Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) - Travel (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (1178224 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (1007) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by ugoonuoha: 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Modupeoluwa123(f): 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2022
Hello family, how is the weather today?
In 2017, I was a young girl of 18years serving my fatherland in Kwara, Ilorin Nigeria.
In December 2017, I saw a post on Nairaland asking us to make a wish for Christmas.
I made a wish and requested that someone make my mum who is a widow happy during the festive period because I really wanted to buy her chicken and foodstuffs then but I could only afford a chicken.
Two days after, Santa reached out to me and sent me 40,000. This money as at then is like #200,000 now.
I couldn’t even appreciate him enough and I remember I always reached out and he was always responsive until I misplaced my phone in 2018 and lost his contact.

I had searched everywhere for this man because my mother wanted to pray for him but I couldn’t retrieve my nairaland details.

Last week, I got my student visa to study in the United Kingdom and I had to follow this thread and boom! I found the username.

I remain grateful to Santa cheesy :Dfor your help as at that time because you put a smile on my mother’s face.

Part 2
Family, I will be arriving United Kingdom next weekend and I need to start planning and strategizing from day 1.
My area of expertises are: Film production, Video editing, Data imaging technician, Production coordination, Public relations executive and Advertising ,Content creation, Digital Marketing, Broadcasting,Customer success, chef and I am currently getting trained in data analytics.
I have a five years experience in cinema and film making, advertising , customer service executive and digital marketing.
I have 6 certifications in film production and media.
I have about 8 certifications in care giving as well but it is not something I want to do full time.

What and what should I look out for to get opportunities in the UK?
I know for sure I might have to start with a menial job
but I would appreciate any useful tips on how to navigate and get better opportunities.
Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Chinlov: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2022
[quote author=Modupeoluwa123 post=116252508]Hello family, how is the weather today?
In 2017, I was a young girl of 18years serving my fatherland in Kwara, Ilorin Nigeria.
In December 2017, I saw a post on Nairaland asking us to make a wish for Christmas.

you sound like a wise young lady...gratitude is always the first step to growth and more open door....

Have an open mind here, pick up any job you can do while reaching for the best, my best advise would be 'never settle', there is always more.

welcome to UK and God bless you Lexus, you and your large heart, God bless you!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HaneefahRN(f): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
Please what is the new covid rule for arriving in Nigeria now, is there still covid test to be done?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
Modupeoluwa123

This one nah setup........ grin

I cannot even remember this act, but I would have stated, that your secret santa remained anonymous......... cheesy cool

Back to the most important matter, you're in good hands...... This thread is treasure trove of knowledge and oversaturated with guidance counselors........... wink

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Osed(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Get healthcare & travel insurance, from Nigeria......

Insurance brokers like custodian, offers this service......
She’s staying for like 4 months and she can access all NHS services?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Modupeoluwa123(f): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:
Modupeoluwa123

This one nah setup........ grin

I cannot even remember this act, but I would have stated, that your secret santa remained anonymous......... cheesy cool

Back to the most important matter, you're in good hands...... This thread is treasure trove of knowledge and guidance counselors........... wink

Modified!!!!!
The name was and still is Santa.
I ask questions a lot and I know I am at the right place.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Modupeoluwa123(f): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
[quote author=Chinlov post=116253416][/quote]
Thanks for the advise.
Will definitely keep remembering this.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
Modupeoluwa123:

Modified!!!!!
The name was and still is Santa.
I ask questions a lot and I know I am at the right place.
Thank you so much

Yoruba people say, she that ask questions, cannot get lost ......... wink
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
Osed:

She’s staying for like 4 months and she can access all NHS services?

She should or whatever provider, your proposed insurance company, got an agreement/partnership with......

Ask your insurance company all sort of questions.........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by localfrank: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

É plenty....... But you get the money to pay ....... Price ranges from 15 minutes relaxation, would cost you £45 only .......... cheesy

If you no explode in 15 minutes, you go pay for another session....... Full GFE is assured........ cheesy

Not bad egbon

You are doing well
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by tshoboy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
Poanan:
Please i am looking for a referal into consulting. I was told referaal is the surest way. Any type of consulting; mangement, fiancial, audit etc.
What’s your experience like?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by hustla(m): 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Research, my friend....... Research....... cheesy

shocked grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by aragbaboy: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2022
gistbite:

Check the email that was sent to you after applying. There is a link there to track your application

Is this the confirmation email from UKVCAS after your biometrics?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by HondaLover(m): 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2022
localfrank:

Not bad egbon

You are doing well

Sha don't follow point of entry enter point of exit cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by orlabot(m): 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2022
Good afternoon famz.
Pls I need your help. I did sky tv installation last week with the hope that I will be able to access football channels on my tv in the UK. But to my disappointment, I have not being able to watch any football match. I realized that most matches are aired on BT sport channel which I don't have subscription for. I will have to pay additional 28pounds monthly so as to upgrade my initial 40pounds sky tv monthly subscription in order to access football channels . That is a total of 65 pounds monthly to watch football channels. Pls is there anyone here who can help me with a cheap alternative solution to dis issue. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by AgentXxx(m): 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
Baba Lexusgs430 would be of help, check his profile and buzz him on WhatsApp.
orlabot:
Good afternoon famz.
Pls I need your help. I did sky tv installation last week with the hope that I will be able to access football channels on my tv in the UK. But to my disappointment, I have not being able to watch any football match. I realized that most matches are aired on BT sport channel which I don't have subscription for. I will have to pay additional 28pounds monthly so as to upgrade my initial 40pounds sky tv monthly subscription in order to access football channels . That is a total of 65 pounds monthly to watch football channels. Pls is there anyone here who can help me with a cheap alternative solution to dis issue. Thanks

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Ahappygirl: 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2022
That's too much. Please reach out to our secret santa, he'll definitely show you the way. Hint-Moniker is the name of a car

orlabot:
Good afternoon famz.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Strata1716: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
Solumtoya:

It's a massive Airport with lots of chairs, benches, many are quite comfortable to sleep in if you're not ajebota. But if you're a ajebota, you can easily get a lounge. There's Wifi, Charging points so you can use your gadgets, walk around, read a book. 10 hours is quite long though especially if you don't have family or friends to gist with but you'd be fine sha. It's not that serious.
Thank you so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Strata1716: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
giselle237:
you have to pay. Cheapest option is the Al maha lounge which is 45 pounds before trip day and allows maximum 6 hours stay. You’ll need a dom card to do this. If you are using a 3rd party’s card then u might need to send their id and statement for cc verification.

Thank you so much for your reply.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2022
A water company sent me a wrong bill claiming they found my details from credit reference agencies that I live in the apartment
I disputed the bill with documents and after 10 days of which they were unable to get back to me they awarded me £20. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by nineville(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lexusgs430:

É plenty....... But you get the money to pay ....... Price ranges from 15 minutes relaxation, would cost you £45 only .......... cheesy

If you no explode in 15 minutes, you go pay for another session....... Full GFE is assured........ cheesy

How come you are so knowledgeable in nearly all aspects, chief? cool
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Viruses: 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2022
bluebella:

I love using @TransferGo to send money abroad! Click https://my.transfergo.com/en/r/BqV9OF or use BqV9OF to try it for FREE yourself! #trytransfergo
I used your link but I've uninstalled the app. Which kind rate be that. As if they want to make all the profit in one day.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Lexusgs430: 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
nineville:

How come you are so knowledgeable in nearly all aspects, chief? cool

Research chief....... Research....... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
Goke7:

No unfortunately!

You can mail be me on xpoanan116@gmail.com

Then i will send my cv across. Abeg bros.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
tshoboy:

What’s your experience like?

I have over 5yrs experience. Is it possible to mail me on xpoanan116@gmail.com
I was once in audit but left for a firm.

Bros abeg help me.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Phelixblaq(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
Good evening everyone, please Ecctis sent in my statement of English proficiency today but they use my surname and my second name without my middle name, and I have all the three names on the certificate I uploaded to them. Will that be an issue ?? If yes, how can I get this rectify ASAP

Moreover my employer applied for my visa himself, do I need to still provide bank statements since they ticked yes to the maintaince box
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by zeezaa(f): 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2022
Please I want to add my middle name to my passport and I want to ask if I can do that in London passport office or I have to travel back to Abuja passport office to do that?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 10:41pm On Sep 01, 2022
semmyk:
Consulting is wide. Even within mgt consulting, it's still wide. You may have to give pointers.
More so, comes at different levels: entry, associate, consultant, Snr consultant/supervisor, asst mgr / principal consultant, mgr, ... ...
Yet, there're vertical sectors!

In any case you may want to leverage LinkedIn.

Ok thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Poanan: 10:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
Amarathripple0:

Lol I doubt anyone here would refer you for any role. Connect with people on LinkedIn who work with companies to which you would like to be referred. Send them a message after they accept your connection request, thanking them for connecting with you and asking them to please refer you for a specific role. So make sure you search for the role(s) you want to apply for on the company's site and share the link with them. I wish you all the best.

Thanks so much
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) by Uzonma: 12:33am On Sep 02, 2022
Hi house which credit card can someone who is just six months int the UK qualify for with credit score of about 615?
Thank

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (1007)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.