Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,791 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR (70170 Views)

Former President Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Buhari Spotted In London / COVID-19 In Aso Rock: Infections Traced To Yusuf Buhari's Coronation As Talban / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Bichi Magaji's Appointment As New DSS DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by calyto: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2021
So how is that Yusuf's fault?

Even if he was sacked, was his license also withdrawn?

Na yeye talk be dis abeg
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by CryptoRepublic1: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2021
Racoon:

I guess this should rather be captioned: "Yusuf Buhari: Dr.Obafemi's Ordeal and Tragedy of The Failed Nigerian Healthcare System." This is how the so called irresponsible consultants push younger doctors to difficult situations and unfortunately their untimely deaths.

See how this poor chap became the fallen guy because of their greed and wickedness.I guess this is one of the reason why the medical profession is so much bastardized that even the consultants themselves & junior colleagues are leaving this failed nation in droves to go overseas?

You need to see news report on the Saudi Arabia govt recruitment of Nigerian doctors @ Abuja ystdy to appreciate the rot of the system.Only NARD seems to be fighting well.The NMA and MDCN are useless.The govt should better see to his beleaguered family wellbeing because they got blood on their hands.Rest in peace young Doctor.

It's very very unfair to blame anyone for the young man's calamities,he was given an opportunity and a second chance but for some reason only known to him caused him to refused the offers and chose to japa.

Suicide is a selfish act I don't care what anyone thinks or say.

He was a selfish man period.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Fahdiga(m): 9:32am On Aug 25, 2021
PAWG:

But seriously what has Yusuf Buhari got to do with his suicide? SR are messing with your head, I’m pretty sure you can see the narrative but due to the massive hate for the first family you don’t want to say the obvious
Where in the article did Sahara reporters said that it was Yusuf Buhari that made the doctor to commit suicide. Just like a news outlet, they are reporting on how a medical doctor committed suicide and what led to it and judging from the article we all know that it was after treating Yusuf Buhari that his predicament started
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Salt06(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2021
jumobi1:
Has nothing to do with Yusuf and more to do with the superiors that fired him for doing the right thing.
The story said his pay was increased to 150k in his new place after the initial 120k where his superiors sacked him.
Seems more like personal or family issues to me. Op's title brings plenty suspicion to mind
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2021
This guy for cool down small nah
Atleast he was offered a lil above what he earned.
Even if he had in mind of the writing the PLAB,he should have waited for a while,stabilise his emotions,gotten some permission (even getting a half salary,during that period just to work sparingly), he would have succeeded.
As for Nigeria and Nigerians,it is what it is...

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by vikgreen01(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2021
Why does the young doctor superiors/consultant angered. The young doctor clearly stated the hospital doesn’t have the facilities to treat mr president son. Did they (superior) want to have mr president son delayed in their hospital cos of their greedy interest. What if he die in their shabby hospital. The superiors made the life of the young doctor miserable and I think not mr president son.

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by fxsky: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2021
Racoon:

I guess this should rather be captioned: "Yusuf Buhari: Dr.Obafemi's Ordeal and Tragedy of The Failed Nigerian Healthcare System." This is how the so called irresponsible consultants push younger doctors to difficult situations and unfortunately their untimely deaths.

See how this poor chap became the fallen guy because of their greed and wickedness.I guess this is one of the reason why the medical profession is so much bastardized that even the consultants themselves & junior colleagues are leaving this failed nation in droves to go overseas?

You need to see news report on the Saudi Arabia govt recruitment of Nigerian doctors @ Abuja ystdy to appreciate the rot of the system.Only NARD seems to be fighting well.The NMA and MDCN are useless.The govt should better see to his beleaguered family wellbeing because they got blood on their hands.Rest in peace young Doctor.

May God enrich your wisdom more....... The caption looks like it is Yusuf that led Dr Obafemi to commit suicide
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Fahdiga(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Sahara reporters is the most useless news reporter ever
Because it exposed the Junta you fervently support. Karma is sweet
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Idiko1: 9:40am On Aug 25, 2021
One of dividends of silly and goofy Gowon's "One-Nigeria". I have no pity for those who fought Biafra and met death in hands of the shithole called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Idiko1: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2021
DankemzI:
How does his suicide indict the first son
Office of the first son

The father, the son and office of the father.

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2021
SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION

So many ordeals and arduous experiences that would have culminated in suicide, yet we are coming out stronger.

He had a very low self-esteem and never believed in his environment. A pundit of "if I travel abroad, I go make am". Whoever told him he should work all his lives and save/borrow his life out, just to travel abroad.

As an Igbo man, I believe my environment, the land is not greener anywhere but you can make it greener

Green Field is Bay

Don't let your obsession of traveling abroad kill you. You may come back and find out your efforts/achievements are zero compared to some home based within your 5years of knacking loose old women
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by fof1: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2021
Racoon:
How Buhari’s Newly-wed Son, Yusuf’s Accident In 2017 Pushed Doctor Who First Received Him To Commit Suicide

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/22/how-buhari%E2%80%99s-newly-wed-son-yusuf%E2%80%99s-accident-2017-pushed-doctor-who-first-received-him

HE DIED A FOOLISH AND USELESS DEATH... IF THE REPORT IS CORRECT...ISLAMIC MENTALITY. LIFE IS PRECIOUS AND NOTHING IS WORTHY OF SUICIDE. GOD GAVE LIFE AND TAKERS WILL FACE HELLFIRE. He Killed himself and Nobody to Blame...Nobody. A very Foolish Decision indeed.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by goodheart02(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2021
UDUJ:

That's what really shocked me. How can a medical doctor be earning a measly 150k salary a month? A whole medical doctor with their many years of training?

I still cannot bring my brain to fathom it. This country is useless.

Very useless country. Some doctors even earn 90K in some private hospitals. Imagine!! Sometimes i almost regret venturing into the profession but the zeal to save lives is what keeps most of us going. I will advice anyone aiming to study medicine in Nigeria to do so not for the money but for the passion.

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by enemyofprogress: 9:46am On Aug 25, 2021
Someone tolded me that the motor bike accident affected Yusuf’s prick, that it makes him to have week erection
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2021
Nothing concern Yusuf for this matter, so don't disturb his peace.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by streetsoldier1(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2021
Buhari's son didnt kill him, his Adversity Quotent is very low. Parents should pls look into that aspect too while bringing up their kids... Obafemi has high 1.Q but low A.Q

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Kingsize4eva(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2021
He is not a real man. Suicide isn’t an option.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by goodheart02(m): 9:49am On Aug 25, 2021
Veggieseedies:
SUICIDE IS NEVER AN OPTION

So many ordeals and arduous experiences that would have culminated in suicide, yet we are coming out stronger.

He had a very low self-esteem and never believed in his environment. A pundit of "if I travel abroad, I go make am". Whoever told him he should work all his lives and save/borrow his life out, just to travel abroad.

As an Igbo man, I believe my environment, the land is not greener anywhere but you can make it greener

Green Field is Bay

Don't let your obsession of traveling abroad kill you. You may come back and find out your efforts/achievements are zero compared to some home based within your 5years of knacking loose old women

When it comes to the field of medicine, your philosophy doesn't work. Travelling abroad as a doctor will get u much more than what u have here. The exposure and comfort u get as a doctor in Canada alone will make u never to come back here. This shitty country is definitely not conducive for medical practice.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by akanbiaa(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2021
KingOfAllIgbos:

Your post is full of SENSE.

Great job.

Who knows? Maybe God wanted him to go to Saudi this year to multiply his salary by 5.

He was too reckless to bet it all on one choice.
Exactly if he was just a bit patient he might have gotten good job in Saudi Arabia with no need for writing any expensive exam and free transport.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Ikpeyi: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2021
Theories...

Hon Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by enemyofprogress: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2021
dominique:
So it was Yusuf Buhari that made him to fail his PLAB examination?
Domi Domi omo to yakable, fine babe, no pimples, no wrinkles, don’t tell me that you’re supporting this government o kiss kiss kiss
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by naturefellow(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2021
Racoon:

Racoon, the exact opposite of .

Ride on sir!
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Onelove508: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2021
dominique:
So it was Yusuf Buhari that made him to fail his PLAB examination?

E taya me o..
With 150k, they are better ways to make lfe better
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by naturefellow(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2021
thesicilian:
May God give us the strength to overcome every suicidal thoughts in the face of hardships, amen.
the suicidal thoughts that comes with credit na next level. But we shall overcome!

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by naturefellow(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2021
thundafire:
Wetin concern Yusuf and the doc to commit suicide. See if u can't fight to overcome ur struggles and u believe killing ursef will solve it then u are wrong. I bet all those who committed suicide will be regretting it wherever they will be
not as easy as you are thinking or typing. It gets to a point where meaning of life hangs by a thread. Hopefully, it doesn't get that bad for you to realise.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by goody2019: 10:02am On Aug 25, 2021
Journalism at its worst.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by frog12: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2021
no be FAKE STORY be dis ?
him name na just OBAFEMI
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by modsfucker: 10:05am On Aug 25, 2021
VoltageDivida:
So are you trying to say Yusuf use the guy head exchange him own or what?

On a serious note, if you're looking for where/who to hinge his death on, I believe the management of the hospital that sacked him should do.
But then suicide is a personal decision, though pushed by circumstances. Many would go through same challenges only to rise up stronger.

RIP to the death

Sacking him was even a blessing to him, cos it handed him another job at a better hospital, with even a pay rise.. In my opinion, the deceased is solely responsible for his death, and nobody should bear a minute percentage of the blame.

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Austema(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2021
MrEazi223:
For those feeling neglected, not loved and not loved enough today... Let me use this opportunity to tell you, I love and care for you. You're a great person and you deserve the best things of life. Have a great day!

Smiles.... Thank you so much, have a great day too.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by AnanseK(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2021
Sorry for the Doctor who committed suicide, but all the effort made to link this death to Yusuf Buhari is malicious nonsense. The guy committed suicide because he failed his exams or perhaps because of the pressure of Bank lone.

Life is tough, many people became rich and famous because another door opened when the lost a job. We know many of them.

If Dr. Oba Femi was lucky to have passed his PLAB exam he would probably be thanking his stars for the decision to go abroad. He would be thanking NISA Premier Hospital for sacking him and thanking Yusuf Buhari for taking bike riding as a hobby and for calling at Nisa Hospital as an emergency. He would be thanking the Nisa Hospital administration for placing him on duty that evening etc etc.

But the one thing that that Dr. Oba Femi had is a sound professional judgement by promptly sending Yusuf to Cedar Crest Hospital.
It was the best decision.
Any good Doctor in Abuja would send a road traffic accident victim to Cedar Crest Hospital and and a case of pregnant woman in Obstructed labour to Nisa Hospital.

We must recognize the expertise and specialities of even top level medical centers. Dr. Obafemi did that very well. If he didn’t , the recent wedding in Kano perhaps wouldn’t have happened.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Wins In Benue With 310,468 Votes / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.