Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1178217 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
Irenenwaka:
Please is anyone coming to the Uk very very soon?? Please send me an email or quote me i will get in touch. I need help with bringing some items.

OPTION1- please I could pay for extra luggage and pick up the bag from you at Heathrow airport.

OPTION 2- i would be grateful if you can include my items to your baggage allowance i will be very grateful and as an appreciation I will facilitate a free pickup from Heathrow to any destination in London for you(+any family member) with a large 7 seater vehicle grin grin wink

Please get in touch asap

This 7kg item must mean a lot to you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2022
umarwy:

This 7kg item must mean a lot to you.

Ah yess my dear it is.. its my baby’s 1st birthday, i made some dresses for her and myself as well .. i have also planned photo shoot lool.

I just plan poorly sometimes… i should have sent these items way earlier and just used normal courier that would take 7-14 days.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2022
Irenenwaka:
Please is anyone coming to the Uk very very soon?? Please send me an email or quote me i will get in touch. I need help with bringing some items.

OPTION1- please I could pay for extra luggage and pick up the bag from you at Heathrow airport.

OPTION 2- i would be grateful if you can include my items to your baggage allowance i will be very grateful and as an appreciation I will facilitate a free pickup from Heathrow to any destination in London for you(+any family member) with a large 7 seater vehicle grin grin wink

Please get in touch asap

Sorry to be a party pooper and i know you won't do such but why would anyone do this for a stranger ......... You are better off using a courier. Just last week I saw a video of ofada stew with drugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeSvq0FHiM

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Sorry to be a party pooper and i know you won't do such but why would anyone do this for a stranger ......... You are better off using a courier. Just last week I saw a video of ofada stew with drugs

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you for the education!!! Am so glad to have found this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2022
LagosismyHome:

Thats a good point though .. especially with the increase in crime it’s difficult to trust these days.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mimilyrics: 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2022
You can try https://centrepointservices.co.uk/
Been using them on and off over the years and they've always delivered from Lagos and from London. Last used them few months ago to send stuff to Lagos - took about a week. They offer pickups and drop-off but they charge extra for pickup.
I paid £88.50 for a 13kg bag (including pickup cost).
Irenenwaka:
Hi Guys, good afternoon. Please can anyone advice to the fastest and most affordable possible means to get some items (7kg) from lagos to london. I need the items hopefully before monday.

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
can someone share with me the page on travel insurance?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by elenengine(m): 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
A room in a shared apartment for single lady in Newport is available.

Furnished.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
LagosismyHome:

You know that's not ofada stew and not even Nigerian food
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
mimilyrics:
Been using them on and off over the years and they've always delivered from Lagos and from London. Last used them few months ago to send stuff to Lagos - took about a week. They offer pickups and drop-off but they charge extra for pickup.

Thanks dear
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uzorp: 10:02pm On Mar 28, 2022
Preshyi:

It was discussed that for quick return of BRP and provisional license,

1. Disregard or discard or shred the pre-addressed envelope sent with your form

2. Address your post to

FAO Lee Jones
Head of Vehicle input services
DVLA
Longview Rd
Swansea
SA6 7JL

3. Watch your BRP and PDL come back swiftly

Tried and trusted; still works

#Copied

I have applied for mine and paid the fees, how did you get around the section 2 on the form (Getting someone with a photo are license to identify you )
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
elenengine:
A room in a shared apartment for single lady in Newport is available.

Furnished.

Another Newport folk here. Cool!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by claremont(m): 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
teeebest:
Hello Elders, I'm planning to visit an optician in my neighbourhood.

I am an international student here. Is the cost of this service covered by the IHS fees I paid when applying for my student visa?

No.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mrcodebreaker: 6:23am On Mar 29, 2022
Don’t carry anything for any body. Don’t.
How can you be coming to nairaland and asking for delivery with all thats going on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 9:35am On Mar 29, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

I agree - the Academy should withdraw the award.
Irrespective of the merits or otherwise of the joke about his wife's hair and how he felt about it, resorting to violence, and on the Academy's premises before the whole world to boot, is a no-no.

That's like killing a fly with a hammer. He can be fined but not stripped of his Oscar because he worked hard for it.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Endlessgrace: 9:35am On Mar 29, 2022
Please does anyone have the phone number or email address for passport office in London. It’s over one month we went for capturing and still haven’t received the passport.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 9:37am On Mar 29, 2022
claremont:

No.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by teeebest(m): 9:37am On Mar 29, 2022
Lexusgs430:

No.. .

They might have student discount offers though.....

Okay. Thanks Boss.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 9:45am On Mar 29, 2022
Rubyventures:

That's like killing a fly with a hammer. He can be fined but not stripped of his Oscar because he worked hard for it.

This fly deserves to be killed with a hammer in this instance.
He displayed behaviour that makes him unworthy of receiving an honour.
The Academy has specific ts and cs about members upholding its values and all that which he specifically violated by that act, so they would be fully justified in taking it away from him.

Think of the universities and their "being worthy in character and learning", you can pass all your exams and get expelled for fighting, for instance.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 9:48am On Mar 29, 2022
LagosismyHome:

This just continues the narrative of the angry black person. ... he could have voice his displeasure in a non violent way.

The joke wasn't even that bad , although children and health issues should be off limit but technically it not yet off limitb

i agree, so embarrassing. The whites will be thinking, they have involved more blacks in the Oscar and they have brought their ghetto behaviour along. lipsrsealed embarassed It was shameful behaviour by Will Smith and even the shouting and cursing from his seat made the situation worst. not good for blacks. we don't have too many black role models up there and see what Will goes to do at the Oscars. If not for Denzel Washington he wouldn't have even apologised in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 9:53am On Mar 29, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

The Academy has specific ts and cs about members upholding its values and all that which he specifically violated by that act, so they would be fully justified in taking it away from him.

Think of the universities and their "being worthy in character and learning", you can pass all your exams and get expelled for fighting, for instance.

His behaviour was disgraceful but he needs to be served with the appropraite punishment. We should not let our emotions rule our judgement.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 10:00am On Mar 29, 2022
Rubyventures:

His behaviour was disgraceful but he needs to be served with the appropraite punishment. We should not let our emotions rule our judgement.
Appropriate punishment is the award being taken away and him being ejected from the Academy.
No emotions involved.
Clear judgement.
I'll give you another example - there's something called a moral turpitude clause usually inserted in employment agreements, whereby if an employee does something deemed morally wrong, irrespective of their job performance and whether it was work - related, the employer can terminate their employment on those grounds. I'm aware of instances where that was applied.

So I think that the Academy should take away their (not his) Oscar from Smith. He doesn't deserve it, because he doesn't represent their stated values.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 10:11am On Mar 29, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

Appropriate punishment is the award being taken away and him being ejected from the Academy.
No emotions involved.
Clear judgement.
I'll give you another example - there's something called a moral turpitude clause usually inserted in employment agreements, whereby if an employee does something deemed morally wrong, irrespective of their job performance and whether it was work - related, the employer can terminate their employment on those grounds. I'm aware of instances where that was applied.

So I think that the Academy should take away their (not his) Oscar from Smith. He doesn't deserve it, because he doesn't represent their stated values.

Did you notice how other black celebrities were comforting him and not Chris? Did you notice that he received an award and standing ovations just after assaulting someone on live TV?

He did not even apologies to CR during his speech, only after hours of news coverage that he decided to apologise.

He laughed at that joke a first then turned around and noticed that his wife did not find it funny then lashed out.

Shame to those black celebrities comforting and supporting him after what he did.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 10:23am On Mar 29, 2022
justwise:

Did you notice how other black celebrities were comforting him and not Chris? Did you notice that he received an award and standing ovations just after assaulting someone on live TV?

He did not even apologies to CR during his speech, only after hours of news coverage that he decided to apologise.

He laughed at that joke a first then turned around and noticed that his wife did not find it funny then lashed out.

Shame to those black celebrities comforting and supporting him after what he did.

They were not comforting him, they were advising him, since he was just about to flush his career down the drain. I'm talking about Denzel and Tyler
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 10:42am On Mar 29, 2022
justwise:

They weren't comforting him, I think, as the blockhead himself later said, they were giving him advice.

The point, as you mentioned, is that he wasn't initially angry, he was laughing until he saw his wife bone, then he, as an actor, sussed out that he was supposed to be angry and not laughing at his wife in public, so he stupidly decided the best way to prevent his madam from finishing him that night and possibly filing for divorce was to do something to publicly show her that he really wasn't amused at the joke.

The even more stupid thing was that since he wasn't really angry, he could have used his brain and done what Kanye West did, go up on stage and say something, which is what CR was clearly expecting he was going to do when he came onstage.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

No emotions involved.
Clear judgement.

So true, People have been literally dismissed based on their social media comments. He could have walked out of the awards to show his disaproval of the joke.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 11:52am On Mar 29, 2022
TheGuyFromHR:

It was a rough joke. He should be able to know that jn the industry of comedy you dont say things directly to people present. Consider the crowd laughing. U aresaykng this cos you are a guy. Women dont like people laughing at them cos ot is very demeaning. Why will he tell her she will star in G.I 2? This is a lady we are talking about and not Buhari.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 12:09pm On Mar 29, 2022
Poanan:

It was a rough joke. He should be able to know that jn the industry of comedy you dont say things directly to people present. Consider the crowd laughing. U aresaykng this cos you are a guy. Women dont like people laughing at them cos ot is very demeaning. Why will he tell her she will star in G.I 2? This is a lady we are talking about and not Buhari.

Nobody likes being laughed at, male or female.
The point is not what Chris Rock did, it is what Smith did in response which was both morally and criminally wrong.
He committed assault on Chris Rock (and if CR wants to be difficult he would press charges) and that's what the whole condemnation is about.

And regarding so-called female sensitivity, women are no more sensitive than men are, trust me on that one. It's the whole outdated narrative that paints the female gender as being more tender to justify sexism and suppressing them, and which right-thinking feminists oppose. Women are actually stronger than men from a mental standpoint, which is why they absorb stress better, handle life's wahala better and one reason why they live longer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by owenjegede: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
Please guys, am coming to the UK in the next 5 days from now.
Is there any special requirement at the port of entry.

I also want to ask this on behalf of my younger brother who got married to a white woman(British) in Nigeria. He wants to process his spousal visa but his wife is on benefit and she earn a little above £20k from PIP and benefit.
Though she has changed her surname on her passport, house document and bank name.

Can someone please advice on how to go about it and the necessary documents he will need.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by domin8(f): 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
Afternoon Guys,

A heads up for those interested in the Cash Lisa. Money box's last collection day for the tax year is tomorrow 30th.

In the event you want to still earn the governments 25% for this tax year (the new one starts on the 6th of April) and you intend using money box, you have to setup your account and process payment latest by tomorrow.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Rubyventures: 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
owenjegede:
Please guys, am coming to the UK in the next 5 days from now.
Is there any special requirement at the port of entry.

I also want to ask this on behalf of my younger brother who got married to a white woman(British) in Nigeria. He wants to process his spousal visa but his wife is on benefit and she earn a little above £20k from PIP and benefit.
Though she has changed her surname on her passport, house document and bank name.

Can someone please advice on how to go about it and the necessary documents he will need.

Thanks

I think she needs to be working in order to bring him over. if she has been on benefit for a long time, its going to be difficult to give up.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bluetherapy: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
mimilyrics:
What food items were you able to ship with them? I couldn't find this info on their website.

Are fish products allowed?

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.