Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,742 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? (785 Views)

Mention One Thing You Wished You Knew And Did Before Graduating From School / My Last Whatsapp Class Before... / Ahmed Bature, Nigerian Defence Academy Best Graduating Student (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by boyfwend(m): 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2021
I am in deep pain and solely depressed.
I'm tired of crying, still don't know what to do right now, that is why I brought these matters to NL.
I school at one of the universities in Nigeria and am currently a level 200 student.
During year one, I was over consciously doing well with the first and second semesters without any atom of carryover.
Two months ago, we wrote our first semester exams, last week we resumed for the second semester for 200l.
The issue now is that results were published 21hours ago, and I just checked mine and discovered that my cgpa has dropped drastically to third class, with two carryovers.
I don't know what to do and don't know who to talk to. I've cried and cried, and I'm tired!.
I worked very hard last semester going to night class to study, attending every class both on weekends. But it turns out the results didn't favour me....
My question now is, can I still achieve first class with the two years left for me to leave the school?

Please I want to hear from those that has been in these place before.

I'll be at the comment section.

Lala please frontpage.
Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by osuulola(m): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Only believe!

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by kestolove95(m): 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2021
Stop punishing ursef..carry within you get comot
Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by oranget(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2021
Graduating with First Class will not even guarantee you success. Just try your best to regain lost grounds and DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE
Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by Spicylate(f): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
You haven't completed the race and you are on the verge of giving up? c'mon! Just wipe your tears and tell the hurdles in front of you that YOU ARE CAPABLE OF BRINGING THEM DOWN. You can only succeed if indeed you want to. All the best.
Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by NDSMELODY(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
Student should have ability to differentiate between studying and reading,I can take a novel and read every chapter in a day but ask me question from chapter one I may not be able to answer correctly you know why ? Reason is that I did not study each chapter very well I only read for reading sake. What I want to bring out from this illustration is that don't just read for reading sake but try to understand each course content intensively, if you are tired take a break and come back but when you come back revise what you have studied previously,try a lot of examples on it,if you have gotten that right you can never forget it before or after your exams. Also move or make friend with those that are brilliant in your class,avoid pride nobody knows every thing just try to upgrade yourself each day by combining different text books,above all God will help you but help yourselves because heaven only help those who help themselves.
Base on your cgpa improvement, you can still graduate with best result your heart desires, just pray and work hard,never mind those that belittle the power of graduating with good result,there are lots of opportunities attached to it,let me use my experience to burst your brain,I started with cgpa of 3.40 in 100l elect/elect engineering, i didn't expect this result as I worked hard in my year one but I encouraged myself and move on,at 400l my cgpa was 4+ and my project supervisor used that result to group us in my final year project,we were 10 in total,when I entered final year I was thinking on how I would cope with project fee couple with tuition fee as my school fee was increased then,but with help of God and my result I and my project partner was given a research work which doesn't cost much as expected. Result might not be relevant here in Nigeria but believe me it plays vital role in securing full fund scholarship abroad especially in US or Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by arthurwillia(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2021
Op you can’t make first class thats the blatant truth, just focus of making good grades and learning a skill too, this is the best time to do that, after scho might be late
Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by arthurwillia(m): 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
oranget:
Graduating with First Class will not even guarantee you success. Just try your best to regain lost grounds and DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE

Ohh please I don’t know how you guys downplay having first class, with right information 1st class is just a step for who get am, it will open doors for more goodies.

1 Like

Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by oranget(m): 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2021
arthurwillia:

Ohh please I don’t know how you guys downplay having first class, with right information 1st class is just a step for who get am, it will open doors for more goodies.
Open doors for more goodies? Maybe.
What I was saying in essence is that He should roll up his sleeves and work harder to get better results in other coming exams. But he shouldn't feel like having a first class is a guarantee for success.
Re: Can I Still Make First-class Before Graduating? by arthurwillia(m): 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2021
oranget:

Open doors for more goodies? Maybe.
What I was saying in essence is that He should roll up his sleeves and work harder to get better results in other coming exams. But he shouldn't feel like having a first class is a guarantee for success.

Apt

(1) (Reply)

Is ASUU Still Gonna Strike Today? / Can I Use Law Degree From Nigeria To Work In A Foreign Country? / Expelled UNIZIK SUG President Who Grabbed 1st Class In UK Finally Speaks Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.