Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177353 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 4:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Nursery schools always cost more than childminders.
Averagely you get 35 - 40 pounds for a half day session of 5 hours (7.30 - 1 pm, or 1 - 6 pm), full days are in the 65 pounds and above range.
And that's if you secure a place in one convenient for you in the first place.
I'm reasonably aware of the situation in Aberdeen because I'm helping a family member settle in there. As the previous poster said, the ELC entitlement in Scotland is 1140 hours, so my niece will qualify by January and they're even having trouble finding a nursery school reasonably close to them that has space for January.

Na wa oo so nursery is that expensive in Scotland, and here I was complaining when we had to move and was charged £50 for 7am to 6pm. At the former nursery, I was paying £165/ week for full time hours and it was a convenient location and standard wise very okay.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TrumpsWall: 4:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
You might stand a chance if you marry your brother wink

I'm just being naughty cheesy

ocpaschal:
Good Morning room... Pls I want to clarify an issue. Is it possible for a brother to be a dependent or apply as a dependent.
Secondly, my brother will travel to UK on a study visa this year. He is in his early 20s in age. Can he invite or bring his senior brother to the UK to be living with him as a dependant?
Thirdly, on what visa would a brother apply for if he is to join his other younger brother in the UK?
Also, Is it true that I can live with my younger brother in UK while he is studying?

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2021
Pearlyfaze:
Good morning ancestors.
Thank you all for the useful advice and information on Living in the UK.

Please we will be Landing in Aberdeenshire by November with a skilled worker visa.

We will need further advice on Living in Aberdeenshire. Cost of living: Accommodation, Utility, Job for me (Registered Maths Teacher here in Nigeria 4 years Experience Junior and Senior Secondary), Data Analyst (No Experience in Cooperate Organization). Customer Service (Bank 6 years experience As a Transaction Officer). Business Development Executive 3years Experience.

But i dey flexible, i fit do anything legit wey go bring money.

Any Nigerian community there that can offer assistance. Etc.

Biko help your brother

Hello,
Please did you get the skilled worker visa with your teaching job.

I asked because I teach mathematics as well with 10 years experience.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2021
Callmed:
Hello, please I am interested in the unpaid internship.

Good job, the experience is worth more than whatever you will get paid at this point.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
teeebest:

Hello,
Please did you get the skilled worker visa with your teaching job.

I asked because I teach mathematics as well with 10 years experience.

Nooooo my wife is a Nurse. Our ancestors here advised me to follow her for back and i took the advice. I am following madam for back.

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 6:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
Pearlyfaze:

Nooooo my wife is a Nurse. Our ancestors here advised me to follow her for back and i took the advice. I am following madam for back.

Like a kangaroo......... grin

Be like say nah front, joey dey put pickin....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Like a kangaroo......... grin

Be like say nah front, joey dey put pickin....... cheesy

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tushqueen(f): 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
fatima04:

If one has that amount to pay someone informally, I believe a nursery is better with proper structure and feeding included for cheaper or similar amount

By flat rate mean 30/40pounds for 2/3kids not just 1
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
tushqueen:

I think per child ó........ cheesy

That's why to born, dey burn londoners........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 6:45am On Sep 23, 2021
tushqueen:

That's seriously not just cheap, but beyond rock bottom.
I think anyone caring for 3 children at 30/40 pounds a day doesn't have papers to work.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2021
Pearlyfaze:
Good morning ancestors.
Thank you all for the useful advice and information on Living in the UK.

Please we will be Landing in Aberdeenshire by November with a skilled worker visa.

We will need further advice on Living in Aberdeenshire. Cost of living: Accommodation, Utility, Job for me (Registered Maths Teacher here in Nigeria 4 years Experience Junior and Senior Secondary), Data Analyst (No Experience in Cooperate Organization). Customer Service (Bank 6 years experience As a Transaction Officer). Business Development Executive 3years Experience.

But i dey flexible, i fit do anything legit wey go bring money.

Any Nigerian community there that can offer assistance. Etc.

Biko help your brother

Nigerian community?
You left Nigeria and you still dey find Nigerians?
Unfortunately, Nigerians abroad are generally no different from or less dysfunctional than Nigerians in Nigeria - you're more likely to find their strange and rather senseless feeling of being in competition with themselves than any genuine desire to help. Relate with Nigerians as individuals, and not as groups, you're more likely to achieve something that way.

20 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by descarado: 6:57am On Sep 23, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Nigerian community?
Unfortunately, Nigerians abroad are generally no different from or less dysfunctional than Nigerians in Nigeria - you're more likely to find their strange and rather senseless feeling of being in competition with themselves than any genuine desire to help. Relate with Nigerians as individuals, and not as groups, you're more likely to achieve something that way.
They no dey hear grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 6:57am On Sep 23, 2021
Lexusgs430:
I await the day when renewing a Nigerian passport, would only take 7 minutes............ grin

And you don't have to head into central london..... All started and finished, whilst doing a number 2...... cheesy

Hilarious - you want Nigeria to cease being Nigeria.
On a serious note, the lack of sensible thinking among those with power in Nigeria is what will kill the country. Why is it not possible for them to simply allow for people abroad to opt to reprint passports, given that all the info is contained in their database in Abuja? All they could have done is to say if you are happy reusing the photo we've already got in our database for you (and we've also got your fingerprints too), pay the fee, we'll reprint your passport for you, and you come to the HC on a specific day and collect it in person.

But no, common sense is not a Nigerian feature, everyone come to Northumberland Avenue and hang around, so we can show how dysfunctional we are.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:18am On Sep 23, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

On a serious note, the lack of sensible thinking among those with power in Nigeria is what will kill the country. Why is it not possible for them to simply allow for people abroad to opt to reprint passports, given that all the info is contained in their database in Abuja? All they could have done is to say if you are happy reusing the photo we've already got in our database for you (and we've also got your fingerprints too), pay the fee, we'll reprint your passport for you, and you come to the HC on a specific day and collect it in person.

But no, common sense is not a Nigerian feature, everyone come to Northumberland Avenue and hang around, so we can show how dysfunctional we are.

Fortunately, you have the ability to think..... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IamE: 8:43am On Sep 23, 2021
Congratz bro.
I would like to keep contact.
My wife is also a nurse, she is expected to resume by November. I intend joining her 3 months later as a dependent.

I have been using google to get vast idea of what i can do.
Aside carejob and warehouse jobs which are one of the easy jobs to come by i am looking at running certified courses in medical line so i can gradually fix myself into a skilled related job. .
I am open to other options.
Pearlyfaze:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Nigerian community?

Thank you Chief. Advice well taken.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DoubleN(m): 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
PLease who has GBP to sell for Naira?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2021
Wish I followed with reviews on this forum
Having a terrible experience with dante labs embarassed
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elisinho(m): 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Northumberland part got me

Comrade fgs grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
elisinho:

Northumberland part got me

Comrade fgs grin

Why? That’s the location of Nigeria High Commission.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chuukwudi(m): 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2021
Anyone with tips on how to find genuine love here? The girls I meet here dey always too fat or have mental issues.

The rest dey unstable. They like you today, the next day they don’t care and if they need you they come closer again.

I’m asking because as I’m seeing it... this their graduate route na scam o (Except you’re in Health related field) Ordinary to get internship na big problem. Even free one. Voluntary.

Note: I’m not doing a shit course. I’m studying AI and know what I’m doing.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

Nigerian community?

Valid point!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chuukwudi:
Anyone with tips on how to find genuine love here? The girls I meet here dey always too fat or have mental issues.

The rest dey unstable. They like you today, the next day they don’t care and if they need you they come closer again.

I’m asking because as I’m seeing it... this their graduate route na scam o (Except you’re in Health related field) Ordinary to get internship na big problem. Even free one. Voluntary.

Wahala be like bicycle grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by zeezaa(f): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2021
fatima04:

If one has that amount to pay someone informally, I believe a nursery is better with proper structure and feeding included for cheaper or similar amount

Hello dear, I sent you a private message, I want to discuss something with you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Raheemot(f): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2021
Check bumble and tinder
Chuukwudi:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Olalekank(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chuukwudi:

We singles in the UK should probably find a way to connect and find love

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chuukwudi:

@ bold cheesy .... Fat and fabulous. Everybody cannot be slim.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
DoubleN:
PLease who has GBP to sell for Naira?
I need Naira
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chuukwudi(m): 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2021
Olalekank:

We singles in the UK should probably find a way to connect and find love

Na scam o. If you see any Naija girl wey don get papers and all... she go dey look you like person wey wan reap where him no sow.

Na those ones wey them born for here I dey find.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mimzyy(f): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2021
She isn’t far from the truth after all grin cheesy

Chuukwudi:

Na scam o. If you see any Naija girl wey don get papers and all... she go dey look you like person wey wan reap where him no sow.

Na those ones wey them born for here I dey find.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chuukwudi:

Hilarious.
Person wey dey find papers get limited choice.
And what you call mental issues are probably just the normal oyibo way of doing things, here the difference between those wey dey craze and those wey no dey craze is not always perceptible. You have to learn to roll with it.

Note that women here require plenty of attention too.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.