Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,587 members, 7,955,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:30 PM

Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love (570 Views)

My Parents Destroyed My Life In Guise Of Love, I'm Now Depressed Daily / Jealousy: See How These Kids Welcome Their Newborn Siblings To The Family(Pics) / Woman Throws Away Old Photos Of Her Husband And His Late Wife Out Of Jealousy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love by immortalcrown(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2021
Jealousy is not part of love. Jealousy has more negative impacts than positive impacts. There is more anger and less joy in a jealous mind, which means a jealous mind is a bad mind. And a bad mind can hardly offer love.

Love is what you owe men, women, children and adults. How does jealousy form part of it? Are you jealous when you see your fellow man talking to another man or your fellow woman talking to another woman? Are you jealous when your children are happily playing with other children? It is only when sexual intercourse is involved in your relationship that you bring in Jealousy. And sexual intercourse is not part of love.

People claim that being jealous shows they do not want to lose their partners. I disagree. You cannot use jealousy to keep someone you do not want to lose. As you try to use jealousy to keep him or her, she or he will dump you for someone that is more caring than you. Jealousy is not care. You can be so caring without being jealous. You can be so jealous without being caring at all. This is why breakup rate is increasing. The more people focus on being jealous in the name of love, the more they fail in relationship.

Jealousy is expressed for two reasons. One, when someone else has what you lack or what you wish to keep for yourself alone. Two, when a person you have sexual interest in is close to someone else and you fear that the closeness might result in sexual intercourse between them.

That I love my wife does not make it right for me to stop her from being friendly to outsiders. I will only guide her for three things. One, not to disclose my secret to the outsiders. Two, not to indulge in sexual intercourse with outsiders. Three, to know that no outsider deserves her time and resources more than I do, which means that if I am at home, she should not keep an outsider company leaving me lonely, or if I am hungry, she should choose giving me food over chatting with an outsider. And these things I point out in this paragraph are about marital responsibilities, not about love. That she keeps me company at home does not mean she does not love outsiders. That she serves me food before chatting with an outsider does not mean she does not love the outsider. If I am not at home, she is free to give her time to outsiders. Allowing her to give her time to outsiders when I am not at home does not mean I do not love her. But when I order her to stay indoor even in my absence, it means I am suspecting her. That is jealousy. A jealous man will be angry when his wife spends 5 minutes with an outsider. But he will not complain when the wife spends 10 hours on movies without checking on him. This is a proof that jealousy by human is about sex and domination, not about love.

Sexual intercourse is not part of love. Keeping something good to yourself alone when others deserve a share of that thing is not part of love. Wishing that other people lack good things is not part of love.

The mistake people make is they think love should be between only husband and wife, and parents and children. Love is for all. Love is love. There is nothing like more love and less love. For Christians, there is no part of the Bible where God or Jesus Christ said "I love this person most". God said "A man after my heart". God said "In whom I am well pleased". But God did not sound comparative or superlative in these sentences. Where the Bible said "..no greater love", the Bible is not measuring love itself. The Bible is referring to how far Christ went in expressing love. This is why God said "Love your neighbour as you love yourself". God did not say "Love your wife more than you love your neighbour".

1 Like

Re: Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love by Lamanii22(f): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
I am not jealous but I am territorial.... I protect my territory.

1 Like

Re: Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love by socialmediaman: 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2021
Being too possessive is not healthy for a relationship most of the time. Thinking of the worst about someone doesn’t make you see or appreciate the good in them
Re: Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love by bukatyne(f): 1:48am On Aug 25, 2021
Lamanii22:
I am not jealous but I am territorial.... I protect my territory.

cheesy grin
Re: Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love by bukatyne(f): 2:01am On Aug 25, 2021
immortalcrown:
Jealousy is not part of love. Jealousy has more negative impacts than positive impacts. There is more anger and less joy in a jealous mind, which means a jealous mind is a bad mind. And a bad mind can hardly offer love.

Love is what you owe men, women, children and adults. How does jealousy form part of it? Are you jealous when you see your fellow man talking to another man or your fellow woman talking to another woman? Are you jealous when your children are happily playing with other children? It is only when sexual intercourse is involved in your relationship that you bring in Jealousy. And sexual intercourse is not part of love.

People claim that being jealous shows they do not want to lose their partners. I disagree. You cannot use jealousy to keep someone you do not want to lose. As you try to use jealousy to keep him or her, she or he will dump you for someone that is more caring than you. Jealousy is not care. You can be so caring without being jealous. You can be so jealous without being caring at all. This is why breakup rate is increasing. The more people focus on being jealous in the name of love, the more they fail in relationship.

Jealousy is expressed for two reasons. One, when someone else has what you lack or what you wish to keep for yourself alone. Two, when a person you have sexual interest in is close to someone else and you fear that the closeness might result in sexual intercourse between them.

That I love my wife does not make it right for me to stop her from being friendly to outsiders. I will only guide her for three things. One, not to disclose my secret to the outsiders. Two, not to indulge in sexual intercourse with outsiders. Three, to know that no outsider deserves her time and resources more than I do, which means that if I am at home, she should not keep an outsider company leaving me lonely, or if I am hungry, she should choose giving me food over chatting with an outsider. And these things I point out in this paragraph are about marital responsibilities, not about love. That she keeps me company at home does not mean she does not love outsiders. That she serves me food before chatting with an outsider does not mean she does not love the outsider. If I am not at home, she is free to give her time to outsiders. Allowing her to give her time to outsiders when I am not at home does not mean I do not love her. But when I order her to stay indoor even in my absence, it means I am suspecting her. That is jealousy. A jealous man will be angry when his wife spends 5 minutes with an outsider. But he will not complain when the wife spends 10 hours on movies without checking on him. This is a proof that jealousy by human is about sex and domination, not about love.

Sexual intercourse is not part of love. Keeping something good to yourself alone when others deserve a share of that thing is not part of love. Wishing that other people lack good things is not part of love.

The mistake people make is they think love should be between only husband and wife, and parents and children. Love is for all. Love is love. There is nothing like more love and less love. For Christians, there is no part of the Bible where God or Jesus Christ said "I love this person most". God said "A man after my heart". God said "In whom I am well pleased". But God did not sound comparative or superlative in these sentences. Where the Bible said "..no greater love", the Bible is not measuring love itself. The Bible is referring to how far Christ went in expressing love. This is why God said "Love your neighbour as you love yourself". God did not say "Love your wife more than you love your neighbour".

@bold:

cheesy

@Topic:

I like you quoted the Bible, I was going to make a reference and did not know your religious inclination.

There is no true love without jealousy. When you love someone (romantic or not), you always want to be the most important person to them. The idea that they regard someone else 'higher' than you in that sphere makes you jealous.

Jealousy is this context is not a negative emotion; it becomes negative when it is in excess or the partner doesn't want you to function or exist outside them.

In some aspects such as sex, secret sharing, special activities amongst yourselves (not limited to sexual partners), that jealousy drives for exclusivity.

Or like a poster above, you prefer territorial to jealousy? tongue

Even like the Bible say, our God is a jealous God.

1 Like

Re: Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 25, 2021
I agree, OP.

I like the Bible's ( 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 ) definition of love and personally use it as a template:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
Re: Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love by immortalcrown(m): 8:38am On Aug 25, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

cheesy

@Topic:

I like you quoted the Bible, I was going to make a reference and did not know your religious inclination.

There is no true love without jealousy. When you love someone (romantic or not), you always want to be the most important person to them. The idea that they regard someone else 'higher' than you in that sphere makes you jealous.

Jealousy is this context is not a negative emotion; it becomes negative when it is in excess or the partner doesn't want you to function or exist outside them.

In some aspects such as sex, secret sharing, special activities amongst yourselves (not limited to sexual partners), that jealousy drives for exclusivity.

Or like a poster above, you prefer territorial to jealousy? tongue

Even like the Bible say, our God is a jealous God.

You misinterpret the part of the Bible that says God is jealous. Go and read it again. It is Exodus 34:14. The verse says we should worship only God. The jealousy there is about worship because God is the one that created heaven and earth and delivers us from enemies. So, He alone deserves to be worshiped. The verse is not about love. To further prove you wrong, does God mean we should worship ourselves and our neighbours when He says we should love our neighbours as we love ourselves? To further prove you wrong, does the Exodus 34:14 say God alone should be loved? Love is for all. When you try to stop other people from loving a person because you love the person, you are wrong because what you are doing is not biblical.
Re: Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love by Uyi168: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2021
.. Didn't your Bible say your God is a jealous God

(1) (Reply)

Budget Friendly Mattresses For 4th Quarter 2021 / What Your Sleeping Position Says About Your Personality? Find Out! / Video-tanzania Woman Allegedly Turns Into A Cow After Sleeping With Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.