Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1189606 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 11:15am On Apr 01, 2022
darknessbegone:

Used your link and ordered the card. How do we settle the rest?

Oh, nice. I can see two people have used my link. One person is yet to order the card though.

If you're the one who has ordered the card, all that is left is for you to perform 3 transactions of minimum £5 each. You can either use the virtual card and link it to your phone so you can just tap the phone to pay, otherwise, you wait for the card to arrive next week.

Let me know how I can get your Account Number and Sort Code to send your 25 quids.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by zeb04(f): 11:16am On Apr 01, 2022
Hello guys, sequel to my last post about a job offer from the Uk.

I was sent some form to fill from HR. I need to state if i have been denied a visa before and yes i have from the US in 2015 but i don’t remember the reason.

Pls how do i go about it ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by amanze54: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
umarwy:

Send a DM

Dear umarwy
I have sent you DM, my mail is same as my username here

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dami106(m): 6:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 6:42pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dami106:
Hello House, please i want to ask a question, which i will like you to make an enquiry about in case you don't know about it. I've been to the UK with a 6months visitor visa and stayed for one month. I have a 2years visitor visa now. The question is, if i get to POE and am asked, how long are you staying? And my response is one month. Then i now stayed 5months before coming back home. Then let's say like 7months later i decided to travel back to the UK, wont they tell me that the last time i came, i said am staying for one month but i stayed for 5months. Will this be an issue for me to enter again? However i know they said the maximum you can stay is 6months. Pls i need a response.

Do you work or do business in Nigeria#?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2022
Solumtoya:

The advice I give everyone in your shoes is simple: Follow the job thing is 3 ways.

1. Short Term: Get an easily available casual job and start immediately so you can foot your bills. The bills here roll in as you breathe. You can get these at any agency near you or indeedflex. It's typically Warehouse, Care, Factory, Deliveroo, whatever. Seek high paying ones like Amazon, Royal Mail if you have the energy.

2. Mid-Term: Now you have something to foot bills, look for a more desirable job that brings you closer to your career path. Whether the Company sponsors or not is immaterial, you will earn the UK Work experience. This could be anything really, depends on you and the field you're interested in. It could even be a volunteer job (there are weblinks for those shared here previously). So Data Clerk, Customer Servuce roles, Entry level Finance, Volunteer Engineer, Etc.

3. Long-Term: Land that job that will sponsor you and you can build a career in. Choose a Career path and build your self in it. Preferably one you had experience in prior to coming here.

Remember, it doesn't really matter what you studied, it's more about what you can offer. Certifcations and Degrees are of little value if you have no skills in them.

From Day 1, start applying for all 3 categories I listed and keep at it! You can set a target of 10 applications daily. Get ready for lots of rejections and difficult interviews but with time, you would start understanding what is needed and what you're suited for.

Goodluck and Sincere apologies for the long epistle.

This guy has just unveiled the secret code of succeeding in the UK. He who has an hear, let him hear. I will just add that Humility is also key to follow through on the stages listed and not chilling with the big boys mentality when you just arrived. From experience, this advice works and it's still working wonders for people

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dami106(m): 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2022
[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humblemoi: 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dami106:
Hello House, please i want to ask a question, which i will like you to make an enquiry about in case you don't know about it. I've been to the UK with a 6months visitor visa and stayed for one month. I have a 2years visitor visa now. The question is, if i get to POE and am asked, how long are you staying? And my response is one month. Then i now stayed 5months before coming back home. Then let's say like 7months later i decided to travel back to the UK, wont they tell me that the last time i came, i said am staying for one month but i stayed for 5months. Will this be an issue for me to enter again? However i know they said the maximum you can stay is 6months. Pls i need a response.

It depends on how you explain what you were doing
for 5 months while being expected to still be in paid employment. It might be a factor if requested during your visa renewal or at the point of entry whichever comes first. It is all done on a case by case basis.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Apr 01, 2022
Dami106:
Got the visa while i was still employed
, later resigned to focus on my side business which i was actually doing before, while i was still employed. But i will place someone in charge to oversee it on my behalf before traveling for vacation

If you are lucky to go through POE without questioning when that visa expires you will struggle to renew it.

Even if you are self employed nobody goes on holiday and stays for 5-6months. You have to explain what you were doing in the UK for that long.

What they have in your file is that you are employed and annual holiday is not longer than one month.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2022
humblemoi:

It depends on how you explain what you were doing
for 5 months while being expected to still be paid employment. It might be a factor if requested during your visa renewal or at the point of entry whichever comes first. It is all done on a case by case basis.

Which company will keep paying you for longer than one month while you travel outside the country for holiday?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wallg123: 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Staying in the comfort of UK and inciting racial violence against you own people. what a shame …
Later we’ll shout BLM lipsrsealed

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Christabeliciou: 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2022
I have seen some self employed going for vacation for couples of months not up to 5months I guess, maybe 3months. while having someone in charge of their business.

justwise:
[b]

If you are lucky to go through POE without questioning when that visa expires you will struggle to renew it.

Even if you are self employed nobody goes on holiday and stays for 5-6months. You have to explain what you were doing in the UK for that long.

What they have in your file is that you are employed and annual holiday is not longer than one month.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Christabeliciou: 9:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
I think it might be a thing of concern when the person wants to have a renewal.

But I also heard that one is not expected to stay more than 6months in a stay even if your visa is 2yrs, 5yrs, 10yrs. However as a self employed deciding to stay for 3 months having someone to take charge while you are away, it's your money you are spending.
I guess the whites do travel to somewhere and spend vacation for up to 3months.
Please I stand to be corrected, just my opinion o

justwise:
[b]

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 10:49pm On Apr 01, 2022
Christabeliciou:
I think it might be a thing of concern when the person wants to have a renewal.

But I also heard that one is not expected to stay more than 6months in a stay even if your visa is 2yrs, 5yrs, 10yrs. However as a self employed deciding to stay for 3 months having someone to take charge while you are away, it's your money you are spending.
I guess the whites do travel to somewhere and spend vacation for up to 3months.
Please I stand to be corrected, just my opinion o

It would be quite hard to justify going on annual leave for 3 months, even if you are P.diddy, I hope he doesn’t put his visa in jeopardy.

Usually the normal annual leave that most normal people take in the UK is 2 weeks and up to 4 weeks. They would probably look at things in that way.

If it’s his “Money” as you put it then he could have done multiple travels in that same period without putting his visa through any suspicion as per his annual leave/holidays.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tsirin(f): 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2022
Please as a dependent, my husband has been in U.K. since January on student visa, I want to start my processing now from Nigeria, is it my account I will use as POF or my husband Nigeria account?

Urgent please
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2022
Yes I can help you with that if you haven’t sorted it
sharone21:

Thanks a lot...Do they have contact details?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by sharone21(f): 1:11am On Apr 02, 2022
omopapa:
Yes I can help you with that if you haven’t sorted it
Okay, thanks.
I will reach you at the right time later in the year.
Hoping I can easily reach u then since Nairaland doesn't have a good messaging system.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 1:32am On Apr 02, 2022
tsirin:
Please as a dependent, my husband has been in U.K. since January on student visa, I want to start my processing now from Nigeria, is it my account I will use as POF or my husband Nigeria account?

Urgent please

Anyone is fine

Question will be answered better on the other thread
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dami106(m): 1:44am On Apr 02, 2022
[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dami106(m): 2:12am On Apr 02, 2022
wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by darknessbegone: 7:21am On Apr 02, 2022
Solumtoya:

Oh, nice. I can see two people have used my link. One person is yet to order the card though.

If you're the one who has ordered the card, all that is left is for you to perform 3 transactions of minimum £5 each. You can either use the virtual card and link it to your phone so you can just tap the phone to pay, otherwise, you wait for the card to arrive next week.

Let me know how I can get your Account Number and Sort Code to send your 25 quids.

Okay. I will send you an email request.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2022
Dami106:
Ahhh, but what if i have a good explanation/reason for staying 5months? But i am aware of people that stayed more than a month without issues, even someone on this forum mentioned she has seen some self employed going on vacation for couples of months.

Yes you maybe aware of people who stayed longer than one month but do you know if they stated that in their visa application?

Anyway good luck with whatever decision you are going to make.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:32am On Apr 02, 2022
wallg123:
Staying in the comfort of UK and inciting racial violence against you own people. what a shame …
Later we’ll shout BLM lipsrsealed

How did this happen? You have link to the full story?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:51am On Apr 02, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 7:55am On Apr 02, 2022
Ralphlauren:

Its not just about having a deposit. The bank looks at affordability. That is, can you pay your mortgage monthly through the term of the mortgage without defaulting? You need to have stable and regular income to demonstrate affordability.

If you have a job that covers your expenses including the monthly repayments, then you are good to go.

please i heard that age factors also affects buying house in the UK. Does age factor affects pls? like if someone is 45 -50, can the person buy a house?

Then someone that have a permanent job and been paid £1600 every month, and keep saving £1000 every month for two years to have £20,000 down payment, can that person be able to buy a house with that kind of salary? Must my salary be bigger than £1600?

Thank you for your response.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hila12(m): 8:01am On Apr 02, 2022
I greet the house...

Please I'm about to process CBN form A for school fee payment. I hear some banks are faster/slower than others in remitting funds to the university abroad. From experience, what banks remit without so much delay?

I really appreciate the advice, as I want to get my funds paid without too much delays.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by TheGuyFromHR: 8:03am On Apr 02, 2022
Osoderi:

please i heard that age factors also affects buying house in the UK. Does age factor affects pls? like if someone is 45 -50, can the person buy a house?

Then someone that have a permanent job and been paid £1600 every month, and keep saving £1000 every month for two years to have £20,000 down payment, can that person be able to buy a house with that kind of salary? Must my salary be bigger than £1600?

Thank you for your response.

Age is a factor in the length of the mortgage you can get.
The number of working years you theoretically have left (leaving aside the fact that people can work beyond the retirement age if they choose and are able to) will determine what your lender will give you. So if you're nudging 50, you can realistically except nothing more than a 20 year mortgage, for instance, and some might offer less.

Secondly, your salary will determine how much a lender is willing to offer you based on affordability criteria, i.e. how much you can pay back based on how much you earn, joint family income, things like that. They have criteria they use to determine that (e.g. 4 times earnings, 5.5 times earnings, etc.).

With your annual salary of about 24k, and a 5 - 10% deposit, all other things excluded (do you have children, etc.), you'd probably qualify for a mortgage of about 130k/140k.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ray7878: 8:16am On Apr 02, 2022
Lexusgs430:

https://news.met.police.uk/news/man-jailed-for-inciting-racial-hatred-in-online-posts-445324

Interesting, so he was sentenced to 4.5 years in prison, which means he would be eligible for automatic deportation.

Just reading a lot about this guy now on tweet.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2022
Ray7878:

Interesting, so he was sentenced to 4.5 years in prison, which means he would be eligible for automatic deportation.

Just reading a lot about this guy now on tweet.

If he is British born, nothing like deportation.......

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2022
Lexusgs430:

If he is British born, nothing like deportation.......

Na wa for him oo. See as he carry the matter like government worker. Been on bail no even touch am .

However, in October 2020, he was rearrested by officers after he made further offending social media posts whilst on bail. Two further charges were added as a result.

His deportation paper work has started . People people People and fellow immigrants we gat to be of good behaviour at all time... lol

https://nigeriabroad.com/adeyinka-grandson-bemoans-deportation-plan-by-british-government

https://www.nairaland.com/6945880/adeyinka-grandson-speaks-deportation-plan
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by mizGene(f): 8:49am On Apr 02, 2022
Hila12:
I greet the house...

Please I'm about to process CBN form A for school fee payment. I hear some banks are faster/slower than others in remitting funds to the university abroad. From experience, what banks remit without so much delay?

I really appreciate the advice, as I want to get my funds paid without too much delays.

Make sure to enquire on the study thread as well. You are likely to get more current info there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.