Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169545 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 10:09am On Jan 03, 2022
Chreze:

Normally when a conversation goes on for long, misconceptions start to come in as a result of dehydrated views by others. I never said Nigerians are not good.

From your Epistles I never read where you said Nigerians are not good grin But calling a group of individuals geniuses because they are good with mathematics resulting in their efficient use of a system designed with principles of mathematics baffles me.

Na that word "Genius" ppl dy vex with grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 10:13am On Jan 03, 2022
Chreze:

They are fed by Nigerians (their friends and relatives) in Asia and Middle East. So we still in it if you look at it properly.

Like you said, once a conversation drags, it derails the main purpose of the thread.

Peace tongue
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2022
@Lexusgs430 what do you think of vanguardinvestor? Any experience with them?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:17am On Jan 03, 2022
AirBay:
@Lexusgs430 what do you think of vanguardinvestor? Any experience with them?

I don't trade with Vanguard, but I have numerous Vanguard ETF's ............
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:21am On Jan 03, 2022
AirBay:

From your Epistles I never read where you said Nigerians are not good grin But calling a group of individuals geniuses because they are good with mathematics resulting in their efficient use of a system designed with principles of mathematics baffles me.

Na that word "Genius" ppl dy vex with grin

You tempt me to keep talking, but i will stop there. But compatriot I am not telling you what I read, I am telling you what I know. Also you are wrong if you think India has a system designed for greatness. The people you see succeed are those that have chosen to. The country is very much like Nigeria where system bring us down but we excel because we have chosen to.

Thanks and blessings

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2022
Chreze:

You tempt me to keep talking, but i will stop there. But compatriot I am not telling you what I read, I am telling you what I know. Also you are wrong if you think India has a system designed for greatness. The people you see succeed are those that have chosen to. The country is very much like Nigeria where system bring us down but we excel because we have chosen to.

Thanks and blessings

cheesy Enjoy your week

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2022
Lexusgs430:

I don't trade with Vanguard, but I have numerous Vanguard ETF's ............

Alright.... grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2022
AnaCheks:
Okay Thanks, I wanted to ask about certification that one needs to have in order to be qualified to work as an electrical engineer(majorly wiring and maintenance).
2. Is it possible to get a job(Sponsorship) from Nigeria here in Electrical engineering field.
Thanks.
On number 2, it is possible but may be difficult. The easiest way may be through a recommendation or intra company transfer.
I do not know about wiring certifications required but for Electrical engineering, being an IET chartered engineer is good to have. I suggest you look at several job boards - LinkedIn, indeed etc and send out applications or enrol for a masters degree and then use that period to apply for jobs in-country.
You could also explore the tier 1 exceptional talent route. For that you need the endorsement of the royal academy of engineering. You can google and get more information online. IT route seems to be easier than Engineering but it is definetely possible. I wish you the best and Happy new year. @dupyshoo, any other tips for him/her?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2022
@Anacheks,
1) City and guilds Electrical Installation Level 2/3 will be good to have to understand BS standards and regulations.
2) Will be difficult (not impossible) to get a job straight from Nigeria. Student route provides the best opportunity get a job.

dustydee:

On number 2, it is possible but may be difficult. The easiest way may be through a recommendation or intra company transfer.
I do not know about wiring certifications required but for Electrical engineering, being an IET chartered engineer is good to have. I suggest you look at several job boards - LinkedIn, indeed etc and send out applications or enrol for a masters degree and then use that period to apply for jobs in-country.
You could also explore the tier 1 exceptional talent route. For that you need the endorsement of the royal academy of engineering. You can google and get more information online. IT route seems to be easier than Engineering but it is definetely possible. I wish you the best and Happy new year. @dupyshoo, any other tips for him/her?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wiselong: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2022
Can you suggest like how much in pounds should be in the sponsor account, if the person visiting from Nigeria is staying for about 3 months?

tushqueen:

Yes you can, you only need to show your payslips, bank statement, evidence of relationship, tenancy agreement and a few other things
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2022
wiselong:
Can you suggest like how much in pounds should be in the sponsor account, if the person visiting from Nigeria is staying for about 3 months?

minimum 3k to 5k with regular income
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dee2016: 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
Those who took the ecctis way, good long did it take to get results?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AnaCheks(m): 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2022
dupyshoo:
@Anacheks,
1) City and guilds Electrical Installation Level 2/3 will be good to have to understand BS standards and regulations.
2) Will be difficult (not impossible) to get a job straight from Nigeria. Student route provides the best opportunity get a job.

Thanks so much, is it possible to get the City and guilds from Nigeria?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AnaCheks(m): 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2022
dustydee:

Thanks so much God bless you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AnaCheks(m): 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2022
dustydee:

Thanks so much, God bless you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AnaCheks(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2022
dupyshoo:
@Anacheks,

Thanks so much, God bless you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 6:51pm On Jan 03, 2022
Chreze:

And this was just what I was saying. We are entering the insult stage. We can have conversation to improve and increase our knowledge. What I have said from the on set was based on research. The fraudsters you talked about in the west were brewed by us.

This is My last reply on this topic, and I am replying cos of the cross to entering into abuse on personality by you.

one of the first recorded fraud was by a white man, if I can call him that. It was the sale of the Eiffel Tower by some dude years after world war. It’s a long story so I will just leave it at that point. Nigerians are very intelligent people. One thing with knowledge is it can be used for good or bad. Hunger make people reason in a survival way (meaning, they only think of how to eat). This was what led to Nigerias using the knowledge for negative things. As of today, a reasonable amount of the bright kids are going left because the knowledge is not producing any good play, but their mates with same knowledge using it for negative course and making money. That’s why the fraudsters are increasing.

Take sentiment out, I am talking about how to fix the country. to fix the country we have to admit our failures, errors and mistakes. But above all we have to be honest and tell ourself the truth.

That is the end for me on this topic. Aprokodaughter said in one of her post that when conversation don de too long e no de good. And she’s right cos we wan de attack personality, which to me is my own line.

Regards and blessed week ahead.
Na wah, where the insult there?anyw ays, make I free U!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
Hello All

Someone posted a link for cheap, quality jackets some time ago

Does anyone remember the website?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
Apologies mam

LagosismyHome:

I am a female .......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Raalsalghul: 7:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
DanWord:

I don't let the jobs get into my way of uni. That's why I stayed clear of support or care work. Once the money start coming, you want to get more. I notice most agency are ready to give 40 hours they don't care. I agree all circumstances are not the same, most people who do this have to pay school fees. They work more than 20 hours or more. I had paid all my fees so I don't let small money get into my way when I know what I stand to benefit. This winter holidays I have been working on website design internship for 100 hours organized by my school and a local business. We only get paid £300. But the value of that experience to me is worth more than any part time job I can get. I have not work any job this winter break. I have spent most my time reading and on my internship. And during term I only work Saturdays and Sundays. Just to buy bus pass and pay necessary bills. Thanks for the advice. Cheers.

Good evening, please I sent you a P.M
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
hustla:
Hello All

Someone posted a link for cheap, quality jackets some time ago

Does anyone remember the website?

regatta?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by frank043(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2022
fatima04:
[/b]

Meanwhile for current students applying for Tier 2 jobs, one major tip in getting/negotiating for sponsorship is informing/educating the potential employers on the fact that they dont need to pay for Immigration Skills Charge if sponsoring an applicant switching directly from Tier 4 to work visa and subsequently after.

This saves about £1820 for a 5yr sponsorship for a medium or large organisation and the only cost to be incurred is the COS of £199.

Many thanks for your breakdown, fatima04. Please does this also apply to a dependant of a tier4 visa holder negotiating for sponsorship?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2022
Please I need help with a kids cream (body cream). He has passed the baby stage. We have stopped the baby stuffs. We have been using sanex kid soap, but We never see cream since. I have checked Morrison and asda. Also asked the people who worked there but they keep directing to the baby section and na baby lotion de there (asda).

NB: If the complexion is necessary, The baby is fair and becoming lighter in complexion.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2022
Chreze:
Please I need help with a kids cream (body cream). He has passed the baby stage. We have stopped the baby stuffs. We have been using sanex kid soap, but We never see cream since. I have checked Morrison and asda. Also asked the people who worked there but they keep directing to the baby section and na baby lotion de there (asda).

NB: If the complexion is necessary, The baby is fair and becoming lighter in complexion.

There's several options. We just use what's readily available - Johnson and johson baby oil, there's Dove and also the regular baby cream. For our eldest, we used the baby cream variety till he was about 3 or 4.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
frank043:

Many thanks for your breakdown, fatima04. Please does this also apply to a dependant of a tier4 visa holder negotiating for sponsorship?

No it doesn't apply to dependant. Just the main applicant with the degree certificate

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2022
AirBay:

regatta?

Yes, thats it

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 10:12pm On Jan 03, 2022
Chreze:

My daughter is 2 and I am still using baby soap and cream for her and when I run out, I bath her with whatever brand of adult soap we have at home. Her complexion has remained same since birth.

We use aveeno baby toiletries in case

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
dustydee:

There's several options. We just use what's readily available - Johnson and johson baby oil, there's Dove and also the regular baby cream. For our eldest, we used the baby cream variety till he was about 3 or 4.

Ok thanks. The cream shelve de always empty, na soap plenty pass. I think I go follow your step and just stick to the little angels baby lotion wey him de use since birth. That one na asda de do am and it’s always there. We been de think say something specific for 3yrs and above go de. Something wey go de add some nutrient or skin growth for that age.

Thanks…
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2022
gratefulme40:

My daughter is 2 and I am still using baby soap and cream for her and when I run out, I bath her with whatever brand of adult soap we have at home. Her complexion has remained same since birth.

We use are no baby toiletries in case

Thanks. I de ask cos for some reason our new child facilitator de Check on us once in a while, I no know weather na because we all de small community, Or she just like the boy or as we move come the area newly she de check to de sure say we de settle in fine. But I no want story cos she de do the thing like say na all of us born the boy. grin

The old one only came once, called once again and that was it for almost 10months. This one now we fit de consider getting 3bed so that she go get one room. grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2022
Chreze:

One of mine had dry skin issues so we used Aveeno for everyone - still use Aveeno almost 8 years later

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2022
Ticha:

One of mine had dry skin issues so we used Aveeno for everyone - still use Aveeno almost 8 years later

My wife mentioned him having dry skin. I don’t really understand cos the skin look ok to me. I go tell her the aveeno. So she go read up. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 10:37pm On Jan 03, 2022
Ticha:

Yup, Aveeno is da bomb for dry skin. The one with shea butter

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.