Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1200337 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 5:31pm On May 05, 2022
SPDAZZY:
I need pounds, who has a fair rate please?

Lexusgs430
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mellady(f): 5:36pm On May 05, 2022
Hi everyone, I have more than £10,000 for sale for naira at 750 rate, transfer only to UK bank account, please message me if you are interested. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 5:51pm On May 05, 2022
Mellady:
Hi everyone, I have more than £10,000 for sale for naira at 750 rate, transfer only to UK bank account, please message me if you are interested. Thanks
Even aboki for street for naija no sell reach N750 oh.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 05, 2022
SPDAZZY:
I need pounds, who has a fair rate please?

I hv pounds
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by IjJudy(f): 6:01pm On May 05, 2022
Alright, thank you so much

justwise:

That is doable, start now
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 05, 2022
Hi @justwise I saw your response to someone where you encouraged him to proceed with his Nigerian passport application. I thought it was a very tiring and lengthy process., but i guess the situation is better now.

I have a trip to nigeria in the first week of july with my husband and baby. I already made up my mind that we were all gonna apply for nigeria visa, but I was really encouraged by post loool. If we start a passport application now, we will have to pay for a priority service right in order to get our passports before july??
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 7:07pm On May 05, 2022
Irenenwaka:
Hi @justwise I saw your response to someone where you encouraged him to proceed with his Nigerian passport application. I thought it was a very tiring and lengthy process., but i guess the situation is better now.I have a trip to nigeria in the first week of july with my husband and baby. I already made up my mind that we were all gonna apply for nigeria visa, but I was really encouraged by post loool. If we start a passport application now, we will have to pay for a priority service right in order to get our passports before july??
no priority needed. A friend got his in 1 week from the day of biometrics in March. Fill the form in time inorder to get a close appointment date. Hold on,
If you dnt have NIN, it pushes one back by at least 2- 3 weeks because NIN is now compulsory.
40p for adults and 30p for kids. Book a nin appointment as soon as possible

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by justwise(m): 7:12pm On May 05, 2022
Irenenwaka:
Hi @justwise I saw your response to someone where you encouraged him to proceed with his Nigerian passport application. I thought it was a very tiring and lengthy process., but i guess the situation is better now.

I have a trip to nigeria in the first week of july with my husband and baby. I already made up my mind that we were all gonna apply for nigeria visa, but I was really encouraged by post loool. If we start a passport application now, we will have to pay for a priority service right in order to get our passports before july??

IjJudy:
Alright, thank you so much

giselle237:
no priority needed. A friend got his in 1 week from the day of biometrics in March. Fill the form in time inorder to get a close appointment date. Hold on,
If you dnt have NIN, it pushes one back by at least 2- 3 weeks because NIN is now compulsory.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 05, 2022
giselle237:
m

Thank you so much Giselle.. its been a long time but thank you for always coming to my rescue lol
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 8:49pm On May 05, 2022
How much is the passport renewal itself please?

giselle237:
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ebonybiuty: 9:15pm On May 05, 2022
Hi everyone. Pls for someone with student visa and has the spouse and daughter in the UK, what are the process of inviting one's mother to the UK

Awaiting responses. Many thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 9:30pm On May 05, 2022
Review on Three network?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by LagosismyHome(f): 9:47pm On May 05, 2022
hustla:

If people no offer advice or help = Nigerians don't carry themselves along like Indians and other Asians

Offer help/advice = mind your own business. Mr ITK. UK gatekeeper with unsolicited advice

Decide not to offer help /advice = Village people, them no Wan make others progress. Tanfiani

Talk and interact well with people = Nigerians too dey famz

Keep To yourself = Na snob, e no dey follow people relate. Too full of himself

Speak good English = Nigerians too like fake accent and forming.

You can't win with Nigerians I swear

Truly truly .... we can be exhausting

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:12pm On May 05, 2022
Irenenwaka:
m
Thank you so much Giselle.. its been a long time but thank you for always coming to my rescue lol
welcome!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by giselle237: 10:13pm On May 05, 2022
kode12:
How much is the passport renewal itself please?
pls chk high commission’s site and fill the form. Either 132 or 142 usd for 32 pages- 5 years
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 10:23pm On May 05, 2022
ybahrbz91:
Review on Three network?
Depends on the area.
When I was in City center, I couldn't make or receive calls. To load WhatsApp status na war. But in my current area, I use 5G with it. I stream everything on my smart TV and it does not buffer.
Good news is you can call and ask them to check the strength of their network in your area and any other area you want.

Unlimited 12 months contract £16/month. Unlimited is Unlimited unlike two that Unlimited is good up to 80GB and very poor beyond 80GB

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 10:28pm On May 05, 2022
I actually called them and they confirmed the strength of 4G network in my area is good.. My phone is not 5G.
They delivered the SIM today and I am not happy at all with this network. I just did the unlimited contract.

Internet is my only companion in this country. I am pained

Viruses:

Depends on the area.
When I was in City center, I couldn't make or receive calls. To load WhatsApp status na war. But in my current area, I use 5G with it. I stream everything on my smart TV and it does not buffer.
Good news is you can call and ask them to check the strength of their network in your area and any other area you want.

Unlimited 12 months contract £16. Unlimited is Unlimited unlike two that Unlimited is good up to 80GB and very poor beyond 80GB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 10:32pm On May 05, 2022
Everyone keep saying negative things about Nigerians and they are the Nigerians. Those ones advising against associating with Nigerians nai worse pass. Just like stingy people, na them beg pass.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 10:34pm On May 05, 2022
I must say I messed up not asking question before making such decision.
Even being a long time follower of this thread.

Viruses:

Depends on the area.

Unlimited 12 months contract £16/month. Unlimited is Unlimited unlike two that Unlimited is good up to 80GB and very poor beyond 80GB
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 10:38pm On May 05, 2022
ybahrbz91:
I actually called them and they confirmed the strength of 4G network in my area is good.. My phone is not 5G.
They delivered the SIM today and I am not happy at all with this network. I just did the unlimited contract.

Internet is my only companion in this country. I am pained

You have 2 weeks to cancel without penalty.

I am very pleased with their service so far. I cancelled my broadband contract because three is serving me. Is like it was their 4G I used in city center. I used to stand behind TV to make call because that was the only place network was in the house.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 10:41pm On May 05, 2022
Really! I have 2 weeks to cancel.
Thanks for this info.

Would I pay any charges?

Viruses:

I am very pleased with their service so far. I cancelled my broadband contract because three is serving me. I can't comment on their 4G network.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 10:42pm On May 05, 2022
No charges if you cancel within 2 weeks (14 days). If you cancel after. You pay till the end of the contract.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 10:46pm On May 05, 2022
God Bless you for this info.
I will call to cancel the contract tomorrow.
Thanks @Viruses.
I will keep you posted

Viruses:

No charges if you cancel within 2 weeks (14 days). If you cancel after. You pay till the end of the contract.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 10:51pm On May 05, 2022
Viruses:
Everyone keep saying negative things about Nigerians and they are the Nigerians. Those ones advising against associating with Nigerians nai worse pass. Just like stingy people, na them beg pass.

It's ridiculous. If you detest the company of Nigerians so much, stay off Nairaland and leave us alone. One person gives financial tips on Mortgages and all, we're excited. Another gives his own advice like "buy a cheaper car", we scream "mind your business". You made it everyone's business when you came to a public community forum asking for financial advice.

Let love lead abeg. Take what sounds good to you and leave the rest. The attacks are getting too much. The Sycophancy is glaring too cos we "look face" before attacking.

I come in peace.

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by dustydee: 10:57pm On May 05, 2022
Viruses:

I am very pleased with their service so far. I cancelled my broadband contract because three is serving me. Is like it was their 4G I used in city center. I used to stand behind TV to make call because that was the only place network was in the house.
Yes you can always cancel within a certain period. Check your contract.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 11:10pm On May 05, 2022
Your dustydee

dustydee:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 11:10pm On May 05, 2022
Thanks @dustydee

dustydee:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by JustJoy0717: 11:34pm On May 05, 2022
Hello gurus in the house,

I need your input on this on. Just received my 1st electricity bill for a flat i moved into on the 15th of March and it was a ricuclous £296 for 11th march to 29th April. Is this normal, or can i contest it. I live with 2 kids who are in school from 8-4pm, so i must say it was moderate use, except for the period i turned d heaters on.

Please advise.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by omopapa: 11:51pm On May 05, 2022
grin

Rmba tariff went up on April. Maybe u need to switch to prepaid
JustJoy0717:
Hello gurus in the house,

I need your input on this on. Just received my 1st electricity bill for a flat i moved into on the 15th of March and it was a ricuclous £296 for 11th march to 29th April. Is this normal, or can i contest it. I live with 2 kids who are in school from 8-4pm, so i must say it was moderate use, except for the period i turned d heaters on.

Please advise.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BouharryArtikou: 11:56pm On May 05, 2022
Solumtoya:

It's ridiculous. If you detest the company of Nigerians so much, stay off Nairaland and leave us alone. One person gives financial tips on Mortgages and all, we're excited. Another gives his own advice like "buy a cheaper car", we scream "mind your business". You made it everyone's business when you came to a public community forum asking for financial advice.

Let love lead abeg. Take what sounds good to you and leave the rest. The attacks are getting too much. The Sycophancy is glaring too cos we "look face" before attacking.

I come in peace.

Very true.
I found the attacks by those I labelled ‘Angry Birds’ very disgusting.

They spew so much hatred for Nigerians, even advise Nigerians to run away from fellow Nigerians. Yet they are on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adazeal: 1:26am On May 06, 2022
IjJudy:
Please do you have any idea how long the processing takes?

Don't have any idea but I suppose it shouldn't take so much time depending on how soon you get an appointment. So if you can, book an appointment as soon as possible.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Adazeal: 1:36am On May 06, 2022
Viruses:

Please, is this applicable to Virgin Media too? Had a similar experience, in my own case I wasn't able to connect to the internet. Called on several occasions to complain, they were giving me monotonous replies. Everyone of them repeating what the other said with no solution in sight. I had to angrily cancel the contract which was still within 2 weeks but £42 ended up being deducted from my account. When I tried to contest it, they said it's £35 connection charge which is non-refundable according to their terms and conditions, and about £7 for data I used for the few days which in actual sense I never used cos I was unable to access the internet.

Do you think I should push for a refund regardless cos I was never told of the connection charge when I got the contract?

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.