Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm (2543 Views)

My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / Winfarms 2021 Wet Season Farming Our Dairy.. / My Okra Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by OluchiDelly: 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
noeloge82:

Thanks you are doing great also you have been a great asset here But pls will the manual weeding not be expensive considering the size of farm , what do u think

Manual weeding will definitely not be advisable considering the large expanse of the farm and coupled with d way labourers are charging esp in the SW. Apart from the cost implications, i have observed from some of my neighbors' farm(tom and pepper farm) that there is usually disease outbreak immediately they finished manual weeding in their farm. Dangerous micro organisms and spores that are jejely dormant and passive beneath the soil surface are always unleashed in the process of manual weeding.
My method is similar to the advice u gave up there. For crops above a foot tall, i simply put a hood/guard on my nozzle and spray with contact herbicide, weed in close proximity to seedlings are spared, the following day it can be hand picked.

2 Likes

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by noeloge82(m): 4:48am On Aug 29, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Manual weeding will definitely not be advisable considering the large expanse of the farm and coupled with d way labourers are charging esp in the SW. Apart from the cost implications, i have observed from some of my neighbors' farm(tom and pepper farm) that there is usually disease outbreak immediately they finished manual weeding in their farm. Dangerous micro organisms and spores that are jejely dormant and passive beneath the soil surface are always unleashed in the process of manual weeding.
My method is similar to the advice u gave up there. For crops above a foot tall, i simply put a hood/guard on my nozzle and spray with contact herbicide, weed in close proximity to seedlings are spared, the following day it can be hand picked.
Very correct , weldone
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by noeloge82(m): 4:50am On Aug 29, 2021
willybaby:
your right sir, and sorry I haven't checked my mail for a while so I missed your response I sure will be contacting you got some things to learn

No problem anytime, good job on your endeavors

1 Like

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
We were scheduled to plant our okra seeds today but rain had something to say last night and that is am still here grin

Flooded roads sad farmers all turning back, can't imagine how d dam is right now

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by IRIENBOY(m): 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
Nice
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2021
Land after it was ploughed, looks rich but we still be topping with poultry waste and weekly foliar fertiliser application
Before
After

1 Like

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2021
The chicken waste will be applied as basal topping using oga okoroemeka style
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Happy Sunday all
We make plans but God knows best, we actually a week behind schedule now, our seeds are still smugly packed instead of in the ground, due to mechanical failure of our tractor, harrowing incomplete.. but we move,
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by OluchiDelly: 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2021
willybaby:
Happy Sunday all
We make plans but God knows best, we actually a week behind schedule now, our seeds are still smugly packed instead of in the ground, due to mechanical failure of our tractor, harrowing incomplete.. but we move,

Hi, any update? We hope the mechanical issue of the tractor has bn fixed.
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
willybaby:
The chicken waste will be applied as basal topping using oga okoroemeka style
which is? undecided
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
which is? undecided
kindly go through once again
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2021
OluchiDelly:

hello sir, thanks for the concern the tractor has been fixed long ago but the setback changed our plans, instead of starting with the rains and using irrigation to end it, we going full dry season irrigation farmings..

Once the rice fields closer to the dam is harvested, okra updates shall flood the thread grin
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
willybaby:
kindly go through once again
You didn't explain your okoroemeka style on this here thread. undecided
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 9:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You didn't explain your okoroemeka style on this here thread. undecided
sorry about that on the okoroemeka pepper thread he stated how he soaked chicken waste in water for days to help reduce hotness for plants and speed up decomposition, this is poured in a hole at the base of the plant.. sorry I kinda rushed Tru it, u can go through the original thread to know more
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Oct 10, 2021
willybaby:
sorry about that on the okoroemeka pepper thread he stated how he soaked chicken waste in water for days to help reduce hotness for plants and speed up decomposition, this is poured in a hole at the base of the plant.. sorry I kinda rushed Tru it, u can go through the original thread to know more
Interesting! undecided

Where is the link to the thread in question please. undecided
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! undecided

Where is the link to the thread in question please. undecided
500k per plot thread u can search 4 it
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by pdf90(m): 7:09pm On Oct 14, 2021
Please I need okra seeds like 3kg ... How much ... I am in Owerri
OluchiDelly:

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by pdf90(m): 9:04am On Oct 15, 2021
OluchiDelly:

Hello boss...please I need okra seeds
3kg worth ... As soon as possible ..please
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by cattlefarming01: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
Do You Want To Become A Millionaire In The Agricultural Sector ?

The future millionaires and billionaires of Africa will not be coming from oil and gas sector, they will be coming from agricultural sector - Akinwumi Adesina President, (Africa Development Bank)

Here is one in a life time opportunity to make millions of Naira by becoming a Zenith Energy Enzyme agro input distributor.

Only one distributor to be appointed per state and only one dealer per local Govt.

For more than 10 years, our range of organic agricultural inputs have helped many farmers to achieve bumper harvest in their farms across Africa. Our livestock organic inputs have also contributed to the improvement of livestock production and increase in farmers profit.

For more inquiries kindly contact us on 08033492090 ( WhatsApp or Call)

To learn more about our products visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by OluchiDelly: 5:16am On Oct 16, 2021
pdf90:

Hello boss...please I need okra seeds
3kg worth ... As soon as possible ..please

Out of stock for the year, so sorry sire.
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Long time cheesy
Good evening all hope we all doing fine and well
We back from the break in transmission join us once again as we start a beautiful journey that will end with bountiful harvest Amen
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
This time our okra is gonna be totally dry season and another nutritious plant is joining the fray guess correctly and be blessed by God grin

The land you see across the river has been given unto us to possess and we shall go in and conquer..

Monday testing of irrigation system
Clearing of land comes up Tuesday
Stay tuned

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
Pictures from a neighbour's farm, as much as possible we will be following up on his farm too so we all learn together.

Yellow Maize was planted seed unknown farmer refuses to say

Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2021
Woke up this morning and it's straight to nairaland, happy new month fams, sorry for no updates just been busy but do not worry, loads of pictures and exciting details coming up
Re: Winfarms 2021 Raining/dry Okra Farm by willybaby(m): 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2022
Happy New year everyone. God bless our 2022

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Organic Fertilizer In Nigeria / Farm Fresh Eggs Available In Large Quantities / Growing Apple In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.