Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1177459 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 11:31am On Sep 03, 2022
hustla:

Choi, how many months did it take?
Mine took a dive but I noticed Amex increased just increased my available credit

My 2nd month using it, used just 14% of available credit in my first month and paid on time

Got into the country, January of this year. I've been doing things around it since then. But I got Amex credit card in May.

Nice. I had my credit limit increased on Amex too, three months after I joined.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 11:51am On Sep 03, 2022
Emmyk:

Got into the country, January of this year. I've been doing things around it since then. But I got Amex credit card in May.

Oh I just started stuff last month. Phone contract and stuff

Means I'm on the right track then as it has been increased after my first month

Thanks for your reply smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2022
hustla:

Oh I just started stuff last month. Phone contract and stuff

Means I'm on the right track then as it has been increased after my first month

Thanks for your reply smiley

You are. Yezzir.

See you in the future with a great score. grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by lightnlife: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
Ridiculously shameful.

Her crassness and crudity is another level.

Was hopeful the son abi na the husband wey come down would have a better approach but embarassed

kode12:
Isn't this just ridiculous?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW19QbwfYGY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by babajeje123(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2022
Emmyk:

1. You can use Experian still. You don't have to pay the monthly subscription fee. The subscription only shows you tips you won't see on the free version.

2. I'm not totally sure on this.

3. False. I check my scores as often as I want without any impact.

4. Credditladder. Sign up. Then connect your bank account. Select the particular payment reference you use when sending money to your landlord. Since it's a monthly trend, Credditladder will be notified the moment you pay for every other month. Just make sure you stick to sending your house rent on same day, each month.
Is using Creditladder free?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2022
babajeje123:

Is using Creditladder free?

It is. But you are limited to the credit agencies they report your house rent payment to; they report to only 1 of the 3. You make the selection by yourself.

If you want them to report to all 3, you pay £8 monthly or an annual £60.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2022
Emmyk:

You are. Yezzir.

See you in the future with a great score. grin

grin
You too

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by rayralph(m): 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2022
For guys having issues with iptv. Get ExpressVPN, change the location to any country within Europe.

Works seamlessly without issues even during live matches

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2022
Emmyk:

1. You can use Experian still. You don't have to pay the monthly subscription fee. The subscription only shows you tips you won't see on the free version.

2. I'm not totally sure on this.

3. False. I check my scores as often as I want without any impact.

4. Credditladder. Sign up. Then connect your bank account. Select the particular payment reference you use when sending money to your landlord. Since it's a monthly trend, Credditladder will be notified the moment you pay for every other month. Just make sure you stick to sending your house rent on same day, each month.

Thank u.

pls I have register to vote and it was successful. my council brought the form I filled it and later they send a letter that it was successful and by September it will be register. but I checked my credit karma it has not yet been updated on it. it keep telling me to register. pls how can I update it on my record that I have register

2. I only use one credit card which is enough for me. is it advisable to use many credit cards or just stick to one??

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Emmyk(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2022
Osoderi:

Thank u.

pls I have register to vote and it was successful. my council brought the form I filled it and later they send a letter that it was successful and by September it will be register. but I checked my credit karma it has not yet been updated on it. it keep telling me to register. pls how can I update it on my record that I have register

2. I only use one credit card which is enough for me. is it advisable to use many credit cards or just stick to one??

Thank you

If by the end of September, you still haven't seen it on your credit score, you can mail them.

2. I'm currently using only one myself. cheesy As long as you are able to manage them, having more that one seems nice.

I might get another one soon. I use Amex, it doesn't work in a lot of places, so you still have to hold your debit card.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Goke7: 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2022
lightnlife:
Ridiculously shameful.

Was hopeful the son abi na the husband wey come down would have a better approach but embarassed

this jaguda attitude don enter UK finally, but we are learners o, British people get craze pass us o and if you think nigerians are good liars, you've not met an original britico

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by BStrands(f): 7:27pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hello guys, pls is anyone renting (or knows anyone who’s renting) properties in Bolton?
I’m looking for a 1bed or studio. It could be shared. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2022
lightnlife:
Ridiculously shameful.

It’s absolutely disgusting.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
CheesyTee:

I got another CoS from my employer. Reapplying for another skilled visa and withdrawing the old application.

I will be opting to use ID check app and priority service because I am not sure of dates available for physical biometric (my patience is running thin and waiting 3-4 week for biometric date fit make me lose it).

Fingers crossed.

Got my Skilled Worker Visa (H&C) decision today at 7:58pm.

I am over the moon.

I am glad I chose to reapply after waiting over 6 months.

24 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ugoonuoha: 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2022
CheesyTee:

I am over the moon.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by DeeOneBangin: 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2022
CheesyTee:

I am over the moon.

At last……. Big congratulations to you!!!
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Coleridge: 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2022
Akorkor:
Hello there, my people.

longest time o. How is this increase in energy affecting life here? I understand that now is not the best time to switch energy providers, but biko I dislike prepaid because at my previous residence, I was spending up to £120 per month on both gas and electricity, and this is me being frugal o. Take note that I was the only one who stayed at this time. Now that I've moved to another house with postpaid, my life has been wonderful. The estimated cost of gas and electricity is less than 50 pounds. So, I'm planning on moving out again, but provider are British Electricity and Scottish Gas, both of which are prepaid. I'd like to go postpaid. Is there a way to do this?

Did you mean British Gas, instead of British Electricity? Note that both British Gas and Scottish Gas are the same company - when British Gas operates in Scotland, it trades under the name of Scottish Gas, but both are the same company.

Regarding the substance of your question - you can speak with British Gas and tell them you want to install a smart meter in your flat. You can also let them know that you want your electricity service to be postpaid, which can be serviced through direct debit. I use British Gas smart meter and it is postpaid. It is, as you noted, much more cheaper and cost effective than prepaid.

All the best.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2022
rayralph:
For guys having issues with iptv. Get ExpressVPN, change the location to any country within Europe.

Works seamlessly without issues even during live matches

Or simply hotspot your TV .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2022
Emmyk:

You can't just talk about your Amex credit limit increase for mouth nah .........

Make we go declare surplus......... wink

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2022
DeeOneBangin:

At last……. Big congratulations to you!!!

Thank you. God bless
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AlphaUno: 4:16am On Sep 04, 2022
Do you know that you can actually trace a vehicle, a vehicle driver or owner who has

- committed a hit and run on you or your car.
- driven off with your goods.
- stolen and abandoned a vehicle near you
- parked a vehicle on your property.
- driven off without paying for goods and services.
You ‘ll need the vehicle registration number for this on DVLA’s site.

And if your desire is to buy a car, especially used car, you can use ‘ask MID’ - to know an insured vehicle and the DVLA service to get detailed info about the car before buying.
Ask the seller for
the registration number
make of the car
model of the car
and MOT test number.

Either you desire to seek redress or make a buy decision; it’s simple, just head to DVLA’s website with the vehicle’s registration number, request info about the vehicle’s ‘registered keeper’, and use info gotten to seek redress or make an informed decision.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 8:55am On Sep 04, 2022
CheesyTee:

I am over the moon.

Wow! 6 months is a long time. Wishing you the best.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by gistbite(f): 8:58am On Sep 04, 2022
Osoderi:

Thank u.

Thank you

Send them a mail. The same thing happened to me and it was rectified when I mailed them

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Kannyman: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2022
CheesyTee:

I am over the moon.

Congratulations... More wins
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:49am On Sep 04, 2022
CheesyTee:

I am over the moon.

Glad you finally got this sorted. Congratulations
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by kode12: 9:51am On Sep 04, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Or simply hotspot your TV .......

So it seems some internet providers are blocking it after all. Probably explained why mine worked in the US and failed here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2022
kode12:

So it seems some internet providers are blocking it after all. Probably explained why mine worked in the US and failed here.

Absolutely........ They are blocking on match days..... Probably some deal with internet service providers, to block IPTV links/streams........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by fatima04: 10:53am On Sep 04, 2022
CheesyTee:

I am over the moon.

Finally, congratulations
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 11:34am On Sep 04, 2022
gistbite:

Wow! 6 months is a long time. Wishing you the best.

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by CheesyTee(f): 11:35am On Sep 04, 2022
Kannyman:

Congratulations... More wins
fatima04:

Finally, congratulations
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by pretty1986: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Absolutely........ They are blocking on match days..... Probably some deal with internet service providers, to block IPTV links/streams........
Good morning sir,pls how easy it is to get offer as a Nigerian Nurse from Hospital or Care Home in Uk?, while the person is still in Nigeria.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osoderi(m): 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
gistbite:

Send them a mail. The same thing happened to me and it was rectified when I mailed them

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.