Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1190784 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
jumpshot:
Hello everyone. So my friend is a nurse and has gotten COS from a UK hospital trust already. Now the issue is she went for TB test at IOM centre in Ikeja but was asked to do sputum test because she's had TB some years ago. But then her resumption date is meant to be April and sputum test takes 2 months. Considering the chaos going on with the government and immigration of nurses to UK this is an opportunity she really does not want to miss.

Please is there a way to speed this process up or fast track it so that she can make the cut by April ending? She's so so frustrated

When she was diagnosed with TB, did she undergo the proper treatment pathway ??

If not, that UK trip would only happen in the mind ....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
Oga Tobexin, i ṣee you o ...... I need to slide into your DM, for some Binance tutorials ......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by owenjegede: 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2022
Oga lexusgs430, I think it is possible for someone on benefit to sponsor his spouse. This is the result of my finding on ukvi website.

Lexusgs430:

She does not earn, she is simply a freeloader, living her life at the expense of British taxpayers........

She CANNOT bring him over applying for a spousal visa, because she needs to be in active employment, earning £18,600 per annum (not sure if figure is still the same). ......

She can change her name, if she wants..... The person, remains the same, so does contents of her documentations........ grin

She needs payslip of 6 months, bank statements etc etc

KEYWORD : SPONSOR NEEDS TO BE IN ACTIVE EMPLOYMENT.......... cheesy

I think I deserve a slap...... Biko, where Bianca or Will ....... grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:08am On Mar 31, 2022
owenjegede:
Oga lexusgs430, I think it is possible for someone on benefit to sponsor his spouse. This is the result of my finding on ukvi website.

What benefit is she currently receiving .......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:08am On Mar 31, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 2:21am On Mar 31, 2022
Hkana:
Good evening fam.

I'm new in Aberdeen (roughly 2 weeks). Came to join Wifey who's a student. I have a bachelor's in Engineering and 3 years work experience in the Bank.

Biko, I need any and every pointers toward getting a job here.

Anyone with any ideas is welcome.

Pa. Lexusgs340 Ray7878 and other ancestors please come through for a brother.

*pours libation on the thread* cheesy cheesy

The advice I give everyone in your shoes is simple: Follow the job thing is 3 ways.

1. Short Term: Get an easily available casual job and start immediately so you can foot your bills. The bills here roll in as you breathe. You can get these at any agency near you or indeedflex. It's typically Warehouse, Care, Factory, Deliveroo, whatever. Seek high paying ones like Amazon, Royal Mail if you have the energy.

2. Mid-Term: Now you have something to foot bills, look for a more desirable job that brings you closer to your career path. Whether the Company sponsors or not is immaterial, you will earn the UK Work experience. This could be anything really, depends on you and the field you're interested in. It could even be a volunteer job (there are weblinks for those shared here previously). So Data Clerk, Customer Servuce roles, Entry level Finance, Volunteer Engineer, Etc.

3. Long-Term: Land that job that will sponsor you and you can build a career in. Choose a Career path and build your self in it. Preferably one you had experience in prior to coming here.

Remember, it doesn't really matter what you studied, it's more about what you can offer. Certifcations and Degrees are of little value if you have no skills in them.

From Day 1, start applying for all 3 categories I listed and keep at it! You can set a target of 10 applications daily. Get ready for lots of rejections and difficult interviews but with time, you would start understanding what is needed and what you're suited for.

Goodluck and Sincere apologies for the long epistle.

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IamE: 5:44am On Mar 31, 2022
good morning all.
I have been sleeping on Glassdoor and Indeed since I booked my flight for Manchester.
joining my wife as a dependent.
shez with a private hospital.
I am more of a junior front end developer
I have gotten so many Unfortunately mails when I applied as a developer so I hav to take a small switch.

Is customer care job a good start?

Is £20-25k ok?

Are there any key points to note.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 7:36am On Mar 31, 2022
IamE:
good morning all.
I have been sleeping on Glassdoor and Indeed since I booked my flight for Manchester.
I have gotten so many Unfortunately mails when I applied as a developer so I hav to take a small switch.

Is £20-25k ok?

Being a CEO would be a good start.
Regarding the pay, a lot of people live on less, let alone a two income household as yours is.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 8:36am On Mar 31, 2022
IamE:
good morning all.

Is £20-25k ok?

customer service is a good start, if you live in the big cities it quite easy to get into the banks customer service roles, hsbc(first direct), satander, barclays etc. Just know how to answer question using the STAR format. when you are in, you have access to loads and loads of internal job roles from within, However if you keep at it, you will be able to bag a front role in no time.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by owenjegede: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2022
PIP

Lexusgs430:

What benefit is she currently receiving .......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:55am On Mar 31, 2022
owenjegede:
PIP

You know so much about this your friend's wife ......... cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hermetic: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2022
HI all!
I have a few hundred pounds and I need some naira.

Who has naira to sell?

Please let me know your current rates.
Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 11:27am On Mar 31, 2022
Revolut is giving out £50 Referral bonus for referrals in the next 3 weeks. The person has to order a card for £4 and do 3 transactions of minimum £5 each. I usually share the referral bonus I get sonthe £25 will cover all you spend.

Whether you use my code or not, Revolut bas been my most reliable Bank for transactional purposes. The features I love most are the speed of International transfers (I can send money to US or Canada or most Countries and recipients get it same day) and their disposable virtual card for security.

Revolut has been doing these bonuses in past 4 months. Unfortunately, it has been reducing monthly from £500 down to £50 now.

My referral code: https://revolut.com/referral/jedidi9xv3!APR1-22-AR

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by owenjegede: 11:57am On Mar 31, 2022
Not my friend but my younger brother and he seeks advice from me.

Lexusgs430:

You know so much about this your friend's wife ......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2022
owenjegede:
PIP

Honestly if she is on PIP then she would probably be on the mobility part of PIP. And when you look at the reasons for being put in a mobility part of PIP then I doubt it would help their case for a spouse visa.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Another real UK life story...... People think I have sense, so I get involved in mediations.......

Wife got approved for student visa, husband applied for dependent Visa (both granted).......

Wife got family members already based in the UK, prior to husband's visa application, he was briefed by her family, that he would need to work to support wife, during her courses (she can't work and pay fees with 20 hours work)......

Husband agreed, carry all for chest like tortoise... Wife started displaying negative attitude towards her husband, months after arrival (he already slaved, paid all her fees, feeding, accommodation) etc etc .......

For almost a year, he never saw his wife, like Adam saw eve, after eating that apple (he still carried on footing her bills)..... Loyal husband.......

Now wife is saying, she is no longer interested in the marriage.........

I have tried to only drop a summary..........

LONG AND SHORT...... YOU MIGHT THINK YOU ARE MARRIED, BUT SHE/HE IS NOT MARRIED ......

Marriage in our generation no easy ooo. Many people enter for wrong reason , some marry just because their friends are marrying .. after they enter no tolerance or manage again. ..

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LonAccBusScc: 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2022
@safeob27 :please can we connect I have an upcoming interview with Bournemouth University for MSC Nursing.Was your interview group or individual?pls help.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Clakyvip: 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2022
Anyone in Norwich?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adunnishugar(f): 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
congressman101:
Try anywhereworks.com for remote jobs
Thank me later

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by umarwy(m): 9:07pm On Mar 31, 2022
Oh no

I am getting
Page 265 vibes
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
What’s the current exchange rate I beg and who get small Naira tonight ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nicerichard05: 9:21pm On Mar 31, 2022
Pls house can a dependant register a company in the UK
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
umarwy:
Oh no

I am getting
Page 265 vibes

Wetin we miss ........ grin

You too like fight...... wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.