Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1189452 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:01am On Apr 20, 2022
zeb04:
Dear all, please how long does it take to get certificate of sponsorship from an employer?

It is over 2 weeks i got my offer letter and i keep sending follow up emails for my COS letter.

According to my offer letter, my resumption to work is 4th may but till today no COS letter. I have prayed all the prayers i know how to pray.

I am just getting frustrated.

Rather than wasting time praying, spend the time calling and escalating your request.............

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by penurypredator(m): 2:30am On Apr 20, 2022
rexericx:

How do I sign up?

Pls share your link
For Amex, I think someone posted the link to it in this thread. Just try searching for AmericanExpress in the thread and it should come up.
Aqua and Capital One was credit karma app telling me I was eligible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chreze(m): 6:50am On Apr 20, 2022
Ticha:

I agree with you. As adults that have been fully formed and immersed in the Nigerian confidence before heading to the UK, it is easy to shrug off and minimise the racism we encounter. The problem is then that we do not fully equip our children and youngsters to deal with what life as a black person in a majority white country gets throws at them from the moment you step foot here. And that is the underlying issue. When people raise concerns about racism, I don't ever minimise it. I listen, offer support or advice as needed. Sometimes, it's not even possible to follow up on it. It doesn't mean we can't validate that person's feeling at that moment in time.

It's very much like the trans issues going on at the moment. The trans movement (supporters of the trans movement) seem to be eradicating women's right and spaces left, right and centre. I support the right of a trans woman to be a woman and my own right as someone who fully identifies as female and a woman to be a woman - I don side track now grin

Some years back I was able to seat down and break down what is really happening in relation to racism. My aim was to take out the word from my dictionary as I felt it was too negative to use, or misused most of the times. I realized that we have two kind of people in the world, the good and the bad.

Bad - people who are uneducated+inconsiderate, wicked, envious boss, educated but unexposed, uneducated+unexposed, educated+envious —— just like that.

Good - people who are : considerate, understanding, human sympathy, share feelings, reasonable, uneducated but human, rational, —— and the likes

I advise people to try to take the word out their mouth too because we mistake that a lot. Your white boss treats you in some way that is different from how he treats the whites, your boss is just Bad, a black boss will still do that to you. Something is missing in a place, everyone turns to you cos you are dark skin, those people are just dumb (Bad). In some areas, someone will see you, then run away or not want to get close to you, that person is just not exposed (Bad). All of these present day experiences are Bad people(though may be racist when given the opportunity, but at the moment, what they display are just bad related n not racism).

How do you know the person is just a bad person n not racist, some of these behavior you still get in your country or in the mist of people of same color/race as you. The world has changed a lot and people are a lot nicer. In todays world, you see more of good people than bad.

For the sake of our children, let’s just try to delete that word, cos our kids relate and play perfectly with kids from other race/skin color and they don’t know any of these things, if we keep up with the word, it will destroy the future just like it’s affecting today.

Racism to me was experienced long ago by our fathers who were considered to be inferior, enough as to turn them to slaves or making them work in demeaning conditions/environments. Wearing them chains just to show they are inferior and not of equal class. That harm and torture is racist to me. And that’s the reason why I said a bad person can be racist if given the chance, but at the moment the person is only displaying bad vibes.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by SirWellington(m): 8:14am On Apr 20, 2022
Whitegeh:
It's probably becos they were also trying to obey rule 3 by staying away from their fellow country people

Making frivolous reports about fellow Nigerians is also part of the rule? Reports that dolt hold any ground and was so ignored by management? What a perspective lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uk2020: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2022
Chreze:

Racism to me was experienced long ago by our fathers who were considered to be inferior, enough as to turn them to slaves or making them work in demeaning conditions/environments. Wearing them chains just to show they are inferior and not of equal class. That harm and torture is racist to me. And that’s the reason why I said a bad person can be racist if given the chance, but at the moment the person is only displaying bad vibes.

This is very naive thinking, it shows that you really don't know what's going on.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oluayebenz: 9:42am On Apr 20, 2022
profemebee:
i have seen a lot of blacks so quick to pull out the race card.. sometimes, one has to remove that psychological race card mentality to every scenario and thing in one's life..

Seen it in many ways..

One went to the store with a hoodie, and a security guard (black sometimes too) followed him around... he quickly pulled the race card

One spoke to a lady, and she didn't reply him; He told me she was acting racist.. only for her friend to come in speaking french.. apparently she was French and didn't speak English.. if her friend didn't come into the building, he would have left thinking she was racist

I won't be surprised if the person in the earlier story posted about visa being canceled based on not knowing what event he/she came for says it was due to racism...

Very very poor mentality.. Racism exists, Yes, but don't let it influence everything you experience..

The 'funniest' nigerians are the tribalistic ones that curse out on racism.. Tribalism is even worse.. .same skin.. same nationality.. same national flag.. yet you don't want to associate with them.. smh

Fact......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by oluayebenz: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2022
connectgt:

Are there job opportunities there too?
Opportunities and means of livelihood is the brain behind any relocations.

quote author=Rubyventures post=112083208]

Rwanda is one of the best African countries to live in at the moment, its clean peaceful and has good governance with loads of infrastructure. You will be amazed at the number of foreigners living there.

Job opportunities no dey rwanda o
But there are business opportunities

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 9:56am On Apr 20, 2022
Chreze:

Some years back I was able to seat down and break down what is really happening in relation to racism. My aim was to take out the word from my dictionary as I felt it was too negative to use, or misused most of the times. I realized that we have two kind of people in the world, the good and the bad.

Bad - people who are uneducated+inconsiderate, wicked, envious boss, educated but unexposed, uneducated+unexposed, educated+envious —— just like that.

Good - people who are : considerate, understanding, human sympathy, share feelings, reasonable, uneducated but human, rational, —— and the likes

I advise people to try to take the word out their mouth too because we mistake that a lot. Your white boss treats you in some way that is different from how he treats the whites, your boss is just Bad, a black boss will still do that to you. Something is missing in a place, everyone turns to you cos you are dark skin, those people are just dumb (Bad). In some areas, someone will see you, then run away or not want to get close to you, that person is just not exposed (Bad). All of these present day experiences are Bad people(though may be racist when given the opportunity, but at the moment, what they display are just bad related n not racism).

How do you know the person is just a bad person n not racist, some of these behavior you still get in your country or in the mist of people of same color/race as you. The world has changed a lot and people are a lot nicer. In todays world, you see more of good people than bad.

For the sake of our children, let’s just try to delete that word, cos our kids relate and play perfectly with kids from other race/skin color and they don’t know any of these things, if we keep up with the word, it will destroy the future just like it’s affecting today.

Gini ?
Bros, re-read what you wrote.
For one, children play well and relate well because them never get sense.
As dem dey grow them go absorb from society and adults what the deal is and start segregating among themselves.
No vex, but the rest na wishful thinking.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
well I mentioned that I have no problem with racism, I even laught it off. I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, blacks should always support each other when issues of discrimination are discussed. We should not dismiss it or find a way to blame each other because we have no allies when all is lost is only a black brother that will come to the rescue. Even this thread is a testament to that. You can see Nigerians are good people with their quality advise but would prefer to relate behind the computer than physically.

Ticha:

I agree with you. As adults that have been fully formed and immersed in the Nigerian confidence before heading to the UK, it is easy to shrug off and minimise the racism we encounter. The problem is then that we do not fully equip our children and youngsters to deal with what life as a black person in a majority white country gets throws at them from the moment you step foot here. And that is the underlying issue. When people raise concerns about racism, I don't ever minimise it . I listen, offer support or advice as needed. Sometimes, it's not even possible to follow up on it. It doesn't mean we can't validate that person's feeling at that moment in time.

It's very much like the trans issues going on at the moment. The trans movement (supporters of the trans movement) seem to be eradicating women's right and spaces left, right and centre. I support the right of a trans woman to be a woman and my own right as someone who fully identifies as female and a woman to be a woman - I don side track now grin
I agree with this.
I remember a former colleague who was often looking at things from a racial perspective. I used to dismiss his opinions. Then another black colleague had a "chat" with a white colleague about a toy she had on her desk and how racist it was. The white colleague pushed back and eventually the manager (a white guy) asked her to remove it due to the toys racial connotation. When she told me her story, I dismissed it and said "it's just a toy". Some days later, in the pub, this lady told me not to ever dismiss things just because it does not mean anything to me. She explained to me why she took that stand and I quickly understood. Having crown up in Nigeria, I did not experience some of the things that she experienced and what could trigger some unpalatable memories. Since then, I do not dismiss peoples experience.
Back to the first guy, one day, he explained to me what happened to him at his previous employment that made him seem "paranoid". He went out after work with his colleagues and they took a picture. The next day when he got to work, he saw the picture on his desk but his face was edited and replaced with that of a monkey. He report to HR but nothing came out of it. He found out when he was leaving, during his exit interview, that there was no record of that incidence. He also narrated other experiences he had in that same company. I now understood why he was very suspicious of actions and words by some people.
If you cannot offer support to anyone, that's fine but don't minimise their experience.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 11:01am On Apr 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
see my brother when I see racism. I know it is racism. When I went to answer a call, the resident on hearing my voice refuse to open the door and specifically told me he wanted my white colleague or is it the petty politics in the workplace. if you do a minor offence it is escalated even when your white colleague does the same. Even a resident retorted out you foreigners, even said that I am not civilized because I rang the door twice. Or is it situations were they said I steal stuff from the fridge in the staff room. In all these cases I am always positive and laugh over it.
However, the problem I have with my fellow Nigerians is that we downplay these experiences instead of wrapping our arms around our brothers and sisters. We say you are pulling the racial card. Many people pass through a lot but they are always positive.
Due to this letdown, many blacks don't want to relate with each other, when your own kind fails to understand or stand with you. Maybe our british citizenship and our white colleagues are making us look the other way. The black community needs to wake up.

I also think we as Nigerians should remove the log from our own eyes before trying to take the splinters from that of the Europeans. In Nigeria tribalism is in your face full blown. You only need to look on some threads on this forum to know how serious this is.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 11:06am On Apr 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
well I mentioned that I have no problem with racism, I even laught it off. I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, blacks should always support each other when issues of discrimination are discussed. We should not dismiss it or find a way to blame each other because we have no allies when all is lost is only a black brother that will come to the rescue. Even this thread is a testament to that. You can see Nigerians are good people with their quality advise but would prefer to relate behind the computer than physically.

Sometimes a Nigerian supporting you in a discrimination case at work means they are putting their livelihood at risk. This could be a reason.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2022
Ticha:

I agree with you. As adults that have been fully formed and immersed in the Nigerian confidence before heading to the UK, it is easy to shrug off and minimise the racism we encounter. The problem is then that we do not fully equip our children and youngsters to deal with what life as a black person in a majority white country gets throws at them from the moment you step foot here. And that is the underlying issue. When people raise concerns about racism, I don't ever minimise it. I listen, offer support or advice as needed. Sometimes, it's not even possible to follow up on it. It doesn't mean we can't validate that person's feeling at that moment in time.

yea you are right.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:12am On Apr 20, 2022
phyl123:

Sometimes a Nigerian supporting you in a discrimination case at work means they are putting their livelihood at risk. This could be a reason.
they put money above humanity. When it happens to them nobody will offer support.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:13am On Apr 20, 2022
phyl123:

I also think we as Nigerians should remove the log from our own eyes before trying to take the splinters from that of the Europeans. In Nigeria tribalism is in your face full blown. You only need to look on some threads on this forum to know how serious this is.
tribaism is the reason why ukraine and russia are fighting. So tribalism is not peculiar to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 11:15am On Apr 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
they put money above humanity. When it happens to them nobody will offer support.

Look at it this way, not everyone can afford be a Marty. Too much responsibilities at home and abroad. How many Nigerians did you see sitting on the motor way to protest about the climate change?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:15am On Apr 20, 2022
Chreze:

some people have this mentality till shit hits the fan. The white friends they have throw them under the bus.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jesmond3945: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2022
phyl123:

Look at it this way, not everyone can afford be a Marty. Too much responsibilities at home and abroad. How many Nigerians did you see sitting on the motor way to protest about the climate change?
thats why i said always laugh it out and dont bother about it. But if your black brother experiences it always stand up and offer support.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 11:17am On Apr 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
tribaism is the reason why ukraine and russia are fighting. So tribalism is not peculiar to Nigerians.

Doesn’t make alright when it’s in a abundance inn your homeland.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
thats why i said always laugh it out and dont bother about it. But if your black brother experiences it always stand up and offer support.

The bitter truth is there are not many people who will leave their family hungry to fight some other person’s cause. They would use social media these days but not go out of their way to the detriment of their own family. A lot of people will say they will do it but when it comes down to it they won’t.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Akorkor(f): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2022
Chreze:

Na wa for you o. You're writing as if you were born in the UK? Racism is a word that has become entrenched, and you cannot erase it as you have written. Just be yourself, and try to be a shoulder for anyone who brings it up to you. The fact that you haven't come across it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by bola01234: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Rather than wasting time praying, spend the time calling and escalating your request.............

It's better..
I just call all the universities I applied to..
It's like if u don't act . They don't care..seem they have the nos of mails they do daily

Next week I am doing the same again
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 11:27am On Apr 20, 2022
Chreze:

This is like saying let's commit more crimes so the police will have work to do! Good people are also very racist. My mother in law is a prime example. All research shows that children know, see and acknowledge differences in others. They just have not imbibed the social norms and indoctrination of acting on or using those differences to either accept or exclude people. They learn that from the families and communities.

Racism is going nowhere - not in our lifetime and likely not in that of our children either and we better prepare our children to deal with it otherwise it will stymie them.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2022
Ticha:

This is like saying let's commit more crimes so the police will have work to do! Good people are also very racist. My mother in law is a prime example. All research shows that children know, see and acknowledge differences in others. They just have not imbibed the social norms and indoctrination of acting on or using those differences to either accept or exclude people. They learn that from the families and communities.

Racism is going nowhere - not in our lifetime and likely not in that of our children either and we better prepare our children to deal with it otherwise it will stymie them.

My white friend once told me she was at a family party and her niece was playing with a black kid, she then licked her finger and rubbed it on the black girl’s skin to see if her colour would rub off. This was just two innocent kids playing together. Her niece has not been exposed to black kids apart from on the telly, so she was curious like most young kids.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ticha: 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
phyl123:

My white friend once told me she was at a family party and her niece was playing with a black kid, she then licked her finger and rubbed it on the black girl’s skin to see if her colour would rub off. This was just two innocent kids playing together. Her niece has not been exposed to black kids apart from on the telly, so she was curious like most young kids.

I used to live in Radstock about 12 years ago and taught in the local secondary school. I got no end of weird and bizarre questions. I was the only black person in that town of about 5k people. There was an Indian family too and that was it. People would ask how I can speak such fluent English - if I was in a bad mood, I'd usually tell them to go study British history and they'll know why, could they sniff my hair, touch my skin, do we have lions, sleep in huts, did I like having a bed at home etc. Sometimes, I patiently answer all the questions - no be me carry myself go live for bush? grin

During my very first OFTSED inspection, I was teaching the Access to Health Dip discussing about people migration and how it affects health outcomes - ie language barriers, new illnesses etc. One of the girls (she was 18/19 ish) said, 'We don't want dirty immigrants bringing new illnesses. They take our jobs and they want to infect us too?'

I responded, 'Dirty immigrants? Am I dirty?' She was shocked and said, 'But Miss, you're not an immigrant. You speak English, you work, you're our tutor!' She could not comprehend how I was possibly an immigrant.

The lesson took a side step into different forms of immigration, how it affects places negatively and positively and I had to pull up stats etc about immigrant Drs, nurses, teachers, engineers (basically to show that we're not bottom feeders) and then linked back to health outcomes. The lesson over ran by almost 45 minutes. The inspector stayed through out the lesson. We talked about Windrush, Irish and Italian migration (they were shocked about that as well). I scored an outstanding grade and till date, it's my only outstanding grade in all my teaching years grin
These were children from reasonably middle class families and they had zero clue. Many of them were actually very racist in that lesson but it was a teaching moment so I used it as one. They at least all walked away with a better knowledge and awareness of what not to say and do!

Now imagine that session was run by someone who 1. had no experience of immigration, immigrants and racism and 2. didn't want to derail their lesson because frankly if it was another inspector, I may well have failed that observation and affected the over score of the school.

As far as I'm concerned, people are inherently good. Doesn't make them not racist grin

I can't even begin to recount my conversations with my in laws. The only person who has not goofed in that family is my youngest sister in law and she is very, very well travelled which explains it. They do love me very much but mehn...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Amarathripple0: 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2022
Chreze:

What you have just described is your coping mechanism. It doesn't change the fact that there are racists, xenophobes, and Nigerianophobes (based on what I've seen on this thread). You're living in a bubble you've created, and by all means, enjoy it because reality isn't always a pleasant place to be.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2022
Ticha:

I used to live in Radstock about 12 years ago and taught in the local secondary school. I got no end of weird and bizarre questions. I was the only black person in that town of about 5k people. There was an Indian family too and that was it. People would ask how I can speak such fluent English - if I was in a bad mood, I'd usually tell them to go study British history and they'll know why, could they sniff my hair, touch my skin, do we have lions, sleep in huts, did I like having a bed at home etc. Sometimes, I patiently answer all the questions - no be me carry myself go live for bush? grin

During my very first OFTSED inspection, I was teaching the Access to Health Dip discussing about people migration and how it affects health outcomes - ie language barriers, new illnesses etc. One of the girls (she was 18/19 ish) said, 'We don't want dirty immigrants bringing new illnesses. They take our jobs and they want to infect us too?'

I responded, 'Dirty immigrants? Am I dirty?' She was shocked and said, 'But Miss, you're not an immigrant. You speak English, you work, you're our tutor!' She could not comprehend how I was possibly an immigrant.

The lesson took a side step into different forms of immigration, how it affects places negatively and positively and I had to pull up stats etc about immigrant Drs, nurses, teachers, engineers (basically to show that we're not bottom feeders) and then linked back to health outcomes. The lesson over ran by almost 45 minutes. The inspector stayed through out the lesson. We talked about Windrush, Irish and Italian migration (they were shocked about that as well). I scored an outstanding grade and till date, it's my only outstanding grade in all my teaching years grin
These were children from reasonably middle class families and they had zero clue. Many of them were actually very racist in that lesson but it was a teaching moment so I used it as one. They at least all walked away with a better knowledge and awareness of what not to say and do!

Now imagine that session was run by someone who 1. had no experience of immigration, immigrants and racism and 2. didn't want to derail their lesson because frankly if it was another inspector, I may well have failed that observation and affected the over score of the school.

As far as I'm concerned, people are inherently good. Doesn't make them not racist grin

I can't even begin to recount my conversations with my in laws. The only person who has not goofed in that family is my youngest sister in law and she is very, very well travelled which explains it. They do love me very much but mehn...

Most of the kids repeat in class what is said in their homes but I think the younger ones and the well traveled are more enlightened and some of them may even enlighten their parents. Good on you. Takes a lot of patience to teach in this country.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uk2020: 3:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Nigerianophobes

I think if these so called "Nigerianophobes" are Nigerians themselves then it's a form of internalised self-hatred. They've been conditioned they just don't know...
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LondonDating: 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
LagosismyHome:
illegal immigration you have no clue of what a person is coming with. It still the public who been affected if an illegal immigrants was a criminal in that country and gets into the country illegally and unchecked

My fear exactly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LondonDating: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
IamE:
Most blacks come with bunch of responsibilities we keep attending to back home while those asians/arab will rather find a way for the ones they left at home to come hustle for them selves .
That way it is easier for them to acquire properties and rent out to the blacks.
remember not all flashy cars are fully paid for.

Very true.

I have a Bangladeshi colleague aged 29 who has borrowed £10,000 twice now to send to his Brothers in Bangladesh to process their USA emigration Visa and he is not expecting anything back from them as all he wants is for them to escape poverty.

He himself was brought to the UK aged 13 by his uncle and i remember when his dad died back home he flew to Bangladesh that night even though he didn't have a dime, his cousins paid for his ticket and when he bought a house, some of his cousins contributed towards his deposit and he will do the same for them when the time comes as according to him, it is their culture.

Compare this to Nigeria where a more well off family member will almost turn his or her own siblings to slaves and will expect them to worship him or her for the peanuts they get from him or her and they will forever be reminded how they were assisted by him or her and the richer a Nigerian is, the more heartless and wicked they become.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by MichaelUde: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nigerianophobe, lol.

Nigerians reach to phobe o.
The thing is that Nigerians in the UK are just the same as Nigerians in Naija - every man for himself, dog eat dog, out-compete and outdo your imaginary neighbours, no paddy for jungle, blowing fake accent 3 hours after landing at Heathrow for the first time and no be every pesin wey don waka comot from Naija wey want all that often negative Naija vibe around them again. Better to deal with Nigerians in very small doses.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 4:48pm On Apr 20, 2022
LondonDating:

Compare this to Nigeria where a more well off family member will almost turn his or her own siblings to slaves and will expect them to worship him or her for the peanuts they get from him or her and they will forever be reminded how they were assisted by him or her and the richer a Nigerian is, the more heartless and wicked they become.

Haba na... give Nigerians some credit. I met several Nigerians who are settled and now brought a family member to school and settle. Even these carer visa i have a couple of friend hustling for it for their family members

We are much better than we think we are ...there are so many nice Nigerians around who are lifting others(at least the ones around me and I say that with full chest ,lol)

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.