Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1169492 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2022
Chreze:

grin Bros that thing de Pain. I no know the greed wey con enter people head again. You don buy market and pay, you con go your bank say you no buy market say na mistake.

I bet, those people get Nigerian and Indian blood for bodi.............. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 11:31am On Jan 07, 2022
Thank you

AirBay:

If you're looking for something nice, you need to increase your budget to £700 at least.

Avoid Aston, Westbrom, Bordesley, Soho Road, Lozells...na mad ppl full these areas.

You can check Erdington, Perry bar, Kings heath, Handsworth
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IcecoldDon: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2022
Much appreciated Bro!!! Thanks

dubaiprince:

EPC rating is a review of a property's energy efficiency that gives you an idea of how much energy you are likely to use based on the structural build of the property. The higher the better (A being the best). Any rating between A and D would be ideal but mind you electricity cost is based on usage no matter the rating. Your would be 6 year old is of school age (Yr 1). Once you get your accomodation and they arrive just visit your council website and full an one-year application (you should have the opportunity to state about 6 preferred schools) he/she would then be offered a space where available. For the would be 3 yr old, he or she would be school age next year but won't start till September 2023. He/she can start nursery and would be entitled to 15 hours weekly free childcare (you will need to apply for it)
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 11:59am On Jan 07, 2022
jimpix11:

After 3-4weeks of the trade, I received a letter from my bank that my account is on review. Also a letter came from the police inviting me for an interview regarding a money Laundering allegation. At the station, I was given a list of sellers on binance that reported my account to their bank. The report made was that I scammed them on a telegram investment group.

The only solution is to sell to ppl you know. selling for naira and exchanging to pounds may be another option but losses go dy.
Wow, an I just used the binance p2p to my UK bank since p2p to naira has been disabled. I hope no one comes after me because I hate wahala. I will just use the direct deposit to my account from Binance instead of p2p for my own peace of mind. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2022
Okay, thank you.
LagosismyHome:

There no eligibility other than applying and getting a job that comes with sponsorship..... for now its senior care worker. I keep seeing more of those roles with NHS do check nhs jobs.

If your job sponsors then check with their HR team or who does the recruitment. It possible that they don't sponsor for your particular level of support work or maybe they do. Only them can answer this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chalo147: 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2022
Please which airline did you use?
Want to be sure I don’t need to do the covid pcr before departure from MMA to Uk with a lay over flight like Qatar airways or Egypt?
I believe a direct flight don’t need to do the covid pcr test before departure
Thank you

wallg123:

I only booked the day 2 lateral flow test using boots.co.uk and it was delivered to my house before I arrived yesterday. This morning I did the test at home and uploaded the result on there site…
At MMA they asked for my passenger locator form, NHS vaccine pass or proof of vaccination and proof of day 2 lateral flow test.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
Chalo147:
Please which airline did you use?
Want to be sure I don’t need to do the covid pcr before departure from MMA to Uk with a lay over flight like Qatar airways or Egypt?
I believe a direct flight don’t need to do the covid pcr test before departure
Thank you

You need it for qatar
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2022
IvanCardozo:

Hello all,

Does this new law that took effect 4am today, by the UK govt mean I can step out. Been waiting for my day 2 result since 31st December that I did it and till now nothing.

You fit share link to the new rules?

Got in yesterday night
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IvanCardozo: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2022
Dear Ancestors una dọọ.

So it's this difficult to get a house in Edinburgh than getting a job.
Entered on the 19th December 2021.

Gotten three job offers. 2 Care jobs and Customer Service Advisor with ILOYD Bank.

Only one house viewed and I do not like it.

Dear Ancestors How do I get our own accommodation bikonu help your brother. School dey resume on Monday and I don't have where to stay so the children can start school.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightest(m): 2:18pm On Jan 07, 2022
Good day to the everybody in house, thanks for the support always pls if someone is owing HMRC, how can u pay them back as they refuse to pick their phone.

Thank u
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
Dbiks:
Hello house pls anyone staying in borehamwood here.

How easy and cheap is it to get to Archway.

I am thinking if I can get accomodation in borehamwood and my work is at Whittington hospital in North London which is few meters from Archway....

Or where can I get a fair accommodation for me and my wife around this axis....

Pls London people help your guy o....

Which ward? I dey come do agency for Whittington when the spirit leads!!

I was living in Watford when I used to go there. Easy journey from Watford but Watford isn’t really cheap to be honest.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2022
lightest:
Good day to the everybody in house, thanks for the support always pls if someone is owing HMRC, how can u pay them back as they refuse to pick their phone.

Thank u

Few times that I got mails from them about underpaying tax, they said they’d adjust my tax code so I didn’t have to do anything
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by obitryce(m): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2022
Please house, I am still in need of a 2/3 bedroom house or apartment in a good location and provides space for parking in Liverpool area (L15 - L24) will be fine. I can do £650-700. Please help a brother thanks..
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 3:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
lightest:

Thank u

A lot of fraudsters are using HMRC name to defraud people so please ensure its really HRMC .....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 3:08pm On Jan 07, 2022
lightest:

Thank u

If you have a Ltd company, HMRC will definitely send you a letter/bill and the account to pay into. If you're on PAYE, they will adjust your tax code to recoup their money bit by bit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
jimpix11:

I don resign from binance p2p. Wetin my eyes see no be small

The thing now na how person go take de sell. I really wish there is a shop here that gives cash in return for Bitcoin. E for just good for everybody.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightest(m): 3:13pm On Jan 07, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

If you have a Ltd company, HMRC will definitely send you a letter/bill and the account to pay into. If you're on PAYE, they will adjust your tax code to recoup their money bit by bit.

Thanks

I am on PAYE, and I worked for another agency for 3 weeks and I told the agency to be deducting the tax when I see that they were not I heard to stop only for HMRC to send me a letter that I am owing them. Since then I have being calling to ask how I will pay back. Is dia no way I can pay them back once ?.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2022
jimpix11:

After 3-4weeks of the trade, I received a letter from my bank that my account is on review. Also a letter came from the police inviting me for an interview regarding a money Laundering allegation. At the station, I was given a list of sellers on binance that reported my account to their bank. The report made was that I scammed them on a telegram investment group.

The only solution is to sell to ppl you know. selling for naira and exchanging to pounds may be another option but losses go dy.

F…. No way. I just read this. That’s serious. The thing don de fear me since cos person no know where the person wey de even send money to your account from see the money in the first place.

You must have felt it really hot. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 3:22pm On Jan 07, 2022
dustydee:

Wow, an I just used the binance p2p to my UK bank since p2p to naira has been disabled. I hope no one comes after me because I hate wahala. I will just use the direct deposit to my account from Binance instead of p2p for my own peace of mind. Thanks for sharing.

Abeg if you try the direct bank own and e work you let us know. I was using the direct deposit for naira then before they discontinued it. The difference is just small fraction. Atleast that one go better pass these whole wahala.

Also I go advice make you use UK bank wey de accept and sell crypto. I think sterling and Revolut are the two I know. I don’t think I have seen anything crypto on Monzo.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
lightest:

Thanks

I am on PAYE, and I worked for another agency for 3 weeks and I told the agency to be deducting the tax when I see that they were not I heard to stop only for HMRC to send me a letter that I am owing them. Since then I have being calling to ask how I will pay back. Is dia no way I can pay them back once ?.

Don't worry they are just sending you a notification before readjusting your tax code.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
lightest:

Thanks

P800, i have recieved one of those. you do not owe HMRC, you only hold on to their money because they will collect. This was on my letter:

What happens next
We will automatically collect the tax by increasing the tax deducted from your wages, salary or
pension, usually in equalnstalments for 12 months from next April. Or you can pay the tax you
owe now online through your PersonalTax Account. Go to
www. gov. uldcheck-income-taxlast-year.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Gloriouscrown: 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2022
hustla:

You need it for qatar
Hi please is there a link for this
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightest(m): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Don't worry they are just sending you a notification before readjusting your tax code.

Thanknu
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightest(m): 4:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
deept:

P800, i have recieved one of those. you do not owe HMRC, you only hold on to their money because they will collect. This was on my letter:

What happens next
We will automatically collect the tax by increasing the tax deducted from your wages, salary or
pension, usually in equalnstalments for 12 months from next April. Or you can pay the tax you
owe now online through your PersonalTax Account. Go to
www. gov. uldcheck-income-taxlast-year.
Thank u noted
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
Chreze:

Abeg if you try the direct bank own and e work you let us know. I was using the direct deposit for naira then before they discontinued it. The difference is just small fraction. Atleast that one go better pass these whole wahala.

Also I go advice make you use UK bank wey de accept and sell crypto. I think sterling and Revolut are the two I know. I don’t think I have seen anything crypto on Monzo.
I withdraw to my bank card and as at last week it was still working with 1% fee. It is instant as well.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2022
dustydee:

I withdraw to my bank card and as at last week it was still working with 1% fee. It is instant as well.

Ok. This is fine. I guess we can just stick to that. 1% fee for security is far far better than that extra money we make from p2p. Make person no go prison for something wey you no do. If not that binance actually has those transactions records, am sure our brother story for different. Make we just thank God for am.

Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2022
Chreze:

Ok. This is fine. I guess we can just stick to that. 1% fee for security is far far better than that extra money we make from p2p. Make person no go prison for something wey you no do. If not that binance actually has those transactions records, am sure our brother story for different. Make we just thank God for am.

Thanks for the update.
Yes the fee isn't much. I was just greedy and wanted a little more and now I am a bit apprehensive.
Binanace is likely to pass your details to HMRC for tax purposes though, so set some funds aside for tax. wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2022
Who get referral link for revolut?

wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2022
hustla:
Who get referral link for revolut?

wink

if you promise to complete it on time I will give you 50 pounds
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

if you promise to complete it on time I will give you 50 pounds

Something wey i go complete now now, I no get job na - just used someones referral link here for Monzo

Come give me 50 pounds oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.