judgement to the Son,
23. so that all may honour the Son as they honour the Father. Whoever refuses honour to the Son refuses honour to the Father who sent him".

Did you just say you are antichristian? Or you mean to say you are ANTICHRIST? Who cares anyway!
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

Since when Judaism and Islam come be mate? Fine and good!
5 UNDISPUTED FACT THAT DIFFERENTIATE Islamic Allah from Arabic Christian ALLAH.
1, Chapter 112 of the Quran says:
Quote:
In the name of God the most gracious, the most merciful.

Verse 1. SAY : HE IS GOD THE ONE AND ONLY:
Verse 2. GOD THE ETERNAL THE ABSOLUTE:
Verse 3. HE BEGETS NOT, NOR HE IS BEGOTTEN:
Verse 4. THERE IS NONE COMPARABLE UNTO HIM.

These verses contradicts totally the definition of the Christian God who boldly declared in Jn 3:16 that Jesus is His Only-Begotten-Son.
So your allah is miles away from the Allah of the Arabic Christains.
Note there is difference between son of God and only begotten son of God.

Can you show me anywhere in your Bible where Jesus or Father called Jesus only begotten son..

Quote either old testament, Jesus word himself or Father's word to prove this. Yeshua called himself son of God and not only begotten son of God.

Adam, Angels, Isreal, Believers and Jesus are all son of God but God didn't have an only begotten son.

Exodus 4
22 And you shall say to Pharaoh, Thus says the Lord, Israel is My son, even My firstborn.

Psalm 82
6 I said, You are gods [since you judge on My behalf, as My representatives]; indeed, all of you are children of the Most High.

Luke 20
36 For they cannot die again, but they are [n]angel-like and [o]equal to angels. And being sons of and [p]sharers in the resurrection, they are sons of God.

Whereas in the book of Isaiah. Isreal was called servant of God, Isaiah 53 Jesus was called servant of God, Angels are messengers of God.

What is the meaning of only begotten and where did Yahwe, Jesus said he was the only begotten son.

Allah SWT said:

"And they say, The Most Merciful has taken a son. Exalted is He! Rather, they are [but] honored servants."
(QS. Al-Anbiyaa 21: Verse 26)

Note there is difference between beloved son and only begotten son
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

2, "They asked him, 'Where is your Father then?' Jesus answered: You do not know me, nor do you know my Father; if you did know me, you would know my Father as well." John, 8:19. Jesus equally rejected the jews who thought they know His Father. So your Allah is clearly different from my ALLAh.
By Jesus words whom you say you believe, He has clearly rejected you because the wisdom to understand who is Jesus in the Father has been completely taken away from you. As at this moment Islam is nowhere in the picture, your prophet still have like 500 years time to come but the King of Kings has already rejected you both in the presence and future.

Don't make the mistake of comparing Islam to Judaism. In the verse you posted Jesus was talking to the Jews because the did not accept him as the messiah sent by God.

As Muslims we believe Jesus was heavenly sent by God. So we know his God don't compare us to Jews please and we have known his God. Trinitarian beleive he is God does God have God

Allah SWT said:

"Say, [O believers], We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 136)

Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
Note there is difference between son of God and only begotten son of God.

Can you show me anywhere in your Bible where Jesus or Father called Jesus only begotten son..

Quote either old testament, Jesus word himself or Father's word to prove this. Yeshua called himself son of God and not only begotten son of God.

Adam, Angels, Isreal, Believers and Jesus are all son of God but God didn't have an only begotten son.

Exodus 4
22 And you shall say to Pharaoh, Thus says the Lord, Israel is My son, even My firstborn.

Psalm 82
6 I said, You are gods [since you judge on My behalf, as My representatives]; indeed, all of you are children of the Most High.

Luke 20
36 For they cannot die again, but they are [n]angel-like and [o]equal to angels. And being sons of and [p]sharers in the resurrection, they are sons of God.

Whereas in the book of Isaiah. Isreal was called servant of God, Isaiah 53 Jesus was called servant of God, Angels are messengers of God.

What is the meaning of only begotten and where did Yahwe, Jesus said he was the only begotten son.

Allah SWT said:

"And they say, The Most Merciful has taken a son. Exalted is He! Rather, they are [but] honored servants."
(QS. Al-Anbiyaa 21: Verse 26)

Note there is difference between beloved son and only begotten son

READ
John3:16. For God so loved the world, that he gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew3:17.
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by Felimax(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
haekymbahd:
Don't make the mistake of comparing Islam to Judaism. In the verse you posted Jesus was talking to the Jews because the did not accept him as the messiah sent by God.

As Muslims we believe Jesus was heavenly sent by God. So we know his God don't compare us to Jews please and we have known his God. Trinitarian beleive he is God does God have God

Allah SWT said:

"Say, [O believers], We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 136)

You know nothing about Christ, if you do you will not deny what you are not sure off but will rather ask God for complete understanding.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

3, when the Arabic Christians refer to “Allah” in their translation of the Bible, they believe that “Allah” is the Father of Jesus and they believe that “Allah” is Triune. So once again the god of islam is totally different from that of christians.

What matters is the Allah of Jesus triune

Mark 12
29Jesus answered, The first and principal one of all commands is: Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord;

This is the same as Allah of Muslims which Muhammad preached about and that was why Muhammad was sent to warn the world that God was one.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

READ
John3:16. For God so loved the world, that he gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew3:17.
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
please make your research about this and you will know Islam is the true religion

[b]Word “Begotten” is a corruption [an addition] (RSV 32 Christians Scholars) & Word “Son” is Corruption [fabricated from Choose] (NIV Christian Scholars) and Trinity 1 John 5:6-7 is a Corruption (RSV 32 Christians Scholars)
Choice left is only Islam a true religion
Lets see
John 3:16 Begotten Son in King James Version is a Corruption and Word begotten has been removed by revised standards versions 32 Christians scholars backed uo by 50 Christians denominations of highest imminent
This confirms the corruption into bible because here is a link to read RSV Bible Preface Yourself and have a look what your own scholars says about King James Version:
http://www.bible-researcher.com/rsvpreface.html
If you do not have time to visit above link then here is a brief sample of RSV scholars: they Say...........
Yet the King James Version has grave defects. By the middle of the nineteenth century, the development of Biblical studies and the discovery of many manuscripts more ancient than those upon which the King James Version was based, made it manifest that these defects are so many and so serious as to call for revision........
John 3:16 the word "begotton" jesus was a "begotton son" of God has been removed by Christians themselves from the bible in RSV bible. According to 32 Christians scholars of the highest eminence, backed by 50 different Christian co-operating denominations said this begotten word in john 3:16 (dictionary mean-act of low level of animal sex) is fabrication, human made addition, misinterpretation, and it is wrong and by those Christian they removed this word begotten from revised standard version of bible (RSV).[/b]
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

4, The god of your founding prophet Allah is not the God of Jesus Christ Elohim! Jesus never mentioned your prophet who was a catholic before he founded your religion. He told us He and the Father are One, your prophet never accepted this.

Who said they are not one beleivers are also one with Jesus and Allah

But the reality

Mark 12
29 Jesus answered, The first and principal one of all commands is: Hear, O Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord;
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by AntiChristian: 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

And you are absolutely still correct!

I am correct that if Jesus is 100% God and 100% man then he is greater than his father who is simply 100% God.

Even at that your Logic does not work! "The father is greater than I"

Then who is this person please in Rev 1:8?
"'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Read the context of the verse from the beginning Rev 1:4-5. It shows the reference is to God not Jesus as Jesus was mentioned in verse 5.

Or can we say Jesus must be out of His m*** when He said in Jn 5:21-23

"Thus, as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so the Son gives life to anyone he chooses;
22. for the Father judges no one; he has entrusted all judgement to the Son,
23. so that all may honour the Son as they honour the Father. Whoever refuses honour to the Son refuses honour to the Father who sent him".

The "He" in bold is undefined. It can refer to Jesus or God.
And these verses does not make Jesus God still.

Did you just say you are antichristian? Or you mean to say you are ANTICHRIST? Who cares anyway!
No need to mention this since you don't care. I am anti Christian not antichrist.
The real Christ does not know anything like trinity Christianity.
Re: Is Jesus Christ A God Or A Prophet by haekymbahd(m): 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2021
Felimax:

5, The God of the Christians is a God of Love, Mercy and power, but In Allah’s monadic oneness his attributes stem from his powerful Will which, because it provides no basis for relationship, often promotes capriciousness. The muslims till date haven't still understand their god.
The the two Gods are never the same and will never be till the world will end. We can call one item the same way and even refer to the same item but our understanding and definition of that item may defers.

Both Gods are not the same, Is the Yahwe of Jews God of love. Judgement on the day of resurrection will be based on truth not sentimental affair.

Allah SWT said:

"And they have taken besides Allah [false] deities that they would be for them [a source of] honor."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 81)

"No! Those gods will deny their worship of them and will be against them opponents [on the Day of Judgement]."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 82)

"Do you not see that We have sent the devils upon the disbelievers, inciting them to [evil] with [constant] incitement?"
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 83)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Holy Ghost Congress 2010 / Redeem - Covenant Partners / Tread To Answer Christians Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.