Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1176466 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by specialenvoy: 11:24pm On May 06, 2022
No, I don't think so, you can do more than the minimum contract hours with your trust

RAD01:
Hello House,
If NHS Tier 2 Staff does 9hours bank shift with the same sponsored employer and did 20hours with agency within the same week, has he violated 20hours rule?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Imnaknus: 11:58pm On May 06, 2022
Hello, good people. I've got 1k pounds for sale at a good rate. PM if interested.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 2:15am On May 07, 2022
jadepinkett:
This energy bills be scaring me. Always stayed in a shared apartment, all bills inclusive but seriously considering setting up on my own.
So if I were to get a 1 bed apartment with good EPC rating, can anyone give me a rough estimate on what to expect on bills? Water, gas/electric, council tax etc...

I know that no two situations are alike but an estimate will help me prepare budget

Yup, no two situations are same. Sure you already know your monthly costs for Feeding, Transport, Phone, Miscellaneous... So the new ones will be Energy (could be £80 to £350 especially if it's Electric Heating, Gas Heating is way cheaper), Council Tax (£130 ish), Broadband (£20 ish), Water (depends on usage, maybe £25 since you're alone), TV License (£32), that should be it really. It's all in the Energy bill! Thankfully, you can control that.

P.S.: With your name, I bet Will Smith could pay for it all.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hwy9: 2:53am On May 07, 2022
Solumtoya:

Yup, no two situations are same. Sure you already know your monthly costs for Feeding, Transport, Phone, Miscellaneous... So the new ones will be Energy (could be £80 to £350 especially if it's Electric Heating, Gas Heating is way cheaper), Council Tax (£130 ish), Broadband (£20 ish), Water (depends on usage, maybe £25 since you're alone), TV License (£32), that should be it really. It's all in the Energy bill! Thankfully, you can control that.

Please, what location is this? Seems high for a single occupant. My energy bill for April was approx £50 and I use electric only ( Even me I am still in shock). March bill was approx £60. Ctax should be between £80 to 100 for single occupancy. My water bill is less than £20. This is for Wales. Location and usage are key drivers.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 7:14am On May 07, 2022
Solumtoya:

Thank you.
I don't mind a direct connect to Willie though. grin smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by jadepinkett(f): 7:15am On May 07, 2022
Hwy9:

Please, what location is this? Seems high for a single occupant. My energy bill for April was approx £50 and I use electric only ( Even me I am still in shock). March bill was approx £60. Ctax should be between £80 to 100 for single occupancy. My water bill is less than £20. This is for Wales. Location and usage are key drivers.

Ha! Nice one. I understand Wales is super affordable in comparison with most cities in the UK. You really lucky

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:25am On May 07, 2022
jadepinkett:

Thank you.

To further enhance the entanglement sessions........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by semmyk(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2022
And Capetonia (Cape Town, South Africa) wouldn't mind the entanglement in their slap chips smiley cheesy smiley
Lexusgs430:

To further enhance the entanglement sessions........ cheesy
jadepinkett:

Thank you.
Solumtoya:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ybahrbz91: 9:25am On May 07, 2022
@Viruses. I promised to keep you posted.
I was able to put a call through yesterday and I have cancelled the contract. Thanks once again for the info.

I was formerly on Lebara and na £25 for unlimited per month. I was just looking for something cheaper and a contract to boost credit score.
Maybe I should chill with my lebara for now.
Viruses:

You have 2 weeks to cancel without penalty.

I am very pleased with their service so far. I cancelled my broadband contract because three is serving me. Is like it was their 4G I used in city center. I used to stand behind TV to make call because that was the only place network was in the house.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 10:18am On May 07, 2022
ybahrbz91:
@Viruses. I promised to keep you posted.
I was able to put a call through yesterday and I have cancelled the contract. Thanks once again for the info.

I was formerly on Lebara and na £25 for unlimited per month. I was just looking for something cheaper and a contract to boost credit score.
Maybe I should chill with my lebara for now.
Cool
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aminlove(m): 11:37am On May 07, 2022
I dey look for flat shared or ensuite for SE1 in London, any connect will appreciated, thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Funky123(f): 11:38am On May 07, 2022
Lexusgs430:

It must be a full moon .......... cheesy

But you agree, this thread is much better than wikipedia/google combined ........ What makes sense to one, might not always make sense to another.......

Look at it like Ọja Oyingbo....... Loads to choose from.... .... tongue

Some have made friends ...... Whilst others, lasting enemies........ grin

Whilst some lasting Husband grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 11:45am On May 07, 2022
Ticha:

grin that wasn't what I meant. It's a British saying - Bob's your uncle! Just means you're good to go!

Ooooh thanks, just read that again. My bad. My newness is still very new. Reading without proper understanding.
Thank you again ticha. We can start using your name now. Once you have your deposit, Ticha is your Aunty. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 11:50am On May 07, 2022
RAD01:
Hello House,
If NHS Tier 2 Staff does 9hours bank shift with the same sponsored employer and did 20hours with agency within the same week, has he violated 20hours rule?

You're allowed additional 20hrs as a skilled worker with another agency or organisation. So no.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 11:52am On May 07, 2022
Solumtoya:

This council tax be like Edinburgh tax.
My council tax on a band B 3bedroom Bungalow is £141, Water £28.30 here in Newcastle.
I think location, Number of household are factors in these charges.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 11:58am On May 07, 2022
Funky123:

I missed this lasting husband discuss o.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:55pm On May 07, 2022
Funky123:

shocked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ProfJYK(m): 3:15pm On May 07, 2022
ProfJYK:
Please for those looking to start thier Credit Card journey using the BA Amex Free credit card, kindly join using my referral code to get 10,000 reward points free sign up bonus (Limited time offer).

That's almost enough to an economy ticket to Europe when transfered to Avios. Disclaimer; I also get some points. Let's sha explore Europe together.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/eJIKeOmcG5?XL=MNMNS

This Forum is more than Gold.

Refferal link that i dropped here casually has earned me some hard to get points.

I really appreciate all those who have registered using
http://amex.co.uk/refer/aMaKaUqe5b?XL=MNANS

Thank you

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 07, 2022
Hi guys, sorry a quick one… i know a lady who is coming to the uk for masters with her 2 kids. She was asking if it is compulsory to have PTA as she has heard that some people without PTA aren’t allowed through borders.

Please if this is true , like how much PTA does she need to hold.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hefex: 5:20pm On May 07, 2022
[Please who has answer to this question quote author=Irenenwaka post=112610057]Hi guys, sorry a quick one… i know a lady who is coming to the uk for masters with her 2 kids. She was asking if it is compulsory to have PTA as she has heard that some people without PTA aren’t allowed through borders.

Please if this is true , like how much PTA does she need to hold.[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 5:39pm On May 07, 2022
ProfJYK:

This Forum is more than Gold.

Refferal link that i dropped here casually has earned me some hard to get points.

I really appreciate all those who have registered using http://amex.co.uk/refer/eJIKeOmcG5?XL=MNMNS.

Thanks. I got approved for £4,000

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 6:45pm On May 07, 2022
Hwy9:

Sounds fair. Remember my first line: "No two situations are the same". I'm in Wales too. Mine isn't single occupancy so yeah. Also, I hope these your bills are not estimated but for meter readings you submitted. I remember back then when I thought my water bill was constant like in Scotland. Boy, was I wrong!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Solumtoya: 6:48pm On May 07, 2022
On a similar note, Work-from-Home is changing to Hybrid for me so I need to move closer to London (W2).

I need suggestions of affordable, decent areas around. Would appreciate!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Pearlyfaze: 7:10pm On May 07, 2022
Good evening Ancestors.
Please how una dey take watch live matches, and other better better things them.
I am paying TV license, I have home broadband e remain How to begin see live something especially matches. Premiership and Champion league. Help a brother abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Hwy9: 7:20pm On May 07, 2022
Solumtoya:

Sounds fair. Remember my first line: "No two situations are the same". I'm in Wales too. Mine isn't single occupancy so yeah. Also, I hope these your bills are not estimated but for meter readings you submitted. I remember back then when I thought my water bill was constant like in Scotland. Boy, was I wrong!

From my metre readings.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Santa2: 7:47pm On May 07, 2022
Pearlyfaze:
Good evening Ancestors.
Please how una dey take watch live matches, and other better better things them.
I am paying TV license, I have home broadband e remain How to begin see live something especially matches. Premiership and Champion league. Help a brother abeg.

omopapa and lexusgs430 mentioned something about jailbroken firestick for live matches some pages back
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 7:48pm On May 07, 2022
Pearlyfaze:
Good evening Ancestors.

You mean something like this ......... grin

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by twizzie: 8:07pm On May 07, 2022
For clarification purpose, please is this the one that has a yearly maintenance fee?
ProfJYK:

I really appreciate all those who have registered using http://amex.co.uk/refer/eJIKeOmcG5?XL=MNMNS.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ProfJYK(m): 8:10pm On May 07, 2022
hefex:
[Please who has answer to this question quote author=Irenenwaka post=112610057]Hi guys, sorry a quick one… i know a lady who is coming to the uk for masters with her 2 kids. She was asking if it is compulsory to have PTA as she has heard that some people without PTA aren’t allowed through borders.

Please if this is true , like how much PTA does she need to hold.

I don't think it is true. PTA isn't compulsory and there should be countries whose nationals don't get to enjoy such, yet they aren't allowed entry.

I have never met any desk where one is asked for PTA. Even when coming in with cash, declaration (filling thay customs form) is only mandatory for $10,000 and it's equivalent.

Just hold a card and claim your funds are in it. Them no get terminal to confirm balance
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ProfJYK(m): 8:11pm On May 07, 2022
twizzie:
For clarification purpose, please is this the one that has a yearly maintenance fee?

Not at all.

The free card is good enough for me, and that's what I recommend for new to credit card folks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nineville(m): 8:17pm On May 07, 2022
Xanderlex:

This is similar to mine. All Electric, same EPC rating. Spend between £70-75 per month. Prepaid meter. 2 bedroom. Just myself and my partner

Hello Xanderlex, what is the current bill rate after the widespread energy increment for your 2-bed flat, pls? I intend to move from all bills inclusive to paying bills soonest

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (1007)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.