Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1174615 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

Everything no be by government. Even the govt na from the people. Govt no dey fall from sky

True
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:02pm On Jan 02, 2022
Chreze:

Nigeria could be one of the biggest country on earth. We have all that this other people have combined. We have the brain to stand any level of pain to get result. That is an outstanding quality. But inferiority complex is what is affecting we Nigerians.

Government, I don’t talk about them cos if you look closely, na me and you be the government. Nigeria’s present problem is parenting. We are bad parents in Nigeria. Take it or leave it. The day we start to raise our children in the right ways, that is when we will be able to have a good leader seating in high chairs and table.

I think poverty is one of the causes and that can be solved by the government with massive industrialization and provision of the basics

If they can Decide to fix just electricity and internet, a whole lotttt can happen within 5 years.. But we know as the story be

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

We cant surpass them in two lifetimes...a country where young guys steal pants to make money?

Oya come and be going cheesy cheesy you have scattered the table

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2022
hustla:

I think poverty is one of the causes and that can be solved by the government with massive industrialization and provision of the basics

If they can Decide to fix just electricity and internet, a whole lotttt can happen within 5 years.. But we know as the story be

If you fix electricity and internet right now in Nigeria, you have just empowered us to become the best internet fraudsters the worlds has ever seen. In fact the best criminal is what we will become. Pablo and ep chapo go be learner for where our matter de.

We need to fix our mindset first. And with Nigerians present circumstances, you have to fix us with the poverty so that we know what having wealth is and should be about:

1. Not to intimidate others.
2. To provide for the country at large
3. Not to steal to get it so that we can be proud of our work.

Bros na big work na why I say make we just start to de raise our kids right.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by olizzz(f): 5:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
I am a student and I will like to bring in my Mum to help with taking care of my children. please what’s the procedure? I will appreciate anyone who can help with the information. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2022
ukay2:

Please how can we raise our children kn a good parents way?

Really want to learn....thanks.

You won set me up. Hehehehehe.

Basically we lack real love in Nigeria. I am a Christian permit me to use a part of the Bible.

Love your neighbor as yourself. This is the solution to everything. If I love you as myself, it means that I no go do anything wey go hurt you cos I can never do anything to hurt myself.

Love is care.
Love is laughing together
Love is crying together
Love is doing everything together.

The religion in Nigeria is upside down, preachers preach the wrong notions to people.

My brother my sister, the matter long.

But one thing I know is we failed because we were raised by bad parents. And no be our parents fault, they were raised by bad parents too. The generation of bad parenting started when a particular chain of parents raised educated children, but the children were unable to different between gift and goal (birth of inferiority complex).

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DanWord(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2022
Let me just chip this in. From my observation here in the UK, these indians are genius. If according to what i know about genius. In our Java Class, a guy who resumed in September completed the coursework in less than 3 hours. What will all have been doing group meeting for, this is a guy who came barely October ending nearly a week to end of course. He has never coded in java. All the oyinbo gather the guy like he was einstein. I also notice same in cyber forensic class, in our lab we have classwork for two hours, before twenty minutes the indians will submit and leave the class. When we are still studying the classwork description, trying part one.

Those guys are good and best thing about them is their cooperation is out of this world. Northerns dey learn work for where this guys dey. An Indian guy who resumed late see are dey gather the guy give him all the materials, speak their language adding him to course group. Before a week the guy was already settled. Mine case was different the only Nigeria guy there dey speak phoney, behaving like something I don't know, because he has been in the UK for quite a long.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 6:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
DanWord:
Let me just chip this in. From my observation here in the UK, these indians are genius. If according to what i know about genius. In our Java Class, a guy who resumed in September completed the coursework in less than 3 hours. What will all have been doing group meeting for, this is a guy who came barely October ending nearly a week to end of course. He has never coded in java. All the oyinbo gather the guy like he was einstein. I also notice same in cyber forensic class, in our lab we have classwork for two hours, before twenty minutes the indians will submit and leave the class. When we are still studying the classwork description, trying part one.

Those guys are good and best thing about them is their cooperation is out of this world. Northerns dey learn work for where this guys dey. An Indian guy who resumed late see are dey gather the guy give him all the materials, speak their language adding him to course group. Before a week the guy was already settled. Mine case was different the only Nigeria guy there dey speak phoney, behaving like something I don't know, because he has been in the UK for quite a long .

I am sorry but you no be better person for this last part wey you add to your write up. Hahahahaha. You don kill me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Damilolly(f): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2022
jesmond3945:
what is the essence of relocating to uk without anything to show back home. People will deride and curse you. For tier 2, I would not mind but not for tier 4. Imagine taking your last card to do psw for you and your family while hoping for the best. I see it as unwise.

Are you serious? If you're younger than mid 20s I excuse you but please consider realigning what drives you in life.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SirWellington(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02, 2022
DanWord:

Those guys are good and best thing about them is their cooperation is out of this world. Northerns dey learn work for where this guys dey. An Indian guy who resumed late see are dey gather the guy give him all the materials, speak their language adding him to course group. Before a week the guy was already settled. Mine case was different the only Nigeria guy there dey speak phoney, behaving like something I don't know, because he has been in the UK for quite a long.

You nailed it. They are very cooperative. In our company here in dubai, we recruited one of them few months ago into the HSE department, after getting to know his onions on the job he spoke to the HR team about another Indian back home, the company sponsored the guys visa to dubai, this my colleague told this guy likely questions they would ask during the interview, baba nailed the interview neatly. Then on the job he puts him through like they are twins, now they are contemplating bringing another Indian to replace me. I wanted to bring in a Nigerian guy but sequel to the "Nigerian factor" the UAE stopped sponsoring employment visas for Nigerians. These are the issues.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
Chreze:

If you fix electricity and internet right now in Nigeria, you have just empowered us to become the best internet fraudsters the worlds has ever seen. In fact the best criminal is what we will become. Pablo and ep chapo go be learner for where our matter de.

We need to fix our mindset first. And with Nigerians present circumstances, you have to fix us with the poverty so that we know what having wealth is and should be about:

1. Not to intimidate others.
2. To provide for the country at large
3. Not to steal to get it so that we can be proud of our work.

Bros na big work na why I say make we just start to de raise our kids right.

God will help us ooooo cos Nigeria seems to be working in reverse laidis
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
DanWord:
Mine case was different the only Nigeria guy there dey speak phoney, behaving like something I don't know, because he has been in the UK for quite a long.

Ordinary course outline wey I ask, all I heard was 'When you come, you go see am'

Some even stopped responding smh, as if it's a competition smh

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tolajay: 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
You can search the Occupation Shortage List to confirm if your field of work is listed and eligible for sponsorship and work visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations

AnaCheks:
Please somebody help me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AnaCheks(m): 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
tolajay:

You can search the Occupation Shortage List to confirm if your field of work is listed and eligible for sponsorship and work visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2022
olizzz:
I am a student and I will like to bring in my Mum to help with taking care of my children. please what’s the procedure? I will appreciate anyone who can help with the information. Thanks
invitation letter, tenancy, pay slips and bank statement. She also has to provide documents that tie her to naija like bank statement, pay slip, letter from employer and consent letter from her husband.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by STENON(f): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
olizzz:
Don't ever mention that she is coming to take care of your children in your application. Who is going to be her sponsor ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 8:15pm On Jan 02, 2022
Thanks my brother.

LagosismyHome:

Welcome and join us in the hussle. May God bless your new journey
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ohh no I am not.

Grew and lived in Ibadan.

hustla:

Congrats bro

I do know one Jide Awe in Abeokuta, not sure it's the same as you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ActivatedDreams: 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
Happy new year house,

I have a background in Electrical and Electronics Engineering but I’ll like to dive into IT for my MSC. So my question is Which IT course for MSC do you think is currently more marketable in the UK for sponsored jobs considering your experience.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by olizzz(f): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2022
Thanks

jesmond3945:
invitation letter, tenancy, pay slips and bank statement. She also has to provide documents that tie her to naija like bank statement, pay slip, letter from employer and consent letter from her husband.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by olizzz(f): 8:28pm On Jan 02, 2022
Thank you

STENON:
Don't ever mention that she is coming to take care of your children in your application. Who is going to be her sponsor ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
DanWord:

if we help ourselves offline like we do here we would match the indians. I have stood for a nigerian brother when foreigners wanted to rope him into a police case. Even some nigerians called me a fool for doing that. I have helped fellow Nigerians to get jobs and get paid even by the Uk government. However, i discovered Nigerians are selfish. They dont have sense of community in Uk. A Nigerian would see opportunity and hide it unless they are fellow church members. Infact you are better off hustling alone. Thats why i love this thread and the community here. I will always contribute to help any way I can.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2022
ActivatedDreams:
Happy new year house,

I have a background in Electrical and Electronics Engineering but I’ll like to dive into IT for my MSC. So my question is Which IT course for MSC do you think is currently more marketable in the UK for sponsored jobs considering your experience.
cyber security

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by olizzz(f): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
Can I be her sponsor?

STENON:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:06pm On Jan 02, 2022
AnaCheks:
Can I send you an email please? I need some information
It's better to ask here so others can learn and you can get a variety of views.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ukay2: 9:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
Chreze:

You won set me up. Hehehehehe.

Basically we lack real love in Nigeria. I am a Christian permit me to use a part of the Bible.

Love your neighbor as yourself. This is the solution to everything. If I love you as myself, it means that I no go do anything wey go hurt you cos I can never do anything to hurt myself.

Love is care.
Love is laughing together
Love is crying together
Love is doing everything together.

The religion in Nigeria is upside down, preachers preach the wrong notions to people.

My brother my sister, the matter long.

But one thing I know is we failed because we were raised by bad parents. And no be our parents fault, they were raised by bad parents too. The generation of bad parenting started when a particular chain of parents raised educated children, but the children were unable to different between gift and goal (birth of inferiority complex).

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DaveChapelle: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
DanWord:

In my experience, they really study alot, and devote hours toit. Remindsme of aclassmate in sec school. Even after exams he stays back in class still reading. I agree with the shared learning from seniors. Things we in Nigeria do not really do. I believe if you devote the same time they do and research yourneedsor course work even before starting, when you resume,you willlook like a super star.But I guess there's more to life than books.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by okposm: 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2022
DanWord:

grin so sorry.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
harwe:
Thanks my brother.

I am a female .......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
I didn't have the same experience during my Masters (in Engineering). My class was dominated by Nigerians, Indians, Pakistanis and Chinese. Most of the people in top 10 were Nigerians. Only 1 or 2 Indian got in the mix. Others were just average. A lot of them even started speaking pidgin cos we intimidated them. grin

The Nigerians in my class were very good as most of them came to the UK on scholarship and majority finished their undergraduate with first class. Distinctions plenty!!! Most of my classmates work with big companies here in the UK while only few of the Indians got Tier 2 sponsorship.

So, maybe they are better in IT.

DanWord:

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obioraval(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2022
jesmond3945:
if we help ourselves offline like we do here we would match the indians. I have stood for a nigerian brother when foreigners wanted to rope him into a police case. Even some nigerians called me a fool for doing that. I have helped fellow Nigerians to get jobs and get paid even by the Uk government. However, i discovered Nigerians are selfish. They dont have sense of community in Uk. A Nigerian would see opportunity and hide it unless they are fellow church members. Infact you are better off hustling alone. Thats why i love this thread and the community here. I will always contribute to help any way I can.

Fellow church members. We wey no dey go church no fit get help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.