Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169496 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
Damoxy:
Something that allows you save with a locked account that gives a % interest over a period of months

Why not save in USD on Piggyvest and earn some % interest on it?

wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obitryce(m): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
Happy Christmas to everyone, please am in dire need of a 2/3 bedroom house in a good neighborhood with car parking in Liverpool Speke, Garston, Merseyside to be precise. Could also do Widnes. Getting through agency has been a bit difficult and the few ones that seemed willing all projected 2nd week of January to make their property available. I don't have the luxury of waiting. Kindly assist if you can thanks. Max budget is £600...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
temmy59:
A question I am curious about to help in my decision making. Can someone on study permit invest or buy real estate properties in the UK. I believe people already living there are best to answer this question..

Yes, if you're a cash buyer or meet all the financial requirements to apply for a mortgage..........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
IvanCardozo:

Just to buy normal needed stuffs, 2 months student accommodation, and transport here and there.

No exorbitant/lavish spendings. Just daily needs and 2months student rent.

This is more than enough here
If u cook sef go to Aldi on marks road and Hutchinson in Chester road close to royal hospital you won't spend more than 100 on food weekly
Rent is fair too but depends on taste but you can get ensuite for max 420 better manageable one
Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
House, I need advice, please. I'm looking for suggestions for a nice living area that's not more than 1hr train ride from Chelsea harbor. If possible, I don't want to live inside of London, for costs, etc. My papa no be Dangote, abeg, so no highbrow areas, just a generally great area with the usual amenities and away from all the London gang wahala.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
obitryce:
Happy Christmas to everyone, please am in dire need of a 2/3 bedroom house in a good neighborhood with car parking in Liverpool Speke, Garston, Merseyside to be precise. Could also do Widnes. Getting through agency has been a bit difficult and the few ones that seemed willing all projected 2nd week of January to make their property available. I don't have the luxury of waiting. Kindly assist if you can thanks. Max budget is £600...
You can get all that with £600? I would be shocked...

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
mizGene:

As I no too sabi the location I just mute make elders talk may be unfurnished Ina distant location
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
Merry Christmas fam
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
kode12:
House, I need advice, please. I'm looking for suggestions for a nice living area that's not more than 1hr train ride from Chelsea harbor. If possible, I don't want to live inside of London, for costs, etc. My papa no be Dangote, abeg, so no highbrow areas, just a generally great area with the usual amenities and away from all the London gang wahala.

Chelsea harbour got some lovely flats, overlooking that river........... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
Hello, can someone suggest a cheaper mobile network or app for calling Nigeria. The charges from lebara and lycamobile are quite expensive for me. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Chelsea harbour got some lovely flats, overlooking that river........... cheesy
Baba how far now You wan join my congregation of village people send me go back in 2021 abi?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
aragbaboy:
Hello, can someone suggest a cheaper mobile network or app for calling Nigeria. The charges from lebara and lycamobile are quite expensive for me. Thanks.
I've used Boss Revolution for a while and it's quite cheap, but I believe there might be still cheaper alternatives out there.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by 5gee: 10:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
aragbaboy:
I use white calling app.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2021
kode12:

Baba how far now You wan join my congregation of village people send me go back in 2021 abi?

Imagine overlooking Chelsea's football ground...... Those Villa pipu go know say, you don arrive ......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
aragbaboy:

Kuku just use WhatsApp calls or video calls ....... Be like say this SAPA, no wan gree you pay at all ....... smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:56pm On Dec 24, 2021
Very possible, houses are “cheap” up north
mizGene:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 12:01am On Dec 25, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 12:19am On Dec 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Imagine overlooking Chelsea's football ground...... Those Villa pipu go know say, you don arrive ......... grin

Diaris God oh.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 12:20am On Dec 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:29am On Dec 25, 2021
kode12:

Diaris God oh.

Your request is like looking for a squirrel, with a hunch back........... grin

You don't want to live in London, yet you want an hour train ride to Chelsea harbour...............

Let me start by suggesting Dartford (as a kenturian)........ grin

Dartford rail station is a main connecting hub, get a train to London bridge or Waterloo and take the underground to Fulham Broadway (or get a folding bike )......... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 3:54am On Dec 25, 2021
If you have contract with Vodafone you can sign up for international saver. It costs £3 per month for 100 minutes or £7.50 per month for 500 minute. These rates are the cheapest I have seen so far.

aragbaboy:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 4:02am On Dec 25, 2021
aragbaboy:
Boss revolution isn't bad, the quality is crisps. Or you can tell people back home to register smile voice for you. It's VoIP tho, so your internet connection strength is a big factor, else yiu will end up in the[b]hello, hello, hello mtchew loop grin[/b]

Whereas boss revolution can use your internet or your cellular minutes for calling. It's pricer than smile voice but offers more stable connection.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by suffye: 5:21am On Dec 25, 2021
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 6:42am On Dec 25, 2021
May all that is beautiful, meaningful and brings you joy be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year!"

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 7:53am On Dec 25, 2021
5gee:

I use white calling app.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 7:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Kuku just use WhatsApp calls or video calls ....... Be like say this SAPA, no wan gree you pay at all ....... smiley

But you supposed know say some people for Nigeria are not on WhatsApp na
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Please I need an advice on how to manage with my 2 kids , age 5 and 3years alone and working as nurse, 12hours shift 3 to 4days a week. I need advice and suggestions please �
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2021
aragbaboy:

But you supposed know say some people for Nigeria are not on WhatsApp na

Depends on the people you know ......... The people I know, are ............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 9:20am On Dec 25, 2021
DFmum:
Please I need an advice on how to manage with my 2 kids , age 5 and 3years alone and working as nurse, 12hours shift 3 to 4days a week. I need advice and suggestions please �

Might not be easy but it greatly depends on your location, where in the UK are you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DFmum: 9:32am On Dec 25, 2021
Cambridge
tushqueen:

Might not be easy but it greatly depends on your location, where in the UK are you

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.