Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1183068 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:51pm On May 20, 2022
Solumtoya:

Have you sorted this? To change your Google Play country, navigate to your Google Pay Settings. Under Payments profile, click Edit next to Country/Regions. You can only do this once a year or so.
Not able to change. I used xender to get the app.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 12:56pm On May 20, 2022
I just got my credit card. I created account, logged in and saw £2000 waiting for me to spend.

Make I go look for one bar shut down this weekend cheesy cheesy. This UK sweet.

13 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by isialo(f): 1:00pm On May 20, 2022
Good day Elders, pls I am in search of a 1/2 bedroom apartment in Nottingham. Any sure link will be appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 1:28pm On May 20, 2022
Greetings house,

Please, what's security and night transportation like in the UK, specifically, Bournemouth?

Just got a 20K offer for a 2pm - 11pm Monday to Friday role ooo. Uncapped commission on sales.

Your insights will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by humbleprof19(m): 3:00pm On May 20, 2022
All brethren in the house, I greet you

Please who has done NIN recently in the UK?

I tried calling some numbers from the diaspora link and it went straight to voicemail.

Abeg any reliable reference is what I need.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by UmeakaChisom: 3:38pm On May 20, 2022
good afternoon House, good afternoon our elders.
I am a Nigerian still on a student visa, i just finished my masters in finance and accounting, i am currently in London, but open to opportunities in London and Glasgow.
i no get work oooo
Any tips and guide on how to get sponsorship visa / tier 2 of any sort will be highly appreciated.
i don lose, i dey find direction, make una help. Even if no be via my major, i don't mind jumping on the health care visa option
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Khalifa99(m): 4:23pm On May 20, 2022
samint1:

Try Monese. It's quite easy to setup and use as well.
Join Monese and get up to £30 once you start spending! Just enter my invite code when you sign up: SAMU5946.

Download the app here: https://www.mone.se/7vQs/48dygzzy

I tried Monese and i got the account right away thank you.I would just run it for few days and set up Netwest or any other Physical bank..All this online bank way no get branch no be my thing.Lol

Thank you all

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Bourne007(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2022
You carry 'queueing' mindset come UK ni grin

Khalifa99:

I tried Monese and i got the account right away thank you.I would just run it for few days and set up Netwest or any other Physical bank..A[b]ll this online bank way no get branch no be my thing[/b].Lol

Thank you all
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 5:43pm On May 20, 2022
Just realised people need license to ride e-scooters in this UK ooo.

Abi am I getting it all wrong?

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by phyl123: 5:55pm On May 20, 2022
humbleprof19:
All brethren in the house, I greet you

Please who has done NIN recently in the UK?

I tried calling some numbers from the diaspora link and it went straight to voicemail.

Abeg any reliable reference is what I need.

Thanks

I did mine recently, you have got to book it online, you don’t really need to call anyone.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 6:22pm On May 20, 2022
Ticha:

I have not paid interest on a credit card for more than 10 years and use CCs all the time. In fact, our summer trip has been paid for using a money transfer CC card which is interest free for 24 months. Of course I've paid the associated fee but that was about £140 only. I'd always take a CC over a loan as long as I need under £10k.

You are right though - CC is not free money and it is necessary to be very prudent in how one uses it. CC also gives purchase protections that loans do not give. There is a place for both.

For clarity - if you have to take credit where you pay interest then go for a loan as interest rates are almost always much lower for loans. However it is easier, way, way easier to get a CC than a loan.
Everything you said is correct and I totally agree, This was why I said CC is good when one is financially matured to know the inns and out, how to do balance transfers and interest holidays etc. all those comes with expirience
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 6:24pm On May 20, 2022
lightnlife:
Greetings house,

Please, what's security and night transportation like in the UK, specifically, Bournemouth?

Just got a 20K offer for a 2pm - 11pm Monday to Friday role ooo. Uncapped commission on sales.

Your insights will be appreciated.
congrats But always read the small prints in them JOBS, all secured just mind your business
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Dimejidude(m): 9:19pm On May 20, 2022
Open a chase bank account through my referral link. We'll both get £20 each. When you register and get your account number, deposit £be 20 and chase bank will give you another £20. It’s a good bank to use if you shop regularly. You get 1% back per transaction using your card.
https://link.go.chase/emNK/refer?code=VzBMeTcu.

Offer is closing soon so hurry up.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:17pm On May 20, 2022
For UK residents expecting one form of energy rebate or another..........

The SCAMMERS ARE OUT, SENDING THEIR USUAL NONSENSE..........

BE WATCHFUL & CAREFUL.......

Don't in an attempt to save funds, see more funds fraudulently vanish........... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Missposh: 11:13pm On May 20, 2022
I didn't carry last for this amex card application o. Thank you all for the information you keep sharing here. I applied, I was not approved immediately they asked me to provide proof of address and identity. I sent those, they sent another email that I should send a bank statement that shows my current address. I sent it. After sending and I didn't hear from them, I called their customer care. The person I spoke with reviewed the attachment I sent while on the call and approved 4k for me. Naso I take collect credit card in a little over a month of arriving here.

ProfJYK I used your referral code o, what are you sharing for your followers � �

Na to go dey read all the tips on managing credit card remain. Thanks everyone.

ProfJYK:

Yes You Can. I got my first one as a student barely 3 months in this country.

I recommend co-branded cards or loyalty card for starters as they demand less stringent requirements for beginers.

Try the free British Airways American Express card using this referral link below.

http://amex.co.uk/refer/nnEKAIJ0ke?XL=MNDNS

Please don't be shy to embellish your income small by entering something substantial to prevent rejection. You can put up 10 #19,000 in other income as well

Please ensure you pay your full outstanding monthly and don't carry over more than 30% credit limit utilisation at the statement close date. Anything above 30% reported to the registries has an adverse effect on credit score.

Ps. I am also a beginner in the UK.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 11:26pm On May 20, 2022
Missposh:
I didn't carry last for this amex card application o. Thank you all for the information you keep sharing here. I applied, I was not approved immediately they asked me to provide proof of address and identity. I sent those, they sent another email that I should send a bank statement that shows my current address. I sent it. After sending and I didn't hear from them, I called their customer care. The person I spoke with reviewed the attachment I sent while on the call and approved 4k for me. Naso I take collect credit card in a little over a month of arriving here.

ProfJYK I used your referral code o, what are you sharing for your followers � �

Na to go dey read all the tips on managing credit card remain. Thanks everyone.

Interesting. Hand don dey meet everybody Amex dey do CC giveaway. Amex is going to grab a very huge chunk of the CC market with this their approach, because it seems they're more open, in comparison to banks like Barclays or HSBC, that'd ask you to bring your grand fathers kindergarten certificate before they'd consider you for £10 credit.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lavida001: 12:03am On May 21, 2022
As the main applicant on a student visa, can I join my wife to apply for tier 2 visa if she happens to be given cos from her job?

Or we should just go ahead and apply for the PSW visa ?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by samint1: 4:12am On May 21, 2022
Khalifa99:

I tried Monese and i got the account right away thank you.I would just run it for few days and set up Netwest or any other Physical bank..All this online bank way no get branch no be my thing.Lol

Thank you all
You are welcome. I've been using Monese since I got here Dec for salaries and purchases with no issues at all.
If you need physical bank account too, you can try Barclays.
There is a way to verify your address even if you don't have proof of address yet. You can choose the option of receiving a code by postal mail to your house address which you will then use to activate the app and account.
The code should arrive your address within few days of request. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 4:21am On May 21, 2022
Khalifa99:

Thank you all

What would you do, when this banks with physical branches today, become physically branchless tomorrow........ grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Estroller: 6:01am On May 21, 2022
No need to go the PSW route, simply switch to her dependent on the Tier2 visa.

lavida001:
As the main applicant on a student visa, can I join my wife to apply for tier 2 visa if she happens to be given cos from her job?

Or we should just go ahead and apply for the PSW visa ?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Mrak2Agho: 8:19am On May 21, 2022
Good morning to you all,first time commenting here am kelvin from Leeds West Yorkshire
How una dey?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On May 21, 2022
Viruses:
I just got my credit card. I created account, logged in and saw £2000 waiting for me to spend.

Make I go look for one bar shut down this weekend cheesy cheesy. This UK sweet.

Where are we going ........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:23am On May 21, 2022
Ahappygirl:
Thanks alotttttt to @Lexusgs430 I have DSTV on my screen now and watching my most annoying advert of minimie chinchin...lol. Truly grateful I get to watch my flatmates show again..You're underrated sir.Thanks again

Anything to keep you Ahappygirl............ grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by erico2k2(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2022
Mrak2Agho:
Good morning to you all,first time commenting here am kelvin from Leeds West Yorkshire
How una dey?
Nah una get pudding and you can chill with the yorshire lass���
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 10:35am On May 21, 2022
erico2k2:

Nah una get pudding and you can chill with the yorshire lass���

Hmmmm wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by wonlasewonimi: 11:06am On May 21, 2022
DeeOneBangin:

Hmmmm wink

you want a 22 years ban abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.