Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back (1949 Views)

How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? / Felt Bad My Students Said I Am Into Yahoo, Teaching Can't Afford My Lifestyle / Bizarre Photo Of Monkey 'Working' At A University In Taiwan Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by wearsandtrends1: 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
My life
Well that grass to Grace and the to Grass Again!

When my Pman found out 3 years ago and i heard through the grape vine his remark was 'i got a monkey on my back'
Following me wherever. Bear in mind i am the only one in my generarion exposed to physcotics

What did pops mean by

i got a monkey on my back
Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by Shellsploit: 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2021
Wait, lemme quickly swallow my guava seeds before i comment!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by illicit(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
He means u have gone bananas

That's monkeys food wink

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by gasparpisciotta: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
Meaning you need to rid yourself of some issues perhaps personal or general.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by Generalwoodz(m): 7:28am On Aug 26, 2021
Your dad sees what others can't see.
Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by aieromon(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2021
wearsandtrends1:

What did pops mean by

i got a monkey on my back

It's an idiomatic expression

to have a serious problem that is making your life difficult or unpleasant

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/have-a-monkey-on-your-back

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:58am On Aug 26, 2021
He means you have some habit you should do away with. The monkey is more symbolic than the impression you have that it's a spiritual monkey wink
Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2021
its just an idiomatic expression that means having an addiction one can not control. Let's say, finding it difficult to withdraw from drug addiction.
Nothing spiritual about the statement.

You too try and break the habit for good. Maybe see a psychiatrist.
Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by sunshineV(f): 12:31pm On Aug 26, 2021
Mercychen:
its just an idiomatic expression that means having an addiction one can not control. Let's say, finding it difficult to withdraw from drug addiction.
Nothing spiritual about the statement.

You too try and break the habit for good. Maybe see a psychiatrist.
it means to have a problem thats uneasy to solve or get rid of

1 Like

Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2021
sunshineV:
it means to have a problem thats uneasy to solve or get rid of

It majorly has to do with addictions or bad habits one finds difficult to break free from.
Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by stainlessnature: 2:11pm On Aug 26, 2021
Having a monkey on your back means........... carrying a problem or issue that is not meant to be yours in the first place, and you being opportune to do away with that problem/issue rather, you prefer to carry it all by yourself

1 Like

Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by Cyphar(m): 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2021
When a monkey stays on your back, it is difficult to let go, even if you beat it with a stick. I guess you dad is trying to say that the problem is now part of you

1 Like

Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by Maverickking1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
Generalwoodz:

Don’t be so dramatic. He probably has a lot of baggage/issues he doesn’t want to confront:
Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by Maverickking1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
Generalwoodz:

Don’t be so dramatic. He probably has a lot of baggage/issues he doesn’t want to confront.
Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by Shellsploit: 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2021
Where is lalasticlacla sef shocked
Re: My Dad Said I Have a Monkey On My Back by khadaffi(m): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2021
You better see a psychiatrist before that monkey turns to an antelope and a lion use you for breakfast.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yabatech Post Ume Result Is Out: / If You Want To Be Rich And Happy, Don't Go To School / ATBU Merit And 2nd Batch Admission List 2014/2015 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.