Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1181866 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Maturedhustler:

Thanks Chreze for always having me in mind.
I appreciate the all responses (Healthyliving, Umarwy and Pearlyfaze) on my issue. I cherished the sincere advices.

I am already working out on keeping the kids here but will like to give more insight.

My 16yr kid will turn 17 by April and was in final class in Nigeria b4 we moved. He is expected to register for WAEC latest tomorrow, write WAEC & JAMB before June. I have not be able to secure permanent accommodation yet and all my kids are not back to school after 3wks in Scotland. I am just thinking allowing him to return will give additional opportunity to possibly apply to any other university/college outside UK. I know that will be at a cost.

The house search is causing me serious stress and making it difficult to take a clear decision.

Book an appointment with paisley housing association, tollcross housing association and springburn HA. You should be able to get a place.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Myati: 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Putin na another craze man.
I've stopped checking the markets and my ISA, might as well just hunker down for the long term.
On the other hand, for those which strong minds, this is the time to buy... wink

I am not even in the least tempted. I'm too disappointed. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Lexusgs430:

You did not cry when it was all green and you sold some positions o .......... tongue

It's a time to shop ........ grin

cry cry
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Khemhyte(f): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
gratefulme40:

@Myvic70, I see you tried sending PM, I don’t have the details to access that email anymore.

Can you kindly ask your questions here if possible as you’d get more opinions here

Hello ma'am, I am not the above mentioned name, though I also sent you a PM.
I've read through the nurses and midwives thread and considering your input and resourcefulness on that thread, I believe you can guide me through.
Will really appreciate if you can help with answers to my few questions.

*My present status*

I have a B.Sc background, graduated 2010 but intend to shift to nursing and also get it done outside Nigeria.

*Question*
Can you please advise me on how to go about it, what I need to do and probably the budget aspect.
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2022
The way Nigerians turn to YouTube bloggers when they arrive uk is really alarming hope they are paying them.

Everybody wan share informatian

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 9:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
The way people dey wait for this Healthcare assistant visa ehn (6145)…… I hope they won’t go and add comma to it cos I no trust these uk people. February 15th is almost here cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
Myati:

I am not even in the least tempted. I'm too disappointed. embarassed embarassed embarassed

cry cry

The markets would always go up and down....... Which is why they say, it's never too late to enter the stock market..........

Remember, you're buying with a long term view ........ cheesy

Portfolio diversification is KEY ...... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
Aprokodaughter:
The way Nigerians turn to YouTube bloggers when they arrive uk is really alarming hope they are paying them.

Everybody wan share informatian

grin

Boredom + unlimited wifi + boredom again

They start to monetize after a while

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Munamoqel: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
Nigerians see the tier 4 student visa as a settlement visa .I don't understand why any one would move with his entire family on a student visa at the same time he is departing arrive first hustle accommodation and understand the system like 3 months then bring your family . Traveling with family is stress ,then getting accommodation ,school for kid etc .we need to change strategy

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Munamoqel:
Nigerians see the tier 4 student visa as a settlement visa .I don't understand why any one would move with his entire family on a student visa at the same time he is departing arrive first hustle accommodation and understand the system a little like 3 months then bring your family . Traveling with family is stress ,then getting accommodation ,school for kid etc .we need to change strategy

Your opinion. Everybody’s situation is different grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 9:35pm On Jan 25, 2022
Gentle reminder as you arrive this Queens Land that they no dey too smile oh. If you do anyhow you see anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Munamoqel: 9:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
DeeOneBangin:

Your opinion. Everybody’s situation is different grin
based on the complains over housing etc come add course work .it not easy over 80 percent of person that got the post student work visa in 2012 all came back to Nigeria .so people should look at the statistics well and understand it gonna be a dead end for majority . A student and wife was even fighting on how to bring in their two parents .all on student and dependent visa .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2022
hustla:

grin

Boredom + unlimited wifi + boredom again

They start to monetize after a while

How many dey monetize? Their content is not original most na copy and paste.

Which boredom? That na why most of them dey cancel their shifts anyhow lols.

Before YouTube go pay you must have the followers, likes, comments and views. Most times they have the views but lack the followers and likes.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by descarado: 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mamatukwas:
Gentle reminder as you arrive this Queens Land that they no dey too smile oh. If you do anyhow you see anyhow.

That means all African shops are guilty.
Some proudly display these bleaching creams.

I saw top gel one day somewhere.
I was like, I knew this was bleaching cream as a kid.
Then I stopped seeing it. I saw it in uk again.
We must turn white by force.

Bobrisky started getting more attention the minute he rejected black colour. He do fair pass white people. Na fellow men dey nyansh that one not minding how he looks yonder.

And our dear men will come here to tell us black is beautiful while eyeing that sisi with skin of many colours.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by daholiest(m): 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2022
Thank you
TheGuyFromHR:

Everything you can think of, including the newly introduced care worker visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
I have a strong feeling they will require minimum NVQ level 3 in health and social care (the cost is about £900) as against the free health care training certificates
DeeOneBangin:
The way people dey wait for this Healthcare assistant visa ehn (6145)…… I hope they won’t go and add comma to it cos I no trust these uk people. February 15th is almost here cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by daholiest(m): 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Thank you
icon8:

Forget your MBA for a moment and ask yourself what kind of jobs do you have experience in? What work experience do you have in addition to your academic qualifications? Therein lies the answer to your question.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dubaiprince: 10:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Myati:
Am I allowed to cry embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry

This is march 2020 all over again.
@Lexusgs430

My investment ISA too is on a free fall. I am on a regular investment so I will still be buying the 'dip'. Like someone mentioned, it is to look at the longer term.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 10:36pm On Jan 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

How many dey monetize? Their content is not original most na copy and paste.

Which boredom? That na why most of them dey cancel their shifts anyhow lols.

Before YouTube go pay you must have the followers, likes, comments and views. Most times they have the views but lack the followers and likes.

Do am if e easy grin

Youtube is based on views and not likes or followers though ... they must reach a minimum sub point though

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
hustla:

Do am if e easy grin

Youtube is based on views and not likes or followers though ... they must reach a minimum sub point though

Followers is involved o and likes. If na by views people for done rich pass Dangote nah. Everything needs to be balance.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gratefulme40: 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
Khemhyte:

Hello ma'am, I am not the above mentioned name, though I also sent you a PM.
I've read through the nurses and midwives thread and considering your input and resourcefulness on that thread, I believe you can guide me through.
Will really appreciate if you can help with answers to my few questions.

*My present status*

I have a B.Sc background, graduated 2010 but intend to shift to nursing and also get it done outside Nigeria.

*Question*
Can you please advise me on how to go about it, what I need to do and probably the budget aspect.
Thank you.

Hi. I saw your PM. Apologies for not responding as I no longer have the password to that email.

To your question, what course did you study?

I think your best bet would be to explore the Msc nursing with registration. It’s a 2 years masters degree program that comes with licensing to practice in the UK. A lot of unis only offer it to those with first degree in medical/biomedical studies. I understand some other unis admit people regardless of what you studied in your undergraduate.

Your assignment will be to search and find out which universities offer it to those without a degree in medical sciences assuming your first degree is not in either medical Or biomedical.

Cost wise, it will depend on the tuition of the university you choose as each university’s tuition differs from another but you should be looking at nothing less than 9k a year, bear in mind it’s a two years course so we are talking about 18k.
You then have to also factor in costs of visa, flights, proof of funds (maintenance fee) and all, tuberculosis test. These other details you can find on the student thread really.

I hope this helps and gives you idea of what to do. Others will hopefully contribute

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:17pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mamatukwas:

No matter how den bleach reach, the crack must still dark ......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Anitaamich: 11:30pm On Jan 25, 2022
gratefulme40:

Hi. I saw your PM. Apologies for not responding as I no longer have the password to that email.

To your question, what course did you study?

I think your best bet would be to explore the Msc nursing with registration. It’s a 2 years masters degree program that comes with licensing to practice in the UK. A lot of unis only offer it to those with first degree in medical/biomedical studies. I understand some other unis admit people regardless of what you studied in your undergraduate.

Your assignment will be to search and find out which universities offer it to those without a degree in medical sciences assuming your first degree is not in either medical Or biomedical.

Cost wise, it will depend on the tuition of the university you choose as each university’s tuition differs from another but you should be looking at nothing less than 9k a year, bear in mind it’s a two years course so we are talking about 18k.
You then have to also factor in costs of visa, flights, proof of funds (maintenance fee) and all, tuberculosis test. These other details you can find on the student thread really.

I hope this helps and gives you idea of what to do. Others will hopefully contribute

For Nursing, it’s nothing less than 12k per year

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:04am On Jan 26, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

Followers is involved o and likes. If na by views people for done rich pass Dangote nah. Everything needs to be balance.

LOL go and confirm

Its per view, based on countries viewers are from

smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 12:04am On Jan 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

No matter how den bleach reach, the crack must still dark ......... cheesy

Comrade, which crack abeg

grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by harwe: 12:20am On Jan 26, 2022
UPLOAD YOUR CV ON CV LIBRARY AND SPECIFY JOB ROLE...

Mashaunola:
Please help!!!!
I am a Masters student.
I have collected my BRP and applied for my NI number.
I have been in the UK for over 2 weeks now. I have been looking for Part time job (warehouse operative, sales assistant e.t.c) to kick start and office work based on my qualifications but haven’t gotten any yet. I have registered with quite a number of agencies.
Please can you recommend a reliable agency or website that can help. I currently stay in crick, Northampton.

I hold a degree from a uK university and am an ACCA UK qualified chartered accountant with years of experience in nigeria.

Please your kind response will be appreciated
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Engobi(m): 12:59am On Jan 26, 2022
DeeOneBangin:
what’s happening feb15th?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:23am On Jan 26, 2022
Lexusgs430:

The markets would always go up and down....... Which is why they say, it's never too late to enter the stock market..........

Remember, you're buying with a long term view ........ cheesy

Portfolio diversification is KEY ...... wink

Before the madness began, I sold everything and went all in on Tesla. They are having earnings call tomorrow which might pump it up for me to exit this bleeding market.

This crash is not a blip rara. This is driven by US inflation, pandemic, Putin's war and so on. We shall overcome!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 1:26am On Jan 26, 2022
hustla:

LOL go and confirm

Its per view, based on countries viewers are from

smiley

Talo so fun e be..You must have a minimum of 1000 subscribers for YouTube to even consider you. Then, you have to push out top-of-the-shelf contents regularly to gain viewers. Goodluck to them.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:47am On Jan 26, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Before the madness began, I sold everything and went all in on Tesla. They are having earnings call tomorrow which might pump it up for me to exit this bleeding market.

This crash is not a blip rara. This is driven by US inflation, pandemic, Putin's war and so on. We shall overcome!

Inflation would come and go ......... cheesy

Pandemic would be managed.......... smiley

The war would never happen, it's simply posturing and solidarity 4eva .......... tongue

The bear and bull, would continually engage in their usual tugofwar......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:50am On Jan 26, 2022
wonlasewonimi:

Talo so fun e be..You must have a minimum of 1000 subscribers for YouTube to even consider you. Then, you have to push out top-of-the-shelf contents regularly to gain viewers. Goodluck to them.

We are saying the same thing LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.