Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1190365 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hila12(m): 12:47am On Jan 17, 2022
kaylov12:

kaylov12

Did your employer (skilled work visa sponsor) tick [maintenance] as part of your sponsorship offer. Or did you provide proof of fund when switching from tier 4
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 1:05am On Jan 17, 2022
Mashaunola:
Please help!!!!
I am a Masters student.
I have collected my BRP and applied for my NI number.
I have been in the UK for over 2 weeks now. I have been looking for Part time job (warehouse operative, sales assistant e.t.c) to kick start and office work based on my qualifications but haven’t gotten any yet. I have registered with quite a number of agencies.
Please can you recommend a reliable agency or website that can help. I currently stay in crick, Northampton.

I hold a degree from a uK university and am an ACCA UK qualified chartered accountant with years of experience in nigeria.

Please your kind response will be

appreciated
Please download IndeedFlex....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by canadaishome: 1:12am On Jan 17, 2022
justwise:
[/b]

Yes fill the form, pay and print out the form and payment receipt then buy the postal order, £120 in total + £12 vat

Can the postal order be bought at anytime?

Or it must be after the application is done and paid for online.
My second question also is for a minor whose surname doesn't match with the parent's surname, can the card name matching the surname of the applicant requirement be an issue in this instance?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 1:57am On Jan 17, 2022
Mamatukwas:
Hello People,

Please I have a friend that just put to bed in the hinterlands of Scotland. I want to buy good pap for her. Does anyone know a good plug in this UK I can buy from?

Thank you.

Mamatukwas, hmmm your friend grin grin grin
Hope someone will not quote this post next year.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AirBay: 8:21am On Jan 17, 2022
lawali:

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 11:11am On Jan 17, 2022
lawali:

Lmao
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 11:15am On Jan 17, 2022
lawali:

ROTFL grin You should see the way I cackled after reading your post!!

Na I’m done and have thrown away the key. Baby is hungrying me small ocassionally but my husband will fight with me if I try it grin

LOLLLLL!!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 11:24am On Jan 17, 2022
canadaishome:

Can the postal order be bought at anytime?

Or it must be after the application is done and paid for online.
My second question also is for a minor whose surname doesn't match with the parent's surname, can the card name matching the surname of the applicant requirement be an issue in this instance?

You can buy it anytime but it must be addressed to Nigerian embassy London

I’m not sure about your second question but you can’t go wrong with the baby’s birth certificate.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Xanderlex: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2022
Hello everyone.
Is it compulsory to take Vitamin D tablets for someone who just moved to the UK, considering the absence of sunlight here ?
Also due to the cold weather, I urinate a lot and seem not to get tasty. My wife actually forces me to drink plenty water due to kidney stones.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2022
No. It's your choice to make.
Xanderlex:
Hello everyone.
Is it compulsory to take Vitamin D tablets for someone who just moved to the UK, considering the absence of sunlight here ?
Also due to the cold weather, I urinate a lot and seem not to get tasty. My wife actually forces me to drink plenty water due to kidney stones.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DisGuy: 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2022
Hi All,

has anyone successfully applied for the 10 year Passport at the Nigeria High Commission?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babranancy: 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am migrating to London on Friday, any thing I need to know or bring along with me in order to prepare myself very well, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Babygal4eva(f): 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Babygal4eva(f): 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2022
Adapapaokoye:
Goodevening
Please if you are looking for a temporary job or a second job to supplement your income( minimum wage) and you are based in London (Southeast London preferred)
Please send me a mail
Thanks

HI, can't email on here but I'm interested.
Blazeu16@gmail.com kindly mail me. Thanks

Wish there was a WhatsApp or telegram group for this page. It's so informative.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DaveChapelle: 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2022
Xanderlex:
Hello everyone.
Yeah vit. D is good. Helps boost your levels and reduces body pains and low mood/ depression in winter. Watch your drinking when going out in the winter so you don't pisirii for body. Iusually rehydrate when i'mback home, so i don't wet myself outsde before finding a toilet which has happened to me before by the way---TMI

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2022
Xanderlex:
Hello everyone.

Yes it helps a lot take lots of water too. Vitamin D and vitamin for your bones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2022
smiley

[color=#000099][/color]
DaveChapelle:

Yeah vit. D is good. Helps boost your levels and reduces body pains and low mood/ depression in winter. Watch your drinking when going out in the winter so you don't pisirii for body. Iusually rehydrate when i'mback home, so i don't wet myself outsde before finding a toilet which has happened to me before by the way---TMI
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Stevepop: 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2022
Had my driving test today (first time), and I failed. Feeling really bad right now. The sun decided to come out today of all days, and the reflection on the wet grounds made me lose track of my lane while crossing the roundabout, thus causing brief obstruction for the car behind. That momentary lapse in concentration cost me the test. I'm sure my instructor must think I'm dumb cos she knows I'm very familiar with the roundabout. Had other 3 minors, manoeuvres and parking were good. Feeling sad cry cry cry . End of rants. Anyone mind sharing their driving test experience and maybe any tip to pass the next one.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
Stevepop:
Had my driving test today (first time), and I failed. Feeling really bad right now. The sun decided to come out today of all days, and the reflection on the wet grounds made me lose track of my lane while crossing the roundabout, thus causing brief obstruction for the car behind. That momentary lapse in concentration cost me the test. I'm sure my instructor must think I'm dumb cos she knows I'm very familiar with the roundabout. Had other 3 minors, manoeuvres and parking were good. Feeling sad cry cry cry . End of rants. Anyone mind sharing their driving test experience and maybe any tip to pass the next one.

Do Not Feel Bad. People that pass first time are a combination of lucky, freaks of nature or a liru bit of both smiley. Book another one immediately. You’ll pass the next time.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 2:33pm On Jan 17, 2022
Stevepop:

Don’t be too hard on yourself, you know where you made mistakes just concentrate on them for next time . Be sun ready, cool cool Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HollyMadison(f): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2022
Please can I use BRP for lemonade finance registration
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Sulee23(f): 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2022
Yes, I think they require an issued licence from the UK. That was what I used anyway.

HollyMadison:
Please can I use BRP for lemonade finance registration
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by izyblaze(f): 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
Dear Nairaland,
I’m a current post graduate Journalism and Media Communications student, seeking for a year internship in advertising, PR, social or digital media field. I have articulate communication skills, both written and verbal, with a knack for complaint resolution and building customer loyalty. I am eager to learn and improve my skills further, please link me up with any update you might have.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 4:43pm On Jan 17, 2022
lawali:

Hi Wonlasewonimi,

I have opened the account, transfer from another account to Revolut, pd for physical card and made not less than 4 online Pyt (above 5 pounds).

Have you been able to get the reward? Is the reward available and same for new account holder? Wetin we gain o ; cool grin

Pls what’s the best (reliable, cheap and fast) way of funding Monzo and Revolut account from money already in Naija bank account?

I want to believe I can get better options than going through black market.

Thanks

deleted
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2022
[quote author=wonlasewonimi post=109451900]

Noted. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2022
JRfeld:
I wouldnt want to live in the UK. At least in US I got guns.

:oSay it again. Real or Arsenal guns grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by marylandcakes: 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
JRfeld:
I wouldnt want to live in the UK. At least in US I got guns.

Ok
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2022
Quick one guys; I have a job interview nextweek. When is it best to ask if the company can sponsor for the role I’m applying for. It’s a care home and the name of the company is among the list of sponsors.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lawali: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2022
Pls what’s the best (reliable, cheap and fast) way of funding Monzo and Revolut account from money already in Naija bank account?

I want to believe I can get better options than going through black market.

Thanks [/quote]

Kindly help on above question. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 5:46pm On Jan 17, 2022
lawali:

Noted. Thanks

Cool .. please edit and delete my email
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

deleted

Mr proton mail we have the records

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.