Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

What Percentage Can A Property Rent Lawyer Charge? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Percentage Can A Property Rent Lawyer Charge? (442 Views)

What Is Formular For Calculating Percentage Of Building / I'm Looking For Property/rent Management Software Company / 10 Ways To Own A Property In Nigeria With Little Or No Money Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Percentage Can A Property Rent Lawyer Charge? by Mandote: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

I am not familiar with the legal terms or jargon to use in my explanation. Nevertheless, I will describe the situation in the most understandable manner.

I think the relative (a woman overlooking the property, at least for now) is playing foul, for 7 years now. I have also never been interested in the legal documents citing the lawyer-landlord agreement until today. I've also never been interested in what amount is charged per rent or not (out of trust).

My reason for being suspicious is due to a recent event unfolding that the relative lied about (1) the amount of money received on land sales and (2) putting the property ownership in the name of one person instead of two. Note that the late property owner did not Will any of his properties. His death was the least expected, and he wasn't informed about a Will (he knew nothing about making a Will, and so, did not leave a Will till death).

When these accusations were put forth, the relative did not deny charging more than was reported for the piece of land. However, she tried beating out the bush regarding the second accusation (putting the house in one name), which she mistakenly mentioned sometime during the lockdown, but I chose to keep it from her.

Not to bore you: the property manager claims the lawyer receiving the house rents takes 30% of any rent amount. I want to confirm if this is the norm.

State/City: Akwa Ibom, Uyo

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

I'm Planning To Drill Borehole But I Have A Few Concerns / Fairly Used Fully Automatic Concrete Block Making Machine With Moulds For Sale / My Former Landlord Is Disturbing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.