Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1170893 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Captaincool1(m): 12:13am On Sep 19, 2021
mAKE USE OF medicinesonline.org,uk they can assist in solving other issues. also they are the cheapest

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sherilycious: 1:34am On Sep 19, 2021
Is £2000 balance in the account okay for visa application to invite my mum for 2weeks visit. I will be in charge of all expenses.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by deept(m): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2021
jummiedel:
Good morning everyone, please I have a very big issue at hand. I'm having problem securing accommodation in aberdeen and without this, I can't fill my locator form. Please if there is anyone here that can assist my family in getting in 2 bedroom flat in aberdeen should please contact me on +2347032042110. My flight is scheduled for this Wednesday. Thank you.

Airbnb, spareroom.com, aspc.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bonn2007: 6:06am On Sep 19, 2021
Thanks alot for the clarifications and approximate cost. Yes I will definitely be travelling very light.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jummiedel(f): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2021
deept:

Airbnb, spareroom.com, aspc.co.uk
Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2021
Hello all

My TB test is expiring November 15, entry is Jan 2022

Do i need to do a new one or can I apply to the embassy with the current one and then do a new one before leaving?

Heard you cant do a new one until the current one expires

How true is that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Richhard(m): 7:49am On Sep 19, 2021
hustla:
Hello all

Do i need to do a new one or can I apply to the embassy with the current one and then do a new one before leaving?

You'll do a new one.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2021
Richhard:

You'll do a new one.

How true is that
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2021
sherilycious:
Is £2000 balance in the account okay for visa application to invite my mum for 2weeks visit. I will be in charge of all expenses.

I have invited my mum previously, with a balance of under £200.00.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ishilove: 9:51am On Sep 19, 2021
Mimzyy:
Applied for passport renewal since May so I’m waiting for email confirmation of appointment for biometrics.

Been a while. How have you been ?

I've been great dear. How is life yonder obodo Oyibo?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Richhard(m): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2021
hustla:

How true is that

Oh I don't know about that, my cousin own expired before we do another one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2021
Richhard:

Oh I don't know about that, my cousin own expired before we do another one

Thanks!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:03am On Sep 19, 2021
Lexusgs430:

With ILR or Passport right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:15am On Sep 19, 2021
hustla:

With ILR or Passport right?

ILR is usually stamped on a passport nah....... grin

Wetin you mean....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:56am On Sep 19, 2021
Lexusgs430:

ILR is usually stamped on a passport nah....... grin

Wetin you mean....... cheesy

U know the kain passport i dey talk na

grin

Britiko one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:57am On Sep 19, 2021
hustla:
Hello all

How true is that

Oh boy, i posted in the wrong thread

Sleep dey worry me that time
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sherilycious: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
Wow thank you. Please did you write you will be responsible for her expenses here?
Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mustyy: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hello
Please do I have to be quarantine even if fully vaccinated, i am coming from Nigeria to UK next month to attend a professional course
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by icon8: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
mustyy:
Hello
Please do I have to be quarantine even if fully vaccinated, i am coming from Nigeria to UK next month to attend a professional course

I read somewhere that the UK will not recognise any vaccination from Nigeria (and most countries outside Europe and North America) from 4th of October. So, if you come in on or after that date, you will be treated as “unvaccinated” and will therefore have to quarantine.
PS: I have not independently verified this claim, so...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dupyshoo: 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
2k should be enough for 2 weeks if she will be staying with you. However, It is not just about the 2k. You have to prove that bringing your mum will not affect your standard of living and that you have monthly income which will indicate that it is not a big deal to spend 2k on your mum for 2 weeks.

sherilycious:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2021
sherilycious:
Wow thank you. Please did you write you will be responsible for her expenses here?

Yes, very important information to include, in the invitation letter....

Plus submission of bank statements payslips (if jointly sponsoring the application).......

Mortgage deeds/rental agreement etc etc

And of course, bio data page(s) of PP........ cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
icon8:

I read somewhere that the UK will not recognise any vaccination from Nigeria (and most countries outside Europe and North America) from 4th of October. So, if you come in on or after that date, you will be treated as “unvaccinated” and will therefore have to quarantine.
PS: I have not independently verified this claim, so...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58602481.amp
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rheminix(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2021
Hey guys, please how do I go about applying for nimc here in the UK, I heard it's a compulsory document to have for renewal of Nigerian passport. Please help me out here.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 7:59am On Sep 20, 2021
ToshoTosin:
Good afternoon everyone, I will like to ask,
please what areas or towns are advisable and affordable to live in, get student jobs and full time for someone studying in university of Hertfordshire, and has one dependant. We were advised Ipswich or North London but I'd like opinions please.

Ipswich will be a lot cheaper than North London. Plus having a port closeby and direct train access to London and the East Anglia means access to a variety of jobs too.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Divine89: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, I am a French citizen I want to relocate to the UK by December / early January. I want to know the best place to live in the UK with the facility to get a job. I am looking for a nice area, calm, shops around and easy to travel to work. I am waiting to hear back from you. Not interested in London because it is very expensive. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by OkanlawonB(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2021
Divine89:
Good afternoon everyone, I am a French citizen I want to relocate to the UK by December / early January. I want to know the best place to live in the UK with the facility to get a job. I am looking for a nice area, calm, shops around and easy to travel to work. I am waiting to hear back from you. Not interested in London because it is very expensive. Thanks
Unfortunately your French (EU) citizenship doesn't guarantee you a right of residence in the UK anymore. You might have qualified to apply for the EU settlement scheme if you arrived and started living in the UK latest 31 of December 2020. For any EU citizen to start residing in the UK from 1st of January 2021, a residence permit will be required. Although your EU passport still allows you to visit the UK for a duration of 6 months without Visa.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Divine89: 4:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
OkanlawonB:

Unfortunately your French (EU) citizenship doesn't guarantee you a right of residence in the UK anymore. You might have qualified to apply for the EU settlement scheme if you arrived and started living in the UK latest 31 of December 2020. For any EU citizen to start residing in the UK from 1st of January 2021, a residence permit will be required. Although your EU passport still allows you to visit the UK for a duration of 6 months without Visa.

Thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate it.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 5:41pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hello,
Please my husband has been trying to open a UK bank account with our Tenancy agreement as proof of address but they are not accepting it. They require a utility bill from the government but our rent is Bill's inclusive. Please what's the way out of this as the job he is applying for requires him to have a uk bank account?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2021
You tried Monzo or Starling?

Preshyi:
Hello,
Please my husband has been trying to open a UK bank account with our Tenancy agreement as proof of address but they are not accepting it. They require a utility bill from the government but our rent is Bill's inclusive. Please what's the way out of this as the job he is applying for requires him to have a uk bank account?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Preshyi: 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2021
Went to a bank branch
Bourne007:
You tried Monzo or Starling?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uzorp: 8:01pm On Sep 20, 2021
Hello Beautiful people

I am having a serious challenge getting accommodation for a young couple in Wales.

Preferably close to USW. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S I have tried SpareRoom, Rightmove, Zoopla e.t.c nothing has opened up.

Please help a brother, it’s urgent. Abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (1007)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.