Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183079 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2022
Viruses:

I understand better now after reading @LagosismyHome's comment.

You need a letter from your school stating that English is the medium of instruction. It will be issued by your school's registrar and addressed to NARIC. However, your school will not send it to NARIC themselves, they will send it to you then you will scan it and upload to NARIC.

I think you are better of with IELTS, just register for the next available one if what you want to use it for is time-bound.

I did IELTS and NARIC but I used the IELTS because before NARIC came out owing to my school's delay in issuing the said letter, I had already applied with IELTS and my visa was even out seff.

Thank you for your response. It's not time-bound and Canada don make me get PTSD for IELTS cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
hustla:

And we don collect blow for mouth lipsrsealed

I nor blame them. Nigerians no sabi change their ways. Tunisia don sabi their matter.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olinga(f): 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
Icesnow:
Hi all! Is Business Analytics a good career choice? Thanks.

Yes it's a wonderful career path

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2022
CheesyTee:

Thank you for your response. I will just upload the degree that I've got proof of English for.

It will definitely take time to get proof of English for my BSc.

Please do.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
Aprokodaughter:

I nor blame them. Nigerians no sabi change their ways. Tunisia don sabi their matter.

Na Buhari cause am grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 23, 2022
hustla:

Na Buhari cause am grin

I dey tell you lol anyway dem try
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by James4presh: 11:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
omopapa:
Can you do bank transfer? I can help with that

Yes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pijames: 11:50pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ahappygirl:
I need some pounds. What's your rate?

am in Bradford , where are you and what is your rate?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NemB: 12:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Erdington. But can courier anywhere in the UK.

Uk2020:

Do you have a location (offline/online)?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NemB: 12:33am On Jan 24, 2022
Yea

hustla:

For 54 gene?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NemB: 12:44am On Jan 24, 2022
I'll ask and get back to you

omopapa:
How much is meat pie o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 12:57am On Jan 24, 2022
Have you found yet? I have a good plug for you and she does several flavours sisi_ologi_uk on IG
Mamatukwas:
Hello People,

Please I have a friend that just put to bed in the hinterlands of Scotland. I want to buy good pap for her. Does anyone know a good plug in this UK I can buy from?

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tkoscents: 1:10am On Jan 24, 2022
Olinga:

Yes it's a wonderful career path

Yes a very good career and rewarding,the below link might help you in your decision making

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNcROJZ11rY

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kaylov12: 3:05am On Jan 24, 2022
kode12:

You need to go change your location/locale with the Playstore settings if you're Android. For some reason it can be stuck in another country and not automatically switch although Google can tell you're physically in the UK
If you use GOOGLE FAMILY LINK to monitor your children's devices, you must remove it, then go to setting and change your location. You can't change your location with other devices attached to yours through family link.

It happened to me and took ages to figure this out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Myati: 3:34am On Jan 24, 2022
mizGene:

Thanks. Someone shared moneybox earlier, for some reason it didn't recognise I am in the UK...kept saying not available in your country try...so I cdnt download it. Still same result now.

Anyone have a clue what the issue is? This also happened when I needed to download the tesco app.... And no, I am not using a VPN and Google can access my location

Strange! Are you using WiFi or mobile data? If mobile, try accessing the website using a WiFi connection, if home WiFi, try downloading on a different WiFi connection. Clear cache /clutter on your device and then try again. Restart your device etc.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mamatukwas: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2022
omopapa:
Have you found yet? I have a good plug for you and she does several flavours sisi_ologi_uk on IG

Yes someone recommended AdeAde and I used them. Will still check this person out. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by NemB: 8:30am On Jan 24, 2022
Oh I can drop the phone number in your mail it you want

Uk2020:

Do you have a location (offline/online)?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 9:02am On Jan 24, 2022
use OhentPay to send money to Nigeria . Rate is £770 today. Sign up with this link to get your first transfer for free https://www.ohentpay.com/i/6FBEB191E9

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2022
NemB:
Yea

Good to go
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 9:43am On Jan 24, 2022
mizGene:

Thanks. Someone shared moneybox earlier, for some reason it didn't recognise I am in the UK...kept saying not available in your country try...so I cdnt download it. Still same result now.

Anyone have a clue what the issue is? This also happened when I needed to download the tesco app.... And no, I am not using a VPN and Google can access my location

Create another Gmail account with UK as location and then sign into playstore to download
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by topellycategory: 9:48am On Jan 24, 2022
If one of your familymembers is affected I guess you will continue to support her action.. Enikan Lomo
claremont:

Leave Nigeria out of this as we don't live there and it's a misnomer to make that comparison.

At some point in the career of every single healthcare professional regardless of how good they are at their job, he/she will panic and he/she will make a mistake that might/might not lead to patient harm. The whole concept of improving patient safety is to continuously learn from mistakes and to prevent a reoccurence.

I'm not religious, but I understand that some religious people tend to scream Jesus/God when confronted with certain situations. If this Nurse received a suspension, she would have learned from this episode and received further training that would make her a better Nurse. This episode highlights why Nurses feel the responsibility they bear isn't worth the pay they receive, a single mistake is all it takes to end a long career.

The reason why I suspect racial bias is at play here and strongly believe this expulsion can be commuted to a suspension if this Nurse goes to court is because the NMC/GMC/GPhC are not immune to bias. There has been countless court cases won against them on the disparity of their decision making based on the skin colour of registrants.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by GodMercy2015: 9:49am On Jan 24, 2022
Good Morning everyone, I am silent reader of this group,learning from all the great contributors of this thread.
I just got an offer to study Big data in glassgow Caledonian university as well as data science in Cardiff metropolitan university. Please kindly advise which city will be best for a family of three in terms of accomodation, living expenses and availability of jobs. Thank you. September intake.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 11:17am On Jan 24, 2022
Thanks Hustla and Myati and Kaylov12..
I found out that the playstore app was stuck on Nigeria because I had made some app purchases in Nija.
What I did was to change app location to UK, this now moved me to the UK playstore..
Before now, I had no idea there were different versions....I guess it is a market strategy cos the pricing for apps are different for the different markets... I noticed apps on the Nija playstore are cheaper.. Canva for instance..can't remember the details..but definitely cheaper to buy in naira

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2022
Good morning Ancestors, please I need pounds, I have naira.

Who have pounds should DM me please.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lilipo: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
omopapa:
Na meatpie be substitute for gala, on the go

Let’s meet at number 10

This person's pastries, in my opinion, are the best. I have lived in the UK for so long and tried all sorts and yet to find anyone who can beat theirs. They deliver to any where in UK - link below. Packaging is on point and they even take custom orders. Try them out!

https://www.tolas.co.uk/

To add - I don't know them neither are they related to me.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ceesnation: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hello all,

Please how do I transfer from pounds (my account) to USD (recipient's account).

Someone recommended DT&T to me but it doesn't seem to be working.

It's urgent, help pls
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lilipo: 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=GodMercy2015 post=109645482]Good Morning everyone, I am silent reader of this group,learning from all the great contributors of this thread.
I just got an offer to study Big data in glassgow Caledonian university as well as data science in Cardiff metropolitan university. Please kindly advise which city will be best for a family of three in terms of accomodation, living expenses and availability of jobs. Thank you. September intake.[/quo

I know they have a language in Wales but they also speak English. I also don't think there would be much differences between the two in accommodation costs + living expenses. I am inclined towards Scotland because Glasgow is like the 'Economic hub' of Scotland but then again Cardiff is also popular in Wales and not too far from London. Its really up to you. I would suggest you look at rightmove to see rent prices in both places (that would be your largest expense to be honest) and see which works for your pocket.

Goodluck and congratulations on both offers.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
mizGene:
Thanks Hustla and Myati and Kaylov12..
I found out that the playstore app was stuck on Nigeria because I had made some app purchases in Nija.
What I did was to change app location to UK, this now moved me to the UK playstore..

Yw

Didn't have the patience cos they were asking for card details during my switch

I just created a new Gmail and linked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 2:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
hustla:

Yw

Didn't have the patience cos they were asking for card details during my switch

I just created a new Gmail and linked

Right, I had to put it in. Figured it is faster than creating a new mail lol. Also, I can always delete afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by biglizzy: 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please what options are open to someone hoping to migrate to the UK with their family?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Skilled worker visa (getting a job to give you sponsorship): cheapest option but not as easy
Post graduate student visa: more expensive but “easiest” option
biglizzy:
Please what options are open to someone hoping to migrate to the UK with their family?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
Cashapp
Ceesnation:
Hello all,

Please how do I transfer from pounds (my account) to USD (recipient's account).

Someone recommended DT&T to me but it doesn't seem to be working.

It's urgent, help pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.